Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Hi @legalfalcon

Hope you are doing fine. Do you think adding a representative or lawyer or consultant can be helpful to avoid unnecessary delays in our cases. Specially for those who are waiting more than 6 months? And a good lawyer can help? Or it will be useless to include a lawyer after AOR?

Thanks

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Hi @legalfalcon

Recently I received Notification of Interest for Human capital Priorities stream under Ontario Nomination.

Currently I m holding a job offer from Ontario employer, which is supported by positive LMIA.
As per IRCC guidelines, I don't need to show proof of funds if candidate has valid job offer.

So the question is should I need to show settlement funds for my Nomination application under HCP category? If yes, then can I get help from my parents? how will I prove that this is my money?

Few more, I showed 16k CAD funds when I created my EE profile, so it has to be the same while making nomination application?

Additionally, I m willing to provide past six months bank statement as per Nomination norms and condition.

Thanks in advance

jy_Sgermany

Jan 24, 2018
Hello Legalfalcon

I received an email from CPC Ottawa on Monday 26/3 that my application is approved and a Ready for visa letter will be sent soon. How long does it usually take for them to send the PPR email after that? Its Thursday today and I was getting a little anxious. Should I send them an email?

Thank you

rajanathomas

Apr 3, 2017
@legalfalcon We had ordered for our CSIS report, which we received today. This is what is mentioned in it. Could be please help us out here.
"""Mr. X's Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 15(l)(d)(ii) (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 16(l)(a) and 16(1)(c) of the Act until his case is completed.
The Access to Information Act and Privacy Section has no authority to intercede in the processing of security screening cases.

In accordance with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat Directive on Privacy Requests and Correction of Personal Information, I am enclosing a copy of the Duty to Assist Principles for your convenience.

You may use the contact information located in the footer to contact us should you wish to obtain clarification concerning your request. Please provide the file number at the top of this letter in any subsequent correspondence.

Please be advised that you are entitled to complain to the Privacy Commissioner concerning the processing of your request. In the event you decide to avail yourself of this right, your notice of complaint should be addressed to: Privacy Commissioner of Canada."""

This is my HUSBAND's CSIS report.
Could you please help us understand why are we stuck at this stage since last August (Status as mentioned in GCMS). Also it states we are entitle to raise a complain as well. How and why is this option availed?

""""

This refers to your Access to Information Act request of February 16, 201 8, relating to XYZ, DOB ****-**-**, received on February 16, 2018.

A record search for the requested information was completed on the basis of the information provided by you and we were unable to locate any record relevant to your request.

In accordance with the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat Directive on the Access to Information Act, I am enclosing a copy of the Duty to Assist Principles for your convenience.

You may use the contact information located in the footer to contact us should you wish to obtain clarification concerning your request. Please provide the file number at the top of this letter in any subsequent correspondence.

Please be advised that you are entitled to file a complaint to the Information Commissioner concerning the processing of your request within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. In the event you decide to avail yourself of this right, your notice of complaint should be addressed to: Information Commissioner of Canada"""

The above mentioned report is Mine. I am unable to understand as to why there is no record of my Security. Is it because my Husband is the Primary Applicant and I am the Secondary Applicant. Also in this case how can I raise a concern if needed.
Please help us understand what exactly is going on with our application.
Our AOR-24th June 2017
Cleared R10 on 19th J

Retruitious

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi Legalfalcon,

I've received an ITA but not yet submitted e-APR. Till how long, in the express entry process, do I have maintain the proof of funds? Thanks!

Snaina

Oct 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi LegalFalcon! Thanks for staying back on the forum to help lost souls like us. I am a time sensitive query and need your help to make the most prudent decision.

Here is a summary:

a) Received my ITA in January as a principal applicant, and spouse as a dependent. In the meanwhile, got a chance to immigrate temporarily with an incredible job opportunity to an EU country, when we found out that my spouse's US issued Indian passport is not scanning properly with the immigration department of that country.

b) Consequently, we had to urgently apply a new passport for him. Turns out, since he was born outside the country, he cannot be issued an urgent Tatkal passport, and it will take a while. We have been struggling to pull strings and complete all paperwork, but it seems we will miss the deadline for eAPR submission by just two days.

Now, we have two options:

OPTION A: We submit the eAPR with my complete details and WITHOUT spouse's valid passport and emedical, explaining about it in LoE, and hope for an extension.

OPTION B: We decline the invitation on the 89th day (hoping that the passport is received at the nth moment), and get a new ITA. It may be noted that given current trends, we can easily get a new ITA in next few rounds. But since we will move countries (EU), will have a new address and maybe will have a few more PCCs to arrange, I am dreading the paperwork.

My queries:

a) Which option of the two will result in better chance of application not being rejected?

b) Is it allowed to submit application without an accompanying spouse's valid passport, explaining it in LoE?

c) Will I be eligible for next ITA round if I reject it at the last moment?

d) Will my emedical on the old ITA be still valid on the new ITA?

e) Do I have to edit my express entry profile with new passport details of spouse? eAPR application allows you to input new passport doc details.

f) If we move countries after the new ITA submission (ambitious, I know), will we have to get the visa process done only in the original country? Can our new country's visa office handle our application post submission?

Our deadline of submission is 10th April, so really hoping for an early response.

Thanks a tonne!

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

slmaan

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hello @legalfalcon

Today i received the following email for my enquiry from LVO..

Your application is undergoing background checks. These checks take time, cannot be expedited and are not conducted by the London office. At times, these can take several months.

Rest assured, we will be in contact when these are completed. Unfortunately, we cannot move forward with your case until the checks are completed.

We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

VCM

Does it means that my application is in security screening?

Looking forward for your reply.

Best Regards
Slmaan

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon

Today i received the following email for my enquiry from LVO..

Your application is undergoing background checks. These checks take time, cannot be expedited and are not conducted by the London office. At times, these can take several months.

Rest assured, we will be in contact when these are completed. Unfortunately, we cannot move forward with your case until the checks are completed.

We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

VCM

Does it means that my application is in security screening?

Looking forward for your reply.

Best Regards
Slmaan
I got exactly the same reply from VCM . My background checks started from 27 Nov till now no news. When did your background checks started?

slmaan

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
I got exactly the same reply from VCM . My background checks started from 27 Nov till now no news. When did your background checks started?
My background checks started on 27 February, 2018. Did you order CBSA or GCMS notes.

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
My background checks started on 27 February, 2018. Did you order CBSA or GCMS notes.
Ordered cbsa notes few days back . GCMS notes issued in January didn't have security screening written. The security information was retracted and s15(1) at the right top corner I am confused about ss that's y ordered cbsa notes. Let's see.

Reactions: slmaan

krishna09

Jul 19, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon , on 19th March I raised a CSE to Canada Office asking for status of my application. Also I asked for the purpose of the missing email of 22nd January, whether it was a PPR or Additional Document Requirement email.

In response they are saying that please check the letter mailed (physical) on my residential address that is sent on 22nd January.

Do you have any idea that CIC send such letter? I think it is the mistake done by the agent who responding my CSE, as I already acknowledged for the email only.

Please provide your valuable inputs.
Hi @legalfalcon,

For above confusion I raised an CSE for the clarification, in response they said that it was send by mistake and only email was sent on 22nd January 2018. Also they confirm that Decision has been made on my application but didn't say whether it was approved or rejected.

But fortunately, the GCMS notes that I have raised on 10 March should be coming on next 10 days so I will come to know about the status.

But what do you say, what is the chances for the rejection, as the email that I am missing on 22nd January was PPR for all other guys with same IP2.

Please give me your valuable response.

Thank you

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hi Legalfalcon. I am planning to land in Toronto for the first time as PR in June this year. As I understand the financial year in Canada is from Jan to Dec. I have been employed since the beginning of this year in my home country and earning income from the same. When I file taxes in Canada next year for 2018, do I need to show the income I earned prior to my first entry into Canada?

Fatemasultana

Apr 7, 2018
@legalfalcon
Hi I am new to this forum, need your help and guidance. I have 3 years IT experience with IELTS band clb 9 in all sections.

I have got ECA report from WES recently, please help me to claim appropriate points-

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (four years)

My education history- I have done 2 years BTEC HND (Higher National Diploma) from Edexcel, London, UK. Then did one year Top Up degree from a UK university. I was given exempted credits for the first two years and only studied final year at university but got full Bachelors Degree certificate. My transcript mentioned my final year credits (120 credits) in details and
Exempt credits for prior learning at level 4 - 120 credits
Exempt credits for prior learning at level 5 - 120 credits
(does not mention anything regarding my diploma)

Total 360 credits and received 3 years bachelors degree certificate!

When I was filling EE profile I have filled details of my HND without any problem. Then I have added my Bachelors degree, here I had filled up a question regarding completed academic years, I have written 3 years though in reality I did attend only 1 year but got credits for other two years hence I chose 3 years.

In the question regarding Level of education I chose "Bachelors Degree". Then another question Level of education according to the ECA report I chose again "Bachelors Degree".

After submitting my profile I have received 50 skill transferablity points. I think system awarded me points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be three or more years long".

Here is my confusion, "one must be three or more years long". I did bachelors only 1 year but WES evaluated as 4 years bachelors degree hence system awarded me the points. As per the ECA report I do fulfill the requirements as it is clearly says Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (four years) according to my transcript I may not fulfill that 3 years degree condition. Even if I write One year as the completed academic years my score stays same because level of education is Bachelors Degree.

Now the big question. Is it going to be misrepresentation?