+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon

I have received additional document request (imm5669 and military records). But from the letter I understood it is just wanted from dependent spouse (his name and UCI number shared in the letter.) So is it ok just to fill schedule A for spouse?

Even if we will schedule-A for my spouse do I need to sign it as primary applicant? Information is related to spouse but at the it says "declaration of applicant" and require sign...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,

I hope you are doing great in your life and achieving heights in your career.

I would like to share one great news with you as well as looking forward to receive some guidance from you regarding further steps. The great news is that recently I have became a Permanent resident of Canada after facing so many ups and downs. I want to thank you so very much for replying all my queries so far as well as every single piece of advice you gave me has been very helpful during my PR application.

So, I have applied for PR under two categories: a) PNP (MASTERS STREAM, Ontario) in August 2018, b) CEC (Express Entry) in October 2018. They approved my PNP application within 8 months which is so nice of them eventhough the approximate processing time is 19 months. Since I live in remote area and it was not possible for me to attend the landing interview in Etobicoke, Toronto so they decided to set up a phone interview with me for landing instead which went really very well. A couple days ago I have received my PR Card in the mail as well. Now I have a few questions regarding further steps I feel I should know beforehand.

1) Do I need any visa on my passport for travel purposes after getting PR Card OR is there any other formalities needs to be done from my side except updating my SIN number.

2) Is there any time period I need to pass before I sponsor my family (parents and brother) to Canada?

3) As I have mentioned I have received my PR through PNP so if I want to sponsor my spouse who lives in a different province of Canada, am I eligible to sponsor my spouse at all?

4) I have read some posts regarding changing the province after getting PR through PNP but still I am uncertain in future if I have to move to a different province (due to work location, family etc) am I allowed to move to a different province?

Looking forward to your answers. Thank you again!
First of all, heartiest congratulations on your perseverance and on getting your PR card. I am sure it much have been a great feeling and a sense of relief.

Also, thank you for your kind words.

1. After you have your PR card you do not need anything more. All you need to travel is your passport and PR card to renter Canada.
Apart from this, you will have to get a SIN. If you are in Canada, and had a SIN, you will still need to get an updated one after you become a PR.

2. No. As long as you meet the criteria for sponsorship, you can sponsor your family members.
To sponsor your parens and grandparents for a PR, you need to provide proof that you meet the income requirements for each of the 3 taxation years right before the date of your application.

But if this is for a supervise or a visitor's visa, you can do it immediately.

3. It does not matter where your spouse lives, be it in Canada, or outside Canada.

4. See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/understanding-provincial-nomination-pogram/

Hope this helps, if you have any further follow up questions, feel free to ask.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I have received additional document request (imm5669 and military records). But from the letter I understood it is just wanted from dependent spouse (his name and UCI number shared in the letter.) So is it ok just to fill schedule A for spouse?

Even if we will schedule-A for my spouse do I need to sign it as primary applicant? Information is related to spouse but at the it says "declaration of applicant" and require sign...
Irrespective of what information is asked, it has to be signed by the PA, as the PA is the applicant.

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Irrespective of what information is asked, it has to be signed by the PA, as the PA is the applicant.
I am confused now. Since it was a urgent request I asked same question to different platforms. One friend who received PR told me that as dependent he signed the form because of sharing his information.

joe2632

Jul 25, 2018
Qatar,from Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Dear All,
I am john here,I cleared my IELTS with 8777 score.I did my masters through Sikkim Manipal university.I have started evaluation through ICAS.Please guide me about how to continue my application.I am planning to give for express entry.Please help me by your valuable suggestions.

KBDK

Jan 9, 2019
When you add your spouse to your application, you will have to file updated PoF. And you can show your spouse's banks account and Fas in your spouse's name to meet the PoF.

When you submit documents that re in your spouse's name, you will have to also file a letter signed by your spouse that they do not have any objection in your using this funds for settlement in Canada, and that you have access to these funds.

This can be on a plain paper, does not have to be notarised.

To read more on PoF, see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/
Thank you

KBDK

Jan 9, 2019
Need your advise on something also.
My wife stayed in UK from 2004 to 2009 and we are in the process of procuring PCC from UK. Unknowingly, she overstayed her visa for some time. Can this have an impact on our application?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Need your advise on something also.
My wife stayed in UK from 2004 to 2009 and we are in the process of procuring PCC from UK. Unknowingly, she overstayed her visa for some time. Can this have an impact on our application?
If you get the PCC it is good, although IRCC asks for the details only for the past 10 years which will be from 2009.

KBDK

Jan 9, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

I thought so too, but in the request letter they have mentioned that they need PCC of countries where she has stayed for more than 6 months since the age of 18.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply.

I thought so too, but in the request letter they have mentioned that they need PCC of countries where she has stayed for more than 6 months since the age of 18.
It is generally mentioned age of 18 or past 10 years whichever is first. If they have only mentioned 18 years, then attach the PCC and hope they don't identify the overstay.

KBDK

Jan 9, 2019
When you add your spouse to your application, you will have to file updated PoF. And you can show your spouse's banks account and Fas in your spouse's name to meet the PoF.

When you submit documents that re in your spouse's name, you will have to also file a letter signed by your spouse that they do not have any objection in your using this funds for settlement in Canada, and that you have access to these funds.

This can be on a plain paper, does not have to be notarised.

To read more on PoF, see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/
I have a follow up question on this.

While uploading the updated POF,does the amount need to be the same as it was while submitting the application at the time of AOR , or it can be different but above the threshold limit of $15, 772.

NanaPrah

Nov 6, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon,
Thanks for all the help you are given here. I have a sister who is a chartered accountant in Ghana and is about to go through the express entry process. My question is should she send her transcript for the association of chartered accountant in Ghana ( ICAG) to WES for evaluation or she should send it to another institution for CPA here in Canada for evaluation before she opens her EE profile?
Thanks.

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
First of all, heartiest congratulations on your perseverance and on getting your PR card. I am sure it much have been a great feeling and a sense of relief.

Also, thank you for your kind words.

1. After you have your PR card you do not need anything more. All you need to travel is your passport and PR card to renter Canada.
Apart from this, you will have to get a SIN. If you are in Canada, and had a SIN, you will still need to get an updated one after you become a PR.

2. No. As long as you meet the criteria for sponsorship, you can sponsor your family members.
To sponsor your parens and grandparents for a PR, you need to provide proof that you meet the income requirements for each of the 3 taxation years right before the date of your application.

But if this is for a supervise or a visitor's visa, you can do it immediately.

3. It does not matter where your spouse lives, be it in Canada, or outside Canada.

4. See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/understanding-provincial-nomination-pogram/

Hope this helps, if you have any further follow up questions, feel free to ask.
Hello again @legalfalcon

As always the way you explain things is wonderful. Thanks for your answers. Unfortunately, the link you have attached with answer (4) seems like does not work nomore. Sorry! Can I again request you to please help me out to find out the answer for question (4). I highly appreciate your time. Thank you.