Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
First you are an amazing person and wish you all the best in your life, i have seen A lot of your responses to others and I can say you an exceptional in your kindness.
Now the issue that is exactly what I did to my application and today completed a year time, when I ordered the notes I found out that the case analyst questioned this for me and my spouse mentioning my explanation ( a screenshot of the same link information) but despite eligibility passed he asked for further review for my previous residency in Saudi Arabia and plus he mentioned in his recommendation passed but criminality not passed. The assessment is showing criminality in progress and the case for two latest notes put further review is progress and I think it’s with a senior officer, what can I do to clear this thing because they didn’t ask me for any additional documents and last update was on March 3 2020 with a note of BF 25 April, today my med supposed to be expired and it was passed on October 2019, I got a GU before two days and when I checked MyCIC found out that med status change to we don’t need it. Thanks and sorry for the long message
IF it is with regard to your residency in Saudi Arabia, you will have to wait for IRCC to seek any additional documentation if required. I am reposting my old post in Review required:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Searchy

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon @daveishan
In the express entry profile, the employment periods are only for month and year and not the day. But the employment dates will have gaps in between ending of first job and beginning of second job. How will the hours be calculated then? The reference letters mention day month and year. Does it make any difference in the score? How does the visa officer interpret it? DOES THE VISA OFFICER RECALCULATE ALL HOURS ACCORDING TO WORKING DAYS? Please guide, as I am not able to preview my score on my ITA profile. It keeps saying system is down.

Also, in my travel histor, I had paid time off, so will they reduce the number of hours for that job?
@legalfalcon Please advise! Thank you. This point has me in dilemma and worry!

Searchy

Sep 19, 2020
IF it is with regard to your residency in Saudi Arabia, you will have to wait for IRCC to seek any additional documentation if required. I am reposting my old post in Review required:

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.

Hope this helps.
@legalfalcon
Thanks for you help and explanation
I am adding a quote of the case analyst Summary maybe it would give a better understanding for you to look at.

(Recommendation: Recommend pass summary notes: client has claimed other foreign work experience that they do not require to meet the minimum CRS score-Not assessed Saudi Arabia PC NOT PROVIDED AS PA AND SPOUSE ARE NOT RESIDING IN SAUDI ARABIA SEE EDOCS#.......,...... For explanation. CRIMINALITY NOT PASSED.A11.2:appears met R87.1:CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - appears Met Ready to finalize RPRF:complete.)

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
@legalfalcon
My husband is a primary applicant for EE -PR. I am his dependant. We are PNP -O applicant and completed 100% progress bar in August 2020. As per case processing analyst review back in June 25,2020 , our eligibility is recommeded pass, medical : passed, criminality : passed, security : not started yet. However, we have requested new set of GCMS now and awaiting them.

When we applied for our e-PR, we both were in USA. I still reside in US, my husband went to India for his visa stamping and is stuck there due to US consulates being shut and his return is currently indefinite. He's working from India . However, I have few questions, can you please let me know what can be done ?

1) Our application shows "PA" resides in USA which could be the case ideally if he wasn't stuck in India. We have already informed CIC regarding his stay in India because of Covid and travel restrictions.
2) However, our application is only pending security, will this create issues in issuing COPR if CIC starts giving COPR ? In this situation, I would be in US and my husband in India. How will we send our PP's together?
3) Do we need to inform CIC again about his indefinite stay ?

Any leads would be appreciated. Thank you for reading this message

Best Regards
Neha

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Thanks for you help and explanation
I am adding a quote of the case analyst Summary maybe it would give a better understanding for you to look at.

(Recommendation: Recommend pass summary notes: client has claimed other foreign work experience that they do not require to meet the minimum CRS score-Not assessed Saudi Arabia PC NOT PROVIDED AS PA AND SPOUSE ARE NOT RESIDING IN SAUDI ARABIA SEE EDOCS#.......,...... For explanation. CRIMINALITY NOT PASSED.A11.2:appears met R87.1:CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - appears Met Ready to finalize RPRF:complete.)
Everything looks good. This note is just to inform the officer during is final review of the aspects of the application.

Criminality is usually based on PCCs, if one of your PCC is missing, he officer will make a final determination in it. Also, if your biometrics is missing, that is another reason for the criminality to be in progress.

I see no concerns. Just wait for the Officer's assessment.

Reactions: Searchy

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Please advise! Thank you. This point has me in dilemma and worry!
You should search the forum. All questions you are asking ahave been answered and also if you read IRCC's website, the answers are there. You should do some research yourself. No one can file your application for you. If you need help with your application, you should engage independent legal services.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
My husband is a primary applicant for EE -PR. I am his dependant. We are PNP -O applicant and completed 100% progress bar in August 2020. As per case processing analyst review back in June 25,2020 , our eligibility is recommeded pass, medical : passed, criminality : passed, security : not started yet. However, we have requested new set of GCMS now and awaiting them.

When we applied for our e-PR, we both were in USA. I still reside in US, my husband went to India for his visa stamping and is stuck there due to US consulates being shut and his return is currently indefinite. He's working from India . However, I have few questions, can you please let me know what can be done ?

1) Our application shows "PA" resides in USA which could be the case ideally if he wasn't stuck in India. We have already informed CIC regarding his stay in India because of Covid and travel restrictions.
2) However, our application is only pending security, will this create issues in issuing COPR if CIC starts giving COPR ? In this situation, I would be in US and my husband in India. How will we send our PP's together?

Any leads would be appreciated. Thank you for reading this message

Best Regards
Neha

No need to be concerned. In an eventuality if your get the PPR while your spouse is in India, your would like him to get his PRV in India, for which you have inform IRCC.

If you are in the US, you will have to send your PP to the consulate based on where you live, NY or LA, while your husband will have to do it in India. Currently the VFS in India are closed.

If your husband does not intend returning in the next few weeks, you should so that you do not have to struggle with changing the VO for him. But if he is returning or has a likelihood to return in the axe few weeks, you need not inform yet.

Also, in an eventuality if you do get the PPR, for you and you husband, while your husband is still in India, you can inform IRCC via webform and new
instructions will be sent for your husband. Not a big issue.

Reactions: g.neha

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
@legalfalcon Hi. What if my foreign work experience hours are more than two years but less than three years.
@legalfalcon HI. then do they calculate the cumulative hours as well ? Because in express entry, it is only month and year. But reference letters mention dates as weLL. So will they recheck that and then calculate the hours again? E.g. one of my employment is average 22 hours per week. So will they consider it only for 15 hours/week? My points will be reduced in that case and that would be a huge problem! Even 40 hours/ week employments will be considered for 30 hours. And that will reduce my hours even further! Am I understanding it correctly?

Last edited:

g.neha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
No need to be concerned. In an eventuality if your get the PPR while your spouse is in India, your would like him to get his PRV in India, for which you have inform IRCC.

If you are in the US, you will have to send your PP to the consulate based on where you live, NY or LA, while your husband will have to do it in India. Currently the VFS in India are closed.

If your husband does not intend returning in the next few weeks, you should so that you do not have to struggle with changing the VO for him. But if he is returning or has a likelihood to return in the axe few weeks, you need not inform yet.

Also, in an eventuality if you do get the PPR, for you and you husband, while your husband is still in India, you can inform IRCC via webform and new
instructions will be sent for your husband. Not a big issue.
Thank you so much ! It's a relief .

joman63

Sep 4, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Thank you for being active and helping people all around every time and everywhere.
I have a question for you which has been too common but I have seen mixed cases quite lately.

I was an international student in Canada and completed masters August 2020 and used the master's degree points to get an ITA on September 2, 2020 under FSW category. Now, I have collected degree completion and official transcripts from the university but the diploma will be issued on the convocation date which is around October 23, and by the time, I get the diploma in hand it will be mid-Novemeber or so. Here, I was thinking of submitting my application with an LOE for the diploma and in future upload diploma.

Related to the proof of education query, I have read many answers wherein people were able to get it done with an LOE but recently from IMMTracker few people reported that lack of a diploma resulted in app refusal.(This set of people did not mention anything about LOE but just mentioned that app got refused.)

So, do you think I should go ahead with an LOE or on a safer end wait till I get a diploma?
Thank you.
Please, anyone can respond to this. I am just skeptical but feel that LOE is a way to go.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Thank you for being active and helping people all around every time and everywhere.
I have a question for you which has been too common but I have seen mixed cases quite lately.

I was an international student in Canada and completed masters August 2020 and used the master's degree points to get an ITA on September 2, 2020 under FSW category. Now, I have collected degree completion and official transcripts from the university but the diploma will be issued on the convocation date which is around October 23, and by the time, I get the diploma in hand it will be mid-Novemeber or so. Here, I was thinking of submitting my application with an LOE for the diploma and in future upload diploma.

Related to the proof of education query, I have read many answers wherein people were able to get it done with an LOE but recently from IMMTracker few people reported that lack of a diploma resulted in app refusal.(This set of people did not mention anything about LOE but just mentioned that app got refused.)

So, do you think I should go ahead with an LOE or on a safer end wait till I get a diploma?
Thank you.
In your case your have to write a LoE, include the transcripts and also ask your university to issue you a certificate of completion. Explain all this in LoE and there should be no problem.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Hope this helps.
@legalfalcon I wanted to thank you for the great work you are doing helping everyone with their case specific problems.

I have a question related to my case. Hope you can answer to put my mind at ease.
Couple of years back, I became a victim to immigration fraud by an agent who promised to process my application for MPNP. I gave all my original documents to him and he kept their copies. I eventually found out that he was defrauding me so I got rid of him. Now as I was filling the information for my FSW application, I answered “No” to the question which asked if I had applied for any federal or regional programs to Canada. My fraudster agent told me that he didn’t submit any application (which at that time he said he did). I have seen a lot of people here getting refusals and even bans for incorrectly answering this question. Even though I’m 99% sure that my application for MPNP didn’t go through but still have some doubt which is making me very anxious.

The status of my current application is:
Eligibility passed by the case agent, criminality passed, medical passed and there’s nothing that looks out the ordinary.
I’m 5 months into the process and I was wondering if there was an issue, would they have let me know ar the initial stage before the eligibility was met or is this something that could be looked at the later stage of the processing? As per my Gcms notes “Gcms/Foss search didn’t find any application”. Am I correct to assume that I never officially applied for immigration before my current application?

Thanks,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
HI. then do they calculate the cumulative hours as well ? Because in express entry, it is only month and year. But reference letters mention dates as weLL. So will they recheck that and then calculate the hours again? E.g. one of my employment is average 22 hours per week. So will they consider it only for 15 hours/week? My points will be reduced in that case and that would be a huge problem! Even 40 hours/ week employments will be considered for 30 hours. And that will reduce my hours even further! Am I understanding it correctly?
All IRCC care is that your should work full time and full time is considered 30 or more hours per week. Not sure what you are asking.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I wanted to thank you for the great work you are doing helping everyone with their case specific problems.

I have a question related to my case. Hope you can answer to put my mind at ease.
Couple of years back, I became a victim to immigration fraud by an agent who promised to process my application for MPNP. I gave all my original documents to him and he kept their copies. I eventually found out that he was defrauding me so I got rid of him. Now as I was filling the information for my FSW application, I answered “No” to the question which asked if I had applied for any federal or regional programs to Canada. My fraudster agent told me that he didn’t submit any application (which at that time he said he did). I have seen a lot of people here getting refusals and even bans for incorrectly answering this question. Even though I’m 99% sure that my application for MPNP didn’t go through but still have some doubt which is making me very anxious.

The status of my current application is:
Eligibility passed by the case agent, criminality passed, medical passed and there’s nothing that looks out the ordinary.
I’m 5 months into the process and I was wondering if there was an issue, would they have let me know ar the initial stage before the eligibility was met or is this something that could be looked at the later stage of the processing? As per my Gcms notes “Gcms/Foss search didn’t find any application”. Am I correct to assume that I never officially applied for immigration before my current application?

Thanks,
The statutory question asked if you have applied to IRCC before? The provincial application are handled by the respective Provincial ministries of each Province and not IRCC. Only after your receive a provincial nomination and the 600 points associated with it, you can then file your application with IRCC, until then you have not applied to IRCC.

Reactions: Psyoptica