+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Pushpaacna

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
If you have worked for the government, or have an extensive travel history to some concerning destinations, or come from a country which is know for harbouring undesirable elements, your application may land in extensive security screening.[/QUOTE]

If that is the case (extensive security screening), is there a way to know that with certainty from GCMS notes? I heard that interpreting GCMS notes is not always easy. I applied mine through getgcms on the 6th of Nov. Do you advise on specific GCMS notes if sent to you? Thanks

ResEv_4

Oct 21, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon, your help is always greatly appreciated!

I have a recent concern regarding my application; I already submitted my PR app. I noticed that on my university degree/transcripts there is a hyphen separating my surname when in my passport that hyphen is not present. Will this be an issue and if so how should i address it?
My EE profile had that as well so in the LOE i explained and corrected my surname as seen in passport. Not sure that'd be enough.
Other than that my name is all the same, and its not too common either.

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017

NT127

Nov 30, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-07-2017
Hi, I've been going through various threads and it has been of great help. My Background status changed to in process around 10th October 2017 and since then there has been no progress. I ordered GCMS Notes on 12th Oct which I received around 17th Nov. But there are blank pages which I think contains the most recent information regarding my case. The first missing information is in Verification section where #1,2 & 3 are missing and instead there are few blank pages. Similarly, in the detailed notes by agents, there are few blank pages after the header: NOTE 1. Is this normal and has anyone else faced something similar? What's the solution for this? It would be great if anyone can help me with this because even after receiving my notes I still don't know the current status of case. Also, I'm a PNP Outland candidate and hence I used private service provide(ApplyGCMS) to order GCMS Notes.

Regards!

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi @legalfalcon I am writing a LoE to the IRCC for an ADR. I wanted to get it reviewed by you before I submit it. It that possible? Please let me know how I can do that. Thanks a lot!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So no way to extend landing beyond visa expiry date?
You can raise a CSE and request. But will depend on the circumstances, your reason and the discretion of the VO.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @ legalfalcon, I know that both my spouse and I are under SS. Today, I just got my gcms notes, and noticed that on the second page, under "assessment" section, it shows "info sharing: complete" which is not shown in any previous notes. What does it mean? Could you please advise? Thank you.
Info sharing is not enhanced SS. It simple means the sharing of info for BGC to partner nations, like US, UK, Australia, NZ etc. (if you have ever visited them).

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If you have worked for the government, or have an extensive travel history to some concerning destinations, or come from a country which is know for harbouring undesirable elements, your application may land in extensive security screening.

If that is the case (extensive security screening), is there a way to know that with certainty from GCMS notes? I heard that interpreting GCMS notes is not always easy. I applied mine through getgcms on the 6th of Nov. Do you advise on specific GCMS notes if sent to you? Thanks[/QUOTE]

No need to worry yet. Let your GCMS notes come in, then you can ask any questions here.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

I have a recent concern regarding my application; I already submitted my PR app. I noticed that on my university degree/transcripts there is a hyphen separating my surname when in my passport that hyphen is not present. Will this be an issue and if so how should i address it?
My EE profile had that as well so in the LOE i explained and corrected my surname as seen in passport. Not sure that'd be enough.
Can you provide an example, I am unable to comprehend what you mean by hyphen.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I am writing a LoE to the IRCC for an ADR. I wanted to get it reviewed by you before I submit it. It that possible? Please let me know how I can do that. Thanks a lot!
Send me a PM.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, I've been going through various threads and it has been of great help. My Background status changed to in process around 10th October 2017 and since then there has been no progress. I ordered GCMS Notes on 12th Oct which I received around 17th Nov. But there are blank pages which I think contains the most recent information regarding my case. The first missing information is in Verification section where #1,2 & 3 are missing and instead there are few blank pages. Similarly, in the detailed notes by agents, there are few blank pages after the header: NOTE 1. Is this normal and has anyone else faced something similar? What's the solution for this? It would be great if anyone can help me with this because even after receiving my notes I still don't know the current status of case. Also, I'm a PNP Outland candidate and hence I used private service provide(ApplyGCMS) to order GCMS Notes.

Regards!

If you see s15 or s16 on the top right hand corner of the pages then those pages are retracted. See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

When you order GCMS notes, be aware and read. https://www.getgcms.com/blog/gcms-notes-contain-vital-information-keep-safe/

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Hi all,

Help required,

I have got my reference letter from current employer, however I have worked for 7 years and been promoted twice during this tenure last promotion was October 2013.
however my reference letter (on company letterhead given by manager) only mentions current roles and responsibilities as a manager do I require reference letter from all positions or current roles and responsibilities can work, I can provide all promotion letter and pay stubs as I have all the documents available online. each and every change is documented so not too worried on that.

They have said that letter with role and responsibilities of all years is not possible only current will be provided.

Any help would be really grateful

Phillip10002

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hi,

ADR request for new born passport.

Do I only need to uploaded this or should l also included a covering page with the UCI number?

Do they stop processing your application until you provide ADR?

Thanks

ResEv_4

Oct 21, 2017

Can you provide an example, I am unable to comprehend what you mean by hyphen.
An example would be: Alessandra Lopez-Portillo Saenz
Where Lopez-Portillo is one surname but in official documents like my passport, it doesn't have the hyphen: Alessandra Lopez Portillo Saenz
I sometimes use it so people don't put my name only as Lopez, although i didn't address that exactly in the LOE.

MinesMS

Sep 13, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I need your help and advise..

Recd ITA on 13th April, AOR on 24th Jun, Medical Passed 1st Aug, NA2 since 5th Aug..file is in Ottawa..Application Type is FSWO ( I reside in India ).

Application Status:

Eligibilty - Under review
Medical - Under review ( On 1st Aug it said medical passed and after uploading son's LOE it went to review )
Additional Document provided - Being Reviewed
Background - Not Applicable

I am single applicant with a non accompnaying dependant. The non accompanying dependent is my son for which they had asked for Passport details, birth certificate and medicals. My son is currently 11 years old.

I had separated from my wife and officially divorced since 2007 when my child was 1 yr old. I havent seen him or been in any communication since then.

I have provided all documents, including my son's name change which my ex-wife changed it to her surname. Obviously, since we are not in communicating terms, and because the legal divorce papers has given the mother the custody of the child, and because I have not been in touch since the separation whatsoever, I have not been able to provide the medicals. I have explained all of this and provided a self-affidavit and had it notarized.

On 1st Aug CIC had once again asked for medical documents for my son. for this I provided LOE and once again attached the self affidavit, divorce paper that mentions custody.

I contacted CIC and the agent on the call said ( on 6th Oct 2017) that my security, criminal and assessments hv been cleared and they r reviewing my dependents medical documents. I wrote an email on 17th Nov and got the same response that my file is still in Ottawa and they r reviewing my dependents medical docs.

I would like your advise on the following:

1. DO you think I shud order for GCMS notes?
2. Is there anything further that I can do to expedite my application
3. Do you think I hold a chance for getting through my PR.

Any inputs on the above and anything of value add would be of great help to me...Thank you in abudnace for your time and inputs.

Looking fwd to your response...

Last edited: