Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you LegalFalcon for your reply, yes my wife is accompanying me considering this I will hold off the document for now and probably do a more thorough review off all the documents I attached incase I notice anything else. Thank you so much for your reply. Can you please help with the following two queries as well.
1. My wife recently got a new passport with spouse name updated, however her old passport has all the travel stamps. The PCC is with the new passport number. I have scanned and uploaded both passports, however did not demarcate between the two.
Not required as log as both the passport's biographical pages are included.

2. I used the primary NOC as 0125, I was promoted in October 2016 to my current position of a manager before that I was a senior analyst. However my roles and responsibilities letters carries my responsibilities for my manager role matching to 0125 with the time period of the entire time spent at this organization. Will this be an issues that my current role is less than an year old, though the letter does state that they were my roles and responsibilities for the entire duration of my time at this place.
For the foreign work experience you get maxed out at 3 years, so you don't get any additional points for more than 3 years of foreign work experience. Given that you were promoted recently, which is less than a year ago, you are all good and there is nothing to worry about as you have it recorded in your reference letter.

Reactions: KC_Chopra

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you very much @legalfalcon for the response. When you say, if your application has not started BGC, please do let me know if you meant flagged at bgc.
I meant that the statutory questions are considered during the criminality and BGC stage. How you answer the statutory questions will determine the scope of the BGC. If you answered any question in yes, the BGC will be much smoother and easier, than if CSIS finding something and then probing further, which will take more time.

Reactions: mdeep83

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Firstly, thanks for answering my query. Here are the details of my POF document that I uploaded -

Balance Certificate from my Bank - $15450
6 Months Bank Statement - (approx. $14000 deposited in June itself from my father's account to my account)
Provident Fund Passbook - $4800
Public Provident Fund Passbook - $5680

I wasn't sure if PF and PPF will be considered as valid proofs, so I added more than the minimum required amount in my Bank Account and also attached the PF and PPF proofs.

So what do you suggest, should it be fine just like this or shall I upload the Gift Deed for June transaction using Case Specific Enquiry ?
Sine you transferred the money, which is a big amount, so to be on the safer side, you should send the gift deed as a CSE.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, i have got my work permit approved and would be travelling to canada (from India) in end july. I had also applied for PR and only ip2 is pending. I have a couple of questions:
1 if i go to canada on work permit and in the meantime PR comes and i do not get enough days to update canada address, can i send my passports to Ottawa instead of NDVO? How to get this done?
When you get the PPR, send an email to the email id mentioned in the PPR email and let them know that you are in Canada and what to send the passport to Ottawa, and your LVO will be changed.

2 if my pr comes before i go to canada on work permit. Would the work permits be cancelled?
If you get a COPR and the PR visa stamped in your passport, then you cannot have any other visa. However, if you have your flight and the same day you get a PPR, you will have 30 days to send your passport, until the COPR is issued and you land as a PR, other visas remain valid.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Thanks legalfalcon for the reply as always. The change of address is a simple process or would it take time? Further, as initially i may not have a residential address as i would be staying in a hotel for some time, can i give my office address for receiving back the passport. This should also be mentioned in the email?
Do i also have to update the address by the online form? There also can i mention office address?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks legalfalcon for the reply as always. The change of address is a simple process or would it take time? Further, as initially i may not have a residential address as i would be staying in a hotel for some time, can i give my office address for receiving back the passport. This should also be mentioned in the email?
Do i also have to update the address by the online form? There also can i mention office address?
There is no rush to update you change of address. You can do that when you have a place to live. Updating the address is a simple online process.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
This looks good, the duties mentioned in your reference letter match substantially with the NOC code you have selected. I see no problems.
Thanks @legalfalcon for helping as always, can you do me only one more favour & see if duties matches with lead statement, which you can look from link in previous post?

Would be grateful again for all the help

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016

jaschaggar

Mar 8, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon
While filling up my express entry profile , for my spouse I had mentioned her educational credentials and mentioned that ECA was not done , hence I did not get any points for her education . I have the ITA now and am uploading docs .

My question is : Since I mentioned her degress in the EE form , do I need to upload those as well or will only the IELTS score card be enough. Since I haven't gotten any points for her education and since ECA hasn't been done , it doesn't really hold any value right

Thanks

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
I meant that the statutory questions are considered during the criminality and BGC stage. How you answer the statutory questions will determine the scope of the BGC. If you answered any question in yes, the BGC will be much smoother and easier, than if CSIS finding something and then probing further, which will take more time.
Thanks a lot for the response @legalfalcon

iobajwa

Jul 2, 2017
@legalfalcon

Some background information
I am self employed with two registered (partnership) firms, one manufacturing auto parts other manufacturing electronics. I oversee the engineering in both firms. Towards the work of Firm A i devote 6 hours/day 36 hours/week, Towards the work of Form B, i devote 4 Hours/Day, 24 Hours/week. I am attaching the following documents for each as proof of employment (in total i have to submit 2 proof of employment documents):

- Partnership deed
- PAN card
- VAT registration certificate, Import/Export License
- other relevant certification docs (ISO/TS 16949 certification, Design Patent Applications, etc., etc.)
- a signed and stamped declaration (partner stamp) by self on company letterhead declaring my nature of partnership, my % share, my duties (in brief), my working hours (daily and weekly total), some background about the company, a list clients, etc. It also contains an index of all the documents that I have attached (This is the first document in each of my proof of employment document).
- a declaration by my partner on company letterhead declaring the same information as above, in his own words.
- last 6 months bank statement of my company account (bank attested)
- letters from my 2 clients declaring what they purchase from me, with order numbers/date/amount/mode of payment/date of payment, etc. They have also mentioned about my role (technical, engineering) in the best of their knowledge.
- declaration letter on company letterhead from silent partners enlisting details about working partners.
- bank statement highlighting money received for orders processed (bank attested)
- Income tax returns of last two financial years for both of my companies
- also my declaration contains a note that I am unable to attach more documents because of size restrictions (max 4 mb), but I am willing to share more documents should they be required.

All letterheads contain full contact information (company address, email, phone number etc.) and letters also mention the designations of the individuals signing the letter with their individual contact numbers.

The question
I am a little worried regarding letters from clients. Would 2 client letters for each firm suffice as proof?

For Firm A, It is not practically possible to obtain letters from all of my clients, because 95% of our clients are foreign companies. Therefore, I am attaching 2 letters, 1 each for Foreign and domestic clients.
For Firm B, I can attach more client letters because most of the clients are local businessmen and also because it's just a small scale tech startup and has very little business.

The other issue is also the size limitation. I am already finding it tough to attach so many documents (with good enough quality) in just 4 MB.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,
bajwa.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you. If i send them email to change the VO, does it take time for tbe same. And can i change my address after that or they may say that i have not updated my address so why am i asking to change the VO?
First you need to change your address and then change the VO, or give a reason for why you want it to be changed. VO cannot be changed before the application is approved. However, if you do change your address before the PPR, it will automatically change the VO.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Some background information
I am self employed with two registered (partnership) firms, one manufacturing auto parts other manufacturing electronics. I oversee the engineering in both firms. Towards the work of Firm A i devote 6 hours/day 36 hours/week, Towards the work of Form B, i devote 4 Hours/Day, 24 Hours/week. I am attaching the following documents for each as proof of employment (in total i have to submit 2 proof of employment documents):

- Partnership deed
- PAN card
- VAT registration certificate, Import/Export License
- other relevant certification docs (ISO/TS 16949 certification, Design Patent Applications, etc., etc.)
- a signed and stamped declaration (partner stamp) by self on company letterhead declaring my nature of partnership, my % share, my duties (in brief), my working hours (daily and weekly total), some background about the company, a list clients, etc. It also contains an index of all the documents that I have attached (This is the first document in each of my proof of employment document).
- a declaration by my partner on company letterhead declaring the same information as above, in his own words.
- last 6 months bank statement of my company account (bank attested)
- letters from my 2 clients declaring what they purchase from me, with order numbers/date/amount/mode of payment/date of payment, etc. They have also mentioned about my role (technical, engineering) in the best of their knowledge.
- declaration letter on company letterhead from silent partners enlisting details about working partners.
- bank statement highlighting money received for orders processed (bank attested)
- Income tax returns of last two financial years for both of my companies
- also my declaration contains a note that I am unable to attach more documents because of size restrictions (max 4 mb), but I am willing to share more documents should they be required.

All letterheads contain full contact information (company address, email, phone number etc.) and letters also mention the designations of the individuals signing the letter with their individual contact numbers.

The question
I am a little worried regarding letters from clients. Would 2 client letters for each firm suffice as proof?

For Firm A, It is not practically possible to obtain letters from all of my clients, because 95% of our clients are foreign companies. Therefore, I am attaching 2 letters, 1 each for Foreign and domestic clients.
For Firm B, I can attach more client letters because most of the clients are local businessmen and also because it's just a small scale tech startup and has very little business.

The other issue is also the size limitation. I am already finding it tough to attach so many documents (with good enough quality) in just 4 MB.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,
bajwa.
Your reference letters will depend on the NOC you select. You have to prove that you have a business, but more importune to prove that the NOC you have selected you have actually been working in that claimed NOC and your job duties substantially meet those of the NOC.

IRCC states:

• if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

You can even have other partners give job duties letters for you. The self-employed is more for professionals like solo practitioners lawyers, or dental surgeons etc. When you are providing engineering services in a partnership firm, you definitely hold a designation, which can be confirmed with the managing partner.