+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
@legalfalcon
Hello!
Finally received PPR in April and got visa stamped in passport in the same month. A month later, I wanted to get a schengen visa but sadly was refused. We are planning to land in the end of septmeber so I began to worry, should I have informed IRCC about this refusal. Do not want any problems after coming to Canada.

PPR (April) -> Canadian visa stamp in passport (April) -> Schengen visa refusal (May)

Schengen visa refusal was after receiving PPR and I got a Canadian visa in my passport.

Last edited:

Shivzz

Jul 30, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I have a question and I hope you can help me.

I submitted my EE application on September 19, 2020. It got stuck because of COVID. Meanwhile, my study permit, co-op work permit, and my husband's OWP expired on April 13, 2022. I made a huge mistake and did not renew our permits before they expired. I thought we had a 90-day grace period and kept working for 50 days after our permit expired. When we found out what a huge mistake we had made, we both quit our jobs and applied for status restoration.

A few days ago, IRCC asked for the Schedule A form. I want to be honest and tell them everything in the personal history section and add a LOE and explain that it was an honest mistake, but I have no hope.

Is there any chance they will approve us after we confess to illegal work?

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
good evening

I was not able to login in gckey even after successfully ID and password, so i just click on revoke.

What deos that mean ?

Mean my account is block or dismissed from cic web site ?

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
@legalfalcon

Hello, regarding this new policy of Canadian educational credential points, do I need to have a study permit to be able to claim points for Canadian education?

The policy states:
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html)
"""
If you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate and completed any part of your program of study or training between March 2020 and August 2022, you’re now eligible for Canadian educational credential points even if you completed the program entirely

• through distance learning;
  • from outside Canada; or
  • through part-time studies.
Update your Express Entry profile to ensure you have the best possible chance to be invited to apply through Express Entry.
"""

It does not mention anything about study permits, so if I complete entirely online, outside Canada, and part-time without any study permit, I should still be able to claim Canadian educational credential points right?
The new questions on the express entry submission regarding this Canadian education also do not ask anything about the study permit.

Ecstasy21

Dec 29, 2020
@legalfalcon - my medical is going to expire on 11th sep 2022
I had taken the medical test on 28th Aug 2021
As per the RFV letter, there is a note which says - please see text marked in blue.

"
Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.
You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.
"

Question ;-
As my medical test was done on 28th Aug 2021 and the expiration as per the IRCC agent is 11th Sept 2022
which date do I need to honor and land in Canada? the date the medical exam was conducted or the expiration date?

Please advise as many of my critical decisions like resigning from the existing job depend on this.

thank you !
Hi @legalfalcon - could you please help with the above query?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon - could you please help with the above query?
If you have received the COPR and PR visa, the only date that matters is the on the PR visa. You can land in Canada on any date before your PR visa expires.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hello, regarding this new policy of Canadian educational credential points, do I need to have a study permit to be able to claim points for Canadian education?

The policy states:
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html)
"""
If you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate and completed any part of your program of study or training between March 2020 and August 2022, you’re now eligible for Canadian educational credential points even if you completed the program entirely

• through distance learning;
  • from outside Canada; or
  • through part-time studies.
Update your Express Entry profile to ensure you have the best possible chance to be invited to apply through Express Entry.
"""

It does not mention anything about study permits, so if I complete entirely online, outside Canada, and part-time without any study permit, I should still be able to claim Canadian educational credential points right?
The new questions on the express entry submission regarding this Canadian education also do not ask anything about the study permit.
It will depend on the course. This policy came into force to accommodate students who were unable to come to Canada due to COVID and partially did their studies from heir home countries.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
good evening

I was not able to login in gckey even after successfully ID and password, so i just click on revoke.

What deos that mean ?

Mean my account is block or dismissed from cic web site ?
If you revoked it, then you deleted your account.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
@legalfalcon We just recd our RFV request today and expect that it will have an expiry of March 2023 (our current medical exam was passed on March 9, 2022). However, we are expecting our second child in Oct/Nov 2022; will IRCC re-issue COPRs with longer validity if we do upfront exams for all of us in Nov/Dec 2022?

We believe that March 2023 will be too soon to travel with a newborn so wanted to know what can be done in such a situation.
@legalfalcon please could you check this?

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
It will depend on the course. This policy came into force to accommodate students who were unable to come to Canada due to COVID and partially did their studies from heir home countries.
Hi @legalfalcon, thanks for your reply. But, the wording of the policy states that I can get Canadian education points even though the program is "entirely" completed through distance learning, part time, or outside Canada.

Actually, in my EE profile there are three new questions pop up:

Did ivicts complete at least 50% of the study or training program's courses through in-person learning?

Did ivicts study in Canada for at least 8 months in order to earn this degree, diploma or certificate?

Did ivicts study full-time for at least 8 months to earn this degree, diploma or certificate?

I honestly answered "No" on all three of them and I still get Canadian education points in my profile.
The new questions do not seem to ask anything about a study permit, so I guess I do not misrepresent anything right?
So, do I need a study permit to claim the points?
What do you mean by depend on the course?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi @legalfalcon, thanks for your reply. But, the wording of the policy states that I can get Canadian education points even though the program is "entirely" completed through distance learning, part time, or outside Canada.

Actually, in my EE profile there are three new questions pop up:

Did ivicts complete at least 50% of the study or training program's courses through in-person learning?

Did ivicts study in Canada for at least 8 months in order to earn this degree, diploma or certificate?

Did ivicts study full-time for at least 8 months to earn this degree, diploma or certificate?

I honestly answered "No" on all three of them and I still get Canadian education points in my profile.
The new questions do not seem to ask anything about a study permit, so I guess I do not misrepresent anything right?
So, do I need a study permit to claim the points?
What do you mean by depend on the course?
You've answered these questions correctly. It has no impact on your points and Yes, you do get points for your Canadian Education if the program is completed from the designated learning institute (study permit is not a requirement to claim points).

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
You've answered these questions correctly. It has no impact on your points and Yes, you do get points for your Canadian Education if the program is completed from the designated learning institute (study permit is not a requirement to claim points).
Okay great, thanks Nitin, that's what I thought so too when I read the policy literally word by word.
Hopefully, the officer will read the same way.
For PGWP via distance learning and PGWP extension policy, I guess I'm not eligible because I didn't have a study permit.

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
@legalfalcon
Hello!
Finally received PPR in April and got visa stamped in passport in the same month. A month later, I wanted to get a schengen visa but sadly was refused. We are planning to land in the end of septmeber so I began to worry, should I have informed IRCC about this refusal. Do not want any problems after coming to Canada.

PPR (April) -> Canadian visa stamp in passport (April) -> Schengen visa refusal (May)

Schengen visa refusal was after receiving PPR and I got a Canadian visa in my passport.
@legalfalcon
I am really sorry to bother you with this insignificant matter. And a part of me also understands that in this case I am overthinking but after reading all that posts about IRCC revoking PR and Citizenship due misrepresentation I just can't stop stressing.

I am totally aware that I didn't lie in my application about visa refusals because there were none when our PR application was being in progress.
Tourist schengen visa was refused after PR was approved (COPR was issued) and there is no information from IRCC that we should provide such information after this point (approval).

As far I understand, applicants should only disclose information regarding these situations even they happen in the interval between an approval and a landing (copied bullet points from the PPR letter) :
  • Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
  • Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
  • Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
  • Change in health;
  • You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
  • Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.
We just had been waiting for PRR for more than 3 years and I don't want jeopardise my future in Canada because I did not inform IRCC about any matter which they find significant. Moreover, I don't know where look. I have searched the forum and haven't found similar questions. The majority of them were about forgetting to mention visa refusal in the initial application or the schedule A when it was requested

Thanks again for all you answers. I would be really grateful if you ease my mind about this situation.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

kvinati

Sep 1, 2020
@legalfalcon I have an PR application in progress (AOR Oct 2020) with me as the primary applicant which is delayed due to change in family circumstances since we had a baby in October 2021. Now my husband’s company is planning for raising a Canadian work permit. Do we need to declare that we have a PR application in progress? Also, do I need to raise a webform to inform IRCC about the work permit when they raise it?
Really Appreciate the help on this forum we’ve received till date.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have an PR application in progress (AOR Oct 2020) with me as the primary applicant which is delayed due to change in family circumstances since we had a baby in October 2021. Now my husband’s company is planning for raising a Canadian work permit. Do we need to declare that we have a PR application in progress? Also, do I need to raise a webform to inform IRCC about the work permit when they raise it?
Really Appreciate the help on this forum we’ve received till date.
Yes, in your WP application you have a question that asks if you have applied to IRCC before. You will have to answer yes to that questions and provide your PR application details.