Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
No, this part time work experience was in the U.K post graduation. I started my full time employment from June 2013 to present in Dubai, UAE which I had indicated accurately in the work experience. Please suggest how should I justify this period of January 2012 - April 2013.

(Option A)

- If I mention that I was unemployed during all these months in the ITA submission then it will invalidate the below statement I had marked as "No" (Ontario PNP submission):

Other Activities (excluding education and paid work)

Do you have any other activities, excluding education and paid work history, in the last ten years (or since the age of 18, if this was less than ten years ago)?

Yes
No

(Option B)

- Alternatively, If I provide the part-time jobs I did during this period (I had not claimed any points for this) it would again contradict with the work history I had provided earlier as this was omitted (Ontario PNP submission).

I trust it would of been best if I provided ALL employment history earlier in the Ontario submission, but had missed it out. Can you please advise me on how about to deal with this to complete the "Personal Activities" tab.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback and help.

If you are not claiming points for a work experience, it is immaterial. You only have to list it in your personal history to account for what you were doing in the last 10 years. Even if you did not disclose your part-time work history for the OINP it will not be an issue as it did not get you any points. You can go ahead and mention your part-time jobs in the personal history and explain it in LoE.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon , I got a question

I am at IP2 from last two days. I have seen people saying that case officer can review linkedin account also. In my linkedin account I have shown myself as employed during the period where I said I was unemployed in the application as that job does not contribute any points. Secondly, I have there my current job as research technician in Canada but I didn't raise the CSE for that one as it is not related to eligibility of the application. I just raised CSE for change of address from Pakistan to Canada.

Is there any think that could consider as misinterpretation? do i need to worry. What should I do. Please help

Thank you
IP2 IP1 is irrelevant as they are forum invented jargons without any reference to what stage your application is at. All application go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security
You can read more on each stage - https://goo.gl/AmdtgR

It is during eligibility that your work references and your work history is checked. If you have passed eligibility, no need to worry. However, you will need to check that through your GCMs notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon..

Our past travel from US to India via Dubai has departure stamp(from US) of 15 Nov and arrival stamp(in India) of 17 Nov..
so what do we do with 16 Nov..?we were traveling on 16 Nov..which address should we put?

Thank you in advance :)
You have to stick with one format. Either use the exit date from each country, or the arrival day. Ideally you should be using departure date.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon, could u plz advice on the following....
1) applicant -cec inland
With experince 19 mnths by the end of this month
Applied for residency when the one year criteria is met and received COPr recently
So my question is does the applicant have to maintain a job offer (keep working) until the landing is completed...or employed or Can quit working and take a break for a while at any time ...
Or even this has to be notified as chnge is circumstance at the border or before landing through CSE...
Does this have any effect on citizenship application while filling personal histry or work History...

2) for inland applicants if the Proof of funds are ABOVE 10k during landing what are the measures to be taken...like i read somewhre it is considered laundering so only 10 k is allowed ...not sure but can u explain...
Thanks in advance

Your application is locked the day you file it. Anything after the filing date does not impact your points. However, if there is any major change in your profile, you have to inform IRCC. If you have received CoPR, you can leave your job, no issues and no need to inform IRCC.

The 10K limit i only on cash, i.e. when you carry cash of more than 10K you have to declare it. You can read more on PoF -
https://goo.gl/mPejMN

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I have a concern. I have a credit card in a bank. But the accounts that I am showing for POF is of other banks and not the bank which the credit card is from. So I thought of not showing the credit card statements since it will affect my POF balance. But I'll be doing the online payments to IRCC from this credit card.

Will this be a concern to my application?

No, no need to worry about, you are all good. The CC is only required to be disclosed if you have an outstanding balance on it. Read more on PoF here - https://goo.gl/mPejMN

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon !

I am an FSW Outland applicant and my AOR is 14th June 2017. I had applied for my GCMS notes on 28th September through getgcms.com. But due to some unknown reason, I still havent received them even after 51 days. I have been in touch with the getgcms team through emails but am told that other than sending status requests/ reminders to IRCC, there's nothing more they can do. Even filing a complaint with the concerned authorities is paper based application and would entail a long time to process.

I am still within the 6 months processing time but have been in IP2 since early September.
I would appreciate if you can advice me on this and whether you suggest I reapply for the notes again with a fresh request so that the true status of my application is ascertained.

Your reply shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. Having read your responses and blogs, your work on this forum is commendable and highly appreciated!!!
IRCC frequently delays releasing GCMS notes, which no one do anything about. Most of these delays are due to the office you application is at. Once an application reaches LVO or CPC, it is the respective office which has to give clearance on the release of GCMS. This is where the issue happens.

Rarely an application will be stuck at the security with CBSA and they will not give a clearance, which also delays the release of the notes. The delay in release of the notes does not necessarily mean that there is something wrong with your file. 98% of the GCMS notes are released within 30 days.

You can sure order another set of GCMS notes, and see if this time it is released. Just stay in touch with the GET GCMS Team and as soon as they are notified of any update, they will inform you.

Appreciate your kind words!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
HI @legalfalcon
I have few questions that I need more clarity on,

I recently completed my short landing and am a PR but currently living in India, however as I am getting married on 29th Nov, post wedding I would like to apply for Spousal sponsorship for my Fiancee and would like to know the best approach in doing so, so that she would become a PR in the least time possible.

I am aware that there are 2 categories under which we can file for spousal sponsorship
1) Applying for spousal sponsorship while spouse outside of Canada(Processing time 6-10 months at best)
2)Apply for spousal sponsorship while spouse in Canada (can take longer than 2 and go up to 3 years also)

I am planning to apply Visitor visa for Fiancee before the marital status changes(i.e before 29th Nov) as a proactive measure so that she would be able to travel when required, and post wedding apply for Spousal Sponsorship under the 1st category, so here is where I need some clarity to understand If Visitor Visa can have any implications

Coming to the questions now,

1)Say the Visitor Visa goes through, I apply for Spousal Sponsorship under Spouse outside Ca category while Priyanka is in India and and later she travels to Ca on Visitor Visa then would the application change internally and fall under the 2nd category because she is in Ca and as a result application processing would also take much longer per the updated category?

2)Can I sponsor for Spouse/Dependent while I am in India?(so that we can travel together once her PR issued, if in case the Visitor Visa doesn't go through)

3) will rejection of Visitor Visa have any bearing on Spousal sponsorship? Would this cause doubts/Concerns to the Visa office
the main reason being that we do not wanted to separated in the early stages of marriage due to Visa issues .

4)Is there a dependent Visa that we can apply so that she would be able to travel with me.

5)the reason we are applying for Visitor Visa before marriage is because I found out that applying for Visitor visa after marriage will result in automatic rejection. is this true?

Is there a better way so that we can travel together while her PR is being processed?

Thanks in advance
I am not sure where you got the processing times. The current processing time for the spousal sponsorship is 12 months. See

. The application processing office the country where you file the application, unless you change it, which can be is the applicant moves to Canada on a student visa, work visa etc.

2. Yes, you can, but you will need to meet a few requirements and one of which is that you are residing in Canada and provide proof of it.

3.No, rejecting of visitors visa has no bearing on the spousal sponsorship application, however, you will have to declare it in the application.

4. No, apart from the spousal and visitors visa, there is no other category which you can avail. You can explore student visa if you are interested in it.

5. Technically no. The main concern with the visitor visa is your intention to return to your home country by showing string ties, through a job, family etc. If you can show that irrespective of marriage the applicant has a full time job or other obligations and will return to India, there should be no problem.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have submitted my passport from dubai to be stamped one week back. And when I track it is still in Abu Dhabi. Is there a problem?

If you sent it vis VFS, contact them.

ankagni

Aug 13, 2017
Hello!
Got my RPRF request on 16 November.
Paid my money and uploaded the receipt.
Now Documents showing: we need more documents to process and we will inform you...
Earlier it was Additional documents not required
NA2 ( since 19 July) and still showing NA2..
AOR 28 June
Med passed 18 July
FSWO
VO: Ottawa !

Any comments regarding myNA2 and Documents statuses ....

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I know this has been asked by someone previously. But wonder if you can shed some information.
Can Principal application land alone initially and then his family join him later? What are the pros and cons of this arrangement? Any special documents we need to show if we are landing like this

Thanks

Last edited:

Chef Sumit

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear @legalfalcon,

I am happy to share the after almost 8 months I got my PPR today however I need your help with my situation.

-I am dependent and my wife is PA, she lives in banglore and I am in Sri Lanka now but moving to Australia in a weeks time. How do we submit passports and where? Also do we need to inform CIC that we have been granted Australia PR. Our thoughts at this moment are that we will move to Australia for a year and then to Canada for a year then eventually decide.

Please do help with you advise and at this moment how to get the visa office changes is the main issue. I want to submit mine in Australia and she can submit hers in Indian as she only moves to Australia end of December.

Thanks in advance.