+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does spouse job experience also needs to be NOC 0, A or B? The spouse job is Front Desk Agent and its falls under NOC C. Spouse experience still counts right?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekforbes said:
Does spouse job experience also needs to be NOC 0, A or B? The spouse job is Front Desk Agent and its falls under NOC C. Spouse experience still counts right?
Doesn't appear to be restricted by NOC - it has to be Canadian experience though.

Relevant extracts from the EE Ministerial Instructions below.

(5) In order for the foreign national to be assigned points under subsection (1) for the Canadian work experience of their accompanying spouse or common-law partner,

(a) the foreign national must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations that the accompanying spouse or common-law partner has engaged in while accumulating their Canadian work experience; and
(b) the spouse or common-law partner must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.
Work experience — requirements

For the purposes of this section,

(a) a period of employment during which the accompanying spouse or common-law partner of the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(b) a period of self-employment or unauthorized work by the accompanying spouse or common-law partner of the foreign national is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience .
(c) the accompanying spouse or common-law partner of the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and
(d) the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week.

hareshsandeep

Sep 3, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad Anac,

I have a query. I have applied to OINP and I am currently on PGWP here in Canada and my wife and Kid stay back home. In the "section L" of the OINP application, they said this:

"Accompanying Spouse or Common-law partner's and Accompanying Dependents' (aged 16 or over) Statements and
Authorizations"

Here it was required to print signature of me and my Spouse but because my Spouse was back home, I didn't got her signature in my application.

Do you think this will impact my application ? Is their any measures that I can take to ensure my application is not returned back ?

Hoping for your response!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hareshsandeep said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

I have a query. I have applied to OINP and I am currently on PGWP here in Canada and my wife and Kid stay back home. In the "section L" of the OINP application, they said this:

"Accompanying Spouse or Common-law partner's and Accompanying Dependents' (aged 16 or over) Statements and
Authorizations"

Here it was required to print signature of me and my Spouse but because my Spouse was back home, I didn't got her signature in my application.

Do you think this will impact my application ? Is their any measures that I can take to ensure my application is not returned back ?

Hoping for your response!
Unlikely to have an impact in terms of your application being returned. Wait for AOR and take it from there.

damien86

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Dear Asivad,

My total of US stay exceeds 6 months, however' I've never lived there for more than 3 months in a row. When I applied, the rules were different as you would probably know and I have made my application without a US PCC and I was never requested one. Now that more than 3 months have passed, I am about to receive the USA PCC. Would you recommend raising a CSE and uploading the USA PCC as soon as I receive it? Do you think this would be helpful to my application or would it complicate things?

Many thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
damien86 said:
Dear Asivad,

My total of US stay exceeds 6 months, however' I've never lived there for more than 3 months in a row. When I applied, the rules were different as you would probably know and I have made my application without a US PCC and I was never requested one. Now that more than 3 months have passed, I am about to receive the USA PCC. Would you recommend raising a CSE and uploading the USA PCC as soon as I receive it? Do you think this would be helpful to my application or would it complicate things?

Many thanks!
No harm in sending it.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
Asivad,

The points have not updated even after accepting nomination, I missed ItA yesterdaydue to this, Can I edit my profile saying Yes, I do have nomination, Will that way Can I get 600 points??

ashwinbavdekar

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Asivad,

Was really taken aback by the the recent decrease in the number of ITA's issued/draw and the subsequent increase in the minimum CRS Requirement.
I live in toronto, at this moment i have maxed out all my options.

I just had 1 year of work visa given to me after my PGDM Course which expired on Oct 21,2015.
Had applied for LMIA and an extension for work permit based on it.
My temporary work status(Implied status) ended on Jan 16th 2016 as the application was reduced due to insufficient advertisement effort.
I have currently filed for an extension as a Visitor which is under processing as of Now.

I got an ielts score of (L: 8.5, R : 8 , S: 7.5, W: 7) which along with my ECA gives me a score of 461.

Being in such a desperate situation i have no idea that to do next. Could you please try to answer these questions of mine , as this would really help me planning ahead from here:
1. I currently have funds of ~$9k in savings, if i get an ITA under CEC its not problem, if i get a NOI fro OINP i need to show $12K in available funds, for this can i shows $9k in CAD and the rest in INR or do i need to ask my parent to Transfer the money.
2. So the number of ITA`s have been reduced due to 2016 Immigration Plan as a number of 2015 ITA`s shall be processed in 2016. Similarly, i hope a number of applications from 2016 would be considered under the 2017 immigration limit, Any idea when this shift normally takes placeÉ
3. I also qualify for QSW, do you think its a good idea to apply for QSW now in their June Intake?
4. I've spent loads on immigration now, and have been stuck in this hassle since May 15 when we started working with LMIA leaving me highly distressed and clueless as to how i should plan ahead from here. Any additional advice based on your wisdom/experience would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your great advice given to so many of troubled immigrants, that's really inspiring, im determined to keep extending this gesture myself once i'm through with my Immigration!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shdhsjej said:
Asivad,

The points have not updated even after accepting nomination, I missed ItA yesterdaydue to this, Can I edit my profile saying Yes, I do have nomination, Will that way Can I get 600 points??
Typically takes 24 hours to get the points credited to your MyCIC profile. Check it again on Monday and then edit if required.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashwinbavdekar said:
Hello Asivad,

Was really taken aback by the the recent decrease in the number of ITA's issued/draw and the subsequent increase in the minimum CRS Requirement.
I live in toronto, at this moment i have maxed out all my options.

I just had 1 year of work visa given to me after my PGDM Course which expired on Oct 21,2015.
Had applied for LMIA and an extension for work permit based on it.
My temporary work status(Implied status) ended on Jan 16th 2016 as the application was reduced due to insufficient advertisement effort.
I have currently filed for an extension as a Visitor which is under processing as of Now.

I got an ielts score of (L: 8.5, R : 8 , S: 7.5, W: 7) which along with my ECA gives me a score of 461.

Being in such a desperate situation i have no idea that to do next. Could you please try to answer these questions of mine , as this would really help me planning ahead from here:
1. I currently have funds of ~$9k in savings, if i get an ITA under CEC its not problem, if i get a NOI fro OINP i need to show $12K in available funds, for this can i shows $9k in CAD and the rest in INR or do i need to ask my parent to Transfer the money.

Currency doesn't matter so Yes you can do that without asking your parents to transfer the money.

2. So the number of ITA`s have been reduced due to 2016 Immigration Plan as a number of 2015 ITA`s shall be processed in 2016. Similarly, i hope a number of applications from 2016 would be considered under the 2017 immigration limit, Any idea when this shift normally takes placeÉ

One would expect that to typically happen around mid year as the backlog from last year gets through the system this year. But it could be slightly later this year as there would be relatively more backlog from last year because they doled out 3000 ITAs/month then instead of the 2000 ITAs/month this year.

3. I also qualify for QSW, do you think its a good idea to apply for QSW now in their June Intake?

No harm in trying!

4. I've spent loads on immigration now, and have been stuck in this hassle since May 15 when we started working with LMIA leaving me highly distressed and clueless as to how i should plan ahead from here. Any additional advice based on your wisdom/experience would be highly appreciated.

Stay positive and focused! Always have plan B, C and D in place. QSW could be Plan B so have 2 other backup plans including other provincial nomination programs and even getting back to your home country, if required. 461 is a competitive score already and you may well be in with a chance in the coming months as the PNP applicants dry out 'temporarily' thereby making a 460 cutoff possible - no guarantees but it may just happen before Summer. Immigration can be a frustrating experience and it is important to be thinking 'right' through all the ups and downs. Hope things work out well for you.

Thank you for your great advice given to so many of troubled immigrants, that's really inspiring, im determined to keep extending this gesture myself once i'm through with my Immigration!

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Typically takes 24 hours to get the points credited to your MyCIC profile. Check it again on Monday and then edit if required.
Its already been 6 days now.

anirudhap

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Thanks for this kind gesture, ashutoshmanohar! Happy to help :)
Hi Asivad...
Could you please help in getting confirm that is SGSITS, Indore in MP, India and autonomous college or not? As per WES documents link (ugc.ac.in/page/Autonomous-Colleges.aspx) my university is not listed as the list is updated in 2009.

But i found another list updated in 2011 on same webpage (ugc.ac.in/oldpdf/colleges/374autocolleges_april11.pdf) where my unversity is listed and my college is shown as autonomus.

I am confused from where to get transcripts - my college of Study or University which issues degree?