NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
Thank you vety much. Yes, i had paid RPRF upfront. What would be the next course of action and how much time does it take generally?
3-6 weeks till IP2 and then PPR in some days .

Please include your timeline in your signature.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Many thanks for your reply! so am I right that my PR was approved in September 2016 and I landed in November 2016, so my PR status starts from November 2016?
yes

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Hello Legalfalcon, can I ask a question regarding on the "proof of family member status" and "proof of pr/citizenship of sibliing" in the checklist item.

After the ITA in express entry, what is the difference between supporting document of "proof of family member status" and "proof of pr/citizenship of sibling"?

If there is only have one sibling being PR/Citizen, the documents for those two items are the same?

lebovsky

Jul 1, 2017
Dear Legalfalcon, quick question.
Under Travel Documents (Multiple) -- do we have to scan past passports pages that contain stamps / arrival / departure dates as well?
If I were born in a different city/ country than my country of citizenship, do I have to scan my birth certificate (I don't see canada asking for them?)

samuelja

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hi @legalfalcon , I am currently thinking about ordering GCMS. I visited your website and am interested in ordering the "GCMS +" package. So in this package, as I can understand, it holds the entire forms/docs which I had submitted to CIC for my PR application along with the CIC processing information correct? Does it also include any information regarding CBSA?? Forgive my naivety but I had read it somewhere (forgot where it was sadly) that having information on CBSA also is essential for any future endeavors (such as Citizenship etc.).

And lastly, is CAIPS the same as GCMS? I came across a website -> https://www.caips.ca

Thanks in advance.

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
In some occasions due to work load distribution files are transferred to offices which have less workload. Also the visa offices work in synchronization. The Middle East visa offices report to the one in London, which is much bigger and UK is a partner nation with Canada, having access to all data bases.

The transfer could also be on the ground if your have lived in London.

Also see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

LVO is responsible for Middle East application, but only for Self-employed and Start-up visa only. But, to distribute work, load applications can be reassigned.
Thanks for the info. Yes I have seen the info on cic website. I think workload redistribution is the reason for sending it to London, it is written in my GCMS notes!
I think they are slow in processing applications, and since i am employed and they look after the self-employed, I think there will be further delay. Do you think it would be useful if I email London Visa Office asking about the application status? Or I will get a standard reply?

Nick89

Jan 25, 2017
Dear Legalfalcon,

I have received e-APR on June 10th, 2017. I was looking through my submitted documents and found a minor clarity issue in the passport that I had submitted with the application. It looks like some of the letters on the bio pages of passport are darker compared to the others and it slightly compromises the quality of the document. All the stamp pages are very clear. Could you please have a look at the bio page of this passport and let me know If there is any issue. Could you please let me know your email address. I could not manage to attach the pdf on the forum personnel message.

I am really worried. Kindly help me to solve this issue.

I was thinking about raising CSE but I am worried that if they are ok with the one that I had submitted then I will be creating unnecessary complications by sending CSE.

Thank You.

KC_Chopra

Jun 8, 2015
Hi Legalfalcon - I submitted my application today, however after making the payment realized that the proof of funds document I submitted does not include the affidavit from my Wife stating that I can use her money as per my wishes. She is accompanying me to canada and is part of the application.

Need your help in understanding/clarity on two items.
A) Since I have missed on adding it to the attachment is there a problem and if yes can I resend this attachment to them this time with the affidavit.
B) is the affidavit required

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards
KC

capsingh

May 13, 2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I have a query. I got my ITA in May and I am in the process of collecting and uploading documents. My passport expiry was in 2021, but it did not have my spouse details and my updated address. During the PCC process, the police officer at PSK advised me to get my existing passport updated to prevent visa rejection. I have my PCC now for my existing passport, but I applied for new passport with updated details and I will get my new passport in a weeks time. I am just a bit worried that because the new passport will have a different number from what I have in my PCC, my application could be rejected.
For now, I am thinking that I will add a letter of explanation along with my submissions explaining this. Or, i might have the PCC done again when i get the new passport delivered. This will be cumbersome and I might miss my deadline. A friend has suggested rejecting the ITA and making a new profile with the new passport number, and waiting for another ITA. Has anyone else faced this? Please let me know.

Fadl

Oct 4, 2015
Dear Legalfalcon,

Requesting your advice on the following matter:

My AOR is 8 April 2017, Medical passed and IP1 on 9 June 2017, NA since 14 June 2017.

For proof of fund I have shown fixed deposits, savings certificates and bank balances in my two accounts i.e. salary and savings accounts maintained with two different banks. The total balance of my fixed deposits covers more than the required fund.

Now my query is, I want to transfer all of the balance on my salary account to my savings account. If I execute this transfer, will this affect my application in anyway?

Highly appreciate your guidance.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon, can I ask a question regarding on the "proof of family member status" and "proof of pr/citizenship of sibliing" in the checklist item.

After the ITA in express entry, what is the difference between supporting document of "proof of family member status" and "proof of pr/citizenship of sibling"?

If there is only have one sibling being PR/Citizen, the documents for those two items are the same?

The proof will be pretty much the same. For the family member you will have to show how the family member is related to you. If he is your uncle, or aunt, you will have to show their birth certificate with the birth certificate or passport of your parents with the same parents. The same with your sibling.

If the sibling is the PR or citizen, you will need to show their passport/birth certificate and your passport / birth certificate and the sibling's PR card / citizenship proof.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon, quick question.
Under Travel Documents (Multiple) -- do we have to scan past passports pages that contain stamps / arrival / departure dates as well?
If I were born in a different city/ country than my country of citizenship, do I have to scan my birth certificate (I don't see canada asking for them?)
If you have a travel history, then you may later be asked for it as some applicants are asked about the proof of travel. So it is better to upload the stamps/visas from your old passport. However, make sure that when you do, you mark the old and the new separately.

There is no need for a birth certificate unless asked specifically. As your Passport already contains that information.

Reactions: lebovsky

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , I am currently thinking about ordering GCMS. I visited your website and am interested in ordering the "GCMS +" package. So in this package, as I can understand, it holds the entire forms/docs which I had submitted to CIC for my PR application along with the CIC processing information correct? Does it also include any information regarding CBSA?? Forgive my naivety but I had read it somewhere (forgot where it was sadly) that having information on CBSA also is essential for any future endeavors (such as Citizenship etc.).

And lastly, is CAIPS the same as GCMS? I came across a website -> https://www.caips.ca

Thanks in advance.
The GCMS + gets you the GCMS notes and the copy of the document your submitted (which were scanned). For the CBSA notes, you will only have them if you ever were in contact with CBSA, if you were denied entry in Canada, or refused from the port of entry. This is when the CBSA officer will enter notes of the interview and make his comments, similar to the notes you see in the GCMS.

However, if your interaction at the post of entry or border was only getting your passport and COPR stamped, then there is no need for CBSA as there will be only one entry, which will be allowing you in. If you do need CBSA, you will have to ask GET GCMS team for it and then they will guide you through the process.

CAPIS was the old system used by IRCC, which was phased off long time ago.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the info. Yes I have seen the info on cic website. I think workload redistribution is the reason for sending it to London, it is written in my GCMS notes!
I think they are slow in processing applications, and since i am employed and they look after the self-employed, I think there will be further delay. Do you think it would be useful if I email London Visa Office asking about the application status? Or I will get a standard reply?
Most likely you will get a standard reply. The GCMS notes would be more helpful.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon - I submitted my application today, however after making the payment realized that the proof of funds document I submitted does not include the affidavit from my Wife stating that I can use her money as per my wishes. She is accompanying me to canada and is part of the application.

Need your help in understanding/clarity on two items.
A) Since I have missed on adding it to the attachment is there a problem and if yes can I resend this attachment to them this time with the affidavit.
B) is the affidavit required

Thank you for your help in advance.

Regards
KC
If your spouse is accompanying, there is no need for an affidavit from her. You can show the PoF from her account and yours. If you want to send the affidavit you can do that by a CSE <https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx>.

It will not hurt your application at all.