Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
But in this PPR letter there not a UCI number of my accompanying dependents.So is this fine?
Dear Rabin karki
UCI NUmber is mine and Application number is also mine
Yes, the UCI number is your and there is no problem. Just follow the instructions in the email.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi Legalfalcon I just forwarded that email to your email id so please have a look and reply to me whenever you are free.
Thanks
Rabin

jaschaggar

Mar 8, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon

I am applying under two separate NOC's 2171 and 1114. For the NOC 1114 , these are the Roles and Responsibilities I have mentioned . In your opinion do you think these satisfy the NOC requirement

1) Review customer needs and asset allocation , engage with customers to validate the understanding of the needs
2) Advise customers on enriching relationship by mobilizing additional funds and selling fee based products based on current and future customer needs
3)Review product penetration for assigned client base , identify clients who can be sold tailored products
4) Ensure coverage of all relationships through customer engagements, risk profiling and financial planning
5) Acquisition of new customers through referrals
6) Provide complete and comprehensive information on products services pro actively to the customer and ensure best in class service

The NOC 1114 states

• Financial planners develop personal financial plans for clients covering cash management, finances, insurance coverage, investments, retirement and estate planning, taxes and legal matters; analyze clients' financial records, set goals and develop a financial strategy; advise clients on implementing the financial plan to help them achieve their goals; may also arrange for the purchase and sale of financial products and investments depending on the licence held, and monitor the portfolio to ensure its quality and profitability; and help to expand business and attract new clients.
  • Financial examiners and inspectors review and examine banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, credit companies, real estate companies, insurance companies, pension funds, securities brokers and other financial services and institutions to ensure compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
  • Financial investigators investigate possible unethical conduct or breaches of securities or commodity futures laws by persons or companies that trade in securities and commodity futures or that provide related financial services.
  • Financial underwriters underwrite new issues of stocks and bonds, negotiate with corporations and governments to determine the type and terms of new securities issued and prepare offering prospectuses.
  • Trust officers administer estate, personal, charitable, corporate and other types of trusts, direct trust account investments, receive and record investment income and disburse trust funds.
  • Mortgage brokers meet with clients to obtain information about income, liabilities and assets, and type, price and condition of property to be mortgaged, and negotiate mortgage loans with lenders or lending institutions on behalf of clients.

I think I am covering the financial planner aspect . Can you please advise if I need to modify

Charldr

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @legalfalcon,

A while back, CPC-Ottawa informed me that my application has been transferred my LVO (Pretoria). I have since email the LVO and they responded yesterday saying that I will receive instructions shortly.

This morning when I logged in my profile I noticed a new message. It turns out that it is a request for the following additional documentation:
  • PNC: Provincial Nominee Certificate from Province of Destination
  • Schedule 4 - Prov Nominees: A newly completed Schedule 4 Economic Classes
  • Police Certificate: South African police certificate
I submitted all the requested documentation with my original application however I am happy to resubmit. Upon review, I have noticed that I (stupidly) submitted my wife's PCC instead of mine.

The question I have is regarding the PCC - it is valid for 6 months. The PCC was generated on 16/12/2017.

I need some help in determining if I can just submit the PCC that I forgot to attach or if I'm required to get a new PCC?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lets divide your question into parts and get a better understanding of it. Lets start will what IRCC states:

While assessing the FSW application IRCC has stated, "Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description." http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

The education is not relevant, but it is the job duties. As long as your job duties performed matches those of the NOC you selected, you are good.
Hello Sir, thanks a million for clarifying my doubt. That takes away a lot of stress.

Now moving on to the second part, the lead statement of NOC 4033, it says, "They are employed by school boards and post-secondary educational institutions". I am not employed at any school, college or university but in a private education consultancy that specializes in abroad study and preparation classes for high school graduates and above, for example, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT and general English classes. My current duties nearly matches to the main duties of NOC 4033, like 70-80%. My work place is an independent private institute and have no affiliation with any educational board but is registered with the Ministry of Education. In fact i have also received 10 day training on my profession directly from Ministry of Education last November. So my question is, will working in a institute like i do is fine or does it have to be according to the lead statement? I have also send you PM listing all my tasks at my current job. I would be so grateful if you could have a look at it whenever you get a chance. If this part is cleared as well, my work related queries will all be resolved. Thank you so much in advance and have a great day :)

Kind Regards
Ramesh

powermike999

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Fill the complete information for you and your spouse. Any move is a good move. What does your GCMS notes say?
Thanks for being helpful always Legalfalcon. I am very grateful. I have not ordered GCMS as my application is under 2 months old. I have submitted the form with an LOE. I have another enquiry.

I am yet to pass medical on my profile but i see that my background check moved from "Not Applicable" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" after the ADR request for my spouse travel history came in. What does this mean sir. I notice that background check usually starts after medical passed but it seems mine has started or is it just a glitch. Kindly help educate me.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon

I am applying under two separate NOC's 2171 and 1114. For the NOC 1114 , these are the Roles and Responsibilities I have mentioned . In your opinion do you think these satisfy the NOC requirement

1) Review customer needs and asset allocation , engage with customers to validate the understanding of the needs
2) Advise customers on enriching relationship by mobilizing additional funds and selling fee based products based on current and future customer needs
3)Review product penetration for assigned client base , identify clients who can be sold tailored products
4) Ensure coverage of all relationships through customer engagements, risk profiling and financial planning
5) Acquisition of new customers through referrals
6) Provide complete and comprehensive information on products services pro actively to the customer and ensure best in class service

The NOC 1114 states

• Financial planners develop personal financial plans for clients covering cash management, finances, insurance coverage, investments, retirement and estate planning, taxes and legal matters; analyze clients' financial records, set goals and develop a financial strategy; advise clients on implementing the financial plan to help them achieve their goals; may also arrange for the purchase and sale of financial products and investments depending on the licence held, and monitor the portfolio to ensure its quality and profitability; and help to expand business and attract new clients.
  • Financial examiners and inspectors review and examine banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, credit companies, real estate companies, insurance companies, pension funds, securities brokers and other financial services and institutions to ensure compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
  • Financial investigators investigate possible unethical conduct or breaches of securities or commodity futures laws by persons or companies that trade in securities and commodity futures or that provide related financial services.
  • Financial underwriters underwrite new issues of stocks and bonds, negotiate with corporations and governments to determine the type and terms of new securities issued and prepare offering prospectuses.
  • Trust officers administer estate, personal, charitable, corporate and other types of trusts, direct trust account investments, receive and record investment income and disburse trust funds.
  • Mortgage brokers meet with clients to obtain information about income, liabilities and assets, and type, price and condition of property to be mortgaged, and negotiate mortgage loans with lenders or lending institutions on behalf of clients.
I think I am covering the financial planner aspect . Can you please advise if I need to modify
You will have to make your job duties more elaborate and detailed. As of now they are too simple and narrow.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

A while back, CPC-Ottawa informed me that my application has been transferred my LVO (Pretoria). I have since email the LVO and they responded yesterday saying that I will receive instructions shortly.

This morning when I logged in my profile I noticed a new message. It turns out that it is a request for the following additional documentation:
  • PNC: Provincial Nominee Certificate from Province of Destination
  • Schedule 4 - Prov Nominees: A newly completed Schedule 4 Economic Classes
  • Police Certificate: South African police certificate
I submitted all the requested documentation with my original application however I am happy to resubmit. Upon review, I have noticed that I (stupidly) submitted my wife's PCC instead of mine.

The question I have is regarding the PCC - it is valid for 6 months. The PCC was generated on 16/12/2017.

I need some help in determining if I can just submit the PCC that I forgot to attach or if I'm required to get a new PCC?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
If you never attached your PCC, you will need a new one. If you re just re-submitting it, the old one will be fine, but mention it that this was submitted before.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Sir, thanks a million for clarifying my doubt. That takes away a lot of stress.

Now moving on to the second part, the lead statement of NOC 4033, it says, "They are employed by school boards and post-secondary educational institutions". I am not employed at any school, college or university but in a private education consultancy that specializes in abroad study and preparation classes for high school graduates and above, for example, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT and general English classes. My current duties nearly matches to the main duties of NOC 4033, like 70-80%. My work place is an independent private institute and have no affiliation with any educational board but is registered with the Ministry of Education. In fact i have also received 10 day training on my profession directly from Ministry of Education last November. So my question is, will working in a institute like i do is fine or does it have to be according to the lead statement? I have also send you PM listing all my tasks at my current job. I would be so grateful if you could have a look at it whenever you get a chance. If this part is cleared as well, my work related queries will all be resolved. Thank you so much in advance and have a great day :)

Kind Regards
Ramesh
Post secondary institutions can also be consultancies working for post secondary students. As long as your job duties match and you explain in detail the nature of your work, you will be good. Before you conclude your NOC, also look around for other NOCs which may fit you better.

Reactions: KingKurly

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for being helpful always Legalfalcon. I am very grateful. I have not ordered GCMS as my application is under 2 months old. I have submitted the form with an LOE. I have another enquiry.

I am yet to pass medical on my profile but i see that my background check moved from "Not Applicable" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" after the ADR request for my spouse travel history came in. What does this mean sir. I notice that background check usually starts after medical passed but it seems mine has started or is it just a glitch. Kindly help educate me.
Not necessarily. In most application medicals are passed before, but since you had an additional document request, so most likely everything else in your file is complete. The BGC status on MyCIC change to IP, then to NA or Not Needed, the then again to IP. This is why it is not very accurate and you will have a better understanding of your file through the GCMS.

thaikashaikh

Nov 12, 2016
Dear Legalfalcon,

To begin with, I like to commend you on your selfless assistance you are providing to potential Canadians alike me, we are deeply obliged.

My query is as in under, I am a Federal Skills Worker (Outland) from India NOC 2161 (Actuary by profession), my AOR was 16th March with IP2 since 19th June, awaiting PPR. My file was transferred to the Local Visa Office which is New Delhi on 9th June.

1. Is IP2 a safe stage to consider that the application is approved pending a queue up for PPR (I have not received any employment verification to date, considering transfer to LVO has been a month now)\
2. I order for GCMS day before, would that have any impact on speeding up things
3. Is there any possibility of a rejection post reaching IP2 stage (Until now no additional documents were requested and everything moved smoothly, I even called up the call center they mentioned that my initial eligibility is met and another agent mentioned a month back that all eligibility is met pending a security clearance which I am sure will be met in due course)
4. I see later date AOR getting PPR which is giving me anxiety, and also the fact nowadays Indian applicants are being processed in Ottawa as well, is my transfer to Local Visa Office (New Delhi), detrimental to my chance of obtaining a PR (as I would rate 80% being processed in Ottawa and only 20% being transferred to Local Visa Office), are they being picked up for additional checks, if so then why haven't I had any employment verification which others have reported

Thank you

Warm regards

Shaikh Thaika

Not necessarily. In most application medicals are passed before, but since you had an additional document request, so most likely everything else in your file is complete. The BGC status on MyCIC change to IP, then to NA or Not Needed, the then again to IP. This is why it is not very accurate and you will have a better understanding of your file through the GCMS.

vd.yazdani

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Hi Experts
I have a question regarding my application status .
AOR: 21-04-2017
Medical passed: 22-06-2017
Additional document requested: 22-06-2017 Sch A
Background check: changed to " your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." on 23-06-2017
Additional document was submitted on 27-06-2017
Background check changed to "Not Applicable" on 27-06-2017
It stayed like this ever since.
Would you please let me know on what stage i am and based on the current trend how long it will take for the application to enter the next step?

Also an interesting thing happens when the medical passed on 22-06-2017. My wife's WES certificate says that she has two or more degrees and diplomas which for the dependent applicant is equal to 9 points. However, the transcripts that she has doesn't support the requested duration as she transferred some of the credits from another university to the university that she finished her degree and she doesn't have any certificates or document to show the duration from that university. This led us to not opt for two or more degrees as only get 8 points for her education( at the time we applied you had to select the " two or more degrees" for all the education periods that you had so that the system could consider your additional point for more than one degree). This led us to have a total CRS point of 456 and we got the ITA with a cut-off score of 453. The next day after the medical passed I went to that section of my profile where I could see a summary of the programs I am eligible for and the breakdown of the point I got, it was then when I noticed that my score has changed to 457 and my wife's education point to 9. What does that mean? does it mean that out eligibility was assessed and they have modified my profile accordingly?
I really appreciate your analysis on this.
Thanks
V

Last edited:

vitadoo

Jun 11, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

I hope you are doing well. My questions are about passport page scans.

Should we submit canada study/work permit page scans with bio page/stamped pages? I wanted to ask that because they are additional pages and not stamped on the passport itself but most of the time they just attach it to your passport.

For the bio and stamped page scans, should we just scan the exact page or is it OK to scan the next/related page even it is blank. I think latter way it will be quicker to scan passports since I will just put whole passport into the middle of scan screen :)

Thanks in advance!

mqamar1994

Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
01-07-2017
Nomination.....
19-07-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Hello @legalfalcon

I've applied for Ontario PNP and hopefully I should receive my nomination soon.

I'm planning to get married in September :)

if I receive an ITA before that and also submit my e-APR then will I be able to add my spouse?

I've read that I should remain eligible for OINP if my spouse gets added then i should maintain 400+ and for IRCC there will not be any issue as they only consider your eligibility for FSW. Is this true?

Suppose if all this happens hopefully then what should be my steps of informing OINP & IRCC and would this be a good idea? will it delay my application for more than 2 months?

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: KingKurly

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Post secondary institutions can also be consultancies working for post secondary students. As long as your job duties match and you explain in detail the nature of your work, you will be good. Before you conclude your NOC, also look around for other NOCs which may fit you better.
Hello Sir. Thanks a million for erasing all my doubts in relation to work experience. I don't think any other NOC other than 4033 matches my current occupation. I had thoughts about asking my HR to manage my reference letter with occupation that would match my educational qualification. I know its unethical, but now that i know, thanks to you, employment requirement is not mandatory i can confidently claim points for what i am doing. I will make sure to explain and elaborate my performed tasks cos i perform way more than suggested in the NOC classification page.

I have another major obstacle in the form of PoF. My parents recently bought multiple properties. Hence all our cash reserve including mine has been exhausted. I can mange only 10% of required fund from my current saving (monthly salary & PF). Hence i would require 90% to be gifted by my relative. Just found out that my brother-in-law in Spain cannot help me as he can only send 2000 euros every two months. So can my maternal uncle who just retired from govt job and received retirement benefit help me in this case or is it just the blood relative that can help me with funds? If my maternal uncle can help, would i need the following documents to support my claim:
My bank statement
My uncle's bank statement
Gift deed from my uncle
Affidavit from my uncle
My uncle's net worth

PS. My mom and dad has total net worth in excess of CAD 1 million (assets) in my rough estimation. Can i use them properties in anyway to help with PoF without selling any? Thanks a lot and have a great weekend :)

Kind Regards
Ramesh

Reactions: mqamar1994