27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Hi Legalfalcon,

Some more queries to trouble you. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I used an agent to fill in my Express entry profile but I am not using him any more.
In my work history he has mentioned my work at client (C) where I was a contractor, he has not mentioned my employer (E). I have now got experience letter from my employer(E). Can I make that change in my e-APR?

Work duration and work performed does not change.

Also he has mentioned my work history with that employer (E) from August 2011 to September 2013 but it is actually from August 2011 to August 2013. If I change in my e-APR, will it cause an issue?

My 2nd employer doesn't exist anymore and I cannot get any experience letter from them. Can I just include them in personal history section?

All my combined work history from whom I can get experience letters is more than 3 years outside Canada, this should not affect my points right?

Thanks in Advance!

Flyingoff

Mar 11, 2017
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2017
Criminality is usually done along side with eligibility. The security is the last thing to go in progress after the eligibility is met. Most filed see delays because there was no progress on them. What about your eligibility.
As per GCMS Notes been recevied which is generated on 17th May 2017,

AOR: 21st JAN 2017 - 125 Days

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Latest Updated Notes by agent is of 2017/03/01:
***AGENT REVIEW*** POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 Review Request letter for Malaysia police certificate sent via
MyCIC. All other required police certificates on application; following PC's NRT India. Criminality Decision
Pending until outstanding PC from Malaysia received.
EDUCATION DOCUMENTS ECA report verified on issuing
agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by
issuing agency as Bachelors Degree. Credential is consistent with level of education claimed by PA under EE
Eligibility. SPOUSE'S EDUCATION ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed
on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Masters Degree. Credential is
consistent with level of education claimed by SP under EE Eligibility. AGE Applicant's age reviewed and no
change from ITA toe-APR.

Notes - 2017/02/10:
REVIEW TYPE: Support Service Agent APPLICATION: E000711363 REGULATION: PNP I have reviewed this
application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and
note the following. EXPRESS ENTRY -APPLICATION SENT FOR R10 REVIEW MIN Score: 468 - ITA Score: 1005
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT APPLICATION PROMOTED: New UCI Created SPOUSE/CL APPLICATION PROMOTED:
New UCI Created DEPENDENT 1 () APPLICATION PROMOTED: New UCI Created REVIEW NOTES FOR
REPRESENTATIVE: NO Representation MEDICAL ATTACHED TO UCI: Yes CLIENT FEES: Paid APPLICANT HAS
CANADIAN DEPENDENT(S): No LANGUAGES: Principal Applicant: - English: IEL TS - Received: Met Threshold
and Verified Spouse/Common Law: - English: IEL TS - Received: Verified DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW:
POLICE CERTIFICATES EDUCATION PROOF OF FUNDS

Under History Section:
APPLICATION: 3
Field Name: Eligibility
Action: Updated
Old Value: Passed - Candidate
New Value: Not Started
Updated Date: 2017/02/10
Updated By: XXXXX
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Under Activity Type Biographic, Status: NRT, Updated Date: 2017/02/10

We recevied an additional document request for Malaysian PCC on 28th Feb 2017 and we did upload it on 10th March 2017 and its been acknowledged by call center thrice and informed us that everything is in place and application still falls under normal processing time and no further updates on assessment progress everytime we called in.

Current Status in MyCIC:
Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of Elgibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I fail to understand, why there isn't any update post 1st March, what would be possible reasons, where do you think our application stands as of now and by when can we expect PPR, is there any point of concern?

Appreciate your help!

Last edited:

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi LegalFalcon - Need your expert advice in one matter. Please guide.

I got my ITA on May 17 and just started the process of documentation.
For the rest of the documentation, I got some info from this forum and from you as well.
It's Proof of Funds that is confusing me. I am from India, working for past 10 years and currently have around 500,000 INR in my account (around 10500 CAD).
To meet the minimum funds criteria for 1 person, I need to have around 600,000 INR (12300+ CAD)

My queries are:
1. Since I am working person and if I wait till August for submitting my application, I will have around 600,000 INR in my account.
Do I still need to show any kind of funds support from my family (gift from father) in order to secure the smooth processing?
My bank statement can show that I am getting around 40,000 INR on monthly basis as my salary which will be added in my account.
Do I need to provide my company salary statement as proof of funds as well?

2. Is it possible for someone to show say $13000 CAD in their account while applying and have more than that once they travel?
Do I still need to show the source of income in this case?
From the time of applying for e-APR till the time I travel, it is very much possible that my bank account will rise upto 700,000 or more due to the regular incoming of the salary.
Do I need to justify that income while traveling or after landing?

3. I have few investments and FD on my name. This will add up additional 200,000 INR of funds & I can get them liquidize any day into my account. Can I show these investments as my PoF as well?

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Hi Legal Falcon,
Thanks for being a good helper.
My query is regarding proof of funds. I work as a contractor (scientist) with several clients through my own limited company in which I am the director and I have transferred the required funds from my company account to my personal savings account to show as POF. Here are my questions:
  • I will like to know if this could be accepted as a genuine POF? I own the company and all the money in the company account is mine as I invested all my savings in starting the company 4 years ago.
  • I am planning to attach a LOE explaining the source of the funds, a copy of my company certificate of incorporation and a document showing me as the owner of my company and a official stamped personal savings account bank statement showing the funds transferred bearing my company name in the statement.
Kindly advise if my plan is acceptable and I will be grateful if you could offer better means if possible. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legal falcon,

If I claim one year experience, and was on maternity leave 7 weeks of d time, would this be an issue?
No, maternity leave is considered as a full time employment with pay. So if you were on the rolls of your employer and were being paid, you can claim points for it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Wait, what about non-compliance with section 16(1)???

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/section-16.html

16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Either you please put the questions you are asking in perspective with the facts. I cannot go back and forth to keep a track what your question is. Also it is requested that when you ask a question, please be detailed and ask, for the convince of others who are following this thread.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
But I wanna go for a vacation.. would this work or no?
You can leave the country anytime when your application is in progress. There is no issue with it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

Some more queries to trouble you. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I used an agent to fill in my Express entry profile but I am not using him any more.
In my work history he has mentioned my work at client (C) where I was a contractor, he has not mentioned my employer (E). I have now got experience letter from my employer(E). Can I make that change in my e-APR?
Yes, you can change it post ITA and before submitting your application. You should also include a LoE stating that you incorrectly mentioned the employer as the employers client where you were working, but you were employed by the employer.

Work duration and work performed does not change.

Also he has mentioned my work history with that employer (E) from August 2011 to September 2013 but it is actually from August 2011 to August 2013. If I change in my e-APR, will it cause an issue?

Not an issue, you can change it.

My 2nd employer doesn't exist anymore and I cannot get any experience letter from them. Can I just include them in personal history section?

If you are not claiming points for it, you can remove it and add it to your work history and explain it in your LoE.

All my combined work history from whom I can get experience letters is more than 3 years outside Canada, this should not affect my points right?
Check with the CRS calculator and see. It should not, but cross checking before filing the application is always good.

Thanks in Advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
As per GCMS Notes been recevied which is generated on 17th May 2017,

AOR: 21st JAN 2017 - 125 Days

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Latest Updated Notes by agent is of 2017/03/01:
***AGENT REVIEW*** POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 Review Request letter for Malaysia police certificate sent via
MyCIC. All other required police certificates on application; following PC's NRT India. Criminality Decision
Pending until outstanding PC from Malaysia received.
EDUCATION DOCUMENTS ECA report verified on issuing
agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by
issuing agency as Bachelors Degree. Credential is consistent with level of education claimed by PA under EE
Eligibility. SPOUSE'S EDUCATION ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed
on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Masters Degree. Credential is
consistent with level of education claimed by SP under EE Eligibility. AGE Applicant's age reviewed and no
change from ITA toe-APR.

Notes - 2017/02/10:
REVIEW TYPE: Support Service Agent APPLICATION: E000711363 REGULATION: PNP I have reviewed this
application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and
note the following. EXPRESS ENTRY -APPLICATION SENT FOR R10 REVIEW MIN Score: 468 - ITA Score: 1005
PRINCIPAL APPLICANT APPLICATION PROMOTED: New UCI Created SPOUSE/CL APPLICATION PROMOTED:
New UCI Created DEPENDENT 1 () APPLICATION PROMOTED: New UCI Created REVIEW NOTES FOR
REPRESENTATIVE: NO Representation MEDICAL ATTACHED TO UCI: Yes CLIENT FEES: Paid APPLICANT HAS
CANADIAN DEPENDENT(S): No LANGUAGES: Principal Applicant: - English: IEL TS - Received: Met Threshold
and Verified Spouse/Common Law: - English: IEL TS - Received: Verified DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW:
POLICE CERTIFICATES EDUCATION PROOF OF FUNDS

Under History Section:
APPLICATION: 3
Field Name: Eligibility
Action: Updated
Old Value: Passed - Candidate
New Value: Not Started
Updated Date: 2017/02/10
Updated By: XXXXX
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Under Activity Type Biographic, Status: NRT, Updated Date: 2017/02/10

We recevied an additional document request for Malaysian PCC on 28th Feb 2017 and we did upload it on 10th March 2017 and its been acknowledged by call center thrice and informed us that everything is in place and application still falls under normal processing time and no further updates on assessment progress everytime we called in.

Current Status in MyCIC:
Application status: We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of Elgibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I fail to understand, why there isn't any update post 1st March, what would be possible reasons, where do you think our application stands as of now and by when can we expect PPR, is there any point of concern?

Appreciate your help!
There is nothing to worry about, IRCC is painfully slow on updating the documents. And since you received your GCMS notes on May 17, they must have been generated a month before. See the bottom of the GCMS notes page for the date when they were actually released.

Order another set and see if it has been updated. But this is normal and nothing to worry about.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon - Need your expert advice in one matter. Please guide.

I got my ITA on May 17 and just started the process of documentation.
For the rest of the documentation, I got some info from this forum and from you as well.
It's Proof of Funds that is confusing me. I am from India, working for past 10 years and currently have around 500,000 INR in my account (around 10500 CAD).
To meet the minimum funds criteria for 1 person, I need to have around 600,000 INR (12300+ CAD)

My queries are:
1. Since I am working person and if I wait till August for submitting my application, I will have around 600,000 INR in my account.
Do I still need to show any kind of funds support from my family (gift from father) in order to secure the smooth processing?
No, if you can save enough funds and prove that you won't be withdrawing them and they are at your disposal, as in maintain them until you land in Canada, you do not need any help or support from your family. One way of doing it is by getting fixed deposits of 6 months to 1 year duration.

My bank statement can show that I am getting around 40,000 INR on monthly basis as my salary which will be added in my account.
Do I need to provide my company salary statement as proof of funds as well?
No, but you should add a LoE and explain it and with the LoE you can attach the salary slip.

2. Is it possible for someone to show say $13000 CAD in their account while applying and have more than that once they travel?
Do I still need to show the source of income in this case?
The purpose of PoF is to ensure that when you land in Canada as a Pr you will enough funds to take care of your self and won't become a charge on the government. If you have additional funds, i.e. more than the required, there is no need for showing where they came from. Only if you decide to bring them to Canada in Cash/check/travellers check/ or a monetary instrument (over $10,000) will you be required to show the the source. If you wire transfer them, there is no need to show the source. Here source mens that you have to show that you withdrew it from your bank account and have the withdrawn slip with you.

From the time of applying for e-APR till the time I travel, it is very much possible that my bank account will rise upto 700,000 or more due to the regular incoming of the salary.
Do I need to justify that income while traveling or after landing?
No, read above.

3. I have few investments and FD on my name. This will add up additional 200,000 INR of funds & I can get them liquidize any day into my account. Can I show these investments as my PoF as well?
Absolutely, you do not need to liquidate them but you can ask your bank to write it in the statement stating that you have xx as cash and yy as FD with the bank. You can also include copies of the FD with your PoF.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal Falcon,
Thanks for being a good helper.
My query is regarding proof of funds. I work as a contractor (scientist) with several clients through my own limited company in which I am the director and I have transferred the required funds from my company account to my personal savings account to show as POF. Here are my questions:
  • I will like to know if this could be accepted as a genuine POF? I own the company and all the money in the company account is mine as I invested all my savings in starting the company 4 years ago.
Yes, as long as the funds are in your personal account and you meet the requirements of the PoF, i.e. six months balance and a statement from the financial institution.
  • I am planning to attach a LOE explaining the source of the funds, a copy of my company certificate of incorporation and a document showing me as the owner of my company and a official stamped personal savings account bank statement showing the funds transferred bearing my company name in the statement.
Although, you don't have to show the source, but this won't hurt.
Kindly advise if my plan is acceptable and I will be grateful if you could offer better means if possible. Thanks

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Thanks some much Legal Falcon. You are a shinning light and a lighthouse of hope.

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Thank you Legalfalcon!

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Thank you Legalfalcon!

I got 50 points for Foreign work experience for my EE profile. Where do I check my points in my e-APR applications?