Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
expressTarun said:
hello CanadaWeCome,

I've shown two companies experience in CIC express entry profile.
1. First Company: 5y9m(have RnR letter)
2. Second Company: 4m(don't have RnR letter)

I've received PT invite from ONTARIO. I am preparing the application for PNP. What shall i do here. If i plan to exclude second company. how shall i do it? what are different things i need to update ?

PS: Apologies for my ignorance.
Mention in the OINP form. Add a short note along with the application that you aren't keen on claiming points for Company 2 hence haven't included any reference letter for the same.

expressTarun

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Mention in the OINP form. Add a short note along with the application that you aren't keen on claiming points for Company 2 hence haven't included any reference letter for the same.
Okay. Thanks. So, just confirming I am not supposed to modify my Express entry profile. Just i need to add a note with PNP application that i am not keen for claiming the points.
Additionally, In work experience section in PNP application mention only about first company. Right?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
expressTarun said:
Okay. Thanks. So, just confirming I am not supposed to modify my Express entry profile. Just i need to add a note with PNP application that i am not keen for claiming the points.
Additionally, In work experience section in PNP application mention only about first company. Right?
You can modify your EE profile information as well. That job isn't making any difference to your application assuming you have at least 67/100 on the FSW grid just with the other job.

joannashui

Feb 24, 2016
Hi Asivad, I've been reading your reply and they are very helpful. Thank you!

Can you take a look of my situation please. I have one year foreign work experience, however that company terminated its business in 2015 (probably bankruptcy). I contacted my direct supervisor in that company and he's willing to provide me a reference letter. He said that I can draft the letter myself and he will sign it for me.
I still have the electronic version of company letterhead but I am not sure whether I can still use it. Also, in my supervisor's position, should I put "Former....(job title)" or what? and should I also provide his current company and position? For other evidences, I have his old business card and my previous job contract.

Should that be enough? Please advise. Thank you!!

kumargoyal

Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

I have submitted my application but did not get the employment reference letter notarized. It was given by my reporting manager in his personal capacity as my employer refused to provide the same(had attached their refusal email as well). Will this a problem?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joannashui said:
Hi Asivad, I've been reading your reply and they are very helpful. Thank you!

Can you take a look of my situation please. I have one year foreign work experience, however that company terminated its business in 2015 (probably bankruptcy). I contacted my direct supervisor in that company and he's willing to provide me a reference letter. He said that I can draft the letter myself and he will sign it for me.
I still have the electronic version of company letterhead but I am not sure whether I can still use it. Also, in my supervisor's position, should I put "Former....(job title)" or what? and should I also provide his current company and position? For other evidences, I have his old business card and my previous job contract.

Should that be enough? Please advise. Thank you!!
If the letter is dated earlier than the time this company terminated its business, not a problem. The company's letterhead loses its sanctity and value after the company terminates its business.

The usage of 'former' would depend on the date of this letter. As also the details about their 'current' whereabouts. If you're providing a past-dated letter on company letterhead, none of the facts on the letter can be from 2016.

If you don't want to get a past-dated letter, go for a simple letter on plain paper with the exact same contents but dated recently. This letter can have all 'facts' as they apply today. Get your ex-manager to sign this letter, get it notarized prior to submission, attach their business card and also attach all relevant proof of employment to support the facts mentioned in the letter. That should suffice.

All the best!

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hi Asivad,

Hope you are well!

I just wanted to ask a quick question,It was selling event tickets to pharmaceutical companies. Getting teams and groups to attend our events and then selling post conference materials, advising them on the right events that we hold.

I think i can still match them to make it technical,

- Promote sales to existing clients
Any new events we had or events coming up, promote post conference materials to clients.
- Assess clients’ needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
They might not be the right fit for one event, or post conference materials, i.e. speaker recordings, presentations may fit them.
- Provide input into product design where goods or services must be tailored to suit client’s needs,
Attending several events throughout the year depending on the clients needs, and who should attend. one event they may need coo the next they may need CIO
- Develop reports and proposals as part of sales presentation to illustrate benefits from use of goods or services.
Send them out proposals of why the event is relevant, statistics of previous events as well.
- Estimate costs of installing and maintain equipment or service
how much it is going to cost for them to attend, how much are the post conference materials.
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to equipment.
this might be tricky, but some of our events clients could pay and virtually attend, any issues with the client not being able to see the event or hear, i would then be reached and sort out.

Do you recon that would be classed as technical?

Also, Do you need to provide pay stubs for my foreign work? My experience was from august - august, one year. I can get my previous company to state dates, wage, duties, on a stamped company letter head. There was issue with my pay stubs so i missed out on two weeks, at the start which would class me 2 weeks under the 52 week threshold.

Will they ask for pay stubs?

Thank you for your help!

Human11

Feb 26, 2016
Hi Asivad
I have a questtion

My PGWP application was refused due to missing document, however i applied again and got approved
Then
My PGWP extension application was Returned because of wrong fee amount. and because of that I was out of status for 2 days, then my PGWP was extended at boarder.

So in statutory questions,
Has XXXXX XXXXX you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? I answered NO

Has XXXXX XXXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?: I said YES

so my question is that do I have to mention about Being out of status even though it doesn't mention the word EXPIRED STATUS anywhere ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumargoyal said:
Hi Asivad,

I have submitted my application but did not get the employment reference letter notarized. It was given by my reporting manager in his personal capacity as my employer refused to provide the same(had attached their refusal email as well). Will this a problem?
Probably not a problem but it depends. Have you attached their business card? What other documents have you submitted for this work experience?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinyspoon said:
Hi Asivad,

Hope you are well!

I just wanted to ask a quick question,It was selling event tickets to pharmaceutical companies. Getting teams and groups to attend our events and then selling post conference materials, advising them on the right events that we hold.

I think i can still match them to make it technical,

- Promote sales to existing clients
Any new events we had or events coming up, promote post conference materials to clients.
- Assess clients’ needs and resources and recommend the appropriate goods or services
They might not be the right fit for one event, or post conference materials, i.e. speaker recordings, presentations may fit them.
- Provide input into product design where goods or services must be tailored to suit client’s needs,
Attending several events throughout the year depending on the clients needs, and who should attend. one event they may need coo the next they may need CIO
- Develop reports and proposals as part of sales presentation to illustrate benefits from use of goods or services.
Send them out proposals of why the event is relevant, statistics of previous events as well.
- Estimate costs of installing and maintain equipment or service
how much it is going to cost for them to attend, how much are the post conference materials.
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to equipment.
this might be tricky, but some of our events clients could pay and virtually attend, any issues with the client not being able to see the event or hear, i would then be reached and sort out.

Do you recon that would be classed as technical?

Unlikely that you would be able to claim your work experience under this NOC as your job did not involve product sales/service. You should probably be looking at Retail sales NOC or something else more relevant to your experience.
Also, Do you need to provide pay stubs for my foreign work? My experience was from august - august, one year. I can get my previous company to state dates, wage, duties, on a stamped company letter head. There was issue with my pay stubs so i missed out on two weeks, at the start which would class me 2 weeks under the 52 week threshold.

Will they ask for pay stubs?

Pay stubs aren't required if your reference letter clearly establishes that this was paid work experience.

Thank you for your help!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Human11 said:
Hi Asivad
I have a questtion

My PGWP application was refused due to missing document, however i applied again and got approved
Then
My PGWP extension application was Returned because of wrong fee amount. and because of that I was out of status for 2 days, then my PGWP was extended at boarder.

So in statutory questions,
Has DILSHAD USMAN you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? I answered NO

Has DILSHAD USMAN ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?: I said YES

so my question is that do I have to mention about Being out of status even though it doesn't mention the word EXPIRED STATUS anywhere ?
Answer Yes to both questions as you did have a refusal on your PGWP. Doesn't really matter in the larger scheme of things - you'll get a Schedule A request at some point and you can add a short note explaining this in that form.

tinyspoon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Thank you asivad,

But the post conference materials are products that we sell. And we can that material ( made up from recordings, power point training decks ) So they are an actual product / learning service

Human11

Feb 26, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Answer Yes to both questions as you did have a refusal on your PGWP. Doesn't really matter in the larger scheme of things - you'll get a Schedule A request at some point and you can add a short note explaining this in that form.
ThankS for the answer

So you mean I should not Mention about the status expiry in an LOE with application, but wait and mention it on an LOE when i will submit Schedule A at CIC'S request ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Human11 said:
ThankS for the answer

So you mean I should not Mention about the status expiry in an LOE with application, but wait and mention it on an LOE when i will submit Schedule A at CIC'S request ?
You can mention it in an LoE upfront but you're still likely to get a Schedule A request later as well.