+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
@legalfalcon
What does PIU tr to PR list mean in gcms notes? Is it a cause of concern considering my background check has been ongoing since January 2023 at Edmonton VO? Can I do something for an expedited response?

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hello Legalfalcon please guide….
AOR Nov 2021.Mine is an old case almost 2 years now.
In my GCMS Notes Officer’s notes show an update—-
CSC received enquiry from (representative).After verifications ,the (representative) was associated with the (PA).NG-4886”
What does it imply? Please guide me if something needs to be done at my end.Request a prompt reply.
All my parameters are complete since June 2023.But my dependent’s security is in progress since March 2023.My spouse is a Retd.Military officer .Could this be a reason of delay in my case????
Request a prompt reply.
Thanks in advance

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon,

I applied for PR online through EE on Dec 28th. Upon applying I realized that I forgot to mention a past US visitor visa refusal (approved years after), in fact, I never included it in any of my past IRCC applications (study, work, TRV) and they were all approved. However, I had two Canadian study permit refusals that were included in previous applications and on this PR application as well.

So for these two statutory questions from EE form.

1. Have "You" been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Have "You" ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

My answers were, "No" and "Yes" (providing details only for Canadian past visa refusals)

I understand I should have also input "Yes" to the first question but I honestly completely forgot to do it because as I said before, my US visitor visa was approved on the second attempt and I have traveled to the USA many times before applying for Canadian visas.

Do you think this mistake will jeopardize my current PR application? Will I be charged with misrepresentation and be deported or banned from Canada?

Appreciate your valuable and expert advice.
Thank you!

Pavkpav

Sep 1, 2023
@legalfalcon
What does PIU tr to PR list mean in gcms notes? Is it a cause of concern considering my background check has been ongoing since January 2023 at Edmonton VO? Can I do something for an expedited response?
My GCMS notes also have the same thing and eligibility in review. My AOR is May 2023 & background in progress since Aug 03, 2023.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I applied for PR online through EE on Dec 28th. Upon applying I realized that I forgot to mention a past US visitor visa refusal (approved years after), in fact, I never included it in any of my past IRCC applications (study, work, TRV) and they were all approved. However, I had two Canadian study permit refusals that were included in previous applications and on this PR application as well.

So for these two statutory questions from EE form.

1. Have "You" been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Have "You" ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

My answers were, "No" and "Yes" (providing details only for Canadian past visa refusals)

I understand I should have also input "Yes" to the first question but I honestly completely forgot to do it because as I said before, my US visitor visa was approved on the second attempt and I have traveled to the USA many times before applying for Canadian visas.

Do you think this mistake will jeopardize my current PR application? Will I be charged with misrepresentation and be deported or banned from Canada?

Appreciate your valuable and expert advice.
Thank you!
I have answered this numerous times. If you know a fact was not correctly stated, you should correct it upon knowing the oversight immediately.

All your visa refusals should be declared in your application; not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law, you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>

If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason on why you omitted the information has to be provided.

They law is clear, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada , the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

Read - Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon please guide….
AOR Nov 2021.Mine is an old case almost 2 years now.
In my GCMS Notes Officer’s notes show an update—-
CSC received enquiry from (representative).After verifications ,the (representative) was associated with the (PA).NG-4886”
What does it imply? Please guide me if something needs to be done at my end.Request a prompt reply.
All my parameters are complete since June 2023.But my dependent’s security is in progress since March 2023.My spouse is a Retd.Military officer .Could this be a reason of delay in my case????
Request a prompt reply.
Thanks in advance
do you have a representative - consultant or a lawyer?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Which program did you apply undeR?

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
I have answered this numerous times. If you know a fact was not correctly stated, you should correct it upon knowing the oversight immediately.
Thank you! I did submit a webform attaching a LoE about this oversight. Days later, IRCC confirmed that the document was added to my file.

eaglelegal

Jan 9, 2024
Hi @legalfalcon I am a CEC inland applicant and my security is in process since Feb 2023. my medical expiry was updated thrice in 4 months. Is this a sign that the application is progressing?

normie

Jan 12, 2024
Hi @legalfalcon

In a case where a minor was falsely framed and charged in India, along with several other minors, and later acquitted by the court; should this be notified to IRCC when applying for PR, even if the PCC says No Adverse information?

Issue is, the individual never knew about these charges, never got a summon, never went to court, was living their life normally, studied abroad, travelled abroad for vacations, worked abroad too.

Everything was fine until they applied for a PCC from their home country. Before all this, the individual applied for passport, visa in multiple countries and lived there, but there was never an issue. This person also got a work permit in Canada, and during filing, they mentioned NO in their application when asked about any Criminal Charges, because they never knew about this case.

Now since they are in Canada, and gathering documents for PR, they found out about this case. Upon requesting a PCC, the police prompted that a case shows up on their system, but they dont know the status. Upon digging, it was found that almost two decades ago, when the minor was still in school, a false case was filed against them and a group of students, which was also acquitted, so there is no pending case.

But now there is another dilemma about what needs to be done, as they have mentioned NO in their Work Permit application form, when asked about being charged in the past. Should they now approach IRCC, and tell them of this new finding? And the other question is, since the PCC is clear, should they answer YES when asked if they were ever charged?

Could you please guide here?

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon I landed as pr in canada on Oct 17 and provided my address. However it's been 3 months and I haven't received my pr card yet. Is there something I could do to know why it's delayed and when will I get one?