Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:

Short Answer:

Yes you can.

Long Answer:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html;msg5532010#msg5532010
Thank you Sir !

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
See, "continuous" experience is subjective and it all depends on the officer who assess your case. Some officers might be lenient enough to consider a week's gap while others might not even consider a gap of one day.

Could you please explain more about your situation. Which stream did you apply under? I am also assuming when you say Procedural Fairness Letter, you received it from OINP.
I applied for human capital priorities. unlike express entry they do not look back for 10 years, but rather only work experience from 5 years before the date of PT interest letter from Ontario is acceptable. I am still doubtful whether the issue is the hours from that date and then the continuous thing or it is pointing even to my responsibilities and questioning the whole work under the NOC Code. Anyhow, if they count only 15 hours of my part time work then do you think they can not accept the fact that my two contracts are actually same job just with an increase in working hours and changing from part time to full time in the second contract? Isn't that continuous job :( what if for the sake of safety I add the payments that I received after I left the job, to cover for the lacking week? This is sth unfortunately I haven't mentioned in my submitted application. I am confused really confused. Is their sentence only pointing out the continuous issue? or they are making a general vague question:
"The information gathered from the application and other supplementary evidence indicates that you may not have a minimum of one year of continuous employment in the specified NOC occupation."

I can upload my docs here if it helps you figure out.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
GodLuck said:
I applied for human capital priorities. unlike express entry they do not look back for 10 years, but rather only work experience from 5 years before the date of PT interest letter from Ontario is acceptable. I am still doubtful whether the issue is the hours from that date and then the continuous thing or it is pointing even to my responsibilities and questioning the whole work under the NOC Code. Anyhow, if they count only 15 hours of my part time work then do you think they can not accept the fact that my two contracts are actually same job just with an increase in working hours and changing from part time to full time in the second contract? Isn't that continuous job :( what if for the sake of safety I add the payments that I received after I left the job, to cover for the lacking week? This is sth unfortunately I haven't mentioned in my submitted application. I am confused really confused. Is their sentence only pointing out the continuous issue? or they are making a general vague question:
"The information gathered from the application and other supplementary evidence indicates that you may not have a minimum of one year of continuous employment in the specified NOC occupation."

I can upload my docs here if it helps you figure out.
This issue is most certainly not related to NOC. This is related to the work experience being non-continuous.

How many years of work experience did you claim points for? Ideally, if you are working s part-time job, you should work at least 24 months (calculated at 15 hours per week) for your work experience to be considered equivalent to "one year full-time continuous work experience", IMO. Also, please check how much work experience you have accumulated in total (calculating your work at 15 hours per week).

Like I already said, it is up to the officer to decide if the gap between work experience is accepted or not. S/he decides what "continuous" means.

What you can try doing is write a very polite letter to the officer and outline your situation. You can tell them that you were waiting to join the other company and you only had a gap of XX days between jobs. You can include any communication from the other employer during the time of your unemployment between jobs.

Wish you good luck!

Amit1529

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Dec-2016
Doc's Request.
08-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have received an ITA and am in the process of collecting all the documents required for submitting my PR application.
However, my IELTS will be 2 years old on 13th December.

May you please suggest if I need to write the IELTS tests again if I could n't submit my application before 13th December.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Amit1529 said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have received an ITA and am in the process of collecting all the documents required for submitting my PR application.
However, my IELTS will be 2 years old on 13th December.

May you please suggest if I need to write the IELTS tests again if I could n't submit my application before 13th December.

Thanks
Yes, if you are the primary applicant, you would have to write the test again if you aren't able to submit the application before the test results expire. If you are the dependent, then you might or might not have to re-take the test depending on your CRS.

PS : IELTS is optional for dependent.

GodLuck

Nov 22, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
This issue is most certainly not related to NOC. This is related to the work experience being non-continuous.

How many years of work experience did you claim points for? Ideally, if you are working s part-time job, you should work at least 24 months (calculated at 15 hours per week) for your work experience to be considered equivalent to "one year full-time continuous work experience", IMO. Also, please check how much work experience you have accumulated in total (calculating your work at 15 hours per week).

Like I already said, it is up to the officer to decide if the gap between work experience is accepted or not. S/he decides what "continuous" means.

What you can try doing is write a very polite letter to the officer and outline your situation. You can tell them that you were waiting to join the other company and you only had a gap of XX days between jobs. You can include any communication from the other employer during the time of your unemployment between jobs.

Wish you good luck!
Thank you for the reply. As I mentioned I did not change my company! I only signed a new contract, without any gaps. I will ask the company to both state my whole period of employment plus the unpaid vacation time after I discontinued the job which will cover my remaining 20 days for a 1 year of full time employment.
(none of my part time/full time works are 24/12 month, but rather some days less)
So concluding your points regardless of hours of part time work, it should cover at least 24 months? and be at least 15 hr/week during this period?

jtin

Nov 28, 2016
Hi guys I have an urgent query. I am super confused about my NOC code so please help me.

I have 1 year of work experience now in Canada as a Junior Project Manager in a firm which primarily is in Industrial emissions monitoring. So we supply emission monitoring analyzers to industries. My job responsibilities are as follows:

- To meet clients and ensure requirements and performance needs of the project are met within schedule and budget.
- Review project budget based on original cost estimate sheets and ensure project procurement phase is completed
- Allocate resources to meet project schedule milestones and deadlines
- To identify, develop and maintain company's engineering service capability for projects.
- Ensure engineering specifications are made and submitted for customer review according to schedule
- Review and ensure engineering drawings are 100% accurate for on-site installation
- Review the proposals for engineering and technical requirements
- Review and submit documentation including QA Manuals to the scheduled timeline
- Demonstrate ownership of Engineering and Project Management Functions in all activities
- Review and advise ISO Procedures and process changes as necessary

I had to make sure the client site had all the electrical requirements available for the analyzers to help ease the installation and commissioning process. Now the job responsibilities closely match with the NOC code 0211, but under the employment requirements it says bachelor's degree of engineering is required (which I have) and extensive engineering experience is required (I don't have). This is my first job here and I am not claiming any points for my previous work experience which was barely 10 months. I have emailed the hrsdc email address but haven't heard back from them and it's been 2 weeks. Could someone please help and guide me for the appropriate NOC code.

Thanks in advance!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
GodLuck said:
Thank you for the reply. As I mentioned I did not change my company! I only signed a new contract, without any gaps. I will ask the company to both state my whole period of employment plus the unpaid vacation time after I discontinued the job which will cover my remaining 20 days for a 1 year of full time employment.
(none of my part time/full time works are 24/12 month, but rather some days less)
So concluding your points regardless of hours of part time work, it should cover at least 24 months? and be at least 15 hr/week during this period?
Yes you can get that letter but what I said was it is u to the officer if the "gap" is acceptable or not as there are no clear instructions. Some officers might accept a few days gap in between and some might not. Discretion of the officer applies here.

Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
deepgill said:
Hi Asivad and all,

I have a query about upfront medical. My points are 1024 and I will get ITA next draw. My husband went for upfront medical on Friday. Panelist doctor chosen Family-EDE for my husband upfront medical type. They said this is what they do for PR candidates.

Is this the right category for him? Exam conducted were 501, 502, 707 and 712.

What category I should go for as a primary applicant?

Regards
The category isn't seem to be causing problems lately. There were issues last year but I believe IRCC has corrected this issue.

And yes, the exams conducted are correct.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jtin said:
Hi guys I have an urgent query. I am super confused about my NOC code so please help me.

I have 1 year of work experience now in Canada as a Junior Project Manager in a firm which primarily is in Industrial emissions monitoring. So we supply emission monitoring analyzers to industries. My job responsibilities are as follows:

- To meet clients and ensure requirements and performance needs of the project are met within schedule and budget.
- Review project budget based on original cost estimate sheets and ensure project procurement phase is completed
- Allocate resources to meet project schedule milestones and deadlines
- To identify, develop and maintain company's engineering service capability for projects.
- Ensure engineering specifications are made and submitted for customer review according to schedule
- Review and ensure engineering drawings are 100% accurate for on-site installation
- Review the proposals for engineering and technical requirements
- Review and submit documentation including QA Manuals to the scheduled timeline
- Demonstrate ownership of Engineering and Project Management Functions in all activities
- Review and advise ISO Procedures and process changes as necessary

I had to make sure the client site had all the electrical requirements available for the analyzers to help ease the installation and commissioning process. Now the job responsibilities closely match with the NOC code 0211, but under the employment requirements it says bachelor's degree of engineering is required (which I have) and extensive engineering experience is required (I don't have). This is my first job here and I am not claiming any points for my previous work experience which was barely 10 months. I have emailed the hrsdc email address but haven't heard back from them and it's been 2 weeks. Could someone please help and guide me for the appropriate NOC code.

Thanks in advance!
Since roles and responsibilites are a very important part of your application, I would suggest you to send an e-mail to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca with your responsibilities, designation and education and they will get back to you with an appropriate NOC.

Mokshshil

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
Dear Asivad Anac,

Hello All,

I am an fsw outland applicant. Aor March 30th.bgc in progress since 16th August.

I have ordered GCMS notes on 20th Nov and it will take time fr me to receive d same.

Since last 1 month I hve been constantly trying to follow up my vo ottawa.

Call centre said watever information we need we hve it and all seems fine and complete and it's a matter if time they pick up your file and review...

I dropped 2 emails in last 2 weeks to Ottawa and received the following response... They seemed bit irritated... Can anyone share there experience or views on what exactly this means. Thanks in advance

Dear applicant,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for a review by an officer. While we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion. At this time, there is nothing that is required on your part. Please note that our office will no longer be able to provide a response to status requests for this application, but please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Sincerely,

Are they really irritated or the above communication mean that my file is getting transferred to local VO?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mokshshil said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

Hello All,

I am an fsw outland applicant. Aor March 30th.bgc in progress since 16th August.

I have ordered GCMS notes on 20th Nov and it will take time fr me to receive d same.

Since last 1 month I hve been constantly trying to follow up my vo ottawa.

Call centre said watever information we need we hve it and all seems fine and complete and it's a matter if time they pick up your file and review...

I dropped 2 emails in last 2 weeks to Ottawa and received the following response... They seemed bit irritated... Can anyone share there experience or views on what exactly this means. Thanks in advance

Dear applicant,

Thank you for your e-mail. Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for a review by an officer. While we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion. At this time, there is nothing that is required on your part. Please note that our office will no longer be able to provide a response to status requests for this application, but please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Sincerely,

Are they really irritated or the above communication mean that my file is getting transferred to local VO?
Cannot tell if your file has been transferred by looking at what appears to be an e-mail written by a person who is annoyed. You can see if your file has been transferred to the LVO once you receive your GCMS notes.

Mokshshil

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Cannot tell if your file has been transferred by looking at what appears to be an e-mail written by a person who is annoyed. You can see if your file has been transferred to the LVO once you receive your GCMS notes.
any idea what happens in such cases as per your experience?

its 8 months now...

:'(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Mokshshil said:
any idea what happens in such cases as per your experience?

its 8 months now...

:'(
What do you mean by "such cases"? Your file might most likely have been in the LVO for a long time now. 8 months is a long time.

Mokshshil

Star Member
Nov 9, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
What do you mean by "such cases"? Your file might most likely have been in the LVO for a long time now. 8 months is a long time.
Thanks for your kind reply Rajkamalmohanram...

I meant the cases like me who have passed the 6 months processing timelines and waiting for PPR...

The call centre on Nov 18th said that all is complete and your VO is Ottawa and the email i received was from Ottawa office..

Was wondering whats happening and why the delay is happening...

The wait is killing... and feeling helpless...

if you can share what usually happens in such cases...

Does application gets rejected after 8 months? Y the delay is happening? and everytime they say its in queue to be picked up for the final reveiw, i have been getting that updates from october...

your views will be appreciated...please...