+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

soccerdude84

Jul 11, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
In your enthusiasm, you probably forgot to ask what clarification you are looking for and the next clarification 2) if at all?
nah mate, in the middle of my typing, the mouse pointer moved to post and i pressed "ENTER" while typing so my incomplete post was sent. I finished it now and tried posting but the system says its a duplicate post, so im checking this page again to see what the problem is and realized what has happened.

I am gonna post the complete clarification now :D

soccerdude84

Jul 11, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I received my ITA on June 28 and received acknowledgement of submission on 2nd August 2015. Today is 19th October and this is what the CIC website shows as my application updates:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
A final decision has been reached Not Started

1) Is this time line normal? Its been more than 2 and half months now and it seems only review of my medical results has passed?? Last time, within 2 weeks of my application, they sent me a rejection letter as I didn't provide my Australian police clearance and this was in June, but this time...
2) I have provided a Dubai police clearance dated 27th July 2015 and it mentions clearly at the bottom this is valid for 3 months only as per Dubai standards. This means by next week, my Dubai police certificate will expire. Can this be a reason for rejection? What can I do at this point?
3) Do you think I should send an email asking for updates or expediting my application?
4) Will the Canadian elections affect this process and if a different party than the existing one wins the elections?

Thanks!

PranavKat

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171 - FSW-Outland
Doc's Request.
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-07-2016
Hello Asivad,

I need your expert advice.
I forgot to mention my stay in Pune from Nov 2005 to Sep 2007 in my address history. Shall I send an update to CIC? What are your thoughts?

Please advise

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soccerdude84 said:
Hi Asivad,

I received my ITA on June 28 and received acknowledgement of submission on 2nd August 2015. Today is 19th October and this is what the CIC website shows as my application updates:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
A final decision has been reached Not Started

1) Is this time line normal? Its been more than 2 and half months now and it seems only review of my medical results has passed?? Last time, within 2 weeks of my application, they sent me a rejection letter as I didn't provide my Australian police clearance and this was in June, but this time...

Processing times vary from 60 to 150+ days depending on a variety of factors. There is no real 'normal' here.

2) I have provided a Dubai police clearance dated 27th July 2015 and it mentions clearly at the bottom this is valid for 3 months only as per Dubai standards. This means by next week, my Dubai police certificate will expire. Can this be a reason for rejection? What can I do at this point?

Not a problem. It was valid when you got your eAPR, doesn't matter beyond that.

3) Do you think I should send an email asking for updates or expediting my application?

That won't help. CIC will process applications on their own terms. Check if you have ECAS access. Apply for GCMS notes.

4) Will the Canadian elections affect this process and if a different party than the existing one wins the elections?

No. Don't let the forum scare you. Elections won't make any difference in the short term.

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PranavKat said:
Hello Asivad,

I need your expert advice.
I forgot to mention my stay in Pune from Nov 2005 to Sep 2007 in my address history. Shall I send an update to CIC? What are your thoughts?

Please advise
Clarify this further. The system wouldn't have let you submit if there was a 2 year gap in your personal history.

Did you mention any other city/country for this period? If you were in another city in India during that period, it doesn't matter and there is no reason to send an update to CIC. If you were in another country during that period, it is a serious concern because that would necessitate PCC for that period.

PranavKat

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171 - FSW-Outland
Doc's Request.
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-07-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Clarify this further. The system wouldn't have let you submit if there was a 2 year gap in your personal history.

Did you mention any other city/country for this period? If you were in another city in India during that period, it doesn't matter and there is no reason to send an update to CIC. If you were in another country during that period, it is a serious concern because that would necessitate PCC for that period.

Sure.
I am a native of Delhi India and residing here only.
I went to Pune India for my job during that period . Same is mentioned in my work history.
Whereas I missed out on mentioning about it in the address history.

Hence as per your suggestion, I need not mention anything right now and clarify about it if they ask it later during the application process.

Please correct me if my I understanding is wrong.

Thanks

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hello Asivad,

From the looks of it- you seem to be quite the knowledgeable and helpful person along with the rest of this helpful community. I have a few concerns of my own and I hope you can shed some light into this.

I am currently have a work-permit and I have been working here for 2 years. My Work Permit is set to expire on Feb 2016. Prior to that I was studying and graduated with a Diploma in B.SC IT. My current position is full-time Computer Programmer/Project Assistant. I have a Job Letter that is stating my employment. I have been in Canada for about 6 years.

1- Can I just apply through EE and use CEC to get to PR?
2- Should I extend my Work Permit and then apply through EE using CEC?
3- Do I need to get anything related to LMIA or the letter stating my employment with hours and pay is suffice?
4- Although I have a Job Letter and a Job, do I need to apply to the Job Bank?
5- Should I apply for PNP and then use it apply through EE?

I am 26 Year with a 2-Year Canadian Diploma in B.SC IT. My current job is Computer Programmer/Project Assistant. I have a Job Letter that states my employment. What does my points look like- I got 428 with CLB of 7. My current position work experience is a 1 year and counting but overall Canadian job experience is about 2 years.

I am just lost and confused. Need help so I can getting working on what I need to do. Thank you

P.S: My apologize if I wrote too much.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PranavKat said:
Sure.
I am a native of Delhi India and residing here only.
I went to Pune India for my job during that period . Same is mentioned in my work history.
Whereas I missed out on mentioning about it in the address history.

Hence as per your suggestion, I need not mention anything right now and clarify about it if they ask it later during the application process.

Please correct me if my I understanding is wrong.

Thanks
That's right.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
codeguru said:
Hello Asivad,

From the looks of it- you seem to be quite the knowledgeable and helpful person along with the rest of this helpful community. I have a few concerns of my own and I hope you can shed some light into this.

I am currently have a work-permit and I have been working here for 2 years. My Work Permit is set to expire on Feb 2016. Prior to that I was studying and graduated with a Diploma in B.SC IT. My current position is full-time Computer Programmer/Project Assistant. I have a Job Letter that is stating my employment. I have been in Canada for about 6 years.

1- Can I just apply through EE and use CEC to get to PR?

Yes. But you'll need to increase your language score to CLB 9 (8 in L and 7 in R/W/S on IELTS) as that would push you closer to or even possibly beyond 450. This is the only think you can do in the immediate future to have a direct impact on your CRS score.

2- Should I extend my Work Permit and then apply through EE using CEC?

Given that your WP expires in 4 months, you will need to get an ITA before the end of this year and submit your application, receive an AOR and use that to apply for a BOWP (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp). If you have thought of alternative routes of extending your WP without applying through EE, you can explore those simultaneously while waiting for an ITA.

3- Do I need to get anything related to LMIA or the letter stating my employment with hours and pay is suffice?

An LMIA job guarantees you 600 points hence an ITA. If you can speak with your employer to get you an LMIA and they agree to do it, that's the best way out for you. But there are risks associated with an LMIA. Read more here ---> http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml and speak with an immigration lawyer as well. This employment letter would suffice for all other purposes though.

4- Although I have a Job Letter and a Job, do I need to apply to the Job Bank?

Yes. Its a formality.

5- Should I apply for PNP and then use it apply through EE?

You should certainly explore all possible PN programs that appeal to you and take an informed decision. Follow the province specific forum threads for more information.

I am 26 Year with a 2-Year Canadian Diploma in B.SC IT. My current job is Computer Programmer/Project Assistant. I have a Job Letter that states my employment. What does my points look like- I got 428 with CLB of 7. My current position work experience is a 1 year and counting but overall Canadian job experience is about 2 years.

Retake your language test and improve your score to CLB 9. You will likely hit 450+ and get a 'regular' ITA before 2016.

I am just lost and confused. Need help so I can getting working on what I need to do. Thank you

P.S: My apologize if I wrote too much.

mcadam

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Please I need advise regarding Right of Permanent Residence fee (RPRF), to pay upfront or not?

Thank you.

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Hi Asivad,

Need a help..Just received RPRF request..
Is my understanding correct on the below points
-no fees required for dependent child
-can I pay fees for both me and my wife together..or should I do it once for me &then for my wife...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcadam said:
Hi Asivad,

Please I need advise regarding Right of Permanent Residence fee (RPRF), to pay upfront or not?

Thank you.
No harm at all in paying this upfront. If nothing else, it will hasten your process because they wouldn't have to send you another request and wait for you to pay before proceeding further on your application.

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

In regards to affidavit for job experience letter, my ex-colleague is no longer in the same organisation. Would it still work if they write an affidavit for me? If so what should we say in the affidavit regarding this particular point?

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deyka said:
Hi Asivad,

Need a help..Just received RPRF request..
Is my understanding correct on the below points
-no fees required for dependent child
-can I pay fees for both me and my wife together..or should I do it once for me &then for my wife...
RPRF doesn't apply to dependent children. You will have to pay 980 CAD for self and spouse. I imagine that you can pay it together.

shricks

Feb 11, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I submitted my application on August 30th (50 days) and since then there hasn't been any update. Neither medical nor ECAS. Just got the AOR on August 31st.
Please suggest what should I do at this stage.

Thanks.