+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Karan22

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
  1. Hello

This is a very urgent and important question, please read carefully and help.

I am applying for Canada PR under FSW, got my ITA, few days left to expire, so currently filing my file. A huge error and contradiction has just come up.

I had applied for Canadian Study Visa in August 2015, I got my Visa went to Canada but came back in October 2015 due to family reasons. Then I applied now for Express Entry and got my ITA.

My job experience details are as- I worked from 1st August 2014 to 5th August 2015 in a company and then again re-joined the same company in November 2015 and left the job on 1st September 2016. I am currently doing Ph.D.

The anomaly that happened is that I also attached my work Experience with my study visa file, and in that document though I was currently working, my HR has mentioned my Job Period as 1st August 2014 to 30th April 2015, 30th April 2015 was the date I obtained my Reference letter from HR in order to mail it to the University I applied. I just took the document and sent it, did not check it for such errors that it had not clearly mentioned me as currently working and made it look like that i worked till 30th April only, though it is nowhere mentioned that I was relived of my services in that letter. Where as in my relieving letter and Experience letter issued by the CEO my dates of employment are clearly mentioned as 1st august 2014 to 5th August 2015. But as I needed some document before hand to send it to the University I asked HR to issue one. I while applying Visa also attached the very same, as company doesn’t issues documents again and again. Never thought this would cause such a huge problem.

Later the consultant from whom I filed my study visa, filled the details of my work, according to the same document in personal history form for study visa.

I discovered this error while uploading my documents yesterday, as I had taken out my old student visa file to check if I needed to fill anything from there in my PR file.

I am not attaching that document now with my file as it is not needed. But I am worried that CIC might check my old file and might consider it contradictory. What should I do to make this right?

Now, I do have the reliving letter from the company clearly stating that I left my job on 5th August 2015, I have the references also, salary slips also and I am also attaching the business card of my CEO with all other experience documents.

My question is that-

1. Will CIC check old study visa file forms and documents for sure?

2. Will they consider this as contradictory information and reject my file straightway?
    Or call my company to clarify?
    3. Should I attach any explanation before hand from me or from the company regarding HR’s error? Or apply normally with all documents and let it be on CIC to decide.

My consultant has advised me to attach all documents normally without mentioning anything about the old document, as he is saying that maybe CIC won’t look much into it and I will highlight the issue unnecessarily.

I have put my entire life into this, been waiting 5 years, don’t want to lose this because of this mistake. Please help and advise.

2. I have seen real helpful messages from you for very complicated problems here, please help. It's urgent.

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
  1. Hello

I am applying for Canada PR under FSW, got my ITA, few days left to expire, so currently filing my file. A huge error and contradiction has just come up.

I had applied for Canadian Study Visa in August 2015, I got my Visa went to Canada but came back in October 2015 due to family reasons. Then I applied now for Express Entry and got my ITA.

My job experience details are as- I worked from 1st August 2014 to 5th August 2015 in a company and then again re-joined the same company in November 2015 and left the job on 1st September 2016. I am currently doing Ph.D.

The anomaly that happened is that I also attached my work Experience with my study visa file, and in that document though I was currently working, my HR has mentioned my Job Period as 1st August 2014 to 30th April 2015, 30th April 2015 was the date I obtained my Reference letter from HR in order to mail it to the University I applied. I just took the document and sent it, did not check it for such errors that it had not clearly mentioned me as currently working and made it look like that i worked till 30th April only, though it is nowhere mentioned that I was relived of my services in that letter. Where as in my relieving letter and Experience letter issued by the CEO my dates of employment are clearly mentioned as 1st august 2014 to 5th August 2015. But as I needed some document before hand to send it to the University I asked HR to issue one. I while applying Visa also attached the very same, as company doesn’t issues documents again and again. Never thought this would cause such a huge problem.

Later the consultant from whom I filed my study visa, filled the details of my work, according to the same document in personal history form for study visa.

I discovered this error while uploading my documents yesterday, as I had taken out my old student visa file to check if I needed to fill anything from there in my PR file.

I am not attaching that document now with my file as it is not needed. But I am worried that CIC might check my old file and might consider it contradictory. What should I do to make this right?

Now, I do have the reliving letter from the company clearly stating that I left my job on 5th August 2015, I have the references also, salary slips also and I am also attaching the business card of my CEO with all other experience documents.

My question is that-

1. Will CIC check old study visa file forms and documents for sure?

2. Will they consider this as contradictory information and reject my file straightway?
    Or call my company to clarify?
    3. Should I attach any explanation before hand from me or from the company regarding HR’s error? Or apply normally with all documents and let it be on CIC to decide.

My consultant has advised me to attach all documents normally without mentioning anything about the old document, as he is saying that maybe CIC won’t look much into it and I will highlight the issue unnecessarily.

I have put my entire life into this, been waiting 5 years, don’t want to lose this because of this mistake. Please help and advise.

2. I have seen real helpful messages from you for very complicated problems here, please help. It's urgent.
I dont really think they would look at old files!... normally many ppl would apply for the first time to IRCC.. maybe senior members can also confirm...

Reactions: Karan22

Karan22

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
I dont really think they would look at old files!... normally many ppl would apply for the first time to IRCC.. maybe senior members can also confirm...
Thank you so much for your reply, I really hope they don't.
Actually they ask in the form after ITA regarding any Travel history or visa applications to any country, there I will mention that i had applied for study visa to Canada in 2015, so will they check my old file the or not?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
  1. Hello

My question is that-

2. Will CIC check old study visa file forms and documents for sure?
IRCC will not go this minute details. Nothing to worry.

1. 2. Will they consider this as contradictory information and reject my file straightway?
NO
  1. Or call my company to clarify?
No need for clarification. The ICC will verify your past immigration status, i.e. your student visa and not your work details. So do not be too concerned about it.

1. My consultant has advised me to attach all documents normally without mentioning anything about the old document, as he is saying that maybe CIC won’t look much into it and I will highlight the issue unnecessarily.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@prerak Answer your question here:

There is no need to mention trips that lasted for a few hours in your personal or travel history. IRCC only wants to find where all you have travelled and if you have accounted for your travel to US, tripe which were a few days, that is sufficient.

Reactions: Scorpman21

Karan22

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Thank you very much, it is reliving.
My only doubt is that as i have already submitted a document then regarding work experience ,the tone of which makes it seem that my job ended on 30th April 2015 (though no where it is mentioned that I am relived of my services, its only written in past tense and not as currently working), where as now I will be submitting my reliving certificate with the actual dat i.e 5th august 2015.
In case they decide to preview my old documents, will they find it contradictory? Or as you are saying it is very rare for them to check such things.

Actually i am sorry i am asking again, was just worried as someone else has advised me that they do check, so just double confirming from your expert self.
Below is another reply to this post which has me worried-

"IRCC is planning to give you a new identity and a new home place forever, where who knows you will be a president, or mayor, or intelligence officer, do you think they will ignore! No you can not risk it !

-- If you don't have the good explanation and if they checked this you are not going to Canada !

-- You will have to get new HR letters explaining the date of your relief. You will also attach the older letter, and explain them that you have been given a visa in past based on the old letter. You could write that when you carefully looked at the letter, the tone of the letter seems like I have resigned by that date which is not true. Your employment continued with the same employer until the date xx-xx-xxxx, so you wanted to correct the impression and thus a new letter from HR is attached.

They need to mark this correct information as an important point, so in case they are going to cross check documents, they will have explanation of what has been done in past ! A great LoE to make matters easily understandable is the key for you. With this information you are not misrepresenting yourself at all !"

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@MANI09 Answering your questions here since they are general in nature and will benefit other applicants. Only send PMs for personal information sharing which cannot be shared on public threads.

1) Do I need to have more funds that minimum LOC even before submitting EE profile?
"My father will be transferring some funds in my CAD account which will be later on justified by a gift deed." So is it better to transfer that money first and then start the EE procedure?

You only need to show the minimum, if you have more, that does not hurt, but not required. IF you are getting funds via gift deed, the earlier the better as it would help you show a balance in your bank account.

2) My official period of study was 2 years Masters from Canada but I did my Masters defense in Nov 2016 and came to Pakistan in Dec 2016. But my official graduation date as per written on my degree is Feb 2017 but at that time I was in Pakistan.

So In EE profile should I put my degree duration from Jan 2015 - Dec 2016 OR Jan 2015 - Feb 2016 (Official) ? Even my study permit was till March 2017 (i.e. more than two years).

I am afraid that the time will not overlap in later stages of EE while filling out work history and personal history.

You should mention Jan 2015 - Feb 2016 (Official), Feb 2016 is when you finished your education and graduated.

3) EE profile states "Date when you first became qualified to practice in this occupation?
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description.
(Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
"

My NOC is 2144 Geological Engineer
My Bachelors Graduation : 2013
Then One year work experience : 2013-2014 as geological engineer in Pakistan
My Masters Graduation : 2017

So in my case date when I first became qualified would be : 2013 ?

Should I base this date on my Bachelor degree graduation which I am not showing for EE as I have a Masters Canadian Degree? In my opinion it should be 2013. My work experience will justify this date.

For NOC 2144 the minimum requirement is "[a] bachelor's degree in geological engineering or in a related discipline is required." Your answer would be 2013 as that is when you graduated with a Bachelors in Geological Engineer. You can attach the bachelor degree with your ECA and also write a LoE explaining the same.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you very much, it is reliving.
My only doubt is that as i have already submitted a document then regarding work experience ,the tone of which makes it seem that my job ended on 30th April 2015 (though no where it is mentioned that I am relived of my services, its only written in past tense and not as currently working), where as now I will be submitting my reliving certificate with the actual dat i.e 5th august 2015.
In case they decide to preview my old documents, will they find it contradictory? Or as you are saying it is very rare for them to check such things.

Actually i am sorry i am asking again, was just worried as someone else has advised me that they do check, so just double confirming from your expert self.
Below is another reply to this post which has me worried-

"IRCC is planning to give you a new identity and a new home place forever, where who knows you will be a president, or mayor, or intelligence officer, do you think they will ignore! No you can not risk it !

-- If you don't have the good explanation and if they checked this you are not going to Canada !

-- You will have to get new HR letters explaining the date of your relief. You will also attach the older letter, and explain them that you have been given a visa in past based on the old letter. You could write that when you carefully looked at the letter, the tone of the letter seems like I have resigned by that date which is not true. Your employment continued with the same employer until the date xx-xx-xxxx, so you wanted to correct the impression and thus a new letter from HR is attached.

They need to mark this correct information as an important point, so in case they are going to cross check documents, they will have explanation of what has been done in past ! A great LoE to make matters easily understandable is the key for you. With this information you are not misrepresenting yourself at all !"

I am not sure who is giving these answers and creating a paranoia. Some information floating on the forums is a bunch of baloney and without any legal or procedural knowledge. Here is what happens with your application:

IRCC is not interested in your relieving letter or your joining letter. All they care about is if you have enough work experience that you have claimed and if that is true you will be given points for it. Further, they will verify that the job your have done matches the NOC job duties you claim through your reference letter. a Few months here and there does not matter.

IRCC is planning to give you a new identity and a new home place forever, where who knows you will be a president, or mayor, or intelligence officer, do you think they will ignore! No you can not risk it !

This is hilarious and absurd. IRCC is not giving your a new identity. You will continue to be on the passport you currently hold. Neither they will give you a new place to live. Canada has a law, like any other country which allows foreign nationals to immigrate and stay indefinitely in Canada. If you meet the law, that is all. This over dramatic statement or new identity and new home is nothing more than fiction. Also, Canada does not have a President.

IRCC does conduct BGC to verify that you are not a threat to national security, that you don't have connections with organizations that are banned. That is all.

In some cases, IRCC will call employers to verify work experience and even ensure that the applicant is actually employed. This is to deter fraud. I can only answer your questions, not convince you. If you still feel you need to send a LoE, by all means do it, it will make your application look more suspicious and raise red flags. Even if IRCC wants to verify the discrepancy, you can address it when asked.

I would have recommended you to send a LoE addressing this issue, if there would have been a gap of one year, or different information in your previous letter and what you are claiming now.

Last edited:

Karan22

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
I am not sure who is giving these answers and creating a paranoia. Some information floating on the forums is a bunch of baloney and without any legal or procedural knowledge. Here is what happens with your application:

IRCC is not interested in your relieving letter or your joining letter. All they care about is if you have enough work experience that you have claimed and if that is true you will be given points for it. Further, they will verify that the job your have done matches the NOC job duties you claim through your reference letter. a Few months here and there does not matter.

IRCC is planning to give you a new identity and a new home place forever, where who knows you will be a president, or mayor, or intelligence officer, do you think they will ignore! No you can not risk it !

This is hilarious and absurd. IRCC is not giving your a new identity. You will continue to be on the passport you currently hold. Neither they will give you a new place to live. Canada has a law, like any other country which allows foreign nationals to immigrate and stay indefinitely in Canada. If you meet the law, that is all. This over dramatic statement or new identity and new home is nothing more than fiction. Also, Canada does not have a President.

IRCC does conduct BGC to verify that you are not a threat to national security, that you don't have connections with organizations that are banned. That is all.

In some cases, IRCC will call employers to verify work experience and even ensure that the applicant is actually employed. This is to deter fraud. I can only answer your questions, not convince you. If you still feel you need to send a LoE, by all means do it, it will make your application look more suspicious and raise red flags. Even if IRCC wants to verify the discrepancy, you can address it when asked.

I would have recommended you to send a LoE addressing this issue, if there would have been a gap of one year, or different information in your previous letter and what you are claiming now.

Thank you so much, you have been the most helpful EVER. God bless you loads, true blessings from my heart to you.
I will exactly do as your advice, will bother you if I need any further guidance.
Loadz of respect and thanks to your kind self.

P.S- Besides help I also had a hearty laugh at your witty response regarding new identity. Bless you:)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much, you have been the most helpful EVER. God bless you loads, true blessings from my heart to you.
I will exactly do as your advice, will bother you if I need any further guidance.
Loadz of respect and thanks to your kind self.

P.S- Besides help I also had a hearty laugh at your witty response regarding new identity. Bless you:)

You are most welcome. This forum is an awesome place to get help and learn from others. I don't claim to be an expert at immigration, there are many issues I may not be aware of. When I don't know, I simply say so and defer it to someone, or I will go and read the case law and the regulations.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Hi, please let me know if i need to raise CSE for any of the following:
- Yearly change in annual compensation - i can give the appraisal letter
- We had apllied for Work permit which has been granted.
Regards

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

Need your expert guidance on POF;

I am ready with all docs to file for my PR after receiving the ITA. For POF, I am attaching my Saving(salary) Account Statement from 1.1.17 to till date ( say about 5 months), along with Bank Balance Certificate which mentions the account number with account opening date along with Combined Balance of Savings & FD's in INR & CND. I am also attaching FD receipts & Mutual Fund statements just to be on the safer side. Would it be sufficient to provide 5 months statements or is 6Months statement mandatory for all?

MANI09

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@MANI09 Answering your questions here since they are general in nature and will benefit other applicants. Only send PMs for personal information sharing which cannot be shared on public threads.

1) Do I need to have more funds that minimum LOC even before submitting EE profile?
"My father will be transferring some funds in my CAD account which will be later on justified by a gift deed." So is it better to transfer that money first and then start the EE procedure?

You only need to show the minimum, if you have more, that does not hurt, but not required. IF you are getting funds via gift deed, the earlier the better as it would help you show a balance in your bank account.

2) My official period of study was 2 years Masters from Canada but I did my Masters defense in Nov 2016 and came to Pakistan in Dec 2016. But my official graduation date as per written on my degree is Feb 2017 but at that time I was in Pakistan.

So In EE profile should I put my degree duration from Jan 2015 - Dec 2016 OR Jan 2015 - Feb 2016 (Official) ? Even my study permit was till March 2017 (i.e. more than two years).

I am afraid that the time will not overlap in later stages of EE while filling out work history and personal history.

You should mention Jan 2015 - Feb 2016 (Official), Feb 2016 is when you finished your education and graduated.

3) EE profile states "Date when you first became qualified to practice in this occupation?
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description.
(Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
"

My NOC is 2144 Geological Engineer
My Bachelors Graduation : 2013
Then One year work experience : 2013-2014 as geological engineer in Pakistan
My Masters Graduation : 2017

So in my case date when I first became qualified would be : 2013 ?

Should I base this date on my Bachelor degree graduation which I am not showing for EE as I have a Masters Canadian Degree? In my opinion it should be 2013. My work experience will justify this date.

For NOC 2144 the minimum requirement is "[a] bachelor's degree in geological engineering or in a related discipline is required." Your answer would be 2013 as that is when you graduated with a Bachelors in Geological Engineer. You can attach the bachelor degree with your ECA and also write a LoE explaining the same.
Thank you for your help.
For question 3 : I already have a Canadian Master degree and I am securing points for that. For this I don't need an ECA. So do I still need to upload my Bachelor degree and its ECA for justifying my graduation date? What if i put this date as first day of my work experience as it will be justified by my employment records?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, please let me know if i need to raise CSE for any of the following:
- Yearly change in annual compensation - i can give the appraisal letter
- We had apllied for Work permit which has been granted.
Regards

If you have already filed the eAPR your details are locked and you do not need to provide any documentation of change in your salary or promotion. It is irrelevant as anything that happens after the lock-in-date does not matter. The same with the Work Permit, you do not have to provide IRCC with any document as they already know of that, since BOWP is linked to your PR application.

The only change you have to inform IRCC of is change of address and change in family composition.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

Need your expert guidance on POF;

I am ready with all docs to file for my PR after receiving the ITA. For POF, I am attaching my Saving(salary) Account Statement from 1.1.17 to till date ( say about 5 months), along with Bank Balance Certificate which mentions the account number with account opening date along with Combined Balance of Savings & FD's in INR & CND. I am also attaching FD receipts & Mutual Fund statements just to be on the safer side. Would it be sufficient to provide 5 months statements or is 6Months statement mandatory for all?

IRCC needs the following:
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

You will need to cover the above. It specifically states six month, and that is what it means. As long as you comply with the requirements above, you are good.

Reactions: Scorpman21