Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
now Im a little worried...I even mailed Ontario asking for a copy by email..but i think they only send post...does it come by courier?
It should come by regular post. If not, you can send an email to OINP and ask them.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can spouse land in Canada before primary applicant?
No, The primary applicant has to land first, or along with the dependent applicants. Dependent applicants cannot land before the primary applicant lands and is admitted as a PR. However, there is no requirement of all the family members to and together. As long as the primary applicant lands and is admitted as a PR, the dependent applicants can land anytime after that, at any port of entry before the visa expires.

see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/guide-landing-settling-canada-permanent-resident/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon,
I was going through my OINP application and I found I answered 'No' to this question:

"Have you, your spouse or common-law partner, or any of your dependent children, already submitted or been included in an Application for
Permanent Residence to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)?"

Since I already sent CSE about not mentioning my father's PR application refusal where I was dependent for my Express Entry PR submission, do I have to also inform them about this mistake for my OINP application? I used my OINP nomination to get ITA hence worried.
Yes, you will have to inform OINP too.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ok I did. Should I brace myself for nomination rejection and misrepresentation? Just want to know what I will be facing.

No, your parents adding you to their PR has no impact on your PR application.

Shehza

Jan 19, 2018
Hi Legal Falcon,

I need your help to understand following points observed in my GCMS:

1. In info sharing for rest of family status is mentioned as NRT while for my husband it is mentioned” Ready to be assessed” and a validity date is mentioned. While next few pages are blank with s.13(1)(a) mentioned on top.
2. In some places in notes, dates of 2010 are mentioned while at that time, my express entry profile was not even created.

3. Under case processing agent review it is mentioned “MI3 A11.2: MET R75; FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS- APEARS MET R76 : SELECTION CRITERIA- FSW POINTS/ APPEARS MET FSW POINTS TOTAL:77 READY TO FINALIZE RPRF: COMPLETE. However in summary eligibility is mentioned as not started.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Regards

nomad777

Jan 29, 2016
No, your parents adding you to their PR has no impact on your PR application.
Thank you Legalfalcon, I am have e-mailed OINP and called them. I was told that they appreciate my honesty so they don't think this is going to be any issue. They want to update this information and so wanted my PR application details for Express Entry. I hope this thing resolves fast and in positive light.

jy_Sgermany

Jan 24, 2018
Hello Legalfalcon,

Can eligibility still not be completed, despite having your security done months ago? As per the CIC agent, I was informed eligibility is not complete but security was done in 1 day. in IP2 since September 2017

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
If the charges were dropped, then CBSA will give it report, and a report will be filed by RCMP. As soon as there reports are in IRCC will make a final determination. So its just a matter of time.
Hi @legalfalcon

I got a standard reply from IRCC to my email, which says

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required."

I am wondering if you know at what stage they send a request to RCMP. Is it when the background status changes to processing, or after applicants submit the police report/court records. How long it can take - I have read that RCMP can take upto 120 days if there is a match.
When we had applied for RCMP initially, my husband (who has a positive match but withdrawn charges) report came in 10 days and mine arrived in 5 business days.

Please advice if there is anything I can do to request the status of my application.

Last edited:

jd13k

Jan 31, 2018
It should come by regular post. If not, you can send an email to OINP and ask them.
thanks for your reply legalfalcon, I am intouch with Ontario through email, however, they havent confirmed or provided any tracking number so far. Also is this document mandatory for submitting? I have almost all the required docs except this. I even asked them to send it by email, but they said they send only by post.So what do we do incase the post is lost?

cnrp

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
13-12-2017
41 A person is inadmissible for failing to comply with this Act

• (a) in the case of a foreign national, through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act; and
(b) in the case of a permanent resident, through failing to comply with subsection 27(2) or section 28.

This is what s41 states. However, to ascertain what is exactly relevant to you, can you post the relevant part of your GCMS notes.
Thank you for your reply @legalfalcon, I'm adding the screenshots from my GCMS below.

Nobatia

Aug 20, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-01-2018
Passport Req..
02-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
LANDED..........
13-10-2018
If you have lived in your home country for more than 6 months, then your should get a PCC and update ASAP. If you have not, then no need to worry. If you are unsure, then better to have it then not.
I've had a chance to check my old passports and thankfully the total time adds up to only 5 months since my 18th birthday. Guess I'm in the clear!
Thanks a lot. :)

himsin

Feb 11, 2017
Thanks for the info. However, I called CIC today and talked to a soft spoken agent Kadeija who told me that my security was passed in July'17. Rest all checks viz., Eligibility, medical, criminality are visible as passed in my GCMS. I asked her that the GCMS shows security as blank and is she sure that it is passed to which she replied in affirmative and told that they aren't updated sometimes. I asked why isn't the file not approved yet and she told thae BGC still in progress. What more apart from the above checks in BGC she didn't know. I asked an I in SS to which she confirmed I can't be as I've passed security.

Can anything be concluded from this conversation? Did she provide authentic info?
Hi LegalFalcon,
Can you throw some light on this matter?
Thanks.

Rush28

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Dear Legalfalcon,

Not sure if you would be able to help in this regard. But posting it here in case you have the knowledge or can connect me to someone who does.

I have done my MBA in India and my ECA assessment acknowledges the same as Master degree. However, it does not specify that it is in HR.

Hence for CHRP certification, I plan to take the alternate route where I get my experience approved. My experience since my MBA (5 years) has been in HR.

Have some queries regarding the certification process. Please help.

So in terms of immediate steps, what i understood is (plz correct me if am wrong)

1. Fill out the application form for alternate route (i plan to take experience route)

A) Now in the application form, there are points to be entered. Were you able to understand the points system?

B ) understand that fees also needs to be payed along with the form

C) though the form also includes the list of documents that need to be attached to the document but would u have a more comprehensive list?

D) this comoleted application needs to be sent to HRPA either through mail or physical copy to their address?

2. If i get positive response from their side basis my application, then i become eligible to write the ck1 or ck2 exam (how do i choose which out of these two?)

3. Once i give the exam, then i get the designation certification?

nomad777

Jan 29, 2016
Hello Legalfalcon,
Just wondering if I received a 3 day seminar type course from a uni through the company I worked for (as it was part of the work) do I need to mention it separately in personal history or just put the whole period under work for the company? It was during work period.

If someone stock traded in tfsa but was not doing it for living and it was like under 10k. Would that need to be mentioned in personal history?

Sorry if they sound silly. Canlil got me paranoid