Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

I consulted NOC team to suggest me NOC for my 4 jobs.
I had mentioned 2174 for all these in my application to CIC, while NOC team suggested that 2172 'may be more appropriate' for job1 while 2174 is more appropriate for JOB2, Job3 and Job4.

In all of my reference letters, I have mentioned the role as Software Developer (2174).
And most of the duties in all 4 jobs match closely to each other.

Job1 is my current job and I provided notarised reference letters signed from my colleagues with official documents. There were a couple of additional duties in this reference letter compared to those from previous jobs.

When they say that my job1 reference letter match more closely to 2172, does it means it doesn't match to 2174 and may be rejected by CIC?
In that case should I go for the CSE option to send new notarized reference letters for this job?

Regards,
Aditya

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have another question for my friend who has their PR and will be landing in August. Can they take a flight that has a layover in Montreal and then lands in Toronto? Does that mean they will have to land in Montreal or they can just take the connecting flight and do the landing process in Toronto?

Any idea/suggestions?

Thank you!

rebelhero

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
21-01-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Further, if work experience gained while being a RA/TA was not allowed, then CIC would have mentioned that this NOC is not applicable for people applying under EE.

So, IMO, I guess you can add up the part-time experience you gained while you were a student.

Check this link below -

This further reinforces what I have said above.

Q2) All my previous employers are willing to provide me letter of employment with all the required details. However, I don't have pay slips from previous employers. Do we need to submit pay slips for all the years or will the most recent ones will suffice? All my employers are helpful and are willing to provide all sort of documentation needed to prove my employment and annual salary.

Payslips are not mandatory. As long as the reference letter mentions all the details as required by CIC, you wouldn't need further documentation.

Q3) For proof of funds, do I need to show monthly statements with balance of $12000 CAD for past six months. My monthly balance has been gradually increasing from $8000 CAD and now its around $15000 CAD. To supplement this amount, I can show my bank statements from my Indian bank accounts. Please advise what would be the best thing to do in this case.

If you can get a letter from the bank that mentions the average balance for the past 6 months, then, you wouldn't need to submit 6 months statements. Otherwise, you need to submit 6 months bank statements along with a bank letter.

I appreciate it a lot if you can reply to my questions. Thanks!
Thanks Raj for answering my questions. Can you please help me in calculating my work experience?

1.Graduate Teaching Assistant(USA)--Part time(20hrs/week) -- (September 2012 to May 2013 and August 2013 to May 2014). I didn't work in June and July as it was summer during school.

2. Associate RF Engineer--Company A(NOC 2147)--23rd June 2014 to 15th December 2014. Full time(40hrs/week)
3. RF Engineer--Company B(NOC 2147)--16th December 2014 to current. Full time(40hrs/week).

I am little confused with what the tool is doing. I have read somewhere all the experience should be continuous, full time, paid but my case is slightly different but still the tool is considering it and allocating me points. Is it fine to work experience in two different NOC's and my part time experience is not continuous too.

I am not sure how the tool calculated my points but I am currently standing at 478. I have about 2 years of full time experience and about 19 months of part time experience(different NOC) but the tool seems to have calculated my experience as "3 years or more".

My CRS points breakdown is below-

AGe -- 110
Education -- 135
First Official Language Proficiency--133
Skill Transferability--Education--50
Skill Transferability--Foreign Work Experience--50
Total -- 478

The tool has given me 478 points with all my experience that I have entered. If I consider just 2 years full time, I stand at 453. I am not sure if I should accept ITA if I get one. It would be tool's fault if I get rejected because I have entered the correct information and it calculated score. Please advise me on this.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hello Asivad
I got My ppr and waiting for my passport and COPR

I just want to ask you as i am in Canada and working, do i need to show Proof of funds on the time of landing?

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
cheire said:
Hello Asivad
I got My ppr and waiting for my passport and COPR

I just want to ask you as i am in Canada and working, do i need to show Proof of funds on the time of landing?
Congrats Cherie!!! No requirement to show proof of funds if you are currently working or have a valid job offer in Canada. Check below link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TECC_Seneca said:
I have another question for my friend who has their PR and will be landing in August. Can they take a flight that has a layover in Montreal and then lands in Toronto? Does that mean they will have to land in Montreal or they can just take the connecting flight and do the landing process in Toronto?

Any idea/suggestions?

Thank you!
Landing formalities are always completed at the first PoE (in this case, Montreal). I would suggest against this - you need to show proof that you will move outside of Qubec and won't stay there whilst landing. Also, if he has taken the PNP route to PR, it is highly recommended that he lands in the province that nominated him.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trueblue88 said:
Hello,

If a potential employer sends a "Permanent Residency LMIA" to support my PR, and it gets approved, and I go through all the process in Express Entry and I become a Permanent Resident , what happens if the employer no longer can offer me the job? Let's say for economic reasons, etc (after I'm a PR). Can you please include links to CIC where this is confirmed?

Thank you!
Doesn't matter once you are a landed PR.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Landing formalities are always completed at the first PoE (in this case, Montreal). I would suggest against this - you need to show proof that you will move outside of Qubec and won't stay there whilst landing. Also, if he has taken the PNP route to PR, it is highly recommended that he lands in the province that nominated him.
Hello Thank you.
She is an FSW profile. Can she show her connecting flight details to Toronto as a proof that she will not live there? Is this feasible or not good enough proof?

Thanks again

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
I just got my GCMS note.
In there agent has noted that "Canadian Educational Credential on file, credential reviewed; Canadian institution recognized; Credential is NOT consistent with level of education claimed by PA under EE eligibility. Credential appears to be two year post secondary while pa has indicated bachelor's or 3 year post secondary"

I was in school for 3 years for this program. i dont know what to do!! do you think is my file is about to be rejected?

Vj1981

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
GagamM said:
I just got my GCMS note.
In there agent has noted that "Canadian Educational Credential on file, credential reviewed; Canadian institution recognized; Credential is NOT consistent with level of education claimed by PA under EE eligibility. Credential appears to be two year post secondary while pa has indicated bachelor's or 3 year post secondary"

I was in school for 3 years for this program. i dont know what to do!! do you think is my file is about to be rejected?
Hi, what did your ECA state your degree as?

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad, I need to go on a business trip to the States next month for about a week. Do I need to apply for a PCC for this if I get an ITA next time?

rebelhero

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
21-01-2017
RamsayBolton said:
Hi Asivad, I need to go on a business trip to the States next month for about a week. Do I need to apply for a PCC for this if I get an ITA next time?
I don't think you need one as you are just visiting States for a week.

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18. For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors,

I am coming back with another question regarding my quest with POF. I have two FDs in my spouse name which were done by my father in law and he is ready to give us Smiley. I learnt from this forum that we can use FDs as POF. So my question is that can I use these FDs to show to CIC even if it is in my wife's name solely or I should get them done in both of us name. I am thinking not to indulge in the process of making them as joint FDs because of lots of hassles in the banking system in India. I am thinking to prepare an LOE stating that she has FDs in her name and she is co-applicant and ready to invest this money for immigration purposes. Do you think this approach will work or I must get these FDs as joint ones?

Please suggest.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_Aspirant said:
Hello Seniors,

I am coming back with another question regarding my quest with POF. I have two FDs in my spouse name which were done by my father in law and he is ready to give us Smiley. I learnt from this forum that we can use FDs as POF. So my question is that can I use these FDs to show to CIC even if it is in my wife's name solely or I should get them done in both of us name. I am thinking not to indulge in the process of making them as joint FDs because of lots of hassles in the banking system in India. I am thinking to prepare an LOE stating that she has FDs in her name and she is co-applicant and ready to invest this money for immigration purposes. Do you think this approach will work or I must get these FDs as joint ones?

Please suggest.

Thanks
Preferably joint but the LoE may work as well.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors

I have applied under EE and my application is stuck in security checks. My study permit expires on Aug 01, but I will graduate before that. My questions:

1) When do I HAVE TO apply for PGWP? (given that I'd like to wait for PR and not waste money)
2) My wife (dependent) was given open WP until the same date. How can she maintain legal status until the outcome of our application?

Your help is much appreciated.