17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sodapop123 said:
So my only issue with documents i have already acquired, assuming i get an ITA within this year, could be the the foreign country PCC where i last visited in 2015. This is my home country - India. I got the PCC on May 10th so will be 6 months old on Nov 9th.

In this case, is it advisable for me to :
A. accept ITA (when i get it) and submit my application with this PCC (even if it is slightly > 6 months old) and then wait and see if CIC asks for an update one. If they do, i can apply for a fresh one at that time (it took me roughly 25 days to get my India PCC in US) ?
OR
B. Apply for a new one right now itself and wait to receive it before accepting an ITA ?
Getting a PCC for India is not too time consuming. After you get the ITA you have 90 days to upload all your documents and file the application. Under these circumstances I would advise you that when you get the ITA, you should initiate the PCC process for India. The reason why I am advising this is because you need the PCC for the R10 (completeness check). Even if you have complied with the rules (i.e. for countries you have visited the PCC should be issued after your left the country, but I am assuming you are on an Indian passport so they may ask you for an updated PCC) and the officer wants a new PCC, it will unnecessarily delay your application.

You are correct in assuming that you can upload the PSS that you have, however weight the pros and cons. I would wait 20-30 days in uploading the application instead of uploading and furnishing the documents later.
Another alternative is to get a PCC right away in anticipation of you getting the ITS sometime this year.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
_Harry_ said:
A fellow forum member suggested this forum for a particular dilemma I am facing.

My name on passport contains my firstname middlename and lastname
My name in my certificates and degree however is firstname and middlename

I am about to start my ECA process from WES. As per the information on WES site.. I will be given ECA on my name written in my certificates.. Viz firstname and middlename

For EE profile and other immigration formalities.. I shall be using my passport Name off course.
I am being suggested by forum members that I need to attach a notarized affidavit during EE stating both passport and certificates name belong to the same person. I am confused if any such formality is needed for ECA as well.

Can you please suggest what should be best course of action for smooth processing.
Is it OK to get your ECA verified for one name and EE profile created with another name and attaching the affidavit during the EE?

Facing this trouble for quite some time now.. Kindly guide.
Thank you.
WES will only issue you a report with the names that are there on your certificates. Even if you send them an affidavit, they will not issue you a report with your passport name. So you should get what they give you. When you upload your documents on the CIC website, make sure that you fill in the column where it is asked that have you been known by any other name. You should mention that you were know just by your First and middle name.

After you receive the ITA, you should upload an affidavit as advised and also an explanation letter detailing this. In the affidavit itself you can add the copies of the degrees and under oath state that the attached degree certificates were issued to you. Its not a big deal and do not stress too much about it as women you get married have a different last name on the passport and different name on all other documents.

If you comply with these little things you should be all good.

I hope this answers your question.

Jsingj67

Nov 24, 2015
Honeyaustin said:
@legalfalcon

It is really Generous of you stay back on Forum to help others....

I have a very common question for which i would love to get response from you.
My background status changed from Not Started to Not needed at this time, can you please help me understand what could be the possible reasons for that, and when does it happens
Hello i have submitted my file on 8 September i did skme mistakes in the leter of employment i uploaded my employment letter of retail supervisor and in records of employment i uploaded my other letter of employments as m working at 3 jobs . When i submitted then i saw my mistake when i open the submitted dicument they was asking the records of employment of retail supervisor and i uploaded the letter of employment frim McDonald.after that i got medical passed 3 week ago and after that nothing . Z suggest me what slould i do??? Thanks

vera0428

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi legalfalcon,

I'm a oinp human capital applicant and my profile meets both Cec and fsw. I'm wondering what category my application belongs to. On my gcms note, I saw the officer accessed my application with Cec standard. Does it mean I'm cec and there is no need for pof at landing?
On the other hand, my last notes show "eligibility passed" and "ready to finalize". Does that mean I will get ppr soon?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Jsingj67 said:
Hello i have submitted my file on 8 September i did skme mistakes in the leter of employment i uploaded my employment letter of retail supervisor and in records of employment i uploaded my other letter of employments as m working at 3 jobs . When i submitted then i saw my mistake when i open the submitted dicument they was asking the records of employment of retail supervisor and i uploaded the letter of employment frim McDonald.after that i got medical passed 3 week ago and after that nothing . Z suggest me what slould i do??? Thanks
I don't not understand your questions well. Could you please elaborate what the mistake was in detail. If you would not like to discuss it here, you can send me a PM.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
vera0428 said:
Hi legalfalcon,

I'm a oinp human capital applicant and my profile meets both Cec and fsw. I'm wondering what category my application belongs to. On my gcms note, I saw the officer accessed my application with Cec standard. Does it mean I'm cec and there is no need for pof at landing?
On the other hand, my last notes show "eligibility passed" and "ready to finalize". Does that mean I will get ppr soon?
When you applied, under what head you applied? The system evaluates you under all classes, so your GCMS notes will show that they have tested your profile under CEC and FSW, but when you get your COPR it will be mentioned under what class you received your PR. Further, did you submit PoF with your application?

The CIC website states: "Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada."

So if you were not required to furnish the PoF, then you surely are under the CEC. But to be certain, you will have to see what your CoPR says.

Hope this answers your question.

vera0428

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
When you applied, under what head you applied? The system evaluates you under all classes, so your GCMS notes will show that they have tested your profile under CEC and FSW, but when you get your COPR it will be mentioned under what class you received your PR. Further, did you submit PoF with your application?

The CIC website states: "Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada."

So if you were not required to furnish the PoF, then you surely are under the CEC. But to be certain, you will have to see what your CoPR says.

Hope this answers your question.
Thanks. I did submitted Pof for my PR just in case. I guess I will just wait for COPR and see what it says there. so for my second question, what does it mean by "ready to finalize"?

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Legalfalcon,
I applied through express entry like 20 days ago but now i want to change my job. My pnp was not depended on job so i can change it. So my question is do i have to update cic about my new job through CSE and if yes is it going to delay my process? Thanks

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
legalfalcon said:
Getting a PCC for India is not too time consuming. After you get the ITA you have 90 days to upload all your documents and file the application. Under these circumstances I would advise you that when you get the ITA, you should initiate the PCC process for India. The reason why I am advising this is because you need the PCC for the R10 (completeness check). Even if you have complied with the rules (i.e. for countries you have visited the PCC should be issued after your left the country, but I am assuming you are on an Indian passport so they may ask you for an updated PCC) and the officer wants a new PCC, it will unnecessarily delay your application.

You are correct in assuming that you can upload the PSS that you have, however weight the pros and cons. I would wait 20-30 days in uploading the application instead of uploading and furnishing the documents later.
Another alternative is to get a PCC right away in anticipation of you getting the ITS sometime this year.
So my current Pcc will be 6 months old on nov 9th, i will probably wait for one more draw ... if i get an ITA in the next 10 days, i could potentially submit my entire application with documents plus medical by nov 9th.

If not, then. I guess ill order a new one after getting an ITA.

Thanks.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi Legalfalcon and others,

I do appreciate your valuable support on this forum. I am a newbie to this forum, as I intend to apply under EE, currently ECA and IELTS in process, later will pursue online application.

I was wondering about my job experience and reference letters, details as under:

• May, 2015 -- Present: Manager R&D - IT Consultancy Company - (Paid) - can get experience/recommendation letter, when required
  • Dec, 2012 -- Jun, 2015 : PhD Research Scholar - University - During PhD, on ERASMUS Mobility (Paid by Scholarship) - have recommendation Letter from PhD Supervisor
  • Jul, 2012 -- Dec- 2012: Research Project Manager - Tech Company - (Paid) - don't have experience letter and v. difficult to get
  • Mar, 2010 -- Jun, 2012: Project Executive R&D - Tech Company - (Paid) - Have Experience letter
  • Oct, 2009 -- Mar - 2011: Research Associate - University - During MS degree (Unpaid) - have recommendation letter from MS thesis supervisor
  • Sept, 2005 -- Feb - 2006: Software Support Executive - Company - (Paid) - have experience letter

Above mentioned experience letters, may not adhere to CIC requirement, e.g. no working hours mentioned, no outlined job-descriptions, etc. It would be difficult, may be, to get new experience letters from each of employer, except current employer would be issuing as per CIC instruction, when the time will come,

- but when we need to provide experience letter from current employer? while creating EE online profile or when I receive ITA?

Need your kind advice, following are few questions pertaining to my job history:

- During EE online profile creation, which job(s) I should provide or omit?
- If I get ITA, which I should provide / omit lately in personal history section?
- University RAship can be counted as experience (paid/unpaid)?
- Can I apply under more than one NOC? I don't know which NOC, i will check, but considering my diverse experience history, I believe it would be coherent with more than one NOC.
- Do I need to provide NOC's while creating EE online profile or later?

Thanking in anticipation.
I hope not asked much.
Awaiting your kind response in detail. :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
vera0428 said:
Thanks. I did submitted Pof for my PR just in case. I guess I will just wait for COPR and see what it says there. so for my second question, what does it mean by "ready to finalize"?
"ready to finalize" means you can get your PPR any day!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
preet93 said:
Hi Legalfalcon,
I applied through express entry like 20 days ago but now i want to change my job. My pnp was not depended on job so i can change it. So my question is do i have to update cic about my new job through CSE and if yes is it going to delay my process? Thanks
I presume that you are referring to applying after receiving the ITA. When an applicant submits an e-APR to CIC, the information in their application is locked, and their CRS score at the time of their application is recorded in GCMS. So an applicant is free to change his job and need not inform CIC. However, if you change your residential address you have an obligation to inform CIC.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi Legalfalcon i am FST inland applicants,you could see my timeline in my signature,my bg check is in progress since June 30,after that i was requested to submit my PCC from one foreign country and i submitted already so when do i expect to be changed my bg not needed at this time or direct golden email?I received ghost email too one week ago.
Thanks in advance,
Rabin

lannguyen

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Schedule A 13-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
Hi legalfalcon, my Bg check changed to In progress for the second time about 10 days ago. Does it mean anything? Is PPR coming soon and I can relax a bit? I am still stressed about rejection chances. I just hit 5 month mark 2 days ago.

Thank you so much!