Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
kakmam1 said:
thanks legal falcon

Got my GCMS in month of Jul... As per my gcms, eligibility and security was not started .... Because of this its taking time ?

any trend for NDVO whose eligibility is not started ?
I don't have any trends, but for NDVO there is a lot of backlog. Don't get stressed, just stay calm and relaxed.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
Hi Legal Falcon

When LMIA is filed.. All the employment checks are done.. Then what is the need to do all those again after AOR.. Bcoz the previous employment record was found to be satisfactory only then LMIA comes out to be positive.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
Checking in to follow Legalfalcon..

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Hi Legalfalcon and others,

I have a question regarding validity of documentation.
Ive been waiting for an ITA since June with a sore of 481, so some of my documents are now getting old :)

My WES evaluation received on MAy 1st.
My foreign PCC was received on May 11th.
My current residence country PCC was received on July 10th.
My Ielts results are as of May 1st.

Since draws are above 481 since May and this could potentialy continue for some time (unless we all get lucky), i would like to confirm till exactly what date each of the above 4 are valid till.

Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
er.satnamsinghbhullar said:
Hi Legal Falcon

When LMIA is filed.. All the employment checks are done.. Then what is the need to do all those again after AOR.. Bcoz the previous employment record was found to be satisfactory only then LMIA comes out to be positive.
The procedure and the standard of checks for the immigration and other visas is different. Even though you may have a LIMA before that will not preclude the CIC from conducting the checks as prescribed in the law. It boils down to two things. First, the procedure laid down by the law has to be followed and if there is a different procedure of LIMA and different for PR, they will be followed. Second, the immigration checks are way more stringent than work permit or LIMA checks. IF you read the law carefully, in LIMA CIC is concerned with the impact of a non-immigrants job on the labor market. They are not much concerned about the previous work experience. Whereas in the PR check, CIC is looking for authenticity of what you claim to be true. They don't care what kind of job you had, as long as you can verify it with documents.

Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Cofca said:
Checking in to follow Legalfalcon..
Thanks. Am I missing something here, or did you ask me and I forgot to respond or missed it. It is just to follow the thread, welcome.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sodapop123 said:

I have a question regarding validity of documentation.
Ive been waiting for an ITA since June with a sore of 481, so some of my documents are now getting old :)

My WES evaluation received on MAy 1st.
My foreign PCC was received on May 11th.
My current residence country PCC was received on July 10th.
My Ielts results are as of May 1st.

Since draws are above 481 since May and this could potentialy continue for some time (unless we all get lucky), i would like to confirm till exactly what date each of the above 4 are valid till.

Thank you.
It differs for different documents. In a nutshell here it is:

Language Assessment: must be less than two years old on the day CIC receives your complete application for permanent residence, i.e. post ITA submission.

Educational Assesment: Two years from the day when they are issued. i.e. should not be more than 2 years old when you submit your PR application post ITA.

PCC: They should not be more than 6 months old on the date they are submitted after your get the ITA. Usually you should get the PCC after you get the ITA, except in cases where it takes a long time to get them, eg. USA FBI clearance.

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
legalfalcon said:

Some corrections; unless the rules have changed

Educational Assesment: Five years from the day when they are issued i.e. should not be more than 5 years old when you submit your PR application post ITA.

PCC: They should not be more than 6 months old on the date they are submitted after your get the ITA – for the current residence.
Can be more than 6 months old for countries lived in the past; but such PCCs must be obtained on a date after leaving the countries.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Cofca said:
legalfalcon said:

Some corrections; unless the rules have changed

Educational Assesment: Five years from the day when they are issued i.e. should not be more than 5 years old when you submit your PR application post ITA.

PCC: They should not be more than 6 months old on the date they are submitted after your get the ITA – for the current residence.
Can be more than 6 months old for countries lived in the past; but such PCCs must be obtained on a date after leaving the countries.
The problem with the ECA for 5 years is that CIC keeps having cut off dates. Like ECAs before 2012 are not valid any more. So a rule of thumb is two years.

As regards countries one has lived before, you are correct, "Can be more than 6 months old for countries lived in the past; but such PCCs must be obtained on a date after leaving the countries." However, there is a catch to this rule. Many countries allow visa free travel and it becomes difficult to trace when you travelled to a country. In those circumstances even if you have a PCC, CIC will ask you for an updated one. So it is always advisable to have a PCC on file which is not more than 6 months old.

Hope this clarifies.

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know this question may have been asked many times but I m not able to find the prompt answer anywhere. So here is my question - I have stayed outside my home country for official work in two of the European countries for different periods of more than 6 mnths in the last 10 years. But I have not visited these countries in the near past nor do I intend to travel there.
In that case, shall I get the PCC from these countries as I have read somewhere that if I have never visited the country after the time period for which I have obtained the PCC, the validity of the PCC remains indefinite and not 6 months.
Please share your views.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sush80 said:
I know this question may have been asked many times but I m not able to find the prompt answer anywhere. So here is my question - I have stayed outside my home country for official work in two of the European countries for different periods of more than 6 mnths in the last 10 years. But I have not visited these countries in the near past nor do I intend to travel there.
In that case, shall I get the PCC from these countries as I have read somewhere that if I have never visited the country after the time period for which I have obtained the PCC, the validity of the PCC remains indefinite and not 6 months.
Please share your views.
CIC clearly mentions on its website at <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp> that for the PCC:

Purpose

To determine if the applicant or their family members have a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada

Document requirements

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
Some countries require that the applicant complete a consent form to initiate a police certificate. For example, an applicant seeking a police certificate from New Zealand must download and complete the Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form available on the IRCC website. The form is then uploaded (with any other police certificates the applicant may provide) as part of the e-APR. If the application is not rejected as incomplete, the processing office will assess the consent form and electronic file and initiate the police certificate.
In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

proof of having requested a police certificate for such countries; and
an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance). The applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their Invitation to Apply.

The further clarification of this is below and states:

As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependants) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for a total of six months or more, since the age of 18.

Yes, you have to furnish all PCC as part of your eAPR for countries where you lived for more than 6 months after your turned 18. This also applies to all dependents on the application.

Hope this helps!

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Appreciate your detailed reply Legalfalcon. But my doubt is Shall i get the PCC from the two countries beforehand. I have received my AOR from OINP on Aug 18th but dont know how long will it take to get the nomination and there after the ITA from CIC. So is it a wise idea to start the process of getting PCC from the two countries now itself. Or shall i wait further till i get any confirmation from OINP. Also what will be the validity of PCC of these two countries.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sush80 said:
Appreciate your detailed reply Legalfalcon. But my doubt is Shall i get the PCC from the two countries beforehand. I have received my AOR from OINP on Aug 18th but dont know how long will it take to get the nomination and there after the ITA from CIC. So is it a wise idea to start the process of getting PCC from the two countries now itself. Or shall i wait further till i get any confirmation from OINP. Also what will be the validity of PCC of these two countries.
Well it depends on which those countries are and how long it takes to get the PCC. For eg. if one needs to get a FBI PCC, its takes almost 3-4 months, so it is advisable to start early. But some countries the PCC only takes a week or 2 weeks, in that case you can wait. A detailed procedure for each country and how to obtain PCC is given on the CIC website <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp>.

Which two countries you are looking at, plan it accordingly.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
legalfalcon said:
The problem with the ECA for 5 years is that CIC keeps having cut off dates. Like ECAs before 2012 are not valid any more. So a rule of thumb is two years.

As regards countries one has lived before, you are correct, "Can be more than 6 months old for countries lived in the past; but such PCCs must be obtained on a date after leaving the countries." However, there is a catch to this rule. Many countries allow visa free travel and it becomes difficult to trace when you travelled to a country. In those circumstances even if you have a PCC, CIC will ask you for an updated one. So it is always advisable to have a PCC on file which is not more than 6 months old.

Hope this clarifies.
So my only issue with documents i have already acquired, assuming i get an ITA within this year, could be the the foreign country PCC where i last visited in 2015. This is my home country - India. I got the PCC on May 10th so will be 6 months old on Nov 9th.

In this case, is it advisable for me to :
A. accept ITA (when i get it) and submit my application with this PCC (even if it is slightly > 6 months old) and then wait and see if CIC asks for an update one. If they do, i can apply for a fresh one at that time (it took me roughly 25 days to get my India PCC in US) ?
OR
B. Apply for a new one right now itself and wait to receive it before accepting an ITA ?

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
A fellow forum member suggested this forum for a particular dilemma I am facing.

My name on passport contains my firstname middlename and lastname
My name in my certificates and degree however is firstname and middlename

I am about to start my ECA process from WES. As per the information on WES site.. I will be given ECA on my name written in my certificates.. Viz firstname and middlename

For EE profile and other immigration formalities.. I shall be using my passport Name off course.
I am being suggested by forum members that I need to attach a notarized affidavit during EE stating both passport and certificates name belong to the same person. I am confused if any such formality is needed for ECA as well.

Can you please suggest what should be best course of action for smooth processing.
Is it OK to get your ECA verified for one name and EE profile created with another name and attaching the affidavit during the EE?

Facing this trouble for quite some time now.. Kindly guide.
Thank you.