17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for reply brother
In my case.. everything else is cleared except Security. I had an invitation for some function from canads.. so i thought applying visitor visa night speed up the security a bit.
Can't anything help in security check process.. something to give wake up call. So that cic alleast take a look into profile if its been untouched. . I got my second medical pass on 24 april.. nothing since then.

Unfortunately, the security is done by CSIS, so you cannot do anything more than what you are. Send emails, order GCMS and that is pretty much it.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Unfortunately, the security is done by CSIS, so you cannot do anything more than what you are. Send emails, order GCMS and that is pretty much it.
Hi Legalfalcon,i am inlanders and my medical expires on May24. What do you think,do they extend or they will send me request to redo?
Thanks
Rabin

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
They will not extent on their own, however, you can write to them and request that your medicals be extended. In most cases when an applicant writes they do, but in some cases they may ask for a re-do. Since you are an inland, I think they will simply extend it.

Reactions: RabinJi

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
They will not extent on their own, however, you can write to them and request that your medicals be extended. In most cases when an applicant writes they do, but in some cases they may ask for a re-do. Since you are an inland, I think they will simply extend it.
Thanks Legalfalcon always +1 for your answers,that means is that ok if i do not send them email to extend because i am inland applicant.Or can i send email to be extended?i met few guys they have extended by own for 18 months,but they already requested to redo for my dependents only.
Thanks
Rabin

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks Legalfalcon always +1 for your answers,that means is that ok if i do not send them email to extend because i am inland applicant.Or can i send email to be extended?i met few guys they have extended by own for 18 months,but they already requested to redo for my dependents only.
Thanks
Rabin
I am sorry if I didn't make it clear, you should send them a request for extension. Since your medicals are expiring soon, you should do it now.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Now the days for +1 are gone, and the like the post/reply is the new things here!!!! ;);)

Reactions: RabinJi

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
I am sorry if I didn't make it clear, you should send them a request for extension. Since your medicals are expiring soon, you should do it now.
So no ratings anymore.

anujsanghvi

Nov 6, 2016
Hello legalfalcon,

I am trying to immigrate using the Express Entry Immigration program. I am claiming points for 3 years of work experience from work done in my father’s company. The period for which I am claiming experience is Financial Year 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16. In India FY begins on the 1st of April and ends on 31st of March. My father’s stock broking activity shut in the FY 2012-13, but, the company was operating as an investment company i.e investing in shares of other listed companies. I was employed as an ‘Equity Dealer’ where I was managing the business activity as mentioned below in my job duties. I held 48% of the shares of the company that I was employed at (my father’s company) for these 3 years. There are more than 4 people who are not members of the family, but are shareholders of the company. I have the pay-slips and Income tax returns that prove that I have worked in the company as an employee.

My job duties involved the following:-

I copy pasted the below from esdc.gc.ca
  • Develop long-term relationships with their clients by preparing investment strategies to help them achieve their financial goals, offering advice and information on various investments to guide them in managing their portfolios
  • Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications and other material, and develop a network within the financial industry to gather relevant information and identify potential investments for clients
  • Carry out investment orders by buying and selling stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers or companies such as banks, trust companies and insurance firms
  • Monitor clients' investment portfolios and ensure that investment transactions are carried out according to industry regulations.
My NOC code is 1113. I have performed the aforementioned job duties sincerely even though there were no clients but I have done everything else mentioned.

I want to know if I would be counted as a self-employed person managing my business (which I was not) or as an employee. Would the shutting down of the stock broking business activity be a problem? Please help me with this confusion. Thanks.

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
while filling up my application i entered my ielts test result date as 7th april becuase result was declared on that day but now due to some issues at the centre i just received my trf today but at the end of trf date is 9th may becuase they just made the hard copy signed today. Will that make any difference though trf, exam date everything is same its just the date at bottom ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
it was canada
Speeding in Canada is provincial motor vehicle act offense. It is NOT a criminal offense and doesn't have to be reported. So no need to worry about it.

achillies91

Dec 7, 2016
While filling out details post ITA, the following question is being asked in the application/profile details:

In which province or territory does_________________ intend to reside?

Can I select Quebec as the desired province and Montreal as desired city, I am having an admission from Montreal based university so planning to reside over there. Can I do so? By the way, I received an ITA through federal express entry stream and not through PNP or QSWP.

Please provide suggestion.

Thanks in advance @ legalfalcon!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon,

I am trying to immigrate using the Express Entry Immigration program. I am claiming points for 3 years of work experience from work done in my father’s company. The period for which I am claiming experience is Financial Year 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16. In India FY begins on the 1st of April and ends on 31st of March. My father’s stock broking activity shut in the FY 2012-13, but, the company was operating as an investment company i.e investing in shares of other listed companies. I was employed as an ‘Equity Dealer’ where I was managing the business activity as mentioned below in my job duties. I held 48% of the shares of the company that I was employed at (my father’s company) for these 3 years. There are more than 4 people who are not members of the family, but are shareholders of the company. I have the pay-slips and Income tax returns that prove that I have worked in the company as an employee.

My job duties involved the following:-

I copy pasted the below from esdc.gc.ca
  • Develop long-term relationships with their clients by preparing investment strategies to help them achieve their financial goals, offering advice and information on various investments to guide them in managing their portfolios
  • Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications and other material, and develop a network within the financial industry to gather relevant information and identify potential investments for clients
  • Carry out investment orders by buying and selling stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers or companies such as banks, trust companies and insurance firms
  • Monitor clients' investment portfolios and ensure that investment transactions are carried out according to industry regulations.
My NOC code is 1113. I have performed the aforementioned job duties sincerely even though there were no clients but I have done everything else mentioned.

I want to know if I would be counted as a self-employed person managing my business (which I was not) or as an employee. Would the shutting down of the stock broking business activity be a problem? Please help me with this confusion. Thanks.

Classifying yourself as self-employed or as employed in your father's company will depend on you. If you can get job reference letters from someone in your company who is not related to you, and also have the IT returns and payslips, you can claim that you were employed. Getting a reference letter from your dad would raise suspicion. Showing that you were employed is much easier, and since you have all the papers, you are good.

Claiming self-employment would need more paper work, including the registration of your company, your shareholding, and how the money was distributed, what was your role etc.

The question for you is this: Were you getting a salary, or were you sharing profits? If you were getting a salary, show yourself as an employee, if you were given a profit share based on your shares in the company, you will have to show that you were self-employed.

You can also show a mix of these by showing that you were employed, and also getting a profit share, and include all the documents and send a LoE detailing how this was done, what was the company doing, get reference letters from clients, and colleagues.

Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
While filling out details post ITA, the following question is being asked in the application/profile details:

In which province or territory does_________________ intend to reside?

Can I select Quebec as the desired province and Montreal as desired city, I am having an admission from Montreal based university so planning to reside over there. Can I do so? By the way, I received an ITA through federal express entry stream and not through PNP or QSWP.

Please provide suggestion.

Thanks in advance @ legalfalcon!
I would advise you against it, although there is nothing wrong with it. Usually for Quebec, you need a CQE and have to be sponsored through Quebec. Quebec as a province has a special status in Canada. However, once you get your PR under FSW, you can live anywhere in Canada, including Quebec.

I can cite my example here, I filled Toronto as my intended city, but as soon as I landed, I moved to Quebec and live in Montreal. I have the province health care, no questions asked and all other Provincial benefits.

Given the legal complexity, you can fill in Toronto, and later move. Even if you want to fill Montreal, that would be fine, but you may be asked more questions and most things in Quebec are in French, which makes things difficult to navigate for no-french speakers.

This is my opinion, and others may differ. But under the Canadian Constitution, when you become a PR, you can reside anywhere in Canada, that is your fundamental right.

Reactions: achillies91