LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: Chintan31

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I received today 3 emails from IRRC, all the same, saying ":

"We're still working on your application. You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."

Does it mean anything or just a routine reminder sent regularly to all applicants?

6 months period after my AOR was completed at the beginning of November, one month ago.

Thank you in advance.

ShivaOm

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

"We're still working on your application. You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date."

Does it mean anything or just a routine reminder sent regularly to all applicants?

6 months period after my AOR was completed at the beginning of November, one month ago.

Thank you in advance.
Yes, I just received the same email, even though my PR application was approved in June.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon

Thank you in advance.
Yes, I just received the same email, even though my PR application was approved in June.

It's a systems glitch that IRCC is experiencing and these can be ignored.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thank you in advance.

IRCC is in the process of integrating they systems to move many processes online like landing, COPR activation etc.

There are many applicants who have received this the same email and some have received 2-3 times. Unless you see any formal change in your MyCIC, no need to be concerned about it.

Reactions: 163satish

163satish

Oct 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon , sorry to bother you.
CEC inland applicant.
AOR: 4th April 2020
Biometrics: Exempted and updated on 26th October as COMPLETED
Medicals: Asked to redo. Profile updated on 29th October as Medicals Passed.
No updates after 29th October.

I tried contacting IRCC since weeks but they are not responding over Web Form. I could reach them on call till now in last 5 weeks.
I am planning to travel to India for vacation December 4th week and may get married in the month of January (by God's grace if things fall in place).
What will happen if I travel outside and get CoPR while I am on vacation? What happens if I get additional document? Will I be able to respond to these things from India? Can I add spouse after CoPR? Will there be any impact if I add her to the application in case I do not get CoPR until January?
I am so worried and so confused on what to do. There are so many ifs and buts. Reaching out to you for your valuable inputs. What should be the best course of action?

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
@legalfalcon

Today was the first time my webforms/GCMS notes have seen any movement since March:

"
-The responsible office verified the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
-The security background verification has not been initiated.
-The criminal background verification is currently valid."

I heard somewhere that in webforms, the security background is never shown as in progress (it's either not started or passed?) is this true? Does this mean my security is actually in progress? I got an ADR (CV/supplementary forms possibly due to advanced degree )in late October and my uploaded file was marked as being reviewed about a week and half ago.

Btw, my VO is CPC-Ottawa, hoping this means Ottawa is at least slowly working on applications

Thanks!

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon

Today was the first time my webforms/GCMS notes have seen any movement since March:

"
-The responsible office verified the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

I heard somewhere that in webforms, the security background is never shown as in progress (it's either not started or passed?) is this true? Does this mean my security is actually in progress? I got an ADR (CV/supplementary forms possibly due to advanced degree )in late October and my uploaded file was marked as being reviewed about a week and half ago.

Thanks!
Depends on where you request your Gcms Notes from, if you request from IRCC then security is redacted when it's in progress. On the other hand if you request the same information from CBSA it's redacted when it's complete.

If the recent web form response mentioned that The security background verification has not been initiated., then Security has not started. You can see the online version of the CBSA security screen manual for more info at https://bit.ly/3mqHP5I

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

"

Btw, my VO is CPC-Ottawa, hoping this means Ottawa is at least slowly working on applications

Thanks!

In your GCMS notes the security is redacted, it is blank or not started. Even after your application is approved, it will show as blank.

Security starts only after eligibility is conclusively passed. See #2,521

However, in some cases, your eligibility may be conclusively passed and the security not yet started since not all applications are sent to CBSA / CSIS for security screening. Most are, but not all. Also, in some cases security will not be started even if eligibility is conclusively passed due to administrative delay.

For most security is done within 3-7 weeks. If your security is blank then it means that it is either in progress or passed. Security screening details are always redacted in the GCMS notes and you will see s15 on the top right of the page where the security is. To read on s15 see https://bit.ly/3jvbiZO

To read on security screening and the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/3ouIwfG

Most applicants with have 2-4 security activities in there GCMS notes. See my previous post on this to compare yours #4,803

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , sorry to bother you.
CEC inland applicant.
AOR: 4th April 2020
Biometrics: Exempted and updated on 26th October as COMPLETED
Medicals: Asked to redo. Profile updated on 29th October as Medicals Passed.
No updates after 29th October.

I tried contacting IRCC since weeks but they are not responding over Web Form. I could reach them on call till now in last 5 weeks.
I am planning to travel to India for vacation December 4th week and may get married in the month of January (by God's grace if things fall in place).
What will happen if I travel outside and get CoPR while I am on vacation? What happens if I get additional document? Will I be able to respond to these things from India? Can I add spouse after CoPR? Will there be any impact if I add her to the application in case I do not get CoPR until January?
I am so worried and so confused on what to do. There are so many ifs and buts. Reaching out to you for your valuable inputs. What should be the best course of action?
Lets deal with your questions one by one.

You can travel anywhere and your travel has nothing to do with your PR application which is in progress. Only if your change your country of residence do you need to inform IRCC of the change.

If your get your COPR which you are in India, will have to inform IRCC that you are in India and then submit your passport for a PR visa. Usually for inland applicants IRCC is coming up with a COPR validation tool to activate the COPR as as soon as your get a COPR which is activated, all other visas cease to exist.

If you get a request to submit additional documents, you can do that from anywhere, they have to be done online.

Yes, you can add your spouse anytime before you land and become a PR. see https://bit.ly/3mtw7ag

Oct 19, 2020
Hi legal falcon @legalfalcon
Permit me to please jump in here
M’y case is like the above
I don’t have all the funds for my family of four... I have just about 16000 but need 24000
I am on pgwp with a job in my noc without lmia
I am confused on how to state my case to the VO as I have insufficient funds :(
But do I understand correctly that I may not need POF since I have a job and on PGWP?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legal falcon
Permit me to jump in here
M’y case is like the above
I don’t have all the funds for my family of four... I have just about 16000 but need 24000
I am on pgwp with a job in my noc without lmia
I am confused on how to state my case to the VO as I have insufficient funds :(
As per IRCC:

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
Keep your funds up to date in your profile. The system may find that you’re eligible for more than 1 program. You don’t always know ahead of time which program you’ll be invited under.

Oct 19, 2020
Gha
As per IRCC:

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
Keep your funds up to date in your profile. The system may find that you’re eligible for more than 1 program. You don’t always know ahead of time which program you’ll be invited under.
Thank you most kindly for your prompt reply
But I am on FSW and according to CIC website I don’t think this is a valid job offer
Since it doesn’t have LMIA

else how do I prove my case to the VO
Do I write a letter saying I have a job and I am on PGWP. Should I still add my funds?
thank you so much