Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Legalfalcon, wanna say that I am very grateful for your help. I was worrying myself over this.

So far the documents I have are: HR letter (with summary of my duties), 1 month pay slip from back in 2010 (lost the rest), 2 recommendation letters from my superiors when I left, and (possibly) bank statements from back in 2010. Are these enough? Unfortunately, I have lost my joining letter...

As mentioned, I intend also to get an ex-colleague to write a more detailed list of my job duties. If he can do it on company letterhead, is it still necessary to get it notarised?
It is better if it is notarized as its give authenticity. However, if he is writing it on the company letter head, notarization is not required.

My HR has indicated in the letter that my promotion from assistant to executive (this is the NOC I'm claiming points for, not the assistant one) was in March 2010. He's only stated the month and not the exact date, as he cannot trace it anymore. Is this OK? I would be happy to clarify in LOE...
This is fine. As long as the letters have job duties, can be identified who is writing it, has the contact details, you are good.

Reactions: xlw000

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Dear LegalFalcon

Thank you again for your guidance so far. I have prepared my documentation as per the suggestion given by you to me and other applicants in this thread. Can you please have a glimpse and see if the documents are in order and I am good for the payment.
Little background - I am from India, working in an MNC. My company doesn't provide the Proof of Employment in the CIC format so submitting alternative documents for that section. Also my father is giving me 500,000 INR as a gift fund so submitting documenting for those accordingly.

Please review the below documents and kindly suggest if anything is missing:

1. Travel Document:
a. First & Last page scan of the passport as no travel history
b. Simple colored scans. No notarization.

2. Proof of Medical Exam:
a. The scan of the medical report given by the doctor conducting the exam.

3. Proof of Education:
a. Scan of my degree
b. Scan of the WES Canadian Equivalence Certificate
c. Scan of IELTS report score
d. Simple colored scans. No notarization.

4. Proof of Employment:
a. Scan of employment letter
b. Scan of Promotion Letter
c. Scan of employment proof on official letter head (Not in the CIC prescribed format)
d. Scan of official badge & visiting card
e. Scan of last 3 official salary slips
f. Scan of HR email denying providing the employment proof in CIC prescribed format
g. Scan of Notarized copy of employment proof (In CIC prescribed format) signed by my Manager
h. Scan of official badge & visiting card of my Manager.
i. All documents except the CIC format employment proof non-notarized.

5. Police Clearance Certificate:
a. Scan of the police clearance certificate given by the local police deptt.

6. Proof of Means of Financial Support:
a. Scan of balance certificate from my bank, having details as per the CIC required informations.
b. Scan of 6 month statement stamped by my bank.
c. Scan of the check which my father gave me as gift deed to support the needed funds.
d. Scan of the notarized gift deed from my dad to me
e. Scan of the notarized Affidavit of the gift deed (Not sure if this is needed or not - Seniors pls guide)
f. Scan of the 6 months salary slips (reflected in the 6 months bank statement as well)

7. Digital Photo
a. Simple 50mm x 70mm (140kb) digital photo clicked from a professional.

Looking forward for your guidance as always.

PS. Also please suggest, do I need to take colored prints and scan of the document that are already in digital state?
For instance, the employment proof from my company and salary slips are already in the digital format (PDF) shared from my company.
Do I need to color scan these digital document and then scan them in order to upload or simply clubbing them in my existing PDF will suffice?

Thank you in advance :)

Reactions: sandra02

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Dear LegalFalcon
3. Proof of Education:

7. Digital Photo

PS. Also please suggest, do I need to take colored prints and scan of the document that are already in digital state?
For instance, the employment proof from my company and salary slips are already in the digital format (PDF) shared from my company.
Do I need to color scan these digital document and then scan them in order to upload or simply clubbing them in my existing PDF will suffice?

3. Add scans of both degree and certificate - the same you sent to WES.
6. Not sure if you need to add your father's bank statement too here

>If you already have digital copies, you do not need to print and scan them.
>Create a single pdf for each section and upload. Always use an order which makes it easier for the case officer. In case you have any explanation to do, add a LOE.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear LegalFalcon

Thank you again for your guidance so far. I have prepared my documentation as per the suggestion given by you to me and other applicants in this thread. Can you please have a glimpse and see if the documents are in order and I am good for the payment.
Little background - I am from India, working in an MNC. My company doesn't provide the Proof of Employment in the CIC format so submitting alternative documents for that section. Also my father is giving me 500,000 INR as a gift fund so submitting documenting for those accordingly.

Please review the below documents and kindly suggest if anything is missing:

1. Travel Document:
a. First & Last page scan of the passport as no travel history
c. Scans of all pages that have any arrival or departure stamps or visas.

2. Proof of Medical Exam:
a. The scan of the medical report given by the doctor conducting the exam. (You only need the upfront receipt. )

3. Proof of Education:
a. Scan of my degree
b. Scan of the WES Canadian Equivalence Certificate
c. Scan of IELTS report score
d. Simple colored scans. No notarization.

4. Proof of Employment:
a. Scan of employment letter
b. Scan of Promotion Letter
c. Scan of employment proof on official letter head (Not in the CIC prescribed format)
d. Scan of official badge & visiting card
e. Scan of last 3 official salary slips
f. Scan of HR email denying providing the employment proof in CIC prescribed format
g. Scan of Notarized copy of employment proof (In CIC prescribed format) signed by my Manager (Can you get a similar letter from another colleague with job duties and notarized. It is greatly help your case. )
h. Scan of official badge & visiting card of my Manager.
i. All documents except the CIC format employment proof non-notarized.

5. Police Clearance Certificate: (Your PCC should be from the PSK.)
a. Scan of the police clearance certificate given by the local police deptt.

a. Scan of balance certificate from my bank, having details as per the CIC required informations.
b. Scan of 6 month statement stamped by my bank.
c. Scan of the check which my father gave me as gift deed to support the needed funds.
d. Scan of the notarized gift deed from my dad to me
e. Scan of the notarized Affidavit of the gift deed (Not sure if this is needed or not - Seniors pls guide)
f. Scan of the 6 months salary slips (reflected in the 6 months bank statement as well)

7. Digital Photo

PS. Also please suggest, do I need to take colored prints and scan of the document that are already in digital state? No, if they are in digital format, they are fine.
No need to re-scan them, they are fine, just attach them.

Also see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
My AOR is May 9, 2017
My Medical got passed on June 25, 2017 at which date the BGC was reflecting as "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check".
I checked my account today on July 1, 2017 and in BGC it was mentioned "Not applicable".
Does this indicate any update? I haven't received any email.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Thank you so much for the inline comments and the link.

For passport, since I don't have any travel history so there aren't any pages with departure/arrival stamps.
I will definitely try to get one more similar letter from one of my colleague as the employment proof.
Yes, I have applied the PCC from PSK but it eventually goes to the police deptt and then comes back.
Thank you also on the advise not to scan the digital document.

I shall work on the documents as suggested by you and then proceed.
Thank you again!

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
@legalfalcon - at what stage are the statutory questions reviewed by CIC? Eligibility / criminality / security check?

The reason I am asking this is I had submitted schedule A modifying the visa rejection question to yes after incorrectly answering it in the original application. I modified the answer in Schedule A upfront, submitted it through a CSE and called an agent to check if it has been attached to the application or not. She confirmed that it has been attached and my medical, criminality and eligibility have passed and security yet to be started. I am yet to get my gcms notes, however based on your analysis of millions of gcms notes , do you think it has already been reviewed / viewed or not yet?

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
@legalfalcon

Hey mate,

Hope you are doing well, could you please help me in following?,

I have Noc 0621 (Retail Trade Managers) & it has following duties according to http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=0621

Retail and wholesale trade managers perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of establishments engaged in wholesale and retail sales or of departments in such establishments
  • Manage staff and assign duties
  • Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
  • Determine merchandise and services to be sold, and implement price and credit policies
  • Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
  • Develop and implement marketing strategies
  • Plan budgets and authorize expenditures
  • Resolve customer complaints
  • Determine staffing requirements and hire or oversee hiring of staff.

In my reference letter, i have following duties:

1) Accomplishes daily operational needs by scheduling employees, assigning duties and following up on work results.

2) Manages store staff by orienting, recruiting, selecting and training employees.

3) Identifying current customer’s requirements, maintains reputation of store by resolving customer’s complaints and following up with them.

4) Maintains store staff results by counseling and training employees, appraising job results.

5) Ensure availability of merchandise stock by maintaining inventories and determining what merchandise to be ordered.

6) Operating store in clean and safe environment.

7) Accurately filling in Cigarette and Milk survey to determine effect of local competitors on sales.

8) Achieving results as needed to contribute to team efforts for maintaining the store.

Please would you go over them and please let me know, if my reference letter is good to go?

Regards

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - at what stage are the statutory questions reviewed by CIC? Eligibility / criminality / security check?

The reason I am asking this is I had submitted schedule A modifying the visa rejection question to yes after incorrectly answering it in the original application. I modified the answer in Schedule A upfront, submitted it through a CSE and called an agent to check if it has been attached to the application or not. She confirmed that it has been attached and my medical, criminality and eligibility have passed and security yet to be started. I am yet to get my gcms notes, however based on your analysis of millions of gcms notes , do you think it has already been reviewed / viewed or not yet?
The statutory questions are reviewed at criminality and then again during the BGC. Based on your answers, the BGC is done. If your application has not started BGC you are all good.

Reactions: mdeep83

QWER753

Sep 7, 2016
Your permanent residency status starts when you land after your application is approved. The PR card is merely a proof of PR.
Many thanks for your reply! so am I right that my PR was approved in September 2016 and I landed in November 2016, so my PR status starts from November 2016?

comfortablynumb

Feb 23, 2017
Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
Hi Legalfalcon,
My AOR is May 9, 2017
My Medical got passed on June 25, 2017 at which date the BGC was reflecting as "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check".
I checked my account today on July 1, 2017 and in BGC it was mentioned "Not applicable".
Does this indicate any update? I haven't received any email.

Your IP1 is gone. You are in NA phase.

Did you pay RPRF upfront?? If not, you will soon receive the request.