+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mokshshil said:
Thanks for your kind reply Rajkamalmohanram...

I meant the cases like me who have passed the 6 months processing timelines and waiting for PPR...

The call centre on Nov 18th said that all is complete and your VO is Ottawa and the email i received was from Ottawa office..

Was wondering whats happening and why the delay is happening...

The wait is killing... and feeling helpless...

if you can share what usually happens in such cases...

Does application gets rejected after 8 months? Y the delay is happening? and everytime they say its in queue to be picked up for the final reveiw, i have been getting that updates from october...

your views will be appreciated...please...
I am really sorry about the long wait. However, you are not alone. You can check the below thread and connect with other applicants who have been waiting for 6+ months.

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t317706.0.html

No, just because you have been waiting for 8 months doesn't mean your application is going to be rejected. Some applications take a very convoluted route.

I hope you get your PPR soon! Good luck and all the very best!

Mokshshil

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I am really sorry about the long wait. However, you are not alone. You can check the below thread and connect with other applicants who have been waiting for 6+ months.

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t317706.0.html

No, just because you have been waiting for 8 months doesn't mean your application is going to be rejected. Some applications take a very convoluted route.

I hope you get your PPR soon! Good luck and all the very best!
thank you very much for your kind words..

Hoping to get the ppr soon...all of us...

Mark.Whisly

Apr 14, 2016
Hello Asivad,

I am a Palestinian Refugee living in Egypt with a Travel Document for Palestinian Refugees. Given that I also have a regular Palestinian Passport issued by Palestinian Authorities, Can I apply as a skilled worker via Express Entry and file an eAPR application? (I have already received an ITA)

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
hey Asivad,
i want to ask a question, i received my Pr card and i am traveling to india next month. we only need PR card to travel outside canada?
do we need Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)?

Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
cheire said:
hey Asivad,
i want to ask a question, i received my Pr card and i am traveling to india next month. we only need PR card to travel outside canada?
do we need Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)?

Thank you
Permanent Residents of Canada do not need an eTA to travel to Canada. You can enter/exit Canada freely by carrying your PR card AND your foreign passport.

jtin

Nov 28, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Since roles and responsibilites are a very important part of your application, I would suggest you to send an e-mail to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your responsibilities, designation and education and they will get back to you with an appropriate NOC.
Hi raj thank you so much for your response. I have emailed them all of the information and a lot more but its been more than 2 weeks now. I have realized the NOC code 0213 wouldn't be the right one since its more for the departmental managers. Could anyone please suggest a NOC code more aligned for my work. What if I remove the technical work I did, would that be good for NOC 1221??

Thanks.

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes you can get that letter but what I said was it is u to the officer if the "gap" is acceptable or not as there are no clear instructions. Some officers might accept a few days gap in between and some might not. Discretion of the officer applies here.

Good luck!
In a letter I have tried to support their vague question from every possible aspect, could you read this and let me know if it is fine, I wonder if too many documents would make it worst but this is my last chance not to get rejected. Specifically I was fortunate to have sent them my pay stub before and now I am using it as my proof for including my unpaid vacation days.

"To support my application, in the attachment I have included an additional letter from my employer to further clarify my employment continuity, interval, and responsibilities. For the sake of integrity of my documents I have also included a certified translation of an official business certificate of my employer, the certificate is also available via this link.
In this cover letter I would like to explain my working contracts case:
I have worked for this employer for over three years. The interval that falls within the past five years since the date of the PT notification of interest from Ontario (Nov. 18, 2015) includes 1870 hours of part-time employment (20 hr/week) and 1680 hours of full-time employment (36 hr/week). In addition, as per the pay stub provided before, I had 24 days of owed vacation time, due to which my official employment end date was October 4th 2013.
It is worthwhile to note that as per the documents provided before, my contract had been renewed because I switched from part-time employment to full-time employment; however, there was no break in continuity of employment under the same NOC code and employer.
"

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I quit my job in April and I don't have a job since then. If I get an ita tomorrow, would being a jobless for 7 months with not much savings left, a bad impression for my application???? I am a CEC candidate.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Itsmee said:
Hi Asivad,

I quit my job in April and I don't have a job since then. If I get an ita tomorrow, would being a jobless for 7 months with not much savings left, a bad impression for my application???? I am a CEC candidate.

Thanks
Not necessarily. As long as you qualify for the program you are applying to and have the right documents, I believe you are good to go!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
GodLuck said:
In a letter I have tried to support their vague question from every possible aspect, could you read this and let me know if it is fine, I wonder if too many documents would make it worst but this is my last chance not to get rejected. Specifically I was fortunate to have sent them my pay stub before and now I am using it as my proof for including my unpaid vacation days.

"To support my application, in the attachment I have included an additional letter from my employer to further clarify my employment continuity, interval, and responsibilities. For the sake of integrity of my documents I have also included a certified translation of an official business certificate of my employer, the certificate is also available via this link.
In this cover letter I would like to explain my working contracts case:
I have worked for this employer for over three years. The interval that falls within the past five years since the date of the PT notification of interest from Ontario (Nov. 18, 2015) includes 1870 hours of part-time employment (20 hr/week) and 1680 hours of full-time employment (36 hr/week). In addition, as per the pay stub provided before, I had 24 days of owed vacation time, due to which my official employment end date was October 4th 2013.
It is worthwhile to note that as per the documents provided before, my contract had been renewed because I switched from part-time employment to full-time employment; however, there was no break in continuity of employment under the same NOC code and employer.
"
There is no "too many documents" once you have received a PFL. You can provide all the documentation you have to prove your case.

Though you have mentioned your work experience by calculating it at 20/26 for Part-time/Full-time work experience, I believe the officer might calculate it at 15/30 hours per week PT/FT respectively.

Could you please list all the documents that you are submitting?

123pinoy

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-Jun-2016
AOR Received.
04-Aug-2016 (CIC AOR)
Med's Done....
01-Jul-2016
i am waiting for PPR..
i live and work in another country..
is it ok to resign as of today and move back to my country? no effect on my application?

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
There is no "too many documents" once you have received a PFL. You can provide all the documentation you have to prove your case.

Though you have mentioned your work experience by calculating it at 20/26 for Part-time/Full-time work experience, I believe the officer might calculate it at 15/30 hours per week PT/FT respectively.

Could you please list all the documents that you are submitting?
Thank you for your kind reply,
I had formerly sent with my application:
two pay-stubs (one month from the part time one month from the full time)
two contracts
two letter of reference (including responsibility, hours of work and payment rate)
a cover letter pointing that the work has been continuous

This time I will add:
1-a new letter of reference highlighting the fact that the work has been continuous although under two connected contracts, with new list of responsibilities (more detailed), and with the statement of the unpaid vacation time pointing to the formerly sent pay-stub.
2- business license of the company (translated)
3- a cover letter including what I posted earlier here

As you might notice the issue is most probably that 15/30 counting and that's why I am taking the risk to point out my vacation time because it was not mentioned in my application. Cause this is the only thing I should have add but didn't.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
GodLuck said:
Thank you for your kind reply,
I had formerly sent with my application:
two pay-stubs (one month from the part time one month from the full time)
two contracts
two letter of reference (including responsibility, hours of work and payment rate)
a cover letter pointing that the work has been continuous

This time I will add:
1-a new letter of reference highlighting the fact that the work has been continuous although under two connected contracts, with new list of responsibilities (more detailed), and with the statement of the unpaid vacation time pointing to the formerly sent pay-stub.
2- business license of the company (translated)
3- a cover letter including what I posted earlier here

As you might notice the issue is most probably that 15/30 counting and that's why I am taking the risk to point out my vacation time because it was not mentioned in my application. Cause this is the only thing I should have add but didn't.
Okay! Hopefully, you get your nomination very soon!

Wish you good luck and all the very best!

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
hello

i got an email yesterday from CIC on email address which i never used for immigration
this is the email
this is very strange because i got my PR card in August and never used this email address for immigration
if anybody knows anything about this??

Thank you

EMAil which i received

Our records show that you may be a permanent resident (PR) of Canada. This email is a reminder that you must present your valid Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada.

Canadian permanent residents who do not present a valid PR card or PRTD may be denied boarding their flight to Canada for not having the appropriate travel documents.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your PR card is still valid when you return from travel outside of Canada. The expiry date is printed on the card. If your PR card is expired or will expire within six months, you should apply now to renew your card.

If you are in Canada and do not currently have a permanent resident card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident card.
If you are outside of Canada and do not have a PR card or your card is expired, find out how to apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD).

Plan ahead and check the processing times to receive a valid PR card or PRTD before your next international trip.

Please note that if you believe you no longer meet Canada’s permanent residency requirements, your permanent resident status must be resolved before you can apply for a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). For example, if you choose to give up (renounce) your permanent resident status, you can then apply for an eTA or a visa. Learn more about your residency requirements and your options as a permanent resident of Canada.

We encourage you to share this information with your family and friends as we want to avoid Canadian permanent residents experiencing travel delays because they don’t have the appropriate travel document to board a flight to Canada.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada