+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

PKVCanada

Oct 24, 2015
Express Entry CIC application

Hello Asivad Anac,

I have a quick question for you. I had mentioned about HDSE (Higher Diploma in Software Engineering) diploma on my PNP application, however WES did not complete ECA on it as it is a private institution. My questions is now that I have been nominated by SINP - should I mention about HDSE on Express Entry CIC application?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Re: Express Entry CIC application

PKVCanada said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

I have a quick question for you. I had mentioned about HDSE (Higher Diploma in Software Engineering) diploma on my PNP application, however WES did not complete ECA on it as it is a private institution. My questions is now that I have been nominated by SINP - should I mention about HDSE on Express Entry CIC application?

Thank you for your help in advance.
In your eAPR you can skip it from Education History and keep it under Personal History.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
jickson said:
Any thoughts?
I don't think you can do a landing without a valid status. Maybe you can try to speak to the embassy that issued the visa and request them to provide you an extension.

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
Hi seniors,

I have a question regarding foreign work experience. I am working in same institution since 2, Aug, 2011. My job is fulltime, but its not permanent, its a contractual job and I have got contracts as follows:

02/Aug/2011 to 30/June/2012

(1 Month GAP)

01/Aug/2012 to 30/June/2013

(2 days GAP)

03/July/2013 to 02/June/2014

(1 Day GAP)

04/June/2014 to Till Date

My job title as per the appointment letter is Assistant Professor (Computer Programmer/Computer Practices). My jobs duties are as follows:

Write, modify, integrate and test software code
Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
May research and evaluate a variety of software products
and out of 40 hours per week I also teach Introductory Programming course for 3-7 Hours per week.

I wish to apply under NOC Code 2174 as most of job duties are similar to that. Actually my institute changed the nomenclature for the post few years ago, it used to be only COMPUTER PROGRAMMER.

I want to know that if I am eligible for Express Entry under NOC Code 2174?

Regards,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hsinxh said:
Hi seniors,

I have a question regarding foreign work experience. I am working in same institution since 2, Aug, 2011. My job is fulltime, but its not permanent, its a contractual job and I have got contracts as follows:

02/Aug/2011 to 30/June/2012

(1 Month GAP)

01/Aug/2012 to 30/June/2013

(2 days GAP)

03/July/2013 to 02/June/2014

(1 Day GAP)

04/June/2014 to Till Date

My job title as per the appointment letter is Assistant Professor (Computer Programmer/Computer Practices). My jobs duties are as follows:

Write, modify, integrate and test software code
Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
May research and evaluate a variety of software products
and out of 40 hours per week I also teach Introductory Programming course for 3-7 Hours per week.

I wish to apply under NOC Code 2174 as most of job duties are similar to that. Actually my institute changed the nomenclature for the post few years ago, it used to be only COMPUTER PROGRAMMER.

I want to know that if I am eligible for Express Entry under NOC Code 2174?

Regards,
Assistant Professors have a different NOC. IMO, you should consider going for NOC 4011 instead of 2174 because you work in a completely different domain.

You can send your correct roles and responsibilities along with your designation to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca. They would get back to you with the most appropriate NOC.

hsinxh

May 20, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2016
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
14-March-2017
But my job duties are that of Computer Programmer. I develop and Maintain software for my institute on daily basis.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hi, I called CIC and was told that my Eligibility has been 'Passed' by NDVO. However Security and criminality has not started. Does that mean that all verification of employment, experience etc has been done or is verification a part of 'Security'. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

amith.s.m

Jul 3, 2015
Hello,

You have helped many here. Please help me as well :

I am second guessing myself at every step now. Kindly advise.

I have a Canadian Master's degree and when filling the information, I will be filling the information as " Master's degree or professional degree.... "

I also have a Bachelor's degree from India (4 year program. When filling that information, should I fill it as " Bachelor's degree or a three or more year program..." or as " two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees.... "

I do not have an ECA for this Bachelor's degree and so will be putting "No" when asked for ECA.(is that appropriate). I think I will be invited to the CEC program.

I ask about the Bachelor's degree because of the information below on CIC under help section : "

"To get the correct number of points, make sure you choose the answer that best reflects your case. For example:
If you have TWO Bachelor degrees, or one bachelor AND a two year college diploma, choose" Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.
If you did not earn a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you may need to have your foreign education assessed by an agency approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. They must show that it is valid, and equal to a completed Canadian credential."

"

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
Hi Asivad,

Need to know the following - Its been nearly 4 months since we submitted our application.

However there is nothing forthcoming from the CIC yet. Should i file a CSE and ask as to waht the progress is on our file?

Thanks once again!

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YokoDaddy said:
Hi Asivad,

Need to know the following - Its been nearly 4 months since we submitted our application.

However there is nothing forthcoming from the CIC yet. Should i file a CSE and ask as to waht the progress is on our file?

Thanks once again!
Not at all, 4 month is very very normal. You don't need to do anything. Even if you call or send CSE, you'll get the typical response that your application is within normal processing time.

YokoDaddy

Jul 23, 2014
jickson said:
Not at all, 4 month is very very normal. You don't need to do anything. Even if you call or send CSE, you'll get the typical response that your application is within normal processing time.
Thanks -- what are the typical processing times after submission of application?

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YokoDaddy said:
Thanks -- what are the typical processing times after submission of application?
Typically around 5 months. 80% of applications are finalized by the end of 6th month.

PKVCanada

Oct 24, 2015

Stanlee said:
In your eAPR you can skip it from Education History and keep it under Personal History.
What is eAPR? Electronic Application for Permanent Residence? Under Personal History where would I update HDSE course? Also, the application talks about processing and PR fees but does not specify amount for processing fees....roughly how much is it?

Thank you for your prompt response appreciate it!

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
apache5021 said:
Hi, I called CIC and was told that my Eligibility has been 'Passed' by NDVO. However Security and criminality has not started. Does that mean that all verification of employment, experience etc has been done or is verification a part of 'Security'. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Not sure how you got the information from them since they are usually quite reclusive in providing this. However, I think you are pretty close to getting your visa since you are a January applicant.

Also you can write to NDVO so that they can update you on the status.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016

PKVCanada said:
What is eAPR? Electronic Application for Permanent Residence? Under Personal History where would I update HDSE course? Also, the application talks about processing and PR fees but does not specify amount for processing fees....roughly how much is it?

Thank you for your prompt response appreciate it!
The details of fees can be found here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

All accompanying adults have to pay a total of <b> CAD 1040 EACH </b> (PR Fees - CAD 550 + RPRF - CAD 490)

Dependent children have to pay CAD 150 each