+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Kasa1989

Sep 9, 2015
Asivad,

Need your help. I got an invite in the 15th draw. However, I have an issue with my spouse's work experience.

When she joined as a graduate trainee and was promoted to engineer after 6 months (we dont have any letter to show her change in designation)

While entering the details we entered the first 6months as graduate trainee and then engineer for 3 yrs and then senior engineer for 1yr

Further, the company changed its name in between when she was an engineer and we dont have reliving letter when the name changed. So basically we are missing two things:

1. Letter of designation change from GT to Engineer
2. Reliving letter or joining letter when the company changed names

While creating the profile, we had mentioned these changes in designation and company name as different lines but now i have a doubt they might reject our application as we dont have proper documents.

Wanted to check with you on the following things:

1. What are documents needed for the spouse employment history? She is not the main applicant- I am the main applicant
2. Her salary slip shows her date of joining from her initial days
3. Can we just show her offer letter as joining letter and a document from the HR that she is still an employee of the company?

Pls help

Indiansailor

Aug 15, 2015
ar seniors ,

I got Ita with crs 465
My wife is principal applicant
Dentist working for private clinic salary 8000rs
I am in merchant navy
I was gathering proof of funds information
As my wife salary is very less
But my account balance is healthy average of lsst six months arount 26000 canadian dollars
Can i show this as proof of funds being my wife be the principal applicant.

More over there is a big confusion in my education qualification. I have not done competency exams at to rise furthur up in marine field from ministry of shipping. It is not a graduation or have some specified time duration course, it is a type of marine pilot licence after secondry school. I am not claiming any points for my education qualification in express entry profile.
So i am showing my education as secondary school in express entry. But i will show everything in personal history that whatever i have done. So there will be any problem will i face regarding this.

Please help

Thankss

Cana_ICT

Oct 18, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
Do this only if you're sure it makes no difference to either your CRS or your program eligibility. Be aware that modifying primary NOC or work experience NOC should be done with extreme care as this has the potential to deem your profile ineligible - that will freeze your profile and you will lose the ITA as well.
Thanks Asivad! Previously, I entered my NOC as 2121 but now I changed that to 4011. It doesn't make any difference to the CRS and secondly, both of them are in "skill level A". I guess it will not be an issue. I will take that risk. Thanks again, Buddy!

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Here is the summary of my pof . My family size is 3 and hence my minimum pof is approx 18300 cad for CIC

My 6 month average is 18000 cad and my bank balance is 22500 cad.

This is because of the following reason

1)I had my lowest balance in Apr (which is the 1 st month of the last 6 month time frame) - 12700 cad
2) Sudden shoot up in bank balance in June - because of my bonus of 2250 cad . (i can show the proof of this , have the bonus letter from my company)

My questions are :-
-----------------------
1)The numbers above clearly show that I donot have the minimum funds maintained completely for last 6 months - I have the required funds built from my savings in last 6 months . is this a risk leading to rejection ?

2)I have transferred - 4 times money to India from my USA acct in this last 6 months - each time 1320 cad .Will CIC ask why I transferred the money to India ? I have my housing loan running there . But the loan is from my India account and not through my USA acct (The one which I am going to show to CIC). It will just show a foreign money exchange transaction in my USA acct bank statement .

3)Every month of course like others I have my CC being paid from this account ..But CC is for daily living expenses . I get my salary , I spend through my CC , and at end of billing cycle , I pay the CC balance . Will CIC question that ? .

Conclusion :
-----------------
So basically all my POF is in my salary account(One big account) . The funds for CIC is built over months only through my salary and NOT THRU gift or loan . - Credit transactions are only my salary and bonus and I can show proof of every single credit transactions.

My Only fear is

a) will they ask Why I transferred money to India 4 times ?
b) POF is not maintained for all 6months ... It is built over 6 months .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kasa1989 said:
Asivad,

Need your help. I got an invite in the 15th draw. However, I have an issue with my spouse's work experience.

When she joined as a graduate trainee and was promoted to engineer after 6 months (we dont have any letter to show her change in designation)

While entering the details we entered the first 6months as graduate trainee and then engineer for 3 yrs and then senior engineer for 1yr

Further, the company changed its name in between when she was an engineer and we dont have reliving letter when the name changed. So basically we are missing two things:

1. Letter of designation change from GT to Engineer
2. Reliving letter or joining letter when the company changed names

While creating the profile, we had mentioned these changes in designation and company name as different lines but now i have a doubt they might reject our application as we dont have proper documents.

First of all, was this work experience acquired in Canada? If not, ignore everything else written below and simply remove this work experience from your spouse's work history section and include in only in their personal history section. You get nothing for spouse's non-Canadian work experience and it is not worth all the trouble.

Wanted to check with you on the following things:

1. What are documents needed for the spouse employment history? She is not the main applicant- I am the main applicant

Exactly the same documents as you would need to prove anything for yourself. The most important document is a reference letter explicitly detailing job responsibilities - if this is not present, the experience won't be awarded points.

2. Her salary slip shows her date of joining from her initial days
3. Can we just show her offer letter as joining letter and a document from the HR that she is still an employee of the company?

CIC isn't simply keen on knowing that they were employed somewhere - they are keen on knowing that their employment was related to the exact same NOC as they have claimed in their profile. Just the joining letter, salary slips and document from HR will not suffice to prove this.

Pls help

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indiansailor said:
ar seniors ,

I got Ita with crs 465
My wife is principal applicant
Dentist working for private clinic salary 8000rs
I am in merchant navy
I was gathering proof of funds information
As my wife salary is very less
But my account balance is healthy average of lsst six months arount 26000 canadian dollars
Can i show this as proof of funds being my wife be the principal applicant.

Recommend that you either make this a joint account with your wife or gift the required amount to your wife to showcase as POF. Attach a signed self-declaration that you are transferring this money to your spouse as a gift to showcase as POF and that this is not a loan hence need not be repaid to you at any point in time. In this letter, mention all possible transaction details as well. Attach this along with the bank letter in the required format which shows 6 months average balance as well. Along with all these documents, attach an LOE (Letter of explanation) wherein you connect all the dots to further clarify the gift situation to the officer.

More over there is a big confusion in my education qualification. I have not done competency exams at to rise furthur up in marine field from ministry of shipping. It is not a graduation or have some specified time duration course, it is a type of marine pilot licence after secondry school. I am not claiming any points for my education qualification in express entry profile.
So i am showing my education as secondary school in express entry. But i will show everything in personal history that whatever i have done. So there will be any problem will i face regarding this.

No problems with this approach.

Please help

Thankss

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Hi Asivad,

Here is the summary of my pof . My family size is 3 and hence my minimum pof is approx 18300 cad for CIC

My 6 month average is 18000 cad and my bank balance is 22500 cad.

This is because of the following reason

1)I had my lowest balance in Apr (which is the 1 st month of the last 6 month time frame) - 12700 cad
2) Sudden shoot up in bank balance in June - because of my bonus of 2250 cad . (i can show the proof of this , have the bonus letter from my company)

My questions are :-
-----------------------
1)The numbers above clearly show that I donot have the minimum funds maintained completely for last 6 months - I have the required funds built from my savings in last 6 months . is this a risk leading to rejection ?

No. Provided you can conclusively prove that there was no borrowing involved.

2)I have transferred - 4 times money to India from my USA acct in this last 6 months - each time 1320 cad .Will CIC ask why I transferred the money to India ? I have my housing loan running there . But the loan is from my India account and not through my USA acct (The one which I am going to show to CIC). It will just show a foreign money exchange transaction in my USA acct bank statement .

That is fine - CIC cannot question your personal transactions. Recommend that you ask your bank to mention 6 months average balance in the letter itself so that you don't have to attach 6 month bank statements. Even if you provide 6 month bank statements to CIC, you can safely mask all the transaction details (your personal finances are not CIC's business) and just highlight each month's opening/closing balance.

3)Every month of course like others I have my CC being paid from this account ..But CC is for daily living expenses . I get my salary , I spend through my CC , and at end of billing cycle , I pay the CC balance . Will CIC question that ? .

No. Like I said, your personal finances are for you to manage - CIC just wants to know that you have unfettered access to unencumbered funds for your particular case of POF.

Conclusion :
-----------------
So basically all my POF is in my salary account(One big account) . The funds for CIC is built over months only through my salary and NOT THRU gift or loan . - Credit transactions are only my salary and bonus and I can show proof of every single credit transactions.

My Only fear is

a) will they ask Why I transferred money to India 4 times ?

No. And the best workaround is to NOT show 6 month bank statements. Just get your bank to mention average balance.

b) POF is not maintained for all 6months ... It is built over 6 months .

Perfectly fine. CIC is only concerned about applicants using borrowed funds as POF. You are even allowed to sell an asset and deposit 20000 CAD into your account 1 day before submitting your application - that will be valid provided you can prove asset ownership and showcase the sale proceeds being credited to your bank account. There is no requirement that the monies be present for 6 months.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Thanks Asivad ,

My bank is fine with mentioning the 6 month average in the letter . infact they no need to manually do the math . 6 month avg is already a existing field in their system .

So if I am able to get the bank letter stating 6 month average ( a single field / number ) is that fine ? no need to submit bank statements ?

Also in the letter do you want them to mention the opening and closing balance of each month ? like a tabular column --- I think my bank wont refuse to give one like this .. But please say is that what u mean to say ?

Manju Sagwal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad Anac,

Can you please clear the confusion regarding PreMedicals for express Entry.
It seems we are supposed to provide some inputs to the doctor
e.g.
(EDE or nonEDE) & type (worker, family or visit)

for Main applicant,spouse and kids.

for all categories:

1- FSW

2- CEC

3-FST

4-PNP

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Here is a synopsis of my work exp:-

1. Technical support - 7 months from may'08-dec'08.
2. US healthcare claims support - 3.4 years from jan'09-may'12.
3. Administrative Assistant - 2.5 years from may'12-oct'14.
My question is can I mention 3 different noc codes for the above 3 different job roles.
Does EE allow it? And if at all I put three noc codes, will provinces consider me for all the 3 noc codes or only the ones in which I have worked for more than a year?
Please help. TIA.

mcadam

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
Hi Asivad Anac,

Great job you're doing here (y)

Please I need your advise. I got ITA yesterday but I just discovered I made a mistake in my EE profile regarding my education. I had indicated that it was a Canadian degree instead of indicating that I had an ECA and then providing my ECA details. I only discovered this now when I was wondering why I wasn't asked for my ECA details.

Anyway, it turns out my CRS score will remain the same either way. But I am now seriously considering declining the ITA instead of just changing the information in my eAPR and getting rejected for misinformation. Or is there another way out of this for me? Please advise.

Another issue I have is that, I attended the foreign (Dubai) campus of a Scottish institution but my qualification is a UK degree and there is no mention of the foreign campus on the credentials. My ECA also says that it is a UK degree since my transcripts was sent directly from the home campus in Scotland. What would be the right thing to enter where it says 'Country of study' and 'City of study'? Should it be Edinburgh/Scotland/UK or Dubai/UAE?

Thanks in anticipation.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Thanks Asivad ,

My bank is fine with mentioning the 6 month average in the letter . infact they no need to manually do the math . 6 month avg is already a existing field in their system .

So if I am able to get the bank letter stating 6 month average ( a single field / number ) is that fine ? no need to submit bank statements ?

Also in the letter do you want them to mention the opening and closing balance of each month ? like a tabular column --- I think my bank wont refuse to give one like this .. But please say is that what u mean to say ?
If your bank can mention the 6 months average balance, there is no need to send in monthly statements or opening/closing balance of each month (CIC never asks for those).

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manju Sagwal said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

Can you please clear the confusion regarding PreMedicals for express Entry.
It seems we are supposed to provide some inputs to the doctor
e.g.
(EDE or nonEDE) & type (worker, family or visit)

for Main applicant,spouse and kids.

for all categories:

1- FSW

2- CEC

3-FST

4-PNP
Don't think it works like that. I imagine it will be non-EDE Worker for the PA and EDE Family for others in the application but the clinic should know best.