Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dpakhaniya said:
Hi, Asivad

I have one question for you. I am FSW inland (AOR Jan 9), Right now I got approval on my work permit(LMIA based work permit). I was on visitor record before.
Now I have to do border cross to get work permit. Meanwhile I was thinking to add my wife in Express entry file before it open so we can get PR together and do not need to wait 17 months afterward. So can you suggest what will be good ? to go india for marriage or wait for my PR and then go for marriage?

And If I go india and my file will open in between then what I have to do to submit passport ?

I already completed 3 month and 14 days.

Please suggest
If you're planning on getting married in the near future, it makes sense to include your spouse in the current application rather than attempting to sponsor them at a later date. You can add your spouse to this application at any point till you 'land' in Canada as a PR. Decide when you are getting married and take it from there.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhonnygdr said:
Hello Asivad,

I applied for PR under Express Entry in CEC category in March. Currently I am on implied status as my application for the extension of Post Graduate Work Permit is still under processing. I am planning to go to my home country in June on unpaid leave, irrespective of the extension of my PGWP, as my employer agreed to let me go. I am aware that as I am on implied status, I may not be allowed to come back to Canada, unless I have a visitor visa, at least. I would like to know if I should inform IRCC about leaving Canada and send the address in my home country for communication in the interim.

Thank you.
Address doesn't really matter under EE but no harm in informing IRCC about this change. In the event of you getting PPR while you're at home, you'll be able to get COPR formalities done locally.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Normal. It'll change over the next week or so.
Okay thank you

Dpakhaniya

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-09-2016
AOR Received.
Jan-09-2016
Asivad Anac said:
If you're planning on getting married in the near future, it makes sense to include your spouse in the current application rather than attempting to sponsor them at a later date. You can add your spouse to this application at any point till you 'land' in Canada as a PR. Decide when you are getting married and take it from there.
Thank you very much for your reply

I am planning to go in couple of weeks. I am waiting for my passport to come back. Probably in one month I have to plan for my marriage right now.

One more question:
Is there any chances that Border security officer prevent me to enter in canada while landing, just curious. Because I was on study permit then on PGWP and then on Visitor record .

jhonnygdr

Nov 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Address doesn't really matter under EE but no harm in informing IRCC about this change. In the event of you getting PPR while you're at home, you'll be able to get COPR formalities done locally.
Thank you for your reply Asivad.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dpakhaniya said:
Thank you very much for your reply

I am planning to go in couple of weeks. I am waiting for my passport to come back. Probably in one month I have to plan for my marriage right now.

One more question:
Is there any chances that Border security officer prevent me to enter in canada while landing, just curious. Because I was on study permit then on PGWP and then on Visitor record .
If you carry your COPR along with any other documents mentioned in the COPR, they won't prevent you from entering Canada.

Dpakhaniya

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-09-2016
AOR Received.
Jan-09-2016
Asivad Anac said:
If you carry your COPR along with any other documents mentioned in the COPR, they won't prevent you from entering Canada.
Hi Asivad..

I will not have COPR with me. I will have work visa on my passport while I will land to get work permit.
I just got work permit approval and meanwhile my PR file is also under process so planning to get marry and come back and get work permit at port of entry. and then add my spouse in my PR file.
So question was regarding my work visa. that CIC can prevent me from reentering to get work permit ? and what will be reason ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dpakhaniya said:
Hi Asivad..

I will not have COPR with me. I will have work visa on my passport while I will land to get work permit.
I just got work permit approval and meanwhile my PR file is also under process so planning to get marry and come back and get work permit at port of entry. and then add my spouse in my PR file.
So question was regarding my work visa. that CIC can prevent me from reentering to get work permit ? and what will be reason ?
Can't think of any reason as you'll have valid documents allowing you entry into Canada. Are you worried about anything specific?

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
Hi Asivad, i am a Nova Scotia PNP therefore i have to land in Halifax. I might be staying in some temporary accommodation in Halifax. i don't have any address in Halifax to give for PR card.
Can i give address of my relative who stays in Toronto? or it won't be allowed since its a different province...
Also, can i land and finish the landing process in Halifax and fly back immediately to Toronto for a day or two?
if u can pls help with this....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taral80 said:
Hi Asivad, i am a Nova Scotia PNP therefore i have to land in Halifax. I might be staying in some temporary accommodation in Halifax. i don't have any address in Halifax to give for PR card.
Can i give address of my relative who stays in Toronto? or it won't be allowed since its a different province...
Also, can i land and finish the landing process in Halifax and fly back immediately to Toronto for a day or two?
if u can pls help with this....
Answered in another thread.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad Anac,

When you have a moment could you take a look at this thread and answer the questions I have?

Thank you!

Here's the link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/address-history-vs-personal-history-t410454.0.html

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wenfeizh said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

When you have a moment could you take a look at this thread and answer the questions I have?

Thank you!

Here's the link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/address-history-vs-personal-history-t410454.0.html

Maintain geographical accuracy in Travel history at the country level. Which means you don't need to report short term trips, weekend getaways, 1 month temporary accommodations and such as long as you were in the same country. These wouldn't figure anywhere in your application, not even in Personal history. So don't break down events into Jun 11-30, 2014 and mention a Canadian address for the entire duration from Jun 11 till you left Canada again.

For the period Apr 29-Jun 11, mention the trip in Travel history as you moved to another country. For that duration, you can add another line in Address history for destination country.

Dpakhaniya

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-09-2016
AOR Received.
Jan-09-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Can't think of any reason as you'll have valid documents allowing you entry into Canada. Are you worried about anything specific?
Thank you asivad .
I am not worried about any specific situation but I am worried because I was in PGWP and then on restoration period and then on Visitor record.
because I stayed longer than on visitor record , I am worried about that thing.

Now after long time wait I got LMIA based work permit approval and visa and going india for marriage and come back and get work permit at border.

kanwarbir1

Sep 19, 2013
hello asivad Anac

I AM CEC -INLAND APPLICANT , ITA -APRIL 7 , i almost done to submit my documents, I have question regarding vacation , i have shown 2 years experience however i took 12 days of vacation in 2015 , but i guess was paid or not paid i am not sure , as our company pay vacation on every pay stub every two weeks . Is it paid vacation as company is paying vacation every two weeks rather than end of year ? Should i wait for another 12 days or should be okay to apply now ??, Please help me with that question . ???

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Hi Asivad,

I am @ 463 with PGWP expiring on May 16, so currently preparing to apply for visitor visa
I am answering the questions for visitor visa eligibility online, and it asks: How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
There are three choices, less than 6 months, more than 6 months, and permanently.

Not sure if it's safe to choose more than 6 months.
What do you suggest?

Thanks!