Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hi..I will appreciate if somebody could let me know the approximate time taken for the security check of a non accompanying spouse with active military service.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Dear Seniors Asivad, STANLEE, ISTARI and others,

**Sorry for cross-posting**

Dear All,

I am in pursuance to ECA from WES and after that will create profile in EE. I had completed my Secondary onward Masters from Pakistan and PhD from Italy.

Strange issue, I just noticed, a conflict in the last name of my deceased father:
  • Educational diplomas and transcripts (from Secondary onward Master's diploma), Father's Name: IKRAM HUSSAIN
  • My legal docs (CNIC, NICOP, Passport), Father's Name: MUHAMMAD IKRAM
  • My Father's CNIC and Death Certificate, same adheres: i.e. MUHAMMAD IKRAM
  • On My PhD diploma, Italian documents and residence permit: NO Father Name is mentioned

I have applied for WES ECA from Secondary onward PhD, currently under process.

As I am in Italy now, I have to go to Pakistan for following two plausible solutions to resolve this Name conflict:

• I should get modified my all educational documents from Secondary onward Masters from Pakistan first, which is quite a hectic and will take 6-8 months at-least. Even though, If I get it done from Pakistan, from Italy I need to update my uni records, or to inform legal authorities for updating records in my residence permit database, though on italian residence permit, no father name is mentioned
  • As father is deceased, so I have to obtain a COURT ORDER to modify deceased father's name, and then apply for my modified CNIC, NICOP and Passport, which is also a big challenge considering long duration, hectic process, court and lawyer and I am here in Italy, etc.

My Questions are:

• Is there a solution, by which I don't need to go through above plausible solutions?
  • Would WES raise an error against that conflict or it won't effect my ECA Report (as ultimately, I will get PhD equivalent, and on PhD diploma no Father's name is written, Moreover on ECA Report Father's Name is not mentioned (I checked sample reports from slideshare.?
  • If NO issue in WES ECA and I get ECA results, would it be a problem of 'father's LastName conflict' after ITA (during Post-ITA or in any further stage during whole immigration problem)? I mean if there's a way to bypass this now and later I provide a kind of self-certification? I don't know...

As my father's name matches with my legal documents, his CNIC and also his death certificate, but issue is on educational documents (from Matric to Masters Degree), considering PhD diploma don't contain father name as well.

I kindly ask you to enlighten me with your expert advice. Any one from Pakistan would have faced similar type of issue would be appreciated to assist as well.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Best Regards!

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
apache5021 said:
Hi..I will appreciate if somebody could let me know the approximate time taken for the security check of a non accompanying spouse with active military service.
Hi,
the answer to your question would be pure speculation. Every case is different so that the time taken for the security check.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot2Cold said:
You will definitely need an ETA. See the below link for ETA requirements. You are not yet a Permanent Resident, so you will require an ETA to travel.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/visit/eta.asp

See if you need an ETA here. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
You're wrong.

CIC says:
"I have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and will travel to Canada. Do I need an eTA?

No. If you are from a visa-exempt country and have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document, you do not need an eTA.

If you are from a visa-required country, you are not eligible for an eTA. You have been issued a permanent resident visa in your passport for your travel to Canada."

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
istari said:
You're wrong.

CIC says:
"I have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) and will travel to Canada. Do I need an eTA?

No. If you are from a visa-exempt country and have been issued a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document, you do not need an eTA.

If you are from a visa-required country, you are not eligible for an eTA. You have been issued a permanent resident visa in your passport for your travel to Canada."
Happy to accept that I am wrong, but if you read the link you have provided, the next statement (in the green info box) in the link contradicts the opening statement of not needing an ETA.

Please read carefully again. I would rather be wrong than let someone be turned back from the airport. Best thing would be to check with the embassy/consulate in your country and/or the airline you will use.

New entry requirement now in effect

Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Hot2Cold said:
Happy to accept that I am wrong, but if you read the link you have provided, the next statement (in the green info box) in the link contradicts the opening statement of not needing an ETA.

Please read carefully again. I would rather be wrong than let someone be turned back from the airport. Best thing would be to check with the embassy/consulate in your country and/or the airline you will use.

New entry requirement now in effect

Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.
since you landed yourself as mentioned in your timeline, did you apply for eTA prior to landing?
BTW the CoPR IS the the permanent residency, not the PR card

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hot2Cold said:
You will definitely need an ETA. See the below link for ETA requirements. You are not yet a Permanent Resident, so you will require an ETA to travel.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/visit/eta.asp

See if you need an ETA here. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
istari said:
You're wrong.

CIC says:

maged_mmh said:
since you landed yourself as mentioned in your timeline, did you apply for eTA prior to landing?
sqid.madoma said:
Hello,

I have my CopR and I am travelling back to Canada by air.

I am from a visa exempted country, do I need to apply for the ETA?

Thanks in advance.
If you have already landed, activated your Permanent Residence, traveled to another country without your PR card and now you want to come back to Canada on a commercial vehicle -

1) You MUST have a PR card.

2) If you do NOT have a PR card, you MUST apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) from the Canadian Embassy in the country that you are in.

3) Without either PR card OR the PRTD, you cannot travel to Canada on a commercial airliner.

People who have a valid visa (this includes the PR visa) OR people who are already PRs do not need an eTA. People with a COPR (irrespective of whether they are visa exempt or not) do not need an eTA as well from what I know.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
maged_mmh said:

1. I am not from a Visa exempt Country, so I had a Visa on my passport when I landed.
2. Sorry, COPR IS NOT permanent residency. It is exactly what it says "Confirmation of Permanent Residency". You get Permanent Resident status once you land, not before.
3. The ETA exemption is only up to November 9. If you are flying before that date, then you do not need an ETA. After that it will become necessary.
4. Once you land and get PR status then you do not need any visa or ETA to travel to Canada - regardless of whether you are from a Visa exempt country or not.
5. While the PR card is the not the Permanent Residency (as PR is just a status), you will not be able to enter Canada without a VALID PR card (or a PRTD in lieu of it).

The question was whether the visa exempt national requires an ETA. The short answer is: No until November 9, Yes after that. Its the person's choice whether he/she wants to take it or not. If it were me, I'd take it. It's only $7, and I will pay that rather than be turned back at the airport.

subic85

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
Dear seniors,

May I request you to go through my post and respond. We are in a situation and need some clarity.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/informing-about-pregnancy-post-ppr-primary-applicant-t457109.0.html;msg5509001#msg5509001

Thanks

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Urgent help!

I've submitted my application to CIC and got AOR.
Today I realized that my signature in my passport (which I signed in IELTS exam session) was my first signature but I signed CIC forms with my name in English.
Does it have any problem?
what should I do now?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Hot2Cold said:
1. I am not from a Visa exempt Country, so I had a Visa on my passport when I landed.
2. Sorry, COPR IS NOT permanent residency. It is exactly what it says "Confirmation of Permanent Residency". You get Permanent Resident status once you land, not before.
3. The ETA exemption is only up to November 9. If you are flying before that date, then you do not need an ETA. After that it will become necessary.
4. Once you land and get PR status then you do not need any visa or ETA to travel to Canada - regardless of whether you are from a Visa exempt country or not.
5. While the PR card is the not the Permanent Residency (as PR is just a status), you will not be able to enter Canada without a VALID PR card (or a PRTD in lieu of it).

The question was whether the visa exempt national requires an ETA. The short answer is: No until November 9, Yes after that. Its the person's choice whether he/she wants to take it or not. If it were me, I'd take it. It's only $7, and I will pay that rather than be turned back at the airport.
so this means you need both CoPR and a visa to land?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Marooned said:
Urgent help!

I've submitted my application to CIC and got AOR.
Today I realized that my signature in my passport (which I signed in IELTS exam session) was my first signature but I signed CIC forms with my name in English.
Does it have any problem?
what should I do now?
doesn't matter

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
maged_mmh said:
so this means you need both CoPR and a visa to land?
Yes. Everyone needs a Visa and a COPR to land (unless the applicant is from a visa exempt country, in which case, the applicant would be landing with his foreign passport and COPR alone from what I know).

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes. Everyone needs a Visa and a COPR to land (unless the applicant is from a visa exempt country, in which case, the applicant would be landing with his foreign passport and COPR alone from what I know).
when we send our passports, do they come back with both? or we need to apply for visa separately?