+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

funter28

May 20, 2015
Hi @legalfalcon can you please comment on one section of my notes i ordered from getgcms. I want to figure out what is actually happening to my file. It's at NA2 stage since 30th July. Do you foresee any issue by analyzing below section. I can't find any 15 16 section under security. Thanks.

Text:
***AGENT REVIEW All .2*** Having analysed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the application: Al 1.2 decision: Met 75(2) FSW MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met SELECTION CRITERIA- FSW POINTS: Appears Met FSW points total: 81 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS points at invitation to apply (ITA): 415 CRS minimum score for round: 415 Current CRS score: 415 1 have reviewed information and documents for CRS points for the following: PA awarded points as married at ITA and APR PA awarded points for 3 year foreign work experience xyz. PA awarded points for Master's degree awarded in Canada. Spouse awarded points for Doctor of Medicine PA awarded bonus points for Canadian Education Primary Occupation: NOC 4012 with Submitted reference letter confirms applicant's employment in declared occupation throughout specified period, and describes duties which are consistent with NOC Skill Level A. Reference letter confirms full-time employment. .eDoc 165219300

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I sent you a PM on Friday. Did you get the chance to see it? I have to raise a CSE tomorrow, as suggested by you. Appreciate if you could please take a look. many thanks
Could you please resend it. I have 50 unopened messages in my inbox.

Reactions: Kestrel

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon what if there is no way to get the work ref letter? HR isn't issuimg one without managers approval, which I can't get cause I cannot tell them about this. I can't ask anyone I know in my new company (since two years) cause it will raise red flags and put me in a bad light if they knew I was pursuing the PR option. i have work ref letter for my previous company (4 years , 2011-2015, same noc).. What do I do? Please advise, thanks a lot in advance

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/got-pr-without-work-experience-reference-letter.531281/#post-6551180

If you cannot obtain the work reference letter then you will have to do the following:

1. Get the letter from your colleague, supervisor or anyone in the company who can write the letter for you on a plain white paper and then get the paper notarized.
2. Attach as many documents to support your employment. This can include offer letter, promotion letters, pay stubs, IT returns, etc.
3. Explain this in your LoE.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot Legal Falcon.. I only received the Golden PPR last Friday...:)
Aor May 17,2017 - PNP Outland
PPR - Dec. 01, 2017
Congratulations!! All the best for the journey ahead!

Reactions: ravelino

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for detailed and informative response. Though, our cases are not EE but I, as principle applicant, applied for 1 year LMIA-exempted Work Permit for Postdoc, with dependent spouse as Open Work Permit and dependent child's visitor visa. Would such cases go through same phases as of EE?

Secondly, It's clear now from 2) that both SOWP and visitor visa expiry (tentative date to land) would be either 1 yr or as per PP's validity, means after I land, both wife and baby they can arrive within 1 year, right? Normally either tentative period to travel is of 3 months, or 6 months, i.e. they can land within 3 months or 6 months, and then on landing their actual validity counter starts. Nonetheless, let's see. As applications are prolonged due to unexpected delays at VO.

Thanks again!
The processing for LIMA is different, and it will not have the same stages as that of EE.

In your case, since you will be on WP, dependent on OWP, and child on VV, there is no limit for when they can land. These visas are multiple entry and they can enter anytime during the validity of the visa.

Reactions: jojee2k6

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have an inquiry, I'm an FSW-O applicant, here's my timeline:

25 Aug - AOR
08 Sep - Meds Passed/IP1
12 Sep - NA
22 Sep - IP2
01 Dec - NA (Here my BG status changed from "We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information." to "Not Applicable").
According to my GCMS notes, I went into Security Screening on Sep 22, and on Dec 1st it changed to "not applicable" again.

From your experience, is this considered NA3? If so, how soon should I be expecting a PPR?

Many thanks
First of all there is no such thing as NA, IP etc. This are terms coined by some smart asses, and they have no reference to what stage you application is at. To read more on this see #4722

As regards security screening, all application go though security screening. The issue arrises whether you are under enhanced SS where your file will be stuck for months.

The 6 months processing for a EE application starts when the R10 is passed, NOT when you file or receive the AoR. Since you filed your application in August, you are well within the 6 months processing time and you will soon get the PPR as your security has started. You will see 4 SS activities in your GCMS notes before your application is approved.

Reactions: suede

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have a quick question on PCC. My friend hasn’t got ITA yet. But can he proceed to collect PCC document in advance??
For the PCC, IRCC states:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
  • Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.

If your fired has not receive the ITA, but has a good CRS, he can go ahead and obtain the PCC, but if he is unsure, there is no point getting the PCC now. Even after you get the ITA, you have 3 months to gather all your documents.

However, if the PCC that you need to obtain is from US FBI, which takes 2 months, then by all means go ahead and apply.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon can you please comment on one section of my notes i ordered from getgcms. I want to figure out what is actually happening to my file. It's at NA2 stage since 30th July. Do you foresee any issue by analyzing below section. I can't find any 15 16 section under security. Thanks.

Text:
***AGENT REVIEW All .2*** Having analysed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the application: Al 1.2 decision: Met 75(2) FSW MINIMUM
REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met SELECTION CRITERIA- FSW POINTS: Appears Met FSW points total: 81 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS points at invitation to apply (ITA): 415 CRS minimum score for round: 415 Current CRS score: 415 1 have reviewed information and documents for CRS points for the following: PA awarded points as married at ITA and APR PA awarded points for 3 year foreign work experience xyz. PA awarded points for Master's degree awarded in Canada. Spouse awarded points for Doctor of Medicine PA awarded bonus points for Canadian Education Primary Occupation: NOC 4012 with Submitted reference letter confirms applicant's employment in declared occupation throughout specified period, and describes duties which are consistent with NOC Skill Level A. Reference letter confirms full-time employment. .eDoc 165219300

Mate, whether you order from GET GCMS or not, I help everyone. I encourage people to use GET GCMS, as it is a non-profit service and the money generated is put in other projects. Also GET GCMS is the only service provided which is in compliance with all Canadian Privacy laws. See
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/gcms-notes-contain-vital-information-keep-safe/

Now, lets get to your issue:

Your note looks great and as per the the note your have cleared Eligibility (A11.2). Let me give you the breakup and what it means.

In the eligibility stage the following is evaluated:

When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if

• the applicant possesses the qualifications that they declared in their e-APR, and if the same is corroborated by the supporting documents filed; and
  • when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations.
The objective here is to review whether an applicant meets the program threshold and what the applicant claimed in his profile is true and correct. If there are any issues or concerns, the reviewing officer can send your application for further review. This may include an interview, extra document request etc. The officer also considers whether the application should be refused for not meeting the minimum requirements of the federal program or for misrepresentation.The eligibility focuses on two major factors:

a. Requirement to maintain Minimum Entry Criteria (MEC) – To meet the MEC, applicants must meet the program requirements of the federal skilled worker class (FSWC), the federal skilled trades class (FSTC) or the Canadian experience class (CEC). If an applicant’s situation changes in the time between when they receive an ITA and when they submit their e-APR to an extent they fall below the MEC, the application is refused under section A11.2.

b. Requirement to maintain the Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) – It is an applicant’s responsibility to ensure that his application meets the minimum CRS score. The CRS score is automatically recorded at the time when

• ITA is issued; and
  • e-APR is submitted.
At the time of the e-APR, both the CRS scores are compared and one of the following scenario plays out:

• If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply.
  • If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is lower than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will be refused under for not having maintained the qualifications that would justify the ITA.
If the applicant meets the requirements, of both, MEC and CRS, the eligibility is passed.

In your case,

The top line is the conclusion which says you have met the eligibility for FSW, "***AGENT REVIEW All .2*** Having analysed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the application: Al 1.2 decision: Met 75(2) FSW MINIMUM"

Appears Met SELECTION CRITERIA- FSW POINTS: Appears Met FSW points total: 81
This line pertains to the MEC. An applicant not only has to meet the CRS, but also the MEC as described above. To read on MEC see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS points at invitation to apply (ITA): 415 CRS minimum score for round: 415 Current CRS score: 415
This shows that as per the information you entered you got 415 points, and after reviewing the documents to was confirmed that you have 415 points.

1 have reviewed information and documents for CRS points for the following: PA awarded points as married at ITA and APR PA awarded points for 3 year foreign work experience xyz. PA awarded points for Master's degree awarded in Canada. Spouse awarded points for Doctor of Medicine PA awarded bonus points for Canadian Education Primary Occupation: NOC 4012 with Submitted reference letter confirms applicant's employment in declared occupation throughout specified period, and describes duties which are consistent with NOC Skill Level A. Reference letter confirms full-time employment. .eDoc 165219300

The above is the breakdown for how the points were awarded to you and after confirming it was found to be correct.

Hoe this helps!

Reactions: funter28

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
First of all there is no such thing as NA, IP etc. This are terms coined by some smart asses, and they have no reference to what stage you application is at. To read more on this see #4722

As regards security screening, all application go though security screening. The issue arrises whether you are under enhanced SS where your file will be stuck for months.

The 6 months processing for a EE application starts when the R10 is passed, NOT when you file or receive the AoR. Since you filed your application in August, you are well within the 6 months processing time and you will soon get the PPR as your security has started. You will see 4 SS activities in your GCMS notes before your application is approved.
Hi,
Based on my GCMS notes, I went into Security Screening on Sep 22nd, this is the same date my BG status said "We are processing your background check....", and on Dec. 1st it changed to Not Applicable.
I am just asking if I should infer from this that the SS is over. I already confirmed from my GCMS that I passed R10, Criminality, Medicals and Eligibility.

Thanks very much!

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First, an analyst will review the documents and make a recommendation. Then the officer will review the recommendation and make a final determination.

That you see is just the first stage. So no need to worry. “client information review required” simply means that the officer or an analyst needs to verify your work experience letters etc. and then your eligibility will finally change to passed.
So according to the gcms, the program assistant recommended pass right? I’m quite unsure about reading the note. Thanks a lot

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
@legalfalcon Please help with the following:

I am the principal applicant. We received the ITA on 6th September and submitted the EE application on 10 Oct 2017. My spouse's FBI PCC was not available and we wrote a LoE saying that we have applied for the FBI Certificate. My spouse has not spent 6 months in the US. His combined time spent in the U.S in all these years was a little over 3 months. Still, we were asked by IRCC to submit the FBI PCC as our previous EE application was rejected due to this.

IRCC sent an Additional Document Request (ADR) on 1st November giving us additional 60 days to submit the FBI PCC. The fingerprint application was received by FBI on 25 September. So we won't be able to get an FBI certificate by the deadline given by IRCC in the ADR i.e. the deadline: 1st January 2018. We are expecting to receive the FBI certificate by end of January.

You suggested that I should raise a CSE in the first week of December. I looked at your threads for FBI PCC and wrote the following explanation for the CSE:

Re: Case Specific Enquiry in support of [My Spouse’s name] application

Dear Immigration Officer:

I am writing to request that you please grant me further extension of another 60 days for theFederal Bureau of Investigation, U.S.A. (hereinafter “FBI”), police certificate required for my spouse, XX. This is because of the delay in processing by the FBI.

Upon receiving the Invitation to Apply (ITA) on 6 September 2017, I expeditiously got my Spouse’s fingerprinting done and dispatched his application requesting for a background check to the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division in Clarksburg, West Virginia, U.S.A. The background check application was dispatched on 25 September 2017 via Fed Ex express mail and was delivered at the FBI CJIS division on 26 September 2017. A copy of the FedEx express mail receipt, Fed Ex sales receipt, and the FBI request form is enclosed along with for your perusal.

I received the Additional Request for Documents from the IRCC on 1st October with the deadline of 60 days, i.e. till 1st January 2018 to submit the FBI Police Certificate.

My spouse emailed the FBI on 28 November 2017 to inquire about the status of his FBI PCC and received the following reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry,
We are unable to locate your request at this time.
The current processing time for an FBI Background Check is taking 12-14 weeks to complete from the date the request was received. It can take 12+ weeks for a request to clear our security process, so we are not able to see the request in our system until then.
At this time we are opening mail we received on approximately 08/22/2017. We are unable to verify the delivery of a package until it is opened. If you submitted your request by courier (Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS), please view their website to verify delivery.

Unfortunately, no requests can be expedited at this time due to the amount of work. All responses are mailed through the US Postal Service First Class Mail please allow standard mailing time (three weeks in the US and four weeks outside the US) to receive the response. There is no tracking number with the US Postal Service First Class Mail. Responses cannot be emailed.

When checking again for a status update, please be sure to supply your full name and date of birth.
Thank you,
Alicia
If you need further assistance please contact:

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division

Biometric Services Section

Customer Service Group

(304) 625-5590

Office Hours Monday-Friday

8:00am-5:00PM EST

identity@fbi.gov"

This means that we will be receiving the PCC somewhere in February as we live in Sri Lanka and it would take at least 4 weeks outside the US for the PCC to reach us.

In light of these extenuating factors, I request that please grant us another extension of 60 days for the FBI clearance Certificate, and as soon as it becomes available, I will forward the same.

If there is any additional information that would aid IRCC in considering this request, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you for your time and consideration of this request.

@legalfalcon Is this fine or should we add something else to this? Please guide! Many thanks!

Algabir

Dec 4, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon,

I received this from LVO today. Can you confirm what form is in question? And why are they asking for the age of 18 to present, isn't it normally from 18 or from 10 years whichever is sooner?

Thanks

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

 Schedule A complete from age of 18 to present

suede

Nov 16, 2015
Hello @legalfalcon,

Thank you for all the help you've given in this thread and the forum. I wish great blessings and good health to you and your loved ones!

I have a very simple question, I tried doing the research on my own and asked other forum members so as not to waste your time on a simple concern; but I was unable to arrive at a concise resolution so I am here hoping to pick your mind.

My spouse (main applicant) and I have already taken our IELTS and received our WES; our next step is to create our profile but we are a bit hesitant to do so since my wife's passport will be expiring on August 1, 2018. Some say that it is okay to create a profile since we can change our passport details anytime, but there are some who suggested to have our passports renewed before creating our profile since the profile will be locked in on a specific passport number.

I would like to know whats your take on this and/or if you have any suggestions.

Again, thank you for all your help, I seriously wish you all the best.