+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
richkar99 said:
Hi Asivad,

My husband is self-employed and he has registered his organization in 2000. for supporting document, can i provide the certificate of proprietorship concern alone or any other docs required? Pl help.
That document alone won't budge. I think you must provide letters about your service from clients as well. Plus, tax papers and other documents that you might have to prove that the business is indeed yours .

richkar99

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-01-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
what about bank statement for past 6 months in his current account and a bank certificate with date of opening the account?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
richkar99 said:
what about bank statement for past 6 months in his current account and a bank certificate with date of opening the account?
That documentation is for Proof of Funds.

This is what is available to prove work experience for self employed applicants.

if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income, and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Here's the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Canuckoo2015

Aug 12, 2015
Hi asivad,
Got a letter yesterday asking for an FBI clearance certificate. I have not stayed for 6 months or more in the states but I frequently traveled for trainings and to visit my family. The guide states that they require pcc only if you have stayed for 6 consecutive months- that's why I have not requested and submitted such document.

Now, it will take 11 to 13 weeks for the processing from b the date they receive my fingerprints. The letter says they're giving me 30 days to submit the document.

How do I send a request for extension and how will I let them know that they need to revise the guide for pcc since they're asking it even if I haven't stayed in there for 6 consecutive months or more -www(dot)cic(dot)gc(dot)ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations(dot)asp

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Canuckoo2015 said:
Hi asivad,
Got a letter yesterday asking for an FBI clearance certificate. I have not stayed for 6 months or more in the states but I frequently traveled for trainings and to visit my family. The guide states that they require pcc only if you have stayed for 6 consecutive months- that's why I have not requested and submitted such document.

Now, it will take 11 to 13 weeks for the processing from b the date they receive my fingerprints. The letter says they're giving me 30 days to submit the document.

How do I send a request for extension and how will I let them know that they need to revise the guide for pcc since they're asking it even if I haven't stayed in there for 6 consecutive months or more -www(dot)cic(dot)gc(dot)ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations(dot)asp

Thanks
Apply for the FBI PCC right away and send CIC the proof of application. Also tell them politely that this is going to take 13 weeks time.

People have got multiple extensions.

richkar99

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-01-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
That documentation is for Proof of Funds.

This is what is available to prove work experience for self employed applicants.

if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income, and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Here's the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Hi Rajkamal,

Thanks for your replies...I am the principal applicant here. My husband is not. Does the above still hold good?

AM_008

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Marriage certificate isn't sufficient documentation, in itself, to be a valid 'legal' change of name document. If you have legally changed your name after marriage, you would already have the required documentation and you can submit that. If all you did was adopt your husband's surname for certain documents while on other documents you continue to retain your maiden surname, that might work in certain countries but it wouldn't work in Canada. You'll have to either get your name legally changed as per the policies in force in your country (this would require you to get your name changed on each of your documents so that you will end up with a revised set of documents, all of which will be in your new name) or get a notarized affidavit prepared which declares that it is the same person with multiple names appearing across various documents and proves this by attaching those documents as reference (these documents would naturally include marriage certificate, passport, birth certificate etc).
Thank you Asivad Anac,
We need these documents for my wife's form at the time when I'm the main applicant.
All she did was the adoption of my(husband's) surname(for ex.Johnson) after our marriage.
For instance, before the marriage her full name was Anna Smith, and after - Anna Johnson.

Our marriage certificate clearly says that wife's surname changed from Smith to Johnson.
In addition to this, all her documents such as Passport/Travel Document and National ID were reissued after marriage with her new name Anna Johnson.

In our country(Russia) the only proof that her surname was changed(in such case) is a Marriage Certificate.

So, I don't now what else I should upload..?? I always thought that to upload Marrige Certificate would be enough.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
richkar99 said:
Hi Rajkamal,

Thanks for your replies...I am the principal applicant here. My husband is not. Does the above still hold good?
The work experience of the secondary applicant is not considered for points if that experience was not gained in Canada.

In that case, no problem. he doesn't even have to disclose this in the employment section. It is enough if he discloses this in the personal history section.

richkar99

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-10-2015
AOR Received.
05-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-01-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2016
Thanks a lot!!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AM_008 said:
Thank you Asivad Anac,
We need these documents for my wife's form at the time when I'm the main applicant.
All she did was the adoption of my(husband's) surname(for ex.Johnson) after our marriage.
For instance, before the marrige her full name was Anna Smith, and after - Anna Johnson.

Our marrige certificate clearly says that wife's surname changed from Smith to Johnson.
In addition to this, all her documents such as Passport/Travel Document and National ID were reissued after marrige with her new name Anna Johnson.

In our country(Russia) the only proof that he surname was changed is a Marrige Certificate.

So, I don't now what else I should upload..?? I always thought that to upload Marrige Certificate would be enough.
Well, IMO, I think this will do. In addition to this, if you can get a notarized affidavit that says "The name change was only because of Marriage", would be solid.

AM_008

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, IMO, I think this will do. In addition to this, if you can get a notarized affidavit that says "The name change was only because of Marriage", would be solid.
Thank you!

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
AM_008 - You need submit an affidavit stating that the name has changed before marriage and the documents may contain her pre-marital name as well as her name post marriage.

It should be notarized as well. I have done the same thing as the educational documents, bank statement, experience letters differed from the other documents like passport / IELTS.

AM_008

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
Passport Req..
12-04-2016
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
AM_008 - You need submit an affidavit stating that the name has changed before marriage and the documents may contain her pre-marital name as well as her name post marriage.

It should be notarized as well. I have done the same thing as the educational documents, bank statement, experience letters differed from the other documents like passport / IELTS.
Thank you for your advice, but I think you do not understand my situation a little bit.
My wife's surname has changed not before marriage. On the day of the wedding, she officially took my surname. All this information(her maiden surname and her new(my) surname) is written in our marriage certificate.

It's logical that the only official document that can proof surname changes because of marriage - is a Marriage Certificate. So, I'm going to translate it in English with affidavit, scan everything and upload as Legal Name Change Doc.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

FSW program needs minimum 67 qualifying points out of 100 points and one of the criteria is Education:

Now, my query is that when can we claim the 23 points for "Masters Degree"?

Pls help me to understand this about Master degree points in FSW:
There is a mention of few specific degrees below Master degree, so does it mean that only those applicants having Masters degree in these mentioned fields of study can claim for Masters degree points in FSW selection Factors?

because below wordings are mentioned on cic website for FSW Selection Factors..

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

University degree at the Master’s level or equal (Footnote 2) OR University level entry-to-practice professional degree (or equal (Footnote 2)). Occupation related to the degree must be:
  • NOC 2011 Skill Level A, and
  • licensed by a provincial regulatory body.

Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy.