Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
infomaster said:
Hello Asivad,

I started looking at the documents link you had shared and it is indeed helpful. A couple of questions though --

1) Can I get a reference letter from my company's HR instead of a supervisor ?

Yes.

2) The document says that you need to get your experience for the last 10 years. Although I does have an experience of 11+ years but the fact is 3 years out of that are from my previous company. Now I do not want to get a reference letter from my prior employer is because the job position which I was working does not match with the NOC profile I am applying so not sure what relevance would that carry even if I get that. So my question is ---

a) is it okay to provide a reference letter from my current company where I have 8+ years exp within the purview of the NOC that I intend to apply ?

Yes.

b) Secondly, will I loose any points if I do not submit reference letters to account for 10 years ?

Not at all. Experience points max out at 3 years. Remove that previous job from Work history as well, retain only this job.

3) On a job reference letter standpoint, I was referring one of the links on CIC , where it also mentions to attach the business card of the supervisor sending reference letter. Now the question is - in my case I will get this from our company's HR and I do not think I will get the business card as they will issue me on our company's letter head signed by their HR Head. So my question is - Have you seen such cases before if it is still mandatory to send business cards ?

Business card is not mandatory. It is useful inasmuch as providing information about the signatory. If your reference letter is on official letterhead, you don't need to provide official visiting card.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JonesM said:
Hey champ,

my employment letters did not specify as 'full time or permanent' but indicated 40 as average number of hours rendered. will this be fine?
If you have an LMIA supported job, No. If this is about other work reference letters, it will be fine.

JonesM

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you have an LMIA supported job, No. If this is about other work reference letters, it will be fine.
this is my work reference letter so now i dont have to worry about it. thank you champ!

infomaster

Jul 11, 2015
Awesome Man !!!!! This helps .

One more thing, I have been hearing and its confirmed that recession had hit Canada. According to few experts with whom I had talked, it seems it will continue to last atleast 12 months to 24 months. What do you think the general prospect of us landing there without a job. I guess, the markets will shrink and getting even an FSW entry will become a luxury .

See this.http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/growth/canadas-economy-shrinks/article26172722/

infomaster

Jul 11, 2015
Hello Asivad,

I back again with a couple of more questions and sorry for keep bothering you.

In my current company, I have an overall work experience of 8.5 years. Out of this, the first 3 years in the company were on a Developer/BA profile, while the next 5.5 years are more into management roles. Even my reference letter also depicts the same starting with the most recent job position on top (mgmt) and programmer/BA responsibilities at the bottom. However, I wish to apply in FSW for the NOC jobcode related to a programmer/BA.

My questions to you--

1) Does CIC only see the latest last 3 years to match with the NOC job code responsibilities ?

2) If NO to the above question, then is it ok to apply in the BA job code although the experience is 3+ but it is earlier in the year out of total 8.5 years in this company and is not the role I am playing nowadays ?

3) Is there a limit on the no. of pages for the reference letter ? The reason I am asking -- In my current company I have moved to many positions and if I include the responsibilities of all those positions, my reference letter is going to become a 6-7 pager document in itself. So my question is - what is the general recommendation here ?

Looking forward to your advice as ever.....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
infomaster said:
Hello Asivad,

I back again with a couple of more questions and sorry for keep bothering you.

In my current company, I have an overall work experience of 8.5 years. Out of this, the first 3 years in the company were on a Developer/BA profile, while the next 5.5 years are more into management roles. Even my reference letter also depicts the same starting with the most recent job position on top (mgmt) and programmer/BA responsibilities at the bottom. However, I wish to apply in FSW for the NOC jobcode related to a programmer/BA.

My questions to you--

1) Does CIC only see the latest last 3 years to match with the NOC job code responsibilities ?

No. Any experience gained within last 10 years is equally valid provided it is under NOC 0/A/B.

2) If NO to the above question, then is it ok to apply in the BA job code although the experience is 3+ but it is earlier in the year out of total 8.5 years in this company and is not the role I am playing nowadays ?

Yes.

3) Is there a limit on the no. of pages for the reference letter ? The reason I am asking -- In my current company I have moved to many positions and if I include the responsibilities of all those positions, my reference letter is going to become a 6-7 pager document in itself. So my question is - what is the general recommendation here ?

In your case, the most critical element would be the responsibilities during first 3 years because you want to use that as the Primary NOC. For the remaining 5.5 years, you'll not get any CRS points because they max out at 3 years so it is entirely your choice to add those in your reference letter or leave them out of work history altogether. If you're adding them, you'll need to mention distinct set of responsibilities for each NOC you've worked under during those 5.5 years. If you've only changed job designations/positions without change in NOC, you don't need to mention responsibilities each time.

Looking forward to your advice as ever.....

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hello Asivad,

I am new to this forum and I have a very important enquiry and I was referred to you, i.e. someone suggested that I ask you since you have been most helpful on this forum and I can see that they are right.

I am currently being assessed by Ontario for the PNP after receiving AOR on August 25th, so I figure if I was to obtain a positive response from them, I should have a PNP by the beginning of October then apply as soon as I receive an ITA.

For the OOPNP application they asked for a passport valid for at least 2 years or else an explanation letter. My current passport is only valid till next august (2016) so I provided the latter since I would have needed at least 2 months to have a new passport issued since I am currently outside my home country and the embassy is pretty slow.

In general I do intend to get a new passport since I am visiting my home country for a week or so in 2 weeks time so I will issue a new passport ; moreover, I had changed my signature (to one in english) since 6 years ago (when I got my first passport).

So my questions are as follows and I am sorry if it is a bit too much but I think they might increase risk of a rejection:

1- New passport means a new passport number, I would have to update my EE profile with the new info, but do I have to update OOPNP as well and would it affect my PNP chances since I already got an AOR and PNP nomination might be just around the corner (with emphasis on might)?

2- Would the difference between the signatures in my old and new passport cause any issue or shall I keep the old one (but I had ditched it long ago since a signature in english is much more convenient so it might seem like I am forging my old signature) ? P.S: For the OOPNP application, I signed using my current passport signature not my signature in english.

3- What is the minimum passport validity required when sending my FSW application?

I hope you can advise me because I tried emailing my specific visa office and they have decided to only reply to people with case and file numbers.

Regards,

infomaster

Jul 11, 2015
Got it ..thanks Asivad.

I guess while re-reviewing my responsibilities, I do perform BA responsibilities but only to a certain extent even in my current profile. So from that sense , I can still include few responsibilities in line with BA NOC code in my current profile. By doing this, I think I can still claim that I have been doing my core responsibilities of a BA in the initial 3 years, while still leveraging those responsibilities in my current profile too for the next 5.5 years.

This above combination will help me gain points on the basis of a single BA NOC code across these 8.5 years. What are your thoughts ?

dream-catcher

Aug 23, 2015
Thank you, Specialmary and Asivad Anac;

I have once again find issue (question) for you so that I will once again thank you....

Now I explore the immigration of Qubic which will be on from 01st of Oct. 2015. I have calculated my score (Determine your eligibility for Qubic) and got 57 Points (with spouse). If you could check and advice;

[Education] [10] (ECA / WES as per WES "Bachelor's 04 Years")*
[Area's of Training] [06] (Falling in Section-C) "Social Sciences and Humanities (Bach.)"
[Work Experience] [08] (Experience of 6 Years in same field / social science / work)
[Age] [16] (18-35 Years)
[Language Profic] [05] (IELTS) "02 in advance and 03 in intermediate three sections (2+1+1+1)"
[Spouse/Charact.] [07] (03 for education, 02 Area's of Training, 02 Points Age, 0 Language)
[Children] [04] (01 Child, 15 months old)
[Financial Suffici.] [01] (have sufficient funds)

[Grand Total] [57]

Questions:
> Are above calculation (segregation of points) is OK??
> Is WES / ECA will be accepted ?? if not, should I apply (when open new rules) and in case selected, my education credentials be assessed later from Qubic assessing body
> Is it necessary to enroll my profession in social service sector (Qubic) or I should apply for immigration and later do this..
> Is there any social work body (Canada) which registration accepted by all provinces / qubic??

Waiting for your kind advice / response..... Thank you..... in advance

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
infomaster said:
Got it ..thanks Asivad.

I guess while re-reviewing my responsibilities, I do perform BA responsibilities but only to a certain extent even in my current profile. So from that sense , I can still include few responsibilities in line with BA NOC code in my current profile. By doing this, I think I can still claim that I have been doing my core responsibilities of a BA in the initial 3 years, while still leveraging those responsibilities in my current profile too for the next 5.5 years.

This above combination will help me gain points on the basis of a single BA NOC code across these 8.5 years. What are your thoughts ?
From my understanding, you sort of want to blur the job duties of your two jobs. That is impossible. CIC will view your having two different job experience - One for your first 2.5 years of job experience and another for your 5.5 years of job experience. You probably need different job duty descriptions for the two separate job experience. CIC officers will then match your two separate job experience with two separate NOC codes.

Partial fulfillment from two different NOC codes is not acceptable. You need fulfillment of one NOC occupation for your first 2.5 years and then fulfillment of another NOC occupation for your next 5.5 years of job experience.

Therefore, you may want to avoid blurring your job duties in your work letters. Make them clear to the officer so that they have less reasons to reject your application.

Alternatively, you may want to have a letter that describes only ONE job code, with only one set of job duties. That is fine too (although this may contradict your EE profile, which may cause trouble).

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
dream-catcher said:
Thank you, Specialmary and Asivad Anac;

I have once again find issue (question) for you so that I will once again thank you....

Now I explore the immigration of Qubic which will be on from 01st of Oct. 2015. I have calculated my score (Determine your eligibility for Qubic) and got 57 Points (with spouse). If you could check and advice;

[Education] [10] (ECA / WES as per WES "Bachelor's 04 Years")*
[Area's of Training] [06] (Falling in Section-C) "Social Sciences and Humanities (Bach.)"
[Work Experience] [08] (Experience of 6 Years in same field / social science / work)
[Age] [16] (18-35 Years)
[Language Profic] [05] (IELTS) "02 in advance and 03 in intermediate three sections (2+1+1+1)"
[Spouse/Charact.] [07] (03 for education, 02 Area's of Training, 02 Points Age, 0 Language)
[Children] [04] (01 Child, 15 months old)
[Financial Suffici.] [01] (have sufficient funds)

[Grand Total] [57]

Questions:
> Are above calculation (segregation of points) is OK??
> Is WES / ECA will be accepted ?? if not, should I apply (when open new rules) and in case selected, my education credentials be assessed later from Qubic assessing body
> Is it necessary to enroll my profession in social service sector (Qubic) or I should apply for immigration and later do this..
> Is there any social work body (Canada) which registration accepted by all provinces / qubic??

Waiting for your kind advice / response..... Thank you..... in advance
I am surprised if you do not need French (i.e., TEF results) for Quebec immigration, although I have no knowledge of Quebec immigration.

EE does not accept Quebec immigration. Maybe you should post your questions in another thread / board.

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hello specialmary,

You seem to have good knowledge of how the system works as well, so can you please advise me on my questions earlier?

Regards,

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
perfectSkilledMigrant said:
Hello specialmary,

You seem to have good knowledge of how the system works as well, so can you please advise me on my questions earlier?

Regards,
Ontario PNP does not work the same as CIC FSW. Therefore, I could not advise. But it seems that you can take a Commissioner of Oath declaring validity of both of your signature. Doing extra does not hurt.

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
specialmary said:
Ontario PNP does not work the same as CIC FSW. Therefore, I could not advise. But it seems that you can take a Commissioner of Oath declaring validity of both of your signature. Doing extra does not hurt.
Thanks for the reply.

Can you at least tell me how CIC would deal with it? i.e. Passport validity required

And concerning the signature, it is witness by an officer from the the General Security forces which is the issuing entity for passports in my home country and they would attach my old passport to the new one (for visa related reasons), wouldn't that be enough? I do am not aware of how to take perform that commissioner of oath suggestion in my country.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
perfectSkilledMigrant said:
Thanks for the reply.

Can you at least tell me how CIC would deal with it? i.e. Passport validity required

And concerning the signature, it is witness by an officer from the the General Security forces which is the issuing entity for passports in my home country and they would attach my old passport to the new one (for visa related reasons), wouldn't that be enough? I do am not aware of how to take perform that commissioner of oath suggestion in my country.
I am really unsure. Maybe other members on this forum have similar experience. Your case is quite special.

You can take an oath in front of a judge or government officer. Usually countries provides commissioner of oath service for a small fee. You may provide your previous and current signature and to declare their validity, as well as the validity of your old and new passport.

If you are applying for PNP, then phone to the PNP office and ask. For CIC, they may not answer your enquiries unfortunately, but you can still send them an e-mail.