NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting.
Hello @legalfalcon,
The passport I applied with has expired and my application is still being processed. Should I email CIC my new passport or I wait for their request?
Thank you for you help

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
@legalfalcon ,
New to this whole world, I have a question, I get my AOR on 11th May, it took me a really long time to gather all the documents , especially PCC's total of 4 countries, on the 12th May I have checked all the PCC and I found out that one of them covers my stay from April to May 2014, then don't cover June July then covers October to Jan 2015.
I didn't notice the mistake until the 12th, I am ordering a new one that I should get on Monday, my question is:
Should I make a request for additional documents and upload them or should I wait ADR

KBDK

Jan 9, 2019
Hi legal falcon,

I am following this forum for some time and was hoping you could advise me on something .

I recently got married. I wrote an email to CIC on further steps to which they replied asking for additional documents for my spouse. That haven't specifically asked for updated proof of funds.

For my original POF , I had taken money in form of a gift deed from my father. Owing to my marriage , I had to use some of the funds. I am planning to cover the deficit from my spouse fixed deposits.

Will that be fine and acceptable by CIC?
Thanks

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Hello everyone!!

I had applied 5 months ago and ordered GCMS notes a month ago which showed that I have not attached the experience letters foloowing which I uploaded the

Hiee...I have attached the experience letters through web form and have also sent an email to CIC regarding the update...My application processing time last day is after 2 weeks ...any idea what is going to happen ?? Should I order GCMS notes again or should I call them to inform about the updates ?
wait for a week atleast before you order GCMS notes again....so basically atleast 2-3 weeks after your send CSE to see if they have attached it and any movement with fiel....

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello everyone!!

I had applied 5 months ago and ordered GCMS notes a month ago which showed that I have not attached the experience letters foloowing which I uploaded the

Hiee...I have attached the experience letters through web form and have also sent an email to CIC regarding the update...My application processing time last day is after 2 weeks ...any idea what is going to happen ?? Should I order GCMS notes again or should I call them to inform about the updates ?
Wait for sometime before you order your notes, atleast 1 more week.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon ,
New to this whole world, I have a question, I get my AOR on 11th May, it took me a really long time to gather all the documents , especially PCC's total of 4 countries, on the 12th May I have checked all the PCC and I found out that one of them covers my stay from April to May 2014, then don't cover June July then covers October to Jan 2015.
I didn't notice the mistake until the 12th, I am ordering a new one that I should get on Monday, my question is:
Should I make a request for additional documents and upload them or should I wait ADR
It might not effect till the time you have a valid PCC from the country where you stayed continuous for 6 months. However, if you have the corrected PCC you can raise a webform and update CIC about the change

Reactions: Casatoor

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi legal falcon,

I am following this forum for some time and was hoping you could advise me on something .

I recently got married. I wrote an email to CIC on further steps to which they replied asking for additional documents for my spouse. That haven't specifically asked for updated proof of funds.

For my original POF , I had taken money in form of a gift deed from my father. Owing to my marriage , I had to use some of the funds. I am planning to cover the deficit from my spouse fixed deposits.

Thanks
Yes, you can use your Spouse's funds as POF, attach a gift deed if the FDs of your spouse are joint with someone. For a family of 2 POF required are C$ 15,772

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legal falcon,

Thanks
When you add your spouse to your application, you will have to file updated PoF. And you can show your spouse's banks account and Fas in your spouse's name to meet the PoF.

When you submit documents that re in your spouse's name, you will have to also file a letter signed by your spouse that they do not have any objection in your using this funds for settlement in Canada, and that you have access to these funds.

This can be on a plain paper, does not have to be notarised.

To read more on PoF, see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ,
If you know that your documents should have something that they are missing, it is always advisable to send them via CSE instead of waiting.

so go ahead and send them via webform (CSE)

The requirements for PCC as per IRCC are:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.

Reactions: Casatoor

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,
The passport I applied with has expired and my application is still being processed. Should I email CIC my new passport or I wait for their request?
Thank you for you help
Renew your passport. IRCC will not send a request asking you to send the renewed passport. It is your responsibility to make sure that your passport is renewed and current.

Once you receive your renewed passport, send the scan of the passport via CSE.

Also, when your application is approved, that is when IRCC will ask yo for your passport, and your passport should be valid for at least 6 months or more for the PR visa stamp.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone!!

After you send ant documents via CSE, wait for 3-5 week. If you request GCMS notes before that, you may see an incoming correspondence showing the document, but they will not have been evaluated by an officer.

So wait at leats 3-4 weeks before you request GCMS.

You can also call IRCC and enquire if the documents have been added to you file.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lotttt Sir for your advise and making me understand my notes..... So its finally a review is pending from the senior officer..... Sir may i know that long it is going to take as i still have to pay RPRF and i also have completed 8 months sitting at IP2..... Any idea Sir..... Thanks a lot again.
The number of immigration officers is way less than the analysts.

So after an analyst review, the file is queued for review.

This is what many applications keep pending.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Dear Sir, I received an ITA in April and in my EE application I mentioned that I have an uncle who lives in Alberta and has PR. But unfortunately he is living with his son and he has no lease agreement or utility bill under his name. Is there any other documents that I can use to prove that he is physically present in Canada?
There are many documents, you can use his bank account statements, driving license, any bill or documents that has his address.

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hello @legalfalcon,

I hope you are doing great in your life and achieving heights in your career.

I would like to share one great news with you as well as looking forward to receive some guidance from you regarding further steps. The great news is that recently I have became a Permanent resident of Canada after facing so many ups and downs. I want to thank you so very much for replying all my queries so far as well as every single piece of advice you gave me has been very helpful during my PR application.

So, I have applied for PR under two categories: a) PNP (MASTERS STREAM, Ontario) in August 2018, b) CEC (Express Entry) in October 2018. They approved my PNP application within 8 months which is so nice of them eventhough the approximate processing time is 19 months. Since I live in remote area and it was not possible for me to attend the landing interview in Etobicoke, Toronto so they decided to set up a phone interview with me for landing instead which went really very well. A couple days ago I have received my PR Card in the mail as well. Now I have a few questions regarding further steps I feel I should know beforehand.

1) Do I need any visa on my passport for travel purposes after getting PR Card OR is there any other formalities needs to be done from my side except updating my SIN number.

2) Is there any time period I need to pass before I sponsor my family (parents and brother) to Canada?

3) As I have mentioned I have received my PR through PNP so if I want to sponsor my spouse who lives in a different province of Canada, am I eligible to sponsor my spouse at all?

4) I have read some posts regarding changing the province after getting PR through PNP but still I am uncertain in future if I have to move to a different province (due to work location, family etc) am I allowed to move to a different province?

Looking forward to your answers. Thank you again!