17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your help.
For question 3 : I already have a Canadian Master degree and I am securing points for that. For this I don't need an ECA. So do I still need to upload my Bachelor degree and its ECA for justifying my graduation date? What if i put this date as first day of my work experience as it will be justified by my employment records?
Uploading your bachelors degree is not required, but since you are claiming that you were qualified to practice as an engineer upon the completion of the bachelors, it is advisable to upload it so that the graduation date can be ascertained.

If you read your NOC education requirement, it states a bachelors. Even though you do not have to upload, if you do and write a LoE for this, this will make sense and IRCC will not have any doubts.

Reactions: MANI09

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
Hi @legalfalcon - Needed your inputs. I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is 3/8, my meds passed on 2/27, and since 3/28...background check is in progress (never changed to NA). I called CIC to check if the FBI PCC I submitted through a CSE has been attached to the application or not. The agent on the phone confirmed the attached and said (her exact words) - "Your background check is in progress. Everything on the application looks fine. Everything thing is normal. We are waiting to hear back from the police. Nothing to worry, everything looks normal."

Given this, can I assume that only security check is pending on my application? Or has the section 16(s) (I am not sure of the exact term, the one in which it takes longer for a file to be processed) been triggered since she mentioned police? Is the only way to know this is through ordering GCMS notes? Or can I read anything into what the agent mentioned?

Additionally, I had applied for BOWP which was approved on 4/24, 4 days after I submitted my FBI PCC. Your thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon - Needed your inputs. I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is 3/8, my meds passed on 2/27, and since 3/28...background check is in progress (never changed to NA). I called CIC to check if the FBI PCC I submitted through a CSE has been attached to the application or not. The agent on the phone confirmed the attached and said (her exact words) - "Your background check is in progress. Everything on the application looks fine. Everything thing is normal. We are waiting to hear back from the police. Nothing to worry, everything looks normal."

Given this, can I assume that only security check is pending on my application? Or has the section 16(s) (I am not sure of the exact term, the one in which it takes longer for a file to be processed) been triggered since she mentioned police? Is the only way to know this is through ordering GCMS notes? Or can I read anything into what the agent mentioned?

Additionally, I had applied for BOWP which was approved on 4/24, 4 days after I submitted my FBI PCC. Your thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
All the BOWP needs is that your PR application meets R10, the completeness check.

So as soon as your submitted your FBI PCC, which I assume was not submitted along with your application, you were issued the BOWP.

As regards, where your application is, you should order GCMS. This is the sure shot way of knowing, everything else is just speculation. Also, not sure if your A11.2, eligibility is met? If you haven't, you should order GCMS notes which will help you understand what is going in in your application.

MANI09

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Uploading your bachelors degree is not required, but since you are claiming that you were qualified to practice as an engineer upon the completion of the bachelors, it is advisable to upload it so that the graduation date can be ascertained.

If you read your NOC education requirement, it states a bachelors. Even though you do not have to upload, if you do and write a LoE for this, this will make sense and IRCC will not have any doubts.
+1 for your answer. Thank you

So do I need to add my Bachelor degree even at the stage of submitting EE profile?

Actually I never worked on getting ECA as I was thinking that I will not be needing this in future.
Can you please guide me how to get an ECA for my Bachelors and what are the processing times?

Thanking you in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

So do I need to add my Bachelor degree even at the stage of submitting EE profile?

Actually I never worked on getting ECA as I was thinking that I will not be needing this in future.
Can you please guide me how to get an ECA for my Bachelors and what are the processing times?

Thanking you in advance
You don't need a ECA since your highest degree is a Canadian degree. All you need to upload your degree certificate for your bachelors is that will give your date of graduation.

If you do want to get ECA, you can use any of the certified agencies, one of them is https://www.wes.org/ca/

Reactions: MANI09

Faky201

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Thanks a lot for your help!
In applying for a trv last year ( spouse was the principal)
In answering the question,
Give details of your employment for the past ten years. Do not leave any gaps.if retired not working, schooling, State it.
The below is how I filled it and I got the visitor's visa leaving out school and 1 year of work experience because the form only had three lines for the information.i did not really understand the do not leave gaps and my spouse filled his the same way too.Although he had already been given a visitor's visa in d past.

Job 1:02-2014- 05 2015
Job 2:10-2012-10-2013
Job 3: 01-2012-08 2012

My question is can I claim points for the work I left out ? I already received ITA with this inclusive.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot for your help!
In applying for a trv last year ( spouse was the principal)
In answering the question,
Give details of your employment for the past ten years. Do not leave any gaps.if retired not working, schooling, State it.
The below is how I filled it and I got the visitor's visa leaving out school and 1 year of work experience because the form only had three lines for the information.i did not really understand the do not leave gaps and my spouse filled his the same way too.Although he had already been given a visitor's visa in d past.

Job 1:02-2014- 05 2015
Job 2:10-2012-10-2013
Job 3: 01-2012-08 2012

My question is can I claim points for the work I left out ? I already received ITA with this inclusive.

Yes, you can. But you should always maintain consistency in what you file for your immigration paper work. It wont be a bad idea to explain the gap in a LoE when you file you application as the gap is more than a year.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi Legalfalcon,you know my medical went to review in progress,so what do you think?Is it final review by officer.Is it comes in my background check too?I have seen so many applicants got extended in this forum and with the help of you i have sent message to IRCC for extension,so i guessed he is reviewing because of that,how much is the chance is to get extended.
Thanks in advance,
Rabin

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,you know my medical went to review in progress,so what do you think?Is it final review by officer.Is it comes in my background check too?I have seen so many applicants got extended in this forum and with the help of you i have sent message to IRCC for extension,so i guessed he is reviewing because of that,how much is the chance is to get extended.
Thanks in advance,
Rabin
I have answered your question in the past. I know this is frustrating and confusing. But giving extensions is discretionary, which depends on the officer reviewing your file and request. I cannot speculate. Lot of applicants do get extensions and I hope you do too. You have a good chance that your medical will be extended.

Have faith!

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017
If you have already filed the eAPR your details are locked and you do not need to provide any documentation of change in your salary or promotion. It is irrelevant as anything that happens after the lock-in-date does not matter. The same with the Work Permit, you do not have to provide IRCC with any document as they already know of that, since BOWP is linked to your PR application.

The only change you have to inform IRCC of is change of address and change in family composition.
Can u plz help with this question..

Does cic review work history in PR application with what was on study permit applications..

I mentioned part time before in study permit applications but I will not include it in PR application to save time and requirements as Im not claiming points for it...

I also changed the start date of employment as it changed from parttime to fulltime sometime in the middle..

Thanks so much..

Faky201

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Thank you, maybe I'll just move it to personal history because it does not affect my score.would I still be required to provide any docs if I move it to my personal history?
Yes, you can. But you should always maintain consistency in what you file for your immigration paper work. It wont be a bad idea to explain the gap in a LoE when you file you application as the gap is more than a year.

Last edited:

MANI09

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need a ECA since your highest degree is a Canadian degree. All you need to upload your degree certificate for your bachelors is that will give your date of graduation.

If you do want to get ECA, you can use any of the certified agencies, one of them is https://www.wes.org/ca/
Perfect.

1) So do I need to add Bachelor education at the time of filling my EE profile? I think I should just upload it while submitting eAPR. Is that right?

2) I have one confusion. From my learning I have found that selection of NOC depends on job duties instead of job title. Right?

I have Bachelor in Civil Engineering i.e. NOC 2131 . But being a Civil Engineer you can work in various fields of civil engineering as Geotechnical Engineer which was my title and one of the title stated under NOC 2144 i.e. Geological Engineer. So that's why I decided to go for NOC 2144 instead of 2131 as my job title and duties goes under 2144. But requirement of NOC 2144 states "Bachelor degree in Geological Engineering or related field" & both NOCs, the Civil Engineer and Geological Engineer are in the exclusion list of each other.

So If I select 2144 then can I show my Bachelor in Civil Engineering (as it is in the exclusion of 2144)?

I hope I have cleared my question,

Thank you for your help,

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Perfect.

1) So do I need to add Bachelor education at the time of filling my EE profile? I think I should just upload it while submitting eAPR. Is that right?

2) I have one confusion. From my learning I have found that selection of NOC depends on job duties instead of job title. Right?

I have Bachelor in Civil Engineering i.e. NOC 2131 . But being a Civil Engineer you can work in various fields of civil engineering as Geotechnical Engineer which was my title and one of the title stated under NOC 2144 i.e. Geological Engineer. So that's why I decided to go for NOC 2144 instead of 2131 as my job title and duties goes under 2144. But requirement of NOC 2144 states "Bachelor degree in Geological Engineering or related field" & both NOCs, the Civil Engineer and Geological Engineer are in the exclusion list of each other.

So If I select 2144 then can I show my Bachelor in Civil Engineering (as it is in the exclusion of 2144)?

I hope I have cleared my question,

Thank you for your help,
If am a canadian graduate and completed my degree but confer date is still in June. Would I still get the 30 points for Canadian degree?

Even If I chose "no" for the question "has X been awarded a canadian degree or certificate for the period of study?"

MANI09

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If am a canadian graduate and completed my degree but confer date is still in June. Would I still get the 30 points for Canadian degree?

Even If I chose "no" for the question "has X been awarded a canadian degree or certificate for the period of study?"
I probably have the same case. Completed my degree in Nov 2016 but official graduation date is Feb 2017. I think you should go with the official date i.e. June as you can prove that from your official degree upload. To be on safe side Its better to wait for your graduation and then apply for EE.
You will definitely get 30 points for your Canadian Degree.

Reactions: DBOR

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can u plz help with this question..

Does cic review work history in PR application with what was on study permit applications..

I mentioned part time before in study permit applications but I will not include it in PR application to save time and requirements as Im not claiming points for it...

I also changed the start date of employment as it changed from parttime to fulltime sometime in the middle..

Thanks so much..
The simple answer no. In your PR application you only mention the work experience for which you are claiming points. However, in your personal history you are expected to let them know everything and only in case of a glaring discrepancy will they ever get into comparing application from the past.

Reactions: DBOR and Scorpman21