+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Dear Legal Falcon,

I applied for PR with non accompanying dependents. I recently received PPR and is about to send my passport for stamping. I would like to apply for my dependents for a visitor visa to Canada so that they can land in Canada during my soft landing.

After 2 weeks we plan to return and later i will be going to Canada permanently in October. I will apply for spouse and child sponsorship at a later stage and they will join me when they receive their PR.

MY question is - when i tried to apply for visitor visa for my wife through online, there is a question that "Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?"

Technically at the moment i am not a citizen or permanent resident. So what should i put there?

TIA

Anujbatta10

Dec 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2018
You can surely file your application fro visitor visa. It has no impact on the processing of your PR application. Each application is processed on its own merit.
Thanks @legalfalcon for your reply.

I also have a query regarding my PR application. I had interned for 3 months at a company in Singapore in 2015 on a Training Employment Pass. My occupation was Finance Intern and I was paid 800 SG $ per month. I had included these details in the forms of Personal history and Travel history in the PR application. I was confused whether I should have included these details in Work history also but decided against it as I did not have any specific roles and responsibilities. Instead, I included the Internship details in Educational history form but did not provide any documents.

I am afraid that the Visa Officer will see that I was in a foreign country for 3 months but will not have any supporting documents to verify it except for entry and exit stamps on my passport.

Should I raise a CSE now to provide a letter of explanation for that internship and provide the supporting documents including my Training Employment Pass?

My second query is that I have one work experience of around 4 months in job code NOC code 1111. My other work experience is in my current job which is for more than 1 year in NOC code 1112. I had all the relevant documents for both the jobs except for roles and responsibilities letter in the job with NOC code 1111. Although, I did not claim any points for the 4 months job in NOC code 1111, can the absence of roles and responsibilities letter delay or lead to rejection of my PR file?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited:

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
1) past WP refusals have no impact on your PR application.
2) This will depend on why your previous LIMA was refused. Did you try and get a reason or request GCMS for the LIMA?
3) You should address this in your LoE. Make sure that none of your applications filed in the past have different information. Be consistent and address all issues in the past.

For misrepresentation, it has to be material and one should benefit from it. So if you are not claiming points, then this will not be misrepresentation, however, you will have to address it for your application to look credible.
Thank you so much for your response!

Yes, I do have GCMS notes and they gave two reasons as below,
1) Firstly, officer wasn't convince that I had Fulltime supervisor experience during my full time education as it was overlapping with my education period and secondly I was supporting my LMIA WP application with these experience and officer couldn't verify these with all my prior submission.
2) In second application, he wasn't satisfy that I adequately meet job requirements of my prospective employment in Canada as well as my current employment situation in India.

I hope this would get clarify to answer my question below.
Currently I holding positive PR supportive LMIA from the same employer who had provided LMIA in the past. Should I go with this LMIA to apply for EE? wouldn't IRCC suspect about the authenticity of this Job offer? as it was consecutively three times with the same employer?

Awaiting your response.

Many Thanks in advance

krishna09

Jul 19, 2017
No need to worry. It your application was approved, IRCC will not cancel it. NDVO is the sluggish office and they take forever to reply to emails. This is because Indian applicants tend to flood the email inbox with useless queries. Just give it some time. Also raise a CSE and send another email to CPC -Ottawa.
Thanks a lot @legalfalcon . It helped me a lot to be relaxed. Anyway the GCMS notes should be coming by 10th of next month, let's see what will be there. Do they mention in GCMS note whether application is approved or not?

Lazy

Sep 5, 2017
1) You can get your PP renewed now and send it. It will have no impact. Only submit your current passport. However, before you send your passport, inform IRCC that your PP has been renewed.

2) You can use your current PP and get the CoPR and visa. No issues at all. Even when you renew your passport, all valid visas in your old passport remain valid. However, you will have to travel with both the passports. So you can send your current passport, get the visa and CoPR, then renew your passport and travel with both the passports with the PR visa in the old passport.

3) The visa expiry dates is tied to the Primary applicant's passport / medicals which ever is earlier.

You can chose as mentioned above. Either of them will work.

Thank you @legalfalcon for such a detailed response, I really appreciate you helping me out. I think I am going to go with option # 1, however, I am not sure how to tell IRCC about the renewal; there is no way to do so through myCIC website, so is there an email address I could use to send this information to IRCC? or a webform I could use to inform IRCC about the renewal?

I've also seen posts suggesting to include a photocopy of the previous passport (pre renewal passport on record with the IRCC) and an LoE when submitting the new passport (post renewal) and photographs to VFS. What's your take on this? TIA

Best,
Lazy

Alberta Semi Skilled

Jun 28, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2018
LANDED..........
26-09-2018
Hello Legalfalcon,

I hope you are doing good. My situation is kind of complex. So I applied express entry in July 2017 and I got GCMS notes which says Eligibility is under review required, Criminality is in process and security is blank. They asked me for additional documents 2 times already.
Then I have another paper file going on for PR after AINP since March 27th, 2017. I got married at March 28th, 2017 but I haven't updated them as I was thinking me and my spouse will get Express Entry earlier. In Jan I got RPRF request and then I notified them about marriage and paid fees for both of us. So my question is-
1). What are they checking in Criminality which is in progress or what is Criminality all about in express entry?
2). I haven't got medical request for my paper file yet but when I check online it said medical received. So can they use same medicals which me and my wife did for express entry? We did those in June 2017 so technically they are also over 6 months.

I am so worried and confused about what's going on with my files!!

funter28

May 20, 2015
Hi @legalfalcon, i just have received my cbsa notes and its clear from them I am in ss, although my wife security is not started yet. I was reviewing the documents submitted along with my application and was bit surprised to see in all of my documents my father name is censored and also my wife's father name is censored in all her documents. Kindly advise what could be the reason for it?

ktmktm

Nov 1, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon

I just received ppr ytd and I was asked to send all required documents to VO-Ottawa.

I’m currently in canada, however my spouse is in Hong Kong. We are both holding hk passport which is a visa-exempt country. So according to the instruction I only have to send both of our photos and photocopy of passport bio page. My question is, do I have to submit a request for change of VO for my spouse so he can submit the documents to his nearest VO? Or is it ok if I just ask him to mail me two photos and I will submit both our documents together to ottawa?

Thanks!

Last edited:

yusuf02

Feb 16, 2018
Hi Legalfalcon,

I requested for GCMS notes via getgcms.com on the 20th of March but i have not noticed any changes on my timeline.Although i have been sent a reference number from getgcms.com .I am just worried that there is an issue with the application because usually people talk about changes in ADR.
Thanks for always.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
yes, but that's not I am asking....Spouse would get SOWP and child will get visitors record at landing.....as child have visitor visa (V-1) stamped on his PP.....the question is should child name must be indicated as dependent on either my WP or SOWP? as his name is not indicated on my WP as dependent child....
No, a dependent child's name is not required to be endorsed on your WP or on your spouse's SWOP.

Reactions: jojee2k6

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legal Falcon,

I applied for PR with non accompanying dependents. I recently received PPR and is about to send my passport for stamping. I would like to apply for my dependents for a visitor visa to Canada so that they can land in Canada during my soft landing.

After 2 weeks we plan to return and later i will be going to Canada permanently in October. I will apply for spouse and child sponsorship at a later stage and they will join me when they receive their PR.

MY question is - when i tried to apply for visitor visa for my wife through online, there is a question that "Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?"

Technically at the moment i am not a citizen or permanent resident. So what should i put there?

TIA
You will become a PR, when you land in Canada as a PR and are allowed to enter after your CoPr is stamped, and you acquire the PR status. So the answer to the question will be No.

Reactions: astralsource

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon for your reply.

I also have a query regarding my PR application. I had interned for 3 months at a company in Singapore in 2015 on a Training Employment Pass. My occupation was Finance Intern and I was paid 800 SG $ per month. I had included these details in the forms of Personal history and Travel history in the PR application. I was confused whether I should have included these details in Work history also but decided against it as I did not have any specific roles and responsibilities. Instead, I included the Internship details in Educational history form but did not provide any documents.

I am afraid that the Visa Officer will see that I was in a foreign country for 3 months but will not have any supporting documents to verify it except for entry and exit stamps on my passport.

Should I raise a CSE now to provide a letter of explanation for that internship and provide the supporting documents including my Training Employment Pass?

My second query is that I have one work experience of around 4 months in job code NOC code 1111. My other work experience is in my current job which is for more than 1 year in NOC code 1112. I had all the relevant documents for both the jobs except for roles and responsibilities letter in the job with NOC code 1111. Although, I did not claim any points for the 4 months job in NOC code 1111, can the absence of roles and responsibilities letter delay or lead to rejection of my PR file?

Thanks a lot for your help.
There is no need for a CSE as any travel to a foreign country does not have to be elaborated.

If you claimed points for the work ex, it has to be in the work history, if not, then you can remove it from the work history to personal history. If a work experience is listed in the work history, then it has to be supported with the work reference letter which should have the following:

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

Reactions: astralsource

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for your response!

Yes, I do have GCMS notes and they gave two reasons as below,
1) Firstly, officer wasn't convince that I had Fulltime supervisor experience during my full time education as it was overlapping with my education period and secondly I was supporting my LMIA WP application with these experience and officer couldn't verify these with all my prior submission.
2) In second application, he wasn't satisfy that I adequately meet job requirements of my prospective employment in Canada as well as my current employment situation in India.

I hope this would get clarify to answer my question below.
Currently I holding positive PR supportive LMIA from the same employer who had provided LMIA in the past. Should I go with this LMIA to apply for EE? wouldn't IRCC suspect about the authenticity of this Job offer? as it was consecutively three times with the same employer?

Awaiting your response.

Many Thanks in advance
There will definitely be concerns, no doubt about it. Also your past applications will be opened and evaluated. If you can avoid the LIMA, that would be ideal, if not, then you will have to make sure that you address all concerns in the LoE and cover all bases before filing your application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot @legalfalcon . It helped me a lot to be relaxed. Anyway the GCMS notes should be coming by 10th of next month, let's see what will be there. Do they mention in GCMS note whether application is approved or not?
YEs, it will be clearly written.