+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi, @legalfalcon I would like to get a response from you rather than a Chatgpt bot. I have an appointment booked for passport submission (in person). However, I was not asked for any payment yet. IRCC has asked me to submit all the relevant documents along without VAC passport transmission fee, which I do not have yet. Please advise what needs to be done. Is it ok to submit the documents with VAC passport transmission fee since I don't have one?

Also for confirmation, should I only submit the current passport only and not along with the expired passports?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi, @legalfalcon I would like to get a response from you rather than a Chatgpt bot. I have an appointment booked for passport submission (in person). However, I was not asked for any payment yet. IRCC has asked me to submit all the relevant documents along without VAC passport transmission fee, which I do not have yet. Please advise what needs to be done. Is it ok to submit the documents with VAC passport transmission fee since I don't have one?

Also for confirmation, should I only submit the current passport only and not along with the expired passports?
Sure, I can help you with that.

If you have an appointment booked for passport submission, but you have not yet been asked to pay the VAC passport transmission fee, you can still submit your documents without the fee. However, you will need to pay the fee within 10 working days of submitting your documents. If you do not pay the fee within 10 working days, your application will be returned to you.

You can pay the VAC passport transmission fee online or at the VAC when you submit your documents. You should only submit your current passport to the VAC. You do not need to submit your expired passports.

I hope this helps!

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019

Hi @legalfalcon Can you have your advice. Thank you in advance.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Sure, here are some things you need to know about submitting your passport to the VAC:
  • You will need to pay the VAC passport transmission fee at the VAC when you submit your documents. The fee is CAD $25.
  • You should only submit your current passport to the VAC. You do not need to submit your expired passports.
  • You should also submit a copy of your passport information page.
  • You should bring a copy of your appointment confirmation letter with you to the VAC.
If you have not yet been asked to pay the VAC passport transmission fee, you can still submit your documents without the fee. However, you will need to pay the fee within 10 working days of submitting your documents. If you do not pay the fee within 10 working days, your application will be returned to you.

Here are the steps on how to pay the VAC passport transmission fee at the VAC:
  1. Bring your passport and the VAC passport transmission fee to the VAC.
  2. Pay the fee at the VAC counter.
Once you have paid the fee, the VAC will send your passport to IRCC. IRCC will then process your application and you will be notified of the outcome.

I hope this helps!

gschostack

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
Hey @legalfalcon

When it comes to the periods that I was unemployed in my personal history. Is it necessary to provide any kind of additional information, or stating that I was unemployed is enough ?

Thanks

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hey @legalfalcon

When it comes to the periods that I was unemployed in my personal history. Is it necessary to provide any kind of additional information, or stating that I was unemployed is enough ?

Thanks
When applying to immigrate to Canada, you will need to provide a complete and accurate personal history. This includes information about your employment history, education, and any other relevant information.

If you have periods of unemployment in your personal history, you will need to provide an explanation for these periods. The immigration officer will want to know why you were unemployed and what you did during this time.

You may want to provide the following information:
  • The reason for your unemployment (e.g., you were laid off, you took a break to care for a family member, etc.)
  • What you did during your time of unemployment (e.g., you volunteered, you took classes, etc.)
  • How your unemployment has affected your skills and experience (e.g., you may have lost some skills, but you may have also gained new skills or knowledge)
The immigration officer will want to see that you have been proactive during your time of unemployment and that you have taken steps to improve your skills and experience. If you can demonstrate that you have done this, it will be less likely that your unemployment will be a major factor in the immigration officer's decision.

Here are some additional tips for explaining periods of unemployment in your personal history:
  • Be honest and transparent. The immigration officer will be able to tell if you are being dishonest, so it is important to be honest and transparent about your reasons for unemployment.
  • Be concise. The immigration officer does not have a lot of time to read your application, so be sure to be concise and to the point.
  • Be positive. The immigration officer wants to see that you are a positive and motivated person. Be sure to highlight your skills and experience, and to explain how you have used your time of unemployment to improve yourself.
I hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon

Thanks

In your personal history, all your activities should be covered, i.e., there should be no gap years. If you were unemployed for some time, you can simply specify as unemployed. No need for any explanations.

However, in your work history, only the work history for which you are claiming points should be included.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

I have an appointment booked for passport submission (in person). However, I was not asked for any payment yet. IRCC has asked me to submit all the relevant documents along without VAC passport transmission fee, which I do not have yet. Please advise what needs to be done. Is it ok to submit the documents with VAC passport transmission fee since I don't have one?

Let me get your question right. You are asking that you have an in-person appointment to submit your passport. But you have not yet paid your VAC transmission Fee.

Most likely you will be charged the fee when you attend in person and will also sign the paperwork. However, since each VAC is different based on the country you are in, you should call or email them for more clarification.

For passport submissions, you only have to submit your current valid passport. There is no need to submit expired passports. However, if you renewed your passport before the passport submission request came, and your new passport was not mentioned in your application, you will have to send a web form updating your passport.

If I got your questions wrong, let me know.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I have an appointment booked for passport submission (in person). However, I was not asked for any payment yet. IRCC has asked me to submit all the relevant documents along without VAC passport transmission fee, which I do not have yet. Please advise what needs to be done. Is it ok to submit the documents with VAC passport transmission fee since I don't have one?

Let me get your question right. You are asking that you have an in-person appointment to submit your passport. But you have not yet paid your VAC transmission Fee.

Most likely you will be charged the fee when you attend in person and will also sign the paperwork. However, since each VAC is different based on the country you are in, you should call or email them for more clarification.

For passport submissions, you only have to submit your current valid passport. There is no need to submit expired passports. However, if you renewed your passport before the passport submission request came, and your new passport was not mentioned in your application, you will have to send a web form updating your passport.

If I got your questions wrong, let me know.
Thank you @legalfalcon . I am from India and I am submitting my passport to New Delhi India.

jaspreet21

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
I'm a little confused here as I cannot understand where my application is stuck.
The tracker says all stages completed on 30th June with no COPR details and I've paid the RFRF in advance but my consultant said that Background check is still in progress.
So what should I make out this situation?
should I expect to receive the PPR soon or have to wait more ?

Reactions: markcm

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
I'm a little confused here as I cannot understand where my application is stuck.
The tracker says all stages completed on 30th June with no COPR details and I've paid the RFRF in advance but my consultant said that Background check is still in progress.
So what should I make out this situation?
should I expect to receive the PPR soon or have to wait more ?
Hi!

I understand your confusion. It can be frustrating when you are not sure where your application is at in the process.

The fact that your tracker says all stages completed on June 30th but you have not yet received your COPR could mean that your background check is still in progress. The background check is a security check that is conducted by the Canadian government to ensure that you are not a security risk.

If your consultant has told you that the background check is still in progress, then it is likely that this is the reason why you have not yet received your COPR.

It is difficult to say how long the background check will take. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

Once the background check is completed, your COPR will be issued and you will be able to come to Canada.

I would recommend that you speak to your consultant again to get more information about the status of your background check. They will be able to give you a more accurate estimate of how long it will take for the background check to be completed.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: jaspreet21

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
In your personal history, all your activities should be covered, i.e., there should be no gap years. If you were unemployed for some time, you can simply specify as unemployed. No need for any explanations.

However, in your work history, only the work history for which you are claiming points should be included.
That is correct. However, in your work history, you should only include the work history for which you are claiming points. This is because the immigration officer will only be interested in your work history if it is relevant to your application.

For example, if you are applying for a skilled worker visa, you will need to include all of your work history that is relevant to the skilled occupation that you are applying for. However, you can exclude any work history that is not relevant to the skilled occupation.

It is important to be consistent when providing your personal and work history. This means that you should use the same format and the same level of detail for both sections of your application.

jaspreet21

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
Hi!

I understand your confusion. It can be frustrating when you are not sure where your application is at in the process.

The fact that your tracker says all stages completed on June 30th but you have not yet received your COPR could mean that your background check is still in progress. The background check is a security check that is conducted by the Canadian government to ensure that you are not a security risk.

If your consultant has told you that the background check is still in progress, then it is likely that this is the reason why you have not yet received your COPR.

It is difficult to say how long the background check will take. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

Once the background check is completed, your COPR will be issued and you will be able to come to Canada.

I would recommend that you speak to your consultant again to get more information about the status of your background check. They will be able to give you a more accurate estimate of how long it will take for the background check to be completed.

I hope this helps!
Thank you @
Hi!

I hope this helps!
Thank you @Raptor33 i gave a call to IRCC today and they said the background verification is at the last stage and everything looks good and they shall contact me in case of any details if required. So i guess I gave to wait it our which is nothing but more frustrating. Thank you again

Reactions: markcm and Raptor33

markcm

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
AOR Received.
11-05-2023
Med's Done....
09-04-2023
Passport Req..
11-10-2023
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2023
Thank you @

Thank you @Raptor33 i gave a call to IRCC today and they said the background verification is at the last stage and everything looks good and they shall contact me in case of any details if required. So i guess I gave to wait it our which is nothing but more frustrating. Thank you again
This account @Raptor33 is a spam bot account. Don't rely solely on the information provided by it. Just mute it.