+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

newbie3315

Nov 6, 2015
legalfalcon said:
A past visa denial by itself is not a ground for rejecting your PR application. There are various reasons why a visa is rejected and by asking you about prior rejections, CIC only wants to figure out the reason why the visa was not issued. Only in cases where there was a prior history of visa fraud, immigration violations, criminal history etc. will it impact your current application. Since I am not aware why your visa was rejected, I cannot be specific. If it was because you did not meet the program requirements under which you applied, that will have no bearing on your current application. Even in cases where an immigration officer is not satisfied with the application, it does not affect subsequent application or your current application for PR in Canada.

However, make sure that you answer the question honestly and if you have an explanation, you can provide the same in a Letter of Explanation. If you do not know why your visa was rejected, just answer the question and do not state anything. CIC will figure it out on its own. You application might be scrutinized more rigorously, but if your documents are genuine, and all the information in your file is correct, you need not worry at all.

As regards Schedule A, not all applicants get it. It is on case to case basis. If the CIC is feels that there are certain gaps in your history they will ask you to fill in Schedule A.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks a lot LegalFalcon...honestly I don't know the reason till date...I thought of appealing at that time, but moved to Ireland in the same year so dint bother about it (never thought it will haunt me though)...What I thought was issue with a job offer letter which I attached with the application (this was however not mandatory to show job offer for such applications...not sure what I was thinking at that time) and might be the employer did not respond positively to the calls...this is only my assumption, bcoz there was no other way or chance to get a rejection, the file was perfect...

jetplane

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear LegalFalcon
I have just received my GCMS notes and am trying to decipher it. Would really appreciate if you can answer following questions -

i. I am a FSW-Outland candidate. Both me and my spouse have never even entered Canada. In the notes, for my spouse- RCMP screening is shown as - NRT.
However for me it shows the status as fingerprints required and then cancelled!
Any cause for concern?

ii. Security status current value reads 'Updated' - what does this mean? IS security completed?

Thanks a lot.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
legalfalcon said:
As per CIC you need the following:

The proof of funds letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), all account numbers with the bank, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.

So there is no need for each months account statement. Go to the bank manager and ask him to issue you a letter on the bank's official letter head. You can attach the monthly statements, but they are not required. You letter should look something like this:

ON OFFICIAL LETTER HEAD

[DATE]

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

[NAME], has a savings/checking account, which was opened on [DATE WHEN THE ACCOUNT WAS OPENED]. The account has a balance of [XXXXXX, IN WORDS ALSO], and an average quarterly/monthly balance of [•]. His account number is [•] and is active. He has no outstanding debt or loan with the bank and his account is unencumbered.

Sincerely,

Branch Manager
[SEAL]

If you have multiple account in different banks, you will need a letter from each bank.
Thank you very much ! - this helps... i completely missed this instruction :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
jetplane said:
Dear LegalFalcon
I have just received my GCMS notes and am trying to decipher it. Would really appreciate if you can answer following questions -

i. I am a FSW-Outland candidate. Both me and my spouse have never even entered Canada. In the notes, for my spouse- RCMP screening is shown as - NRT.
However for me it shows the status as fingerprints required and then cancelled!
Any cause for concern?

ii. Security status current value reads 'Updated' - what does this mean? IS security completed?

Thanks a lot.
I will need to look into the complete notes before I say anything. You can send me the notes and I will go over them and get back to you.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

Few questions on letter of experience from employer :

1. Can the reference letter be signed by HR representative @ my company ? - i.e. no mention of immediate supervisor details anywhere on my letter
The reason i ask is :
Instructions @ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp says : "and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company"
However, when you click on the information icon at the right side of the page where you upload your documents, the popup window says : "the signature of your immediate supervisor".

2. For this requirement : "company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address)" - my letter will have the company name, address and telephone number on the top right of the letter, but the company won't have an email address. The HR Rep who signs the letter will not have the email address below his/her name either......
I'm not really sure whose/what email address is needed to satisfy this requirement ?

3. Annual Salary :
We must include Annual Salary on this letter per the requirements. i have held two positions in my company over 6 years (one first and then one currently held) and hence, i have two sections of roles and responsibilities, 1 for each position/duration.
Salary varies year over year, so should we :
A. Mention only one single annual salary # at the beginning of the letter i.e. current annual salary ?
.. OR...
B. Mention one annual salary # for each position ?
- if Yes,, should salary be the 'last held salary during the tenure at each position'.... or... should it be average annual salary over the years at each?

Thank you !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sodapop123 said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

Few questions on letter of experience from employer :

1. Can the reference letter be signed by HR representative @ my company ? - i.e. no mention of immediate supervisor details anywhere on my letter
The reason i ask is :
Instructions @ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp says : "and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company"
However, when you click on the information icon at the right side of the page where you upload your documents, the popup window says : "the signature of your immediate supervisor".

Yes, the letter can be signed by the HR. The CIC instructions say that "title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company." The personnel officer is the HR manager.

2. For this requirement : "company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address)" - my letter will have the company name, address and telephone number on the top right of the letter, but the company won't have an email address. The HR Rep who signs the letter will not have the email address below his/her name either......
I'm not really sure whose/what email address is needed to satisfy this requirement ?

The requirement is that you provide an email address of the HR manager signing the letter or an email is of the company where CIC can contact if need be.

3. Annual Salary :
We must include Annual Salary on this letter per the requirements. i have held two positions in my company over 6 years (one first and then one currently held) and hence, i have two sections of roles and responsibilities, 1 for each position/duration.
Salary varies year over year, so should we :
A. Mention only one single annual salary # at the beginning of the letter i.e. current annual salary ?
.. OR...
B. Mention one annual salary # for each position ?
- if Yes,, should salary be the 'last held salary during the tenure at each position'.... or... should it be average annual salary over the years at each?

You can state in the latter that your current position is [X]. Provide details for it and then in another paragraph provide the previous positions. CIC is concerned with your current salary and not the entire record.
Thank you !
Hope this helps!

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017

mohit7700

Mar 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April
Doc's Request.
18th April
AOR Received.
14th April
Med's Done....
16th April
Passport Req..
26th october
hello legalfalcon,
i want to ask question.i just got ppr today.my wife is expecting and her due date is 25th november.so what should i do now?should i submit passports to VFS or inform cic regarding pregnancy?if yes ,what is the procedure of informing cic??

thanx in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
mohit7700 said:
hello legalfalcon,
i want to ask question.i just got ppr today.my wife is expecting and her due date is 25th november.so what should i do now?should i submit passports to VFS or inform cic regarding pregnancy?if yes ,what is the procedure of informing cic??

thanx in advance
This will depend on whether you are inland or outland applicant. In case you are inland applicant you don't have to do anything as your baby will be a Canadian citizen by birth.

However, if you are an outland applicant, and given that the due date is very close you will need to inform CIC. To inform the CIC you will need to send a Case Specific Enquiry <https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx>.

Also send an email to your local visa office at the email address given in your PPR.

nick1899

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Legalfalcon

I have already submitted a reference letter for foreign work ex (CEC Inland) few days back that had few job duties mentioned and also not the all positions held. However, there is no change in the tenure of my work experience on the letter for which points were gained.

So I am in the process of getting updated reference letter (same tenure with all positions included and few more duties also) from the same employer and then sending it through a Case Specific enquiry.

Do you think that should be fine? Will it be at all considered?

Please advice.

Thank you!

nick1899

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again Legalfalcon,

While filling e-APR, there was a question under my spouse' application - "Has this person ever used any other name?"
I entered no then.

Actually, I should have said "Yes". And given her name before marriage. So now I am thinking of sending a CSE attaching the marriage certificate again and her passport before marriage.

Will that be sufficient? Is it such a big issue that could lead to refusal?

Please advice.

Aln_mj

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi legal falcon,

i am april aor and reach the 6 mos mark and still dont have ppr. I applied thru a representative. They said no update with our pr apps. But i applied by my own my bowp and got approved yesterday. So i would like to ask if your bowp got approved is it a good sign that i will receive a positive outcome with my ppr?

anubhavsr

Sep 27, 2016
Hi legalfalcon,

Wanted to know if FSW candidates can start applying jobs in Canada after receiving ITA and is there a realistic chance of landing one?

babyblue09

Oct 2, 2016
Hello legalfalcon, I have been reading your steps. My med shows passed, bg in progress and got rcmp request. Which stage do you think I am now? I know that you dont work for cic, but any assumptions are good! Many thanks!

mohit7700

Mar 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April
Doc's Request.
18th April
AOR Received.
14th April
Med's Done....
16th April
Passport Req..
26th october
Hello sir ,
I want to ask u question.i am april 14 Aor fsw ouland VO ottawa.i got my ppr mail on 26 th october.in mail it was written dat i need to indorm cic about pregnancy also.So i submiited pasaports through chandigarh VfS on 28th october with cover letter stating expected date of pregnancy that is 29th november but due to some complication (twins) ,doctor performed the operation on 29th october only and my wife gave birth to baby boy and baby girl.now is everthink will be ok by CIC as i stated expected date 29/11and then it became 29/10 due to complication.now wat will be the procedure to add kids as mine and my wife passport are already with canadian embassy.??will they stamp ????