+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

achillies91

Dec 7, 2016
I would advise you against it, although there is nothing wrong with it. Usually for Quebec, you need a CQE and have to be sponsored through Quebec. Quebec as a province has a special status in Canada. However, once you get your PR under FSW, you can live anywhere in Canada, including Quebec.

I can cite my example here, I filled Toronto as my intended city, but as soon as I landed, I moved to Quebec and live in Montreal. I have the province health care, no questions asked and all other Provincial benefits.

Given the legal complexity, you can fill in Toronto, and later move. Even if you want to fill Montreal, that would be fine, but you may be asked more questions and most things in Quebec are in French, which makes things difficult to navigate for no-french speakers.

This is my opinion, and others may differ. But under the Canadian Constitution, when you become a PR, you can reside anywhere in Canada, that is your fundamental right.
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion and your experience! I am also planning to apply for renewal of study permit and CAQ. I am already having CAQ and study permit but I couldn't go to the Canada last year due to personal issues. Recently, I have also applied for the renewal of CAQ. Meanwhile, I also want to apply for the PR as I am having enough experience and CLB9 IELTS score and ITA. As I have applied for renewal of CAQ and most probably Quebec will send the CAQ to IRCC(CIC), I don't want to hide the fact and put Montreal and Quebec as the places where I would like to live. I think there are lot of complexities involved in my case and I don't what's gonna happen with my application for renewal of study Visa and PR.

Thanks again!

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Hello legalfalcon,
I am in the process of creating my express entry profile. I am stuck at "Primary occupation" section in work history.
My work history is as follows
Jan 2013 - Dec 2014 - System Analyst role - NOC - 2171.
Jan 2015 - current - Application Developer role - NOC -2174

In the occupation section - It is mentioned to select the NOC code and my application will base on that code. Please see below wording from Express entry website which I encountered while creating my profile

Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code)Find your NOC page to learn more.

This means the job XXXXX ( my name) has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on. This is how we will determine your eligibility for federal programs. You will need to know the job title and the NOC for the primary occupation and for any other jobs you add, as well as for any job offer

Question :

1. Should I mention 2171 or 2174 ? for primary occupation NOC code?

2. If I give 2171, my current role's NOC code is not taken into consideration, but If I give 2174, my past experience wont be counted .
Could any one please advise me on this.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon,
I am in the process of creating my express entry profile. I am stuck at "Primary occupation" section in work history.
My work history is as follows
Jan 2013 - Dec 2014 - System Analyst role - NOC - 2171.
Jan 2015 - current - Application Developer role - NOC -2174

In the occupation section - It is mentioned to select the NOC code and my application will base on that code. Please see below wording from Express entry website which I encountered while creating my profile

Primary occupation (4 digit NOC Code)Find your NOC page to learn more.

This means the job XXXXX ( my name) has experience in and wants to base the immigration application on. This is how we will determine your eligibility for federal programs. You will need to know the job title and the NOC for the primary occupation and for any other jobs you add, as well as for any job offer

Question :

1. Should I mention 2171 or 2174 ? for primary occupation NOC code?

2. If I give 2171, my current role's NOC code is not taken into consideration, but If I give 2174, my past experience wont be counted .
Could any one please advise me on this.
Here you are confusing two different things. You can have different NOCs to claim work experience, i.e. you can claim 3 years of work experience with three different NOCs. Whereas, your primary NOC is what you intend to do in Canada, based on your current role, which can be your current NOC or of your past Job.

Reactions: basant.b

bunnybunny

Mar 21, 2017
hi Legalfalcon, I have checked with another kind forum member vishalg regarding this, but want to have second opinion.

I have gotten ITA last week, and now wondering about Proof of funds.

i have joint account with my father opened in Nov 2015. The money for this joint account is mine. i can provide source of funds which came from single acc under my name back in 2014/15.

I am using part of the money in joint account for proof of funds. I am thinking of getting my father to write a gift deed and transfer the money to my single account again.

(1) Is this a problem if I do it 10-15 days after ITA, i.e. have gift deed from father and have him transfer to my single account?

(2) what is the standard procedure for proving money is mine? Can i not touch the account and just have him write affidavit saying the money is mine? (Name is still joint account's however)

(3) Do you have any other suggestions for resolving this issue? As I'm very worried CIC will think this is deliberate and reject me for misrepresentation :(

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi Legalfalcon, I have checked with another kind forum member vishalg regarding this, but want to have second opinion.

I have gotten ITA last week, and now wondering about Proof of funds.

i have joint account with my father opened in Nov 2015. The money for this joint account is mine. i can provide source of funds which came from single acc under my name back in 2014/15.

I am using part of the money in joint account for proof of funds. I am thinking of getting my father to write a gift deed and transfer the money to my single account again.

(1) Is this a problem if I do it 10-15 days after ITA, i.e. have gift deed from father and have him transfer to my single account?
No, you can do it anytime, the sooner the better.

(2) what is the standard procedure for proving money is mine? Can i not touch the account and just have him write affidavit saying the money is mine? (Name is still joint account's however)
You can definitely use the joint account, which will give you the 6 months balance too, and all you need from your father is to sign a gift deed or an affidavit stating that you are free to use the money to meet your financial needs for immigration to Canada. The money he has gifted, should be with free will, without any intention of having it back.

Not sure which country you are in, if you are the primary account holder, then this further helps, and you can explain things in the LoE. It should not be a problem and showing your joint account would be way better, than transferring the money to your own account. As you state that the JA has more than the required amount, that shows that you are not borrowing the money, and when the bank attests that you have had the account for a few years, it will negate any concerns of funds coming in. All your bases will be covered.

(3) Do you have any other suggestions for resolving this issue? As I'm very worried CIC will think this is deliberate and reject me for misrepresentation
Do not be too concerned about this issue. This is something which happens regularly. I would advise using the joint account as described above, the rest is your decision and what works best for you.

:(
Hope this helps!

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi Legalflcon how do i informed to IRCC for my medical extension?By CSE or Webform?Do you think they might be extended or send me request to redo?I am little bit scared if they would send me request for redo and again my processing time becomes longer.Have you seen any of in this forum they would have extended?Sorry for bothering.\
Thanks
Rabin

Last edited:

bunnybunny

Mar 21, 2017
Hope this helps!
Legalfalcon, thank you!

(1) I was under the impression (from reading other forum posts) that account used for proof of funds MUST be under my name? Wouldn't that render the money in this joint account invalid, until it is transferred to my name?

(2) the history for joint account is like that: There is total 30k in joint account (just to give an example, it's not the true amount).

Date joint account was created: Nov 2016 (sorry not 2015), so still less than 6 months
Source of funds: 15k was from my own account, and 15K from my father's account

2 days ago, bank was able to give me receipt what happened last Nov 2016 (i.e account creation date).
One of the receipt states clearly that 15k was transferred from my single account (this account was later removed). The single account money was in turn transferred from my main bank account (also with my name).

Sorry if it's a bit complicated but just a diagram to make things simpler:
Joint account 15k (of 30K) >> transferred on Nov 2016 from single account with my name (now removed) >> my main bank account

I intend to use the trail of funds to prove to CIC that the money is mine. but i'm concerned that if my father were to sign gift deed saying he "give" me the money, then I would lose credibility to this 15k (which was actually my savings from salaries for many years).

Another thing is because the single account with my name is now removed, would this be a problem for CIC there's a gap in trail of funds? :|

Plus joint account is less than 6 months old...

(3) May I also know what's the difference between affidavit and notary? If I get my father to write gift deed, and then later an affidavit stating that 15k is mine, wouldn't these two reasons clash with each other?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalflcon how do i informed to IRCC for my medical extension?By CSE or Webform?Do you think they might be extended or send me request to redo?I am little bit scared if they would send me request for redo and again my processing time becomes longer.Have you seen any of in this forum they would have extended?Sorry for bothering.\
Thanks
Rabin
The CSE and webform are the same, https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

In most cases an extension is give, when asked. However, it will depend on the IRCC officer handling your case. Even if they ask for a re-do, it won't delay your application much. I have helped 3-4 applicants in the past, all of whom were given medical extension, only one was asked for a re-do, because even with the extension, he wouldn't have enough time to do the landing.

Reactions: RabinJi

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Legalfalcon, thank you!

(1) I was under the impression (from reading other forum posts) that account used for proof of funds MUST be under my name? Wouldn't that render the money in this joint account invalid, until it is transferred to my name?
If the account is joint, you too are the account holder, and can use the funds. It does not exclusively have to be in your name. See this situation when the husband and wife have a joint account and use it show the PoF. In this situation its your father and he is giving you the authority to use the funds.

(2) the history for joint account is like that: There is total 30k in joint account (just to give an example, it's not the true amount).

Date joint account was created: Nov 2016 (sorry not 2015), so still less than 6 months
Source of funds: 15k was from my own account, and 15K from my father's account

2 days ago, bank was able to give me receipt what happened last Nov 2016 (i.e account creation date).
One of the receipt states clearly that 15k was transferred from my single account (this account was later removed). The single account money was in turn transferred from my main bank account (also with my name).

Sorry if it's a bit complicated but just a diagram to make things simpler:
Joint account 15k (of 30K) >> transferred on Nov 2016 from single account with my name (now removed) >> my main bank account

I intend to use the trail of funds to prove to CIC that the money is mine. but i'm concerned that if my father were to sign gift deed saying he "give" me the money, then I would lose credibility to this 15k (which was actually my savings from salaries for many years).

Another thing is because the single account with my name is now removed, would this be a problem for CIC there's a gap in trail of funds? :|

Plus joint account is less than 6 months old...

(3) May I also know what's the difference between affidavit and notary? If I get my father to write gift deed, and then later an affidavit stating that 15k is mine, wouldn't these two reasons clash with each other?

To cut the story short, the intention behind getting the 6 months average balance is to ensure that an applicant is not borrowing the money form other sources to meet the immigration requirement. The 6 months avg balance, proves that the money has been sitting with you and is yours. Now to tackle this situation, if you are given a gift deed, you are getting the money, which the IRCC will know was gifted and actually belongs to you without the need of showing the 6 months average balance. So as long as you show the funds and can adequately prove that they are yours (gifted or otherwise) you are all covered.

How I see is that you are getting way deeper than required. I can offer you a short solution, send me a PM and we can talk there, to resolve this quicker.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi legalfalcon i am about to submit message to IRCC but one thing i am very confused,actually i have done my medical on May 24,2016 so what should i mentioned in the expiry date?
Regards

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
Query is with respect to experience related documents. In my appointment letter and relieving letter my surname is not mentioned but the same is mentioned in the reference letter which i collected from the employer as per the format. I know reference letter is a key document but i want to know if tomorrow CIC asks for my appointment and relieving letter will this create any problem.

Appreciate your response. Thanks

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hi legalfalcon, got a question for you about counting work experience. I've claimed points for 4 jobs, 2 of which are less than 1 year.

- Job A: 11 months
- Job B: 18 months
- Job C: 12 months
- Job D: 8 months

All jobs are under the same NOC. This adds up to 4 years as per the CRS rules, correct? (i.e. all experience would be counted even those that are less than 1 year)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon i am about to submit message to IRCC but one thing i am very confused,actually i have done my medical on May 24,2016 so what should i mentioned in the expiry date?
Regards
The medicals are only valid for one year. So if your medicals were done on May 2016, they will expire in May 2017 unless an extension is given.

Reactions: RabinJi

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
Query is with respect to experience related documents. In my appointment letter and relieving letter my surname is not mentioned but the same is mentioned in the reference letter which i collected from the employer as per the format. I know reference letter is a key document but i want to know if tomorrow CIC asks for my appointment and relieving letter will this create any problem.

Appreciate your response. Thanks
This will not be an issue. It is highly unlikely that IRCC will ask for joining letter and even if they do, each company has a different policy on how to give joining letters. As long as the company verifies that you worked for it, that is all that counts.

Reactions: jackdawn

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon, got a question for you about counting work experience. I've claimed points for 4 jobs, 2 of which are less than 1 year.

- Job A: 11 months
- Job B: 18 months
- Job C: 12 months
- Job D: 8 months

All jobs are under the same NOC. This adds up to 4 years as per the CRS rules, correct? (i.e. all experience would be counted even those that are less than 1 year)
Yes, you can add the work experience and it does not matter if it was less than 1 year. As long as it was full-time or part time with more than 30 hours a week, it is counted as full time. Also, you can combine different NOCs.

Hope this helps!