+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
123pinoy said:
hi, can I get advise on my scenario:

1. Filipino, Married first wife in Philippines
2. Divorced 1st wife in Singapore (both of us are singapore PR and domiciled in Singapore for 8yrs)
3. Married current wife last year in Singapore

I am already nominated by a province and in the CIC stage.. will there be any issues?

Im asking since in PHilippines - they do not recognize my divorce. Whereas in Singapore, what I did is all legal.
Just have all the paperwork ready, and write a letter of explanation.

Philippine marriage laws are unreasonably archaic, you should be fine if you explain it well.

Halifaxian

Jan 7, 2016
Dear Asivad Anac,

What's the phone number to call to check my PR card status? I landed on June 23, submitted address change on July 10, but still haven't received my PR card. Thank you very much.

Best wishes

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Halifaxian said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

What's the phone number to call to check my PR card status? I landed on June 23, submitted address change on July 10, but still haven't received my PR card. Thank you very much.

Best wishes
I am not Asivad Anac, but here's the number.

+1 613-944-4000

Its the IRCC common number, so chose the option for PR Cards.

You can also try
+1 888-242-2100

Some of the other users have suggested this as well for calls from outside Canada.

From experience I know that both work.

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi All

I got married around 2 months back. How much time do I have to inform IRCC about the change in my marital status?
I was traveling after marriage and then cam back after a month and got my marriage certificate.

And so got late in informing IRCC. Is there any guideline on how much time I have to inform them?

If yes, what can be the possible way out if I missed the timeline?

Thanks in advance.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishpah said:
Hi All

I got married around 2 months back. How much time do I have to inform IRCC about the change in my marital status?
I was traveling after marriage and then cam back after a month and got my marriage certificate.

And so got late in informing IRCC. Is there any guideline on how much time I have to inform them?

Thanks in advance.
There isn't really a timeline, but you need to do it before any major change is made to your application process (PPR, for example).

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
istari said:
There isn't really a timeline, but you need to do it before any major change is made to your application process (PPR, for example).
Thanks buddy. Just wanted to understand one thing. since it has been 2 months, do I need to mention any reason why it has been delayed?
If yes, could you please guide as what should be the gist of my letter that can be considered by them?

Thanks in adavnce.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishpah said:
Thanks buddy. Just wanted to understand one thing. since it has been 2 months, do I need to mention any reason why it has been delayed?
If yes, could you please guide as what should be the gist of my letter that can be considered by them?

Thanks in adavnce.
I have no idea if it's necessary, but it can't hurt to explain it.

123pinoy

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-Jun-2016
AOR Received.
04-Aug-2016 (CIC AOR)
Med's Done....
01-Jul-2016
ishpah said:
Hi All

Thanks in advance.
what is your score in EE profile? have you been selected?
If you have been selected, watch out of your score coz it will go down

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ishpah said:
Hi All

Thanks in advance.
There's no timeline as such but it is always best to inform them at the earliest. Please raise a CSE right away and inform them.

Good luck!

dreamofcanada

Nov 13, 2014
Dear Asivad/Seniors,

I submitted my profile on 14th September after receiving ITA. I have one question which is bothering me. My NOC is 2173 software engineers and designers and I have work experience in this since June 2009 till now (7+ years). Before June 2009, I worked as a teacher in an engineering college for 6 months. My consultant put that 6 months experience also in work history with NOC 4011. But i didn't have any reference letter as per CIC requirement for that 6 months experience (I attached only offer letter and experience letter with payslips).
For my actual NOC (2173- for which i am claiming the points) i attached everything as per CIC requirements.
My consultant told me since i am not claiming points for that 6 months so it won't matter if you attach reference letter or not.
But i am bit worried because i think the CIC officer expects the reference letter under each employment record.
Could anyone please suggest do i need to raise a CSE and attach an LOE explaining them about this?

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
Can I show Government Savings Bond as a proof of funds for express entry?
I am asking about National Savings Certificate form India Post. If any experienced Indian member can comment on this, that will be highly appreciable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Savings_Certificates_(India)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
hsinxh said:
Can I show Government Savings Bond as a proof of funds for express entry?
I am asking about National Savings Certificate form India Post. If any experienced Indian member can comment on this, that will be highly appreciable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Savings_Certificates_(India)
These are tax savings investments and as far as I know, it cannot be prematurely withdrawn. In that case it does not qualify as readily transferable, so you cannot show them as POF.

archer s

Sep 16, 2016
Dear Senior Members,

I would like to seek advice on condition mentioned in my Confirmation of Permanent Residence Letter:

My permanent residence letter indicates Surveillance Code 2.02 with Condition 32: Must report for medical examination, Surveillance or Treatment, and at specified times and places, provide proof of compliance.

I haven't received any requisite form in the passport package.

(1) What is the meaning of this condition? Is it anyway a negative thing.
(2) Also do I have to email local visa office to send this form separately or I can receive this form at the port of entry during landing

A reply would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
archer s said:
Dear Senior Members,

I would like to seek advice on condition mentioned in my Confirmation of Permanent Residence Letter:

My permanent residence letter indicates Surveillance Code 2.02 with Condition 32: Must report for medical examination, Surveillance or Treatment, and at specified times and places, provide proof of compliance.

I haven't received any requisite form in the passport package.

(1) What is the meaning of this condition? Is it anyway a negative thing.
(2) Also do I have to email local visa office to send this form separately or I can receive this form at the port of entry during landing

A reply would be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
Please read below for a detailed explanation and what is to be done.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob340.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/coding.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/surveillance/surveillance.asp

sqid.madoma

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Calgary
Visa Office......
Sydney
AOR Received.
16-11-2021
Hello,

I have my CopR and I am travelling back to Canada by air.

I am from a visa exempted country, do I need to apply for the ETA?

Thanks in advance.