Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon Need help with a request. I had received Quebec ITA on 13-Jan-22 and paid fees. On 8-Feb-22, I received Ontario ITA and I just followed the OINP process and got OINP nomination. I received ITA on 6-July-22 and submitted my PR application on 14-July-22. I didn't sent any documents to Quebec after paying fees and today (18-July-22) I received a reject letter from Quebec as I didn't complete the Quebec values test. In my PR application, I had declared Quebec ITA in Letter of explanation (LOE) but didn't declare any rejection as it was not there while submitting the application. How can I declare this now?
There is nothing to declare as such. But you can send the QC rejection via web form, but it is not required and has no value.

Reactions: piyushpth

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
Hi. I need your someone guidance

My full name is FASIH AHMAD KHAN While applying for Wes evaluation, I made a mistake and in the last the name section I mentioned my last name as AHMAD KHAN and in the First name I mentioned FASIH. But my passport has my first name is listed as FASIH AHMAD and my Last name as KHAN and my Wes evaluation reports name is in following pattern: AHMAD KHAN, Fasih.

I have contacted Wes via email, they haven't still cleared my query and said they issue the report according to the name in the Application and education credentials.

Kindly guide me on this as I'm too worried about this and how big an issue is this?

Ecstasy21

Dec 29, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon - I just got the RFV email and in the letter, I saw that there is a note which says the passport should not be worn, torn, or damaged.
my Question - there is a water stain on my passport where the passport folds and some water stain on the picture too. the right ear appears to be smugged. would this be treated as passport damaged?
I am about to submit this to VFSoffice . please let me know if this is a problem and if yes what best can be done here.

please see my passport picture on google drive below as I wasn't able to insert the picture here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13hu6ieDv48UAX-1kg4PyHHl6gZf1y_o1?usp=sharing

Kindly advise!

Appreciate your time in answering the queries.

Thank you !

thega

Mar 12, 2021
@legalfalcon My file was transferred to the Montreal VO and the reason was for eligibility (GCMS notes). I thought Quebec skilled workers already passed eligibility when we received the CSQ. What are they looking for when it comes to eligibility? The agent on the phone told me that they are still conducting background checks on me. My criminality passed and medical passed. How long do background checks take at the MTL office or in general? Please clue me in thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon My file was transferred to the Montreal VO and the reason was for eligibility (GCMS notes). I thought Quebec skilled workers already passed eligibility when we received the CSQ. What are they looking for when it comes to eligibility? The agent on the phone told me that they are still conducting background checks on me. My criminality passed and medical passed. How long do background checks take at the MTL office or in general? Please clue me in thank you.
You are highly mistaken. When you apply for a CSQ/PNP, your application is filed with the Province and is processed under the Provincial Immigration Law. If you meet the criteria, a PNP or a CSQ is issued to you. Then you have to file your request to IRCC, and your application will be processed pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Both these processes are completely separate and just because you have a PNP/CSQ does not mean that your application will be approved by IRCC as well.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon - I just got the RFV email and in the letter, I saw that there is a note which says the passport should not be worn, torn, or damaged.
my Question - there is a water stain on my passport where the passport folds and some water stain on the picture too. the right ear appears to be smugged. would this be treated as passport damaged?
I am about to submit this to VFSoffice . please let me know if this is a problem and if yes what best can be done here.

please see my passport picture on google drive below as I wasn't able to insert the picture here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13hu6ieDv48UAX-1kg4PyHHl6gZf1y_o1?usp=sharing

Kindly advise!

Appreciate your time in answering the queries.

Thank you !
Your passport is within acceptable parameters and should be fine. However, if there are issues where the biographical page is being peeled off, that is when you should get a new passport before submitting.

Reactions: Ecstasy21

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi. I need your someone guidance

My full name is FASIH AHMAD KHAN While applying for Wes evaluation, I made a mistake and in the last the name section I mentioned my last name as AHMAD KHAN and in the First name I mentioned FASIH. But my passport has my first name is listed as FASIH AHMAD and my Last name as KHAN and my Wes evaluation reports name is in following pattern: AHMAD KHAN, Fasih.

I have contacted Wes via email, they haven't still cleared my query and said they issue the report according to the name in the Application and education credentials.

Kindly guide me on this as I'm too worried about this and how big an issue is this?

You will have to wait for WES to rectify it. Also, WES issues the reports based on the name as it appears on your educational documents.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
You will have to wait for WES to rectify it. Also, WES issues the reports based on the name as it appears on your educational documents.
Thank you for your reply. My name is the same in education credentials as FASIH AHMAD KHAN. The mistake is on my behalf that while filling the application I wrote Ahmad Khan in the last name category while my passport shows only KHAN as my last name. Otherwise, the name is the same just Ahmad Khan is shown in capital letters in WES report. I contacted Wes and they didn't clarify it and just wrote they issue report based of the name I provided in the application.
How much of a problem it can be for IRCC?

bayraheem

May 24, 2019
hhdghd
Hello @legalfalcon
I have an urgent inquiry, I saw my 3rd Ghost update on Monday, and I called an IRCC agent and was told that Security is passed but Criminality not started. My understanding is that Security will be the last stage, but in my own situation, I can’t comprehend what is happening and I haven’t received PPR yet. What do you advise please? Do I provide another PCC, my AOR is 7th March.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I have an urgent inquiry, I saw my 3rd Ghost update on Monday, and I called an IRCC agent and was told that Security is passed but Criminality not started. My understanding is that Security will be the last stage, but in my own situation, I can’t comprehend what is happening and I haven’t received PPR yet. What do you advise please? Do I provide another PCC, my AOR is 7th March.
Security comprises of info sharing and security. Info sharing starts early in the process, and security screening is the last stage.

Check your GCMS notes for details.

slim-shady

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I got my PPR on the 22nd of April, 2022, with medical passed status on the 20th of April 2022. Got stamped passport and Copr on the 11th of June with online profile showing approved with counterfoil.

On the 21st of July, I saw profile updated email notification, checked my cic account and noticed a new pass date for medical, July 21st, 2022, counterfoil disappeared with Eligibility and Final decision showing in process instead of Approved.

What could be the cause of this change? Could it be a technical glitch?

I am already set to travel to Canada very soon. Please advise

Tejaaa123

May 15, 2022
@legalfalcon Hello sir, hope you are in fine spirits.
BC PNP Nomination done in November 2020
Express entry AOR February 2021
When I submitted application I attached positive WES report,However in march 2021 I received message from ircc to submit WES report again,So I send WES report again.In October 2021,I received email from WES that they have initiated secondary verification for my masters deegree,although I didn't receive any message from ircc regarding this. As the university from which I did masters ,some 12 years back,is facing some controversy recently and matter is sub judice,so they are not replying to WES reverification emails.
Now recently when I checked my WES account status shows Inactive. Already I had submitted positive WES report with my file. Sir my question is will the positive WES report which I submitted will be considered final? Because university is not responding from last 10 months and wes status now shows inactive. I received re medical in april 2022 and medical cleared on 6 june 2022. But still I didn't received biometric request.Sir plz guide.

friskflask

Jul 6, 2022
You will have to wait for IRCC to get back to you. This usually happens when IRCC has not processed some of your documents.
Thanks for writing back @legalfalcon. Was able to find a resolution finally.

Spoke to IRCC agent over phone after receiving the passport without the visa who confirmed that the application is almost approved and that there was an administrative issue that caused the mishap. Received a new PPR request the next day.

Got back passport with visa and CoPR documents on July 21, 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: legalfalcon