Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
jojee2k6 said:
Hi Legalfalcon and others,

I do appreciate your valuable support on this forum. I am a newbie to this forum, as I intend to apply under EE, currently ECA and IELTS in process, later will pursue online application.

I was wondering about my job experience and reference letters, details as under:

• May, 2015 -- Present: Manager R&D - IT Consultancy Company - (Paid) - can get experience/recommendation letter, when required
  • Dec, 2012 -- Jun, 2015 : PhD Research Scholar - University - During PhD, on ERASMUS Mobility (Paid by Scholarship) - have recommendation Letter from PhD Supervisor
  • Jul, 2012 -- Dec- 2012: Research Project Manager - Tech Company - (Paid) - don't have experience letter and v. difficult to get
  • Mar, 2010 -- Jun, 2012: Project Executive R&D - Tech Company - (Paid) - Have Experience letter
  • Oct, 2009 -- Mar - 2011: Research Associate - University - During MS degree (Unpaid) - have recommendation letter from MS thesis supervisor
  • Sept, 2005 -- Feb - 2006: Software Support Executive - Company - (Paid) - have experience letter

Above mentioned experience letters, may not adhere to CIC requirement, e.g. no working hours mentioned, no outlined job-descriptions, etc. It would be difficult, may be, to get new experience letters from each of employer, except current employer would be issuing as per CIC instruction, when the time will come,

- but when we need to provide experience letter from current employer? while creating EE online profile or when I receive ITA?

Need your kind advice, following are few questions pertaining to my job history:

- During EE online profile creation, which job(s) I should provide or omit?
- If I get ITA, which I should provide / omit lately in personal history section?
- University RAship can be counted as experience (paid/unpaid)?
- Can I apply under more than one NOC? I don't know which NOC, i will check, but considering my diverse experience history, I believe it would be coherent with more than one NOC.
- Do I need to provide NOC's while creating EE online profile or later?

Thanking in anticipation.
I hope not asked much.
Awaiting your kind response in detail. :)
You cannot add your internships while calculating your work experience for the EE <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29>

With regard to other work experience, you get a maximum of 25 points if your have 3 or more years of foreign work ex. So add those work experiences that were paid, full time or in equivalent part-time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
lannguyen said:
Hi legalfalcon, my Bg check changed to In progress for the second time about 10 days ago. Does it mean anything? Is PPR coming soon and I can relax a bit? I am still stressed about rejection chances. I just hit 5 month mark 2 days ago.

Thank you so much!
When it goes to in progress the second time it means that it has actually started which is usually the last phase of the application process. Any progress is good news and at this stage your chances of rejection are next to zero if you have a clean criminal record and have no past immigration issues.

A regular BGC takes 3-4 weeks, but varies from application to application.

Hope you get the PPR soon, you are almost there.

QWER753

Sep 7, 2016
Hi Legalfalcon

Much appreciate if you could share your insights !

I'm an FSW outland applicant and plan to make a short landing late November. I'm thinking to provide my friend's address which is in Montreal for the PR card at the Toronto port of entry ? as I will only stay there for a week then I would have to fly back to my current residence country as I haven't quit my job. I'm not sure if my friend can later post the PR card to me ? I plan to move to Canada permanently next year in April.

I would have to meet my friends in Montreal so my departure location would be Montreal so not sure if this can help explain an address in Montreal to post the PR card ?

Also, do I have to submit any supporting document for the address ?

Many thanks for your help !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
QWER753 said:
Hi Legalfalcon

Much appreciate if you could share your insights !

I'm an FSW outland applicant and plan to make a short landing late November. I'm thinking to provide my friend's address which is in Montreal for the PR card at the Toronto port of entry ? as I will only stay there for a week then I would have to fly back to my current residence country as I haven't quit my job. I'm not sure if my friend can later post the PR card to me ? I plan to move to Canada permanently next year in April.

I would have to meet my friends in Montreal so my departure location would be Montreal so not sure if this can help explain an address in Montreal to post the PR card ?

Also, do I have to submit any supporting document for the address ?

Many thanks for your help !
After you land as a FSW, you can provide an address anywhere in Canada. After you give your address just confirm with the officer that he has entered it in the system. Your friend can post the PR card when he receives it. However, make sure that he send it to you be a reliable service like DHL, FedEx or something similar. Once you are a FSW PR you can live anywhere in the country and leave the country form anywhere you want. So Montreal will not be an issue at all.

While you are in Canada just make sure that you get your SIN number.

Hope this answers your questions.

sumitahuja86

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Legalfalcon,

I just received my first set of notes, so could you my friend help me in understanding those.
Kindly suggest if I can PM you my notes for this purpose.

Will wait for your reply.

Sumit

q1234q

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Do you know what is average processing time for Express Entry with PNP? Is it generally faster as the documents already reviewed by relevant immigration or PNP office?

My Background check and Eligibility check are still in progress. Are both change in the same time or one after one?

Thanks so much for your help.

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Hello LegalFalcon,

my AOR is 26th May and received GCMS on August 1st. It shows Analyst review: job duties matched (lead statement as well as main duties), on the 3rd page Eligibility: passed, Criminality: Passed. Security: Not started. Though Analyst review has a note that REVIEW REQUIRED REGARDING ONTARIO PNP SETTLEMENT PLAN ; READY TO FINALIZE. , My BG went to in progress for the second time on 11th July, and the same day I have been requested for the settlement plan, Though I have already moved to Ontario since August 3rd.

Actually my Medicals is not passed yet, as I have submitted the last test on 22th Sept. Whats your best guess for my case? Though I am eligible for BOWP now as I am very positive for my case, do you think should I apply for it?

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sumitahuja86 said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

I just received my first set of notes, so could you my friend help me in understanding those.
Kindly suggest if I can PM you my notes for this purpose.

Will wait for your reply.

Sumit
I will be happy to read and analyze your notes. you can send me a PM and I will let you know my email id.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
q1234q said:
Do you know what is average processing time for Express Entry with PNP? Is it generally faster as the documents already reviewed by relevant immigration or PNP office?

My Background check and Eligibility check are still in progress. Are both change in the same time or one after one?

Thanks so much for your help.
It has been a trend that the PNP applications are processed faster, however there is no hard and fast rule. Some applications take longer and some less time. Making a guess would be foolishness. Any progress is a good sign.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
RockCan said:
Hello LegalFalcon,

my AOR is 26th May and received GCMS on August 1st. It shows Analyst review: job duties matched (lead statement as well as main duties), on the 3rd page Eligibility: passed, Criminality: Passed. Security: Not started. Though Analyst review has a note that REVIEW REQUIRED REGARDING ONTARIO PNP SETTLEMENT PLAN ; READY TO FINALIZE. , My BG went to in progress for the second time on 11th July, and the same day I have been requested for the settlement plan, Though I have already moved to Ontario since August 3rd.

Actually my Medicals is not passed yet, as I have submitted the last test on 22th Sept. Whats your best guess for my case? Though I am eligible for BOWP now as I am very positive for my case, do you think should I apply for it?

Thank you
With what you state, you are very close to getting the PPR. However, since i do not have your complete notes, I will not make a definite prediction.

As regards as BOWP, you have met the conditions and you should go ahead and apply just in case.

QWER753

Sep 7, 2016
legalfalcon said:
After you land as a FSW, you can provide an address anywhere in Canada. After you give your address just confirm with the officer that he has entered it in the system. Your friend can post the PR card when he receives it. However, make sure that he send it to you be a reliable service like DHL, FedEx or something similar. Once you are a FSW PR you can live anywhere in the country and leave the country form anywhere you want. So Montreal will not be an issue at all.

While you are in Canada just make sure that you get your SIN number.

Hope this answers your questions.
Hi Legalfalcon

Many thanks for your reply ! Not sure if I understand the landing process correctly that I need to provide the address at the port of entry ? if so,will an address in Montreal make officers question my intention to reside in Toronto ? I'm not a provincial nominee of Ontario but I did mention Toronto is my first choice. Can I be honest saying that's my friends' address if I was questioned ? I only plan to make a short trip like 5 days not sure if that's enough to get landing process done, the PR card to be processed and ideally open a bank account ?

Many thanks !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
QWER753 said:
Hi Legalfalcon

Many thanks for your reply ! Not sure if I understand the landing process correctly that I need to provide the address at the port of entry ? if so,will an address in Montreal make officers question my intention to reside in Toronto ?
You have to provide the address at the port of landing, or else you can update it later, but it is best to update it when you land. Since you are a FSW, giving a Montreal address is not an issue at all. As a FSW you can reside in any part of Canada, Including Quebec. I landed as a FSW and I am in Montreal.

I'm not a provincial nominee of Ontario but I did mention Toronto is my first choice. Can I be honest saying that's my friends' address if I was questioned ? I only plan to make a short trip like 5 days not sure if that's enough to get landing process done, the PR card to be processed and ideally open a bank account ?
There is nothing wrong is telling the truth. Even though your province of interest was Ontario, giving a Montreal address will not at be an issue at all. Landing process is done within minutes as soon as you land and are allowed to enter the country.

Before your open a bank account you will need a SIN. So as soon as you land you can get your SIN. It just takes a few minutes and some airports have a counter where you can get one upon landing. Only after you have your SIN you can open a bank account. You won't need a PR card for your bank account, you will only need two ID proofs, CoPR and SIN.

Many thanks !
Hope this helps!

QWER753

Sep 7, 2016
Many thanks Legalfalcon, your answer really clears my doubts ! :)

btw how do you find Montreal ? I heard very good view of that city and would love to move there but I guess opportunities are limited for non-french speaking candidates ?

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
QWER753 said:
Many thanks Legalfalcon, your answer really clears my doubts ! :)

btw how do you find Montreal ? I heard very good view of that city and would love to move there but I guess opportunities are limited for non-french speaking candidates ?

Hi Legalfalcon and seniors please advise :

I am PNP outland , got my gcms notes , saying my NOC is employer driven , as i dont have any offer letter from any employer from SK , my friend applied notes and his noc says non employer driven , why does it say employer driven in my case ? any help would be appreciated, thanks

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Hello Legal Falcon, thanks for your reply on my last post. though I have another query here,

I am inland OINP received my nomination on 15th APR, my eAPR AOR is 26th May and my PR application is still in progress though my OINP nomination is just expiring today. Do I need to ask OINP to Extend my Nomination? or it is all fine as I have already got the ITA after getting nominated?

TIA