+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Dear Asivad,

Had some doubts.

1. Can the PA study in Canada after getting a PR? Can the spouse work instead ?

2. How many years does the PA need to stay in Canada ?

3. How many years does the Pa and spouse need to be in Canada for both of them to get citizenship ?

4. Are there any other formalities that need to be completed between the PR and citizenship like PA needs to pay taxes regularly or get more points ?

Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

Skhanna

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went for my medicals today. My vision is 6/9 & 6/6 with lens on.. will this be a problem for my pr process

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I'm a PA and currently waiting for PPR which hopefully should be requested soon.
We are planning to travel to Canada before COPR expire and come back to our home country to finish some personal staff.
What if my wife stay there permanently without me, will it be counted to fulfill the requirements for permanent residency (2 years in Canada out of 5)?

alternatesp

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23rd April
AOR Received.
26th May
Med's Done....
16th May
Hi Asivad,

My wife is a main applicant. Her employment status is as under:
1) Currently unemployed
2) Company A - Worked from November 2010 to Feb 2015
3) Company B - Worked from November 2007 to October 2010

Question is:

Company A has provided all the reference letter as required by CIC will job duties, last pay, period of employment, designation, etc. but Company B has refused to provide any reference letter.

We have received ITA and on filling up all the details, we are required to upload reference letter for both company A and company B.

For Company A:- We have uploaded reference letter, service certificate, last 6 months pay slips, employment appointment letter, last 6 months bank statement reflecting salary received from Company A.

For Company B :- We have uploaded email received from company HR refusing to provide reference letter, service certificate, last 6 months pay slips, employment appointment letter, last 6 months bank statement reflecting salary received from Company B.

Is this sufficient to prove eligibility in respect of employment or do I need to provide any further documents. Your help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Alternatesp

xlnzee

Oct 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Do I need to do landing only on the Province B in which I got the provincial nomination ?

Preferably yes. Until you are a 'landed' PR, you must display intent to settle down in the nominating province. Landing elsewhere doesn't display that intent. Most officers may not have a problem with letting you land wherever you show up but probably not worth the risk.
Hi Asivad Anac,

Regarding the quote above, what happens when the Nominating province is Saskatchewan and your first Point Of Entry(POE) is Toronto, ON as there isn't a direct flight from originating country?

1) Will the immigration formalities be completed in Toronto? Is the applicant a "landed PR" in Toronto?

2) To prove the "intent", what if the applicant carries an onward flight ticket to Saskatchewan, but scheduled a week later as the applicant would like to spend that time with friends and family in Toronto. Will this be OK to prove "intent"?

3) Lastly, what if the applicant never goes/lands/moves to Sask, are there any future issues/implications?

Thanks!

charan_yalala

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
01-01-2016
Hello Asivad,

My friend from Pakistan has submitted his PR application from Pakistan
Medical done - April 25
E-APR AOR - May 17
Schedule A - May 19
Medical in Review - May 19

but the below are few concern for medicals
He has received a physical letter by courier CHC New Delhi Stating
"Further Medical Information is required before a decision can be reached. Details has been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the Panel Physicians who performed your immigration medical examination or to another eMedical enable panel physician"

Strange thing the physical letter has May 11 issuance date which is before eapr file submission date of May 17.
He has Scar in his Chest X-ray
Can you please enlighten what he has to do? and your response will be appreciated

singhs

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Hi Asivad

I am trying to send the documents at "DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca" mail id to add my spouse in the PR application but everytime i am getting the bounce back mail as "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently". I am confused what to do now. Kindly give your expert advice.

I will be very thankful if you provide your inputs.

duggal2490

Apr 15, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I have become PR on MAy 7 and travelled to India on 15th May without PR card. Now, I want to apply for Travel document.

My question is they are asking for my travel date back to Canada. I am not sure about it as of now. My tickets are booked for 10th July but I may extend my travel plan.

If somehow I asked some1 to bring my PR card (when it comes) to India. Will that be Okay?

Thanks
Ankush

Deutschland

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Hello Asivad,

I have a question regarding my express entry profile for Canadian Immigration. For now I have 444 ponits with 2 years of experience. 3 years of experience will make me get 469 points. I have 2 years and 9 months (Dec 2010 till September 2013) of work experience in my home country after I graduated with my Bachelor's degree in Dec 2010. In October 2013, I went to Germany for my Masters that lasted for a duration of 2.5 years. After my Masters, I returned to my home country in February 2016 and started working in the same NOC. Now I have worked for 4 months after completing my Masters. So I want to ask that whether my old experience(2 years and 9 months) and new experience (4 months) make me eligible to claim the maximum points for foreign work experience of 3 years. However, it is written on CIC website that the 3 year of work experience should be continous. Therefore, I am confused that do I have to work for a full one year to make my experience a total to 3 years? Your response will highly appreciated and have a nice day. Thank you in advance.

SR14

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Dear Asivad,

Had some doubts.

3. How many years does the Pa and spouse need to be in Canada for both of them to get citizenship ?

4. Are there any other formalities that need to be completed between the PR and citizenship like PA needs to pay taxes regularly or get more points ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JMRG said:
Hi Asivad, been waiting for OINP AOR for the past 7 months and it's quite harrowing. Because my profile was created on August 2015 and it will soon expire this year without any AOR yet.

1)If I apply again I would like to know what is the process as if I fill up the EE profile again il get a new profile no.

Whether you receive your AOR by then or not, you can simply recreate your profile and inform OINP about the new EE profile and request them to link that with your application.

2) what are the chances for applying in other states, specifically would like to understand if I stand a better chance at Ontario or which other state?

Province not state. You can choose to apply wherever you meet eligibility requirements.

3) how do I go about applying in other states since I've already applied at Ontario?

You can simultaneously apply to any number of provinces.

Ps: could you inbox me your email please?

asivadanac@gmail.com

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SR14 said:
Dear Asivad,

Had some doubts.

Yes.

At least 2 out of every rolling 5 year period. Not necessarily continuously.

At least 4 out of 6 years (could change to 3/5 later in 2016).

Meet residency criterion and avoid any serious legal trouble. Earning isn't mandatory, filing your tax returns is.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamSamo said:
Hi Asivad,

I'm a PA and currently waiting for PPR which hopefully should be requested soon.
We are planning to travel to Canada before COPR expire and come back to our home country to finish some personal staff.
What if my wife stay there permanently without me, will it be counted to fulfill the requirements for permanent residency (2 years in Canada out of 5)?
For them, Yes. Not for you.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alternatesp said:
Hi Asivad,

My wife is a main applicant. Her employment status is as under:
1) Currently unemployed
2) Company A - Worked from November 2010 to Feb 2015
3) Company B - Worked from November 2007 to October 2010

Question is:

Company A has provided all the reference letter as required by CIC will job duties, last pay, period of employment, designation, etc. but Company B has refused to provide any reference letter.

We have received ITA and on filling up all the details, we are required to upload reference letter for both company A and company B.

For Company A:- We have uploaded reference letter, service certificate, last 6 months pay slips, employment appointment letter, last 6 months bank statement reflecting salary received from Company A.

For Company B :- We have uploaded email received from company HR refusing to provide reference letter, service certificate, last 6 months pay slips, employment appointment letter, last 6 months bank statement reflecting salary received from Company B.

Is this sufficient to prove eligibility in respect of employment or do I need to provide any further documents. Your help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Alternatesp
Not enough. The officer wouldn't be able to confirm the NOC under which your spouse was employed at Company B. Search the forum for a useful workaround involving notarized letters from colleagues/supervisors.