+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
For PoF see:
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

If your marriage certificate is not in English, then you will need the following documents:

1. Certified copy of the original
2. Translation of the original into english
3. Affidavit from the translator that the translation is true and correct.
I have the original marriage certificate. I can scan it in color. Will this be okey? Do I need to get a certified copy and then scan it?

I meant where should I upload the affidavits taken for Marriage Certificate translation and the affidavit from spouse to use the funds in joint account without limitation. Is it in the LOE section? or Marriage Certificate section and POF section respectively?

Jan 18, 2017
IRCC frequently delays releasing GCMS notes, which no one do anything about. Most of these delays are due to the office you application is at. Once an application reaches LVO or CPC, it is the respective office which has to give clearance on the release of GCMS. This is where the issue happens.

Rarely an application will be stuck at the security with CBSA and they will not give a clearance, which also delays the release of the notes. The delay in release of the notes does not necessarily mean that there is something wrong with your file. 98% of the GCMS notes are released within 30 days.

You can sure order another set of GCMS notes, and see if this time it is released. Just stay in touch with the GET GCMS Team and as soon as they are notified of any update, they will inform you.

Appreciate your kind words!

Thanks for your advice @legalfalcon!. Appreciate your help and support to all the members including me on this forum! :))

Ganiroy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
A. As soon as the child is born you inform IRCC, they will send you paperwork and forms, fill it, and send your child's passport, medicals, and birth certificate. You will also have to show additional PoF, and pay additional fee.

You will be asked to return the existing CoPR and new ones will be issued. Usually takes 2-5 weeks.

B. YEs, if your child is born in Canada, he will be a citizen by birth. However, please be advised that after you land in Canada as a PR, you do not get provincial health care for the first 3 months. So you will need private insurance.
Hi @legalfalcon,

A quick question on the healthcare part. I am seeing in Ontario province, the below eligibility criteria. But you mentioned 3 months, can you please help me understand this.

Who qualifies
To qualify for OHIP, you must meet all of the minimum qualifications listed below plus at least one of the additional requirements.

To meet the minimum qualifications you must:

• be physically in Ontario for 153 days in any 12‑month period
  • be physically in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after you began living in the province
  • make Ontario your primary home
Thaks for your time

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Dear @legalfalcon,

I have greatly benefited your informative post about detailed background check, and thus am better informed about how to deal with my current SS situation. I have a few inquiries related to my recent notes that need your guidance on its interpretation.

I am the primary applicant and I can see the exact words "security screening" which shows the status "Not Started". For my spouse, there is only the word "Security" after the word "Type:", and there are no sub-activities.

1. Does it mean that currently, only I am undergoing SS; or my husband will also go through SS at a later time?

2. Thanks to your post, today I just requested immigration screening file through fax. Does it mean that by this request, my SS screening will be expedited, as this report is often generated within 8 weeks?

3. Do you suggest requesting CBSA report at the moment? Or should I wait until I hear back about the immigration screening file?

My background check has started from the beginning of September, and my application will reach 7 month by the end of this month. As you can imagine, the waiting becomes more and more painful. I look forward your informed and expertise opinion. Thank you very much.

zeb27

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Dear All,
Please tell me, Do I need to make polio vaccination certificate, i am candidate of Express ENTRY

khalid989

Mar 11, 2017
If you are not claiming points for a work experience, it is immaterial. You only have to list it in your personal history to account for what you were doing in the last 10 years. Even if you did not disclose your part-time work history for the OINP it will not be an issue as it did not get you any points. You can go ahead and mention your part-time jobs in the personal history and explain it in LoE.
Many many thanks for your kind assistance. May God bless you.

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Hope you doing well.

Can you please check my signature & advise what's going on with my file?. I have no update to add in my signature from today's call with cic, as i specifically asked for four stages & everything is same with no new notes by any agent or officer

Regards

Vitam

Feb 7, 2017
No need to worry yet. It takes 6 months for an average to process the application and the 6 months clock starts when your R10 is passed.
Dear @legalfalcon
I am terribly worried. I sent an email and got this response:

"Good day,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times."

But according to my notes, I am not SS. It only says "security", not "screening".

I'm supposed to start business school next march.
What should I do??

AOR May12 2017
R10 June26
Security began July27

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello!
Got my RPRF request on 16 November.
Paid my money and uploaded the receipt.
Now Documents showing: we need more documents to process and we will inform you...
Earlier it was Additional documents not required
NA2 ( since 19 July) and still showing NA2..
AOR 28 June
Med passed 18 July
FSWO
VO: Ottawa !

Any comments regarding myNA2 and Documents statuses ....

There is no NA or NA2 stage. The IP and NA are jargons created by some people without any relevance.

All applications as per immigration law pass through the following stages-

R10
Eligibility
Criminality
Security
Medicals

https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

After you submit the documents, many applicants see the message you have on MyCIC. It will change soon. After you submit documents, it takes 3-5 weeks for IRCC to add it to your file.

As regards the stage, if you are concerned and want to know which stage your file is at, consider ordering GCMS notes.

Reactions: ankagni

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I know this has been asked by someone previously. But wonder if you can shed some information.
Can Principal application land alone initially and then his family join him later? What are the pros and cons of this arrangement? Any special documents we need to show if we are landing like this

Thanks

There are no pros and cons, it depends on the circumstances of each family.

To read more see

Reactions: thomman

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon,

I am happy to share the after almost 8 months I got my PPR today however I need your help with my situation.

-I am dependent and my wife is PA, she lives in banglore and I am in Sri Lanka now but moving to Australia in a weeks time. How do we submit passports and where? Also do we need to inform CIC that we have been granted Australia PR. Our thoughts at this moment are that we will move to Australia for a year and then to Canada for a year then eventually decide.

Please do help with you advise and at this moment how to get the visa office changes is the main issue. I want to submit mine in Australia and she can submit hers in Indian as she only moves to Australia end of December.

Thanks in advance.

First of all Congratulations!!

In your PPR email, you will have the instructions on where to send the Passport. If you cannot send the passport to the designated office, you can request IRCC by raising a CSE to allow you to send the PP in the country where you are in. So it can be India for your spouse and Australia for you.

No, you do not need to inform IRCC that you have received Australian PR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I do have an outstanding balance. I am not showing any funds from the two banks I have the CCs. If declared it will affect my POF. :(

What shall I do?
Outstanding balance is when you are paying interest on some amount, not what you pay every month on the purchases.

Reactions: akila868

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have the original marriage certificate. I can scan it in color. Will this be okey? Do I need to get a certified copy and then scan it?

I meant where should I upload the affidavits taken for Marriage Certificate translation and the affidavit from spouse to use the funds in joint account without limitation. Is it in the LOE section? or Marriage Certificate section and POF section respectively?
Documents related to PoF go in that section and the those pertaining to marriage certificate go in the respective section.

Reactions: akila868

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

A quick question on the healthcare part. I am seeing in Ontario province, the below eligibility criteria. But you mentioned 3 months, can you please help me understand this.

Who qualifies
To qualify for OHIP, you must meet all of the minimum qualifications listed below plus at least one of the additional requirements.

To meet the minimum qualifications you must:

• be physically in Ontario for 153 days in any 12‑month period
  • be physically in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after you began living in the province
  • make Ontario your primary home
Thaks for your time

What you are reading is as who qualifies to get enrolled for health coverage in Ontario. As a new immigrant, if you show the proof of our residence in Ontario you can enroll.

What I stated is when the coverage starts. On the same page you are referring, see below:

When your coverage starts
It can take up to three months for your OHIP coverage to begin after you’ve been approved.

During this time, you may want to consider buying private health insurance.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card

As a new PR, you will be covered under the "make Ontario your primary home."