+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

nEVERgiveUP751

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Vancouver
My work permit expiring soon, I am planning to apply for paper work permit. If I get invitation to apply for pr, while I am on implied status, then am I eligible to apply for BOWP or not ?

gaurav_2172

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Cape Town
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone

can u please help me on this post

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-on-hold-pregnancy-t446363.0.html

regards,
G

invader007

Oct 20, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have recently received PPR and I have got my passport stamped. I am planning for a short landing in Canada in late September.

I am also planning to visit US on a tourist (B-2) visa and want to apply the Visa from India (My home country). I want to know whether I can land in Canada first and then by road enter US on a B-2 visa.

Also, should I indicate that I am a Canada PR in the US visa application which I will initiate before landing?

Please help.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
nEVERgiveUP751 said:
My work permit expiring soon, I am planning to apply for paper work permit. If I get invitation to apply for pr, while I am on implied status, then am I eligible to apply for BOWP or not ?
You should have submitted your PR application AND the "R10" (completeness check) should have been set to "Met" to be eligible to apply for BOWP!

Link --> www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

I also believe that you should apply for BOWP BEFORE your WP expires.

"have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;" - I am not 100% sure if implied status means "having a valid status on a WP"

subic85

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
We have a situation and need some advice. We submitted PR application on 16th of Feb (PNP Ontario FSW Outland).

My wife is the primary applicant and due for a child birth in Dec. We initially thought we will travel to Canada as soon as we get PR (assuming our application will be processed in less than 6 months but that didn't happen). Now we are in a situation where we can't travel.

Q1. Shall we voluntarily inform CIC about the pregnancy or wait for PPR and then tell them?
Q2. New born's birth certificate and passport won't be ready until January. And our medicals will expire on 4th Feb. Will CIC ask us to re do medicals and give us a landing date for late 2017?
Q3. To get new born's passport, we will need to renew either my or my wife's passport to add spouse details (to show we are married). Apparently this is one of the criteria to get minor's passport in India. Is it ok to get passport renewed while our application is in process? Please note that my wife's passport will bear changed name in case we get her passport renewed?

Sorry to bombard so many question but we are confused with current state and hope somebody can provide some clarity.

Thanks

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Can this thread be renamed to "Thank you Asivad Anac / Rajkamalmohanram / Stanlee" ;D :p

subic85

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
Hi, can someone please respond to my query?

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
subic85 said:
We have a situation and need some advice. We submitted PR application on 16th of Feb (PNP Ontario FSW Outland).

My wife is the primary applicant and due for a child birth in Dec. We initially thought we will travel to Canada as soon as we get PR (assuming our application will be processed in less than 6 months but that didn't happen). Now we are in a situation where we can't travel.

Q1. Shall we voluntarily inform CIC about the pregnancy or wait for PPR and then tell them?
Q2. New born's birth certificate and passport won't be ready until January. And our medicals will expire on 4th Feb. Will CIC ask us to re do medicals and give us a landing date for late 2017?
Q3. To get new born's passport, we will need to renew either my or my wife's passport to add spouse details (to show we are married). Apparently this is one of the criteria to get minor's passport in India. Is it ok to get passport renewed while our application is in process? Please note that my wife's passport will bear changed name in case we get her passport renewed?

Sorry to bombard so many question but we are confused with current state and hope somebody can provide some clarity.

Thanks
1. As far as I know and understand, you need not intimate CIC about pregnancy as the moment, it does not affect your application nor has your personal circumstances changed. According to CIC you need to intimate them in case of change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests. In your case, your personal circumstances would change only during child birth, additional funds (if the declared funds is not sufficient), documents etc.

So, in your case, you can wait to get PPR and inform CIC if your wife will not be able to travel then due to the pregnancy, they will guide you as to what needs to be done. Even if you want to inform them now, I do not think that there is anything that you should be concerned about. They will probably let you know what needs to be done and when.

2. Yes, if your Medicals would expire by then, then you may be asked to do Medicals again.

3. Yes, you can get your passport renewed while the application is under process, only thing is you need to intimate CIC in this regard.

Have you got your wife's name changed after marriage? Then what documents did you submit for name change as part of your eAPR?

subic85

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Med's Request
03-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-03-2017
Stanlee said:
1. As far as I know and understand, you need not intimate CIC about pregnancy as the moment, it does not affect your application nor has your personal circumstances changed. According to CIC you need to intimate them in case of change in contact information, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment, withdrawal of application, refund request, or urgent requests. In your case, your personal circumstances would change only during child birth, additional funds (if the declared funds is not sufficient), documents etc.

So, in your case, you can wait to get PPR and inform CIC if your wife will not be able to travel then due to the pregnancy, they will guide you as to what needs to be done. Even if you want to inform them now, I do not think that there is anything that you should be concerned about. They will probably let you know what needs to be done and when.

2. Yes, if your Medicals would expire by then, then you may be asked to do Medicals again.

3. Yes, you can get your passport renewed while the application is under process, only thing is you need to intimate CIC in this regard.

Have you got your wife's name changed after marriage? Then what documents did you submit for name change as part of your eAPR?
Hi Stanlee, thank you very much for your response... It is such a relief

Yes my wife's last name is changed after marriage but not on the passport yet, so while filing application we mentioned about it and attached marriage certificate which shows previous and current name. All documents submitted were on the previous name but just marriage certificate showing changed name.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
subic85 said:
Hi Stanlee, thank you very much for your response... It is such a relief

Yes my wife's last name is changed after marriage but not on the passport yet, so while filing application we mentioned about it and attached marriage certificate which shows previous and current name. All documents submitted were on the previous name but just marriage certificate showing changed name.
Since eAPR was submitted with wife's maiden name and if you change wife's name on the passport when applying for your child's passport, then it would be a mismatch between the names submitted in eAPR and passport. Ideally, the application should have the name as per the passport. So you may as well get clarification on the same from CIC, may be they have a process where you can get your wife's name updated as per the travel document/passport before COPR.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, I passed my first two years of BSC. IT (Bachelors of Science in Information Technology) full-time from Valia College, Mumbai University. After that, I completed my BSC. IT from Periyar University by undergoing all three years of BSC IT directly in one sitting through distance learning. On the basis of me completing two years of BSC IT from Valia college, I was allowed to give all three years of BSC IT from Periyar University in one sitting. However, while applying for student visa of Canada, I didn't mention that I studied two years of BSC IT from Valia College, but showed some years of full-time work experience to fill the gap. Now, for WES evaluation, I'm not sure if I should send attested marksheets of BSC IT from Valia college or should I only send the attested transcript from Periyar University. I worry if CIC will cross check with WES about my sent documents to WES at the time of applying for PR and in case, they find out that I was studying full-time in Valia College and not working, they may accuse me of misrepresentation.

By the way, I started my BSC IT in 2006 from Valia college, but had failed the first year. So, I passed my first year in 2008. Also, I failed in my second year of BSC IT from Valia college and passed my second year in 2010. Then I approached Periyar University and completed all my 3 years in one sitting in 2012. So, I had mentioned to CIC at the time of applying for student visa that I was working full-time from Jan 2007 to July 2013. Now, for my failed years, I could have worked full-time, but CIC may raise doubts of me working when I was studying my first and second year full-time. Actually, I was working freelance during my free time, but I mentioned to CIC that I was working full-time.

I am not sure if CIC will communicate with WES at the time of my PR application. I plan to show my work experience of one year after completing my BSC IT from Periyar University in June 2012 i.e. from 2012-2013, after which I went to Canada to pursue higher education ( I went to Canada in sept 2013). So, should I hide my Valia college marksheets and send only Periyar University documents? Please help me.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
msatishxp said:
Hi, I passed my first two years of BSC. IT (Bachelors of Science in Information Technology) full-time from Valia College, Mumbai University. After that, I completed my BSC. IT from Periyar University by undergoing all three years of BSC IT directly in one sitting through distance learning. On the basis of me completing two years of BSC IT from Valia college, I was allowed to give all three years of BSC IT from Periyar University in one sitting. However, while applying for student visa of Canada, I didn't mention that I studied two years of BSC IT from Valia College, but showed some years of full-time work experience to fill the gap. Now, for WES evaluation, I'm not sure if I should send attested marksheets of BSC IT from Valia college or should I only send the attested transcript from Periyar University. I worry if CIC will cross check with WES about my sent documents to WES at the time of applying for PR and in case, they find out that I was studying full-time in Valia College and not working, they may accuse me of misrepresentation.

By the way, I started my BSC IT in 2006 from Valia college, but had failed the first year. So, I passed my first year in 2008. Also, I failed in my second year of BSC IT from Valia college and passed my second year in 2010. Then I approached Periyar University and completed all my 3 years in one sitting in 2012. So, I had mentioned to CIC at the time of applying for student visa that I was working full-time from Jan 2007 to July 2013. Now, for my failed years, I could have worked full-time, but CIC may raise doubts of me working when I was studying my first and second year full-time. Actually, I was working freelance during my free time, but I mentioned to CIC that I was working full-time.

I am not sure if CIC will communicate with WES at the time of my PR application. I plan to show my work experience of one year after completing my BSC IT from Periyar University in June 2012 i.e. from 2012-2013, after which I went to Canada to pursue higher education ( I went to Canada in sept 2013). So, should I hide my Valia college marksheets and send only Periyar University documents? Please help me.
How many more times are you going to post the same question on and on again?

"istari" has answered it here -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/wes-evaluation-and-canada-pr-t447165.0.html;msg5399974#msg5399974

I believe i responded to you in PM as well.

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
I'm sorry for posting my query multiple times. I just wanted to have more than one opinion from different people so that I get different perspectives and can decide accordingly.

Vignesh31090

Aug 21, 2016
Hi All,

I recently received my request for passport and sent in my passport through Canada post Xpresspost to Ottawa CPP. I got an update on my profile stating that my application has been approved and closed. Now when the mail man tried to deliver the passport back to my address, my house owner's kid mistakenly said that no one by the name resides in this address(I recently moved in), so when I called Canada post I came to know that my mail was returned back to Ottawa-CPP due to this reason. Please help me with this situation and guide me on what steps I should take next. Really appreciate your help.
I have also created a CSE for this.

Thanks again!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Vignesh31090 said:
Hi All,

I recently received my request for passport and sent in my passport through Canada post Xpresspost to Ottawa CPP. I got an update on my profile stating that my application has been approved and closed. Now when the mail man tried to deliver the passport back to my address, my house owner's kid mistakenly said that no one by the name resides in this address(I recently moved in), so when I called Canada post I came to know that my mail was returned back to Ottawa-CPP due to this reason. Please help me with this situation and guide me on what steps I should take next. Really appreciate your help.
I have also created a CSE for this.

Thanks again!
$h!T! Write an e-mail to Canada Post mentioning the same and request the VO to send the PP again to the same address!