Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcadam said:
Hi Asivad,

I am a Nov AOR and still expecting PPR. I would like your suggestion regarding applying for a new passport before PPR, because my current passport expires in February 2017. And from what I've read on the forum, PPR e-mail usually mandates that passports must be valid for at least 12 months, although some say it is 6 months. Perhaps it depends on VO/LVO? I am not sure of my VO but I am resident in South Africa, so LVO is probably Pretoria.

Please give your suggestion on the steps I should take, apply for a new passport now before PPR or wait? Thanks in advance...
6 months.

Nov AORs have reported PPRs for a while now so your could be around the corner. Recommend that you renew your passport right away (if it takes less than 2 weeks to do so) or renew it after landing in Canada.

divdiv

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Hey, Asivad

I received ITA on 10th Feb and have time until 9th April to submit my application. I'm struggling with the translation of my passport stamps. Few of the stamps and visa are in languages other than english and french and hence translation is required.

The problem is that the text on many of the stamps is blurred and completely unreadable. I read somewhere that in place of such text on the translation document the translator can write 'illegible text'. Could you pls confirm if this is allowed by CIC or is there any other way around this problem too.
I've reached out to multiple translators and none of them seem to be able to read it.

Waiting for your response. Thanks in advance for your help! You're doing such a great job in this forum.

Thanks
Divdiv

rorounikenra

Mar 24, 2016
hi,

i am also in a kind of similar situation with divdiv. I received an AOR last Dec 15 and hoping to get a PPR maybe around June this year. However, my passport's expiration date is actually still a few years away, but it is my dependents who have a passport expiration of Dec 2016. Do you think they need to renew their passports now?

appreciate any information you can give on this.

regards.

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
rorounikenra said:
hi,

i am also in a kind of similar situation with divdiv. I received an AOR last Dec 15 and hoping to get a PPR maybe around June this year. However, my passport's expiration date is actually still a few years away, but it is my dependents who have a passport expiration of Dec 2016. Do you think they need to renew their passports now?

appreciate any information you can give on this.

regards.
if you have not received your PPR yet, my advice to you is to renew your passports which are expiring in dec 2016 and raise a cse of new pp's bio data page to your VO once new passport is issued.

Bcoz for say if you get PPR in June than atleast 2-3 weeks are taken by VO to stamp visa and than you have to fly before dec 2016 bfore the visa expires.

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

Forgive me if its a silly question..

If my company is sending me to Canada via an internal transfer.. Do they still have to get LMIA even though I have a PR..?

Thanks

murtazajaffri_cca

Jun 3, 2015
Karachi, PK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
Doc's Request.
02-11-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-11-2015
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
16-07-2016
aeropostale said:
Hi Asivad,

Forgive me if its a silly question..

If my company is sending me to Canada via an internal transfer.. Do they still have to get LMIA even though I have a PR..?

Thanks
i believe no, you do not need LMIA, your case is pre-landing employment arrangement :D

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
divdiv said:
Hey, Asivad

I received ITA on 10th Feb and have time until 9th April to submit my application. I'm struggling with the translation of my passport stamps. Few of the stamps and visa are in languages other than english and french and hence translation is required.

The problem is that the text on many of the stamps is blurred and completely unreadable. I read somewhere that in place of such text on the translation document the translator can write 'illegible text'. Could you pls confirm if this is allowed by CIC or is there any other way around this problem too.
I've reached out to multiple translators and none of them seem to be able to read it.

Waiting for your response. Thanks in advance for your help! You're doing such a great job in this forum.

Thanks
Divdiv
IRCC doesn't ask for passport stamps or their translations. They only need bio page(s) from your valid passport.

mohit7700

Mar 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April
Doc's Request.
18th April
AOR Received.
14th April
Med's Done....
16th April
Passport Req..
26th october
hello Asivad Sir...i have a question regarding proof of funds...my wife is a principal applicant and i am dependant and we are showing funds together like we r showing around 20000 CAD and requirement is around 15,200 CAD.60% funds are in my wife's account and 40% in mine...is dere any problem wid that????

also bank authorities are giving balance certificates on their letter head with just name,account no.,balance and date mentioned on it with manager signature...bank address ,email id,phone number already mentioned on letter head..is that ok????

thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohit7700 said:
hello Asivad Sir...i have a question regarding proof of funds...my wife is a principal applicant and i am dependant and we are showing funds together like we r showing around 20000 CAD and requirement is around 15,200 CAD.60% funds are in my wife's account and 40% in mine...is dere any problem wid that????

Shouldn't be a problem. Try getting your spouse added to your account as joint account holder though.

also bank authorities are giving balance certificates on their letter head with just name,account no.,balance and date mentioned on it with manager signature...bank address ,email id,phone number already mentioned on letter head..is that ok????

That is fine. Make sure that they are either providing 6 months average balance or bank statements for the last 6 months.

thanks

mohit7700

Mar 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April
Doc's Request.
18th April
AOR Received.
14th April
Med's Done....
16th April
Passport Req..
26th october
thanx Asivad Sir...i have already added my wife's name in my account but balance certificate was only showing my name????

secondly our 50% funds are just 3-4 months older...and our funds are also in 3-4 accounts...so is dat ok if i not provide them average balance for 6 months or 6 months statement and just upload balance certificates for all accounts????

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohit7700 said:
thanx Asivad Sir...i have already added my wife's name in my account but balance certificate was only showing my name????

secondly our 50% funds are just 3-4 months older...and our funds are also in 3-4 accounts...so is dat ok if i not provide them average balance for 6 months or 6 months statement and just upload balance certificates for all accounts????
That will be a problem. If the funds haven't been available for at least 6 months, IRCC will want to know sources of these funds. You'll have to provide conclusive evidence that these funds weren't borrowed from anywhere.

mohit7700

Mar 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April
Doc's Request.
18th April
AOR Received.
14th April
Med's Done....
16th April
Passport Req..
26th october
actually Asivad Sir funds belong to us only but funds were in cash form before dec and in dec i started putting funds in accounts....so what to do now???

ogbg

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hi, I am PNP outlander (live in USA), AOR December 2015. I did not submit the FBI police certificate with the application then they gave my 2 months to submit it.
The 2 months ended at March 22, I already submit the FBI at the beginning of March. At March 23, the BGC went into progress.
Do you think I can expect PPR soon or this is just happen due to the due date (March 22)? Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohit7700 said:
actually Asivad Sir funds belong to us only but funds were in cash form before dec and in dec i started putting funds in accounts....so what to do now???
You cannot prove source of funds for cash.

Start afresh. Use another account (which is in the PA's name) other than these 2 accounts. Get some relative/friend to deposit the entire POF amount into that account. You can pay them that money through those other 2 accounts so this is just an accounting transaction. What this does is it allows you to claim that money deposited by relative/friend as a 'gift' to PA. Get a signed self-declaration from the relative/friend explicitly stating that those funds are a gift not a loan hence need not be returned to them at any point in time. Get a bank letter for that account showing all details as required by IRCC including 6 months average balance. Attach proof of fund transfer as well. Submit all of this along with an LoE connecting the dots - do NOT mention anything about the 'accounting transaction' in this LoE - do NOT try and make the claim that this money belongs to you and was simply routed through a relative/friend - just explain that this is a gift intended to help you settle down in Canada. Also do not showcase those other 2 accounts anywhere in your PR application.

All the best!