Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Sir, thank you so much once again. Now that once confusion is cleared, i am hit by another hiccup. My uncle has already loaned his money and hence cannot help me. So i have come up with some options. Please have a look and advice which could be the better solution.

1. My father and mother has lent money unofficially in interest. They collect their money, deposit it my father's account and then transfer it to my account and make a gift deed.

2. My father mortgage one of our property in bank and take a loan and transfer the money via cheque to my bank account. (It is a lengthy option)

3. My father and mother give money to my uncle and my uncle transfers the money via cheque to my account. I mentioned this option just in case CIC would like to see the source of my uncle as well in future. Since he recently retired from govt. job, so proof will not be a problem.

4. My brother-in-law send money from Spain via unofficial channel (officially he can only send 2000 euros every 2 months) to my sister here and she transfers that money to my bank from her bank and support with the gift deed.

Does it matter how the money was collected by the person who gives it as a gift, whether borrowing from bank or their savings or collecting the amount that was lent to others? Like you mentioned, bank statement is not required of the person who gives the money as gift. As i have the money with the gift agreement and i do not have to return it in any circumstance, will that get the job done? Also do i need to make the relationship certificate with the person who gifts money and also include their citizenship? Thank you very much once again in advance and have a good day :)

Kind Regards
Ramesh
I cannot advise you on how to manage finances, that is something for you to decide and I can definitely not give you advise on using un official channel. o_O

It does not matter how the money comes, but that you should have a gift deed, and the money should be in your account.

Reactions: KingKurly

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
dear legalfalcon

i am fsw o with 1st may aor, 21st june meds passed and request letter for coc (as my country requires letter from cic to request for coc but i managed to get it with my ITA letter post AOR), submitted coc on 22nd june and status changed to IP1 too.

it says that the additional documents that i've provided are being reviewed. i am however still at IP1.. it's been 17-18 days. should that be a cause of worry? i've been reading that people move from ip1 to NA in 0-11 days. i also read that there are some in IP1 who went directly to PPR but they are cec inland applicants.

i have not received any other requests so far. appreciate if you could share any prior experience you have had seen for other applicants before.

thank you!!
This IP1 and IP2 business is all speculation and started by someone on the forum, which has no relevance. It is just a status change and for EE, it did not happen earlier, but started in 2016. While some applicant can see a connection with the status change, and the progress, its is all speculation.

Instead you should rely on GCMS, which is the only accurate way of knowing the progress in your application. If you have submitted your application and documents, it takes 2-3 weeks for them to be entered in the system.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi leglfalcon,
Do you know when does officer review gcms notes: d date when notes r generated or just before notes r issued to applicant?

Usually a few days after the request is placed. However, recently IRCC has been generating notes closer to the delivery date, so that is the time when the notes are reviewed.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I cannot advise you on how to manage finances, that is something for you to decide and I can definitely not give you advise on using un official channel. o_O

It does not matter how the money comes, but that you should have a gift deed, and the money should be in your account.
Hello sir. Thanks a lot once again. I think i have my answer from the second part :) I will ask my parents start collecting. Sorry for asking about the unofficial channel. I was just weighing up my options. Have a great day :)

iMayflower

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Dear Legalfalcon, I've got a few questions, way too upfront but my current situation requires me to plan ahead.

Landing, post-landing

• As I understand I must land not later than my meds expire, which is usually the same date on my visa? Meds are valid for 1 yr.
  • What is the official date of Meds validity (1 yr period): counted from the date the exam was taken by me or from the date it was officially passed/recognized in MyCIC profile by IRCC? I am quite distant from this stage now, so I have no idea about those formalities, sorry if the question is a bit stupid:)
  • Once I validate my PR status upon landing, I can go the very next day back to my country of residence and, according to the new law, max I can stay out of Canada for 2 yrs, so that my PR status will not be under risk? And I won't have problems then when I get back to Canada and start my 3 remaining yrs (out of 5) to the pathway for citizenship?
I am thinking if I need to stay in my current country of residency from where I am applying for ITA or I can go in the next 2 months to another country for a new job and work there for let's say 1,5-2 yrs max before finally going for good to Canada (assuming I'll validate my PR status when needed of course).

Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So what do you make of it? it happened, that is for sure. I have the invitation letter for apply and the table clearly mentioned the total score of 456. so whatever that happened, it happened after ITA. Also, there is no reason for it to happen before the submission of the application as no one will check my application and I, for sure, didn't touch that section (even not sure if we could). I think they have checked the eligibility and as they calculate the point themselves once more they noticed that we could get an additional point where we didn't claim and they updated my profile. What do you think "legalfalcon"?
Did it happen because of the recent changes to the law?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon, I've got a few questions, way too upfront but my current situation requires me to plan ahead.

Landing, post-landing

• As I understand I must land not later than my meds expire, which is usually the same date on my visa? Meds are valid for 1 yr.
Meds are valid for 1 year, but usually its the same date as your visa states.
  • What is the official date of Meds validity (1 yr period): counted from the date the exam was taken by me or from the date it was officially passed/recognized in MyCIC profile by IRCC? I am quite distant from this stage now, so I have no idea about those formalities, sorry if the question is a bit stupid:)
The validity of Meds is 1 year from the day they were generated by your doctor. If he has provided you with a report, see the date, of not, then you can call them and ask.

NO QUESTION IS STUPID AND IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO ASK THAN MAKE MISTAKES

• Once I validate my PR status upon landing, I can go the very next day back to my country of residence and, according to the new law, max I can stay out of Canada for 2 yrs, so that my PR status will not be under risk? And I won't have problems then when I get back to Canada and start my 3 remaining yrs (out of 5) to the pathway for citizenship?
To maintain your PR status you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period. So you can stay outside Canada for 3 years in a five year period, but will have to stay in Canada for the remaining 2. If you leave immediately after landing, which you can, make sure you give a friend's address where you can get your PR card.

I am thinking if I need to stay in my current country of residency from where I am applying for ITA or I can go in the next 2 months to another country for a new job and work there for let's say 1,5-2 yrs max before finally going for good to Canada (assuming I'll validate my PR status when needed of course).

You can travel to anywhere in the world, there is no restriction.

Thank you!

Reactions: iMayflower

vd.yazdani

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Did it happen because of the recent changes to the law?
No, i dont think so. these changes dont apply to me. As i said, my wife's second degree was a transfer from the first where most of the first two years credits were the same and she only transfered thoes credits. therefore according to the transcript we couldn't show that she has studied in a program more than 3 years( she has an associate degree of two years and a bachelor's of 2.5 years) therefore against the WES decisions regarding her degree which was two or more degrees or deploma with one is more than 3 years program, we opted to only choose a bachelor's degree as it only gives us 8 points in oppose to 9 if we selected two or more degrees. Based on this i think when they were reviewing our case the decided to modify my profile according to WES certificate.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
No, i dont think so. these changes dont apply to me. As i said, my wife's second degree was a transfer from the first where most of the first two years credits were the same and she only transfered thoes credits. therefore according to the transcript we couldn't show that she has studied in a program more than 3 years( she has an associate degree of two years and a bachelor's of 2.5 years) therefore against the WES decisions regarding her degree which was two or more degrees or deploma with one is more than 3 years program, we opted to only choose a bachelor's degree as it only gives us 8 points in oppose to 9 if we selected two or more degrees. Based on this i think when they were reviewing our case the decided to modify my profile according to WES certificate.
Then I seriously don't know what is going on, as I don't have access to your account. Just make sure that what you do, you keep things safe and secure and provide all documents required.

jaybee2

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Legalfalcon!
I have two quick questions. I am an FSW outland. I am currently seeking a job in Canada to boost my meagre score. Do I have to seek a job that matches my NOC or any job will suffice? And secondly, would I need to prove any competence in whatever area I'm hired?
TIA!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon!
I have two quick questions. I am an FSW outland. I am currently seeking a job in Canada to boost my meagre score. Do I have to seek a job that matches my NOC or any job will suffice? And secondly, would I need to prove any competence in whatever area I'm hired?
TIA!
You can find a job in any NOC and you will get points for it.

Reactions: jaybee2

Faky201

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hello Legal falcon,

If a child has two citizenship and hence two passports, do the two passports have to be uploaded because I want to upload just one although declare the two citizenships.