Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
I have made 22 trips in the last 10 years to Thailand with most trip duration between 1 week to 1 month (they were for visiting my parents) however I do have one (business trip) that lasted 4 months.

In other words, none of these trips were for a duration longer than 6 months

So my question is:

a) Do I need a PCC for Thailand?

b) If I apply without the PCC and CIC wants it, will they reject my application or request it at a later point? I'm not too worried about delays as I need a PCC from USA so delays are inevitable - I just don't want a rejection naturally

c) My main reason for avoiding Thailand PCC if possible (other than the additional cost) is that I read (on this forum itself) that applying for PCC from abroad (India of all places to boot!) for Thai PCC is a royal PITA. My parents still reside in Thailand but we are unsure if they can submit the application on my behalf (or if that will even help)

Appreciate some responses from the experts!

Thanks~

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
One trip of 4 months and all the others can definitely add upto 6 months. IRCC requires PCC from a country in which an applicant has stayed in total 6 months or more.
You would definitely need a PCC from Thailand.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
6 months or more in a row is what it says on the CIC website

and not 6 months in accumulation over 10 years (although ofcourse I have accumulated way more than 6 months over the last 10 years)

but I'm not even sure Thailand will issue me a PCC given almost all of my trips were on a tourist visa (which comes with a 2 months max stay per trip)

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
hshringi said:
6 months or more in a row is what it says on the CIC website

and not 6 months in accumulation over 10 years (although ofcourse I have accumulated way more than 6 months over the last 10 years)

but I'm not even sure Thailand will issue me a PCC given almost all of my trips were on a tourist visa (which comes with a 2 months max stay per trip)
I think the requirement is changed.

Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.

It doesn't say 6 months in a row anymore. So you need PCC from Thailand.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
On the contrary, it says quite clearly here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp) that its for countries where one has stayed 6 months or more "in a row"

Just read a few lines above the line you quoted

Anyways my main q still remains the same:

If I don't get a Thailand PCC, will they reject my application over that or request me to get it at a later point as per their needs?

And if y'all do insist I need a Thailand PCC, any of you have any experience of getting it as someone staying outside Thailand?

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
The other thing here is the definition of "lived"

I didn't live in Thailand (maybe other than that 4 month business trip - although even that was technically a visit)

I "visited" Thailand numerous times but I didn't actually "live" in Thailand during the last 10 years

I was living in Singapore/Thailand/USA when I visited Thailand.

I did stay in Thailand for a very long time before I turned 18 though (I did most of my schooling in Thailand) but that doesn't count I believe (and also I was staying as a dependent to my parents so it shouldn't matter anyways)

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
hshringi said:
On the contrary, it says quite clearly here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp) that its for countries where one has stayed 6 months or more "in a row"

Just read a few lines above the line you quoted

Anyways my main q still remains the same:

If I don't get a Thailand PCC, will they reject my application over that or request me to get it at a later point as per their needs?

And if y'all do insist I need a Thailand PCC, any of you have any experience of getting it as someone staying outside Thailand?
This is old!

Date Modified:
2015-10-02

The newer one applies to you.

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
hshringi said:
The other thing here is the definition of "lived"

I didn't live in Thailand (maybe other than that 4 month business trip - although even that was technically a visit)

I "visited" Thailand numerous times but I didn't actually "live" in Thailand during the last 10 years

I was living in Singapore/Thailand/USA when I visited Thailand.

I did stay in Thailand for a very long time before I turned 18 though (I did most of my schooling in Thailand) but that doesn't count I believe (and also I was staying as a dependent to my parents so it shouldn't matter anyways)
They will either ask you to provide PCC or they will reject you! Apply for it. Better safe than sorry!
See sunil55 post here >>> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-august-2015-t332574.5685.html

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
If that's old information then where did your new information come from? I'm not seeing it anywhere?

Also I would be surprised if CIC didn't update their own website considering that their support lines all mention we should always refer to the CIC website for assistance

Oh and I just checked sunil55's posts and I didn't see anything that was relevant to my case - I only had one stay longer than 3 months

Anyways the key thing that I take from sunil55's posts is that they requested the PCC from him when he didn't submit it instead of rejecting his application

That's good enough for me (unless anyone says otherwise)

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
hshringi said:
If that's old information then where did your new information come from? I'm not seeing it anywhere?

Also I would be surprised if CIC didn't update their own website considering that their support lines all mention we should always refer to the CIC website for assistance

Oh and I just checked sunil55's posts and I didn't see anything that was relevant to my case - I only had one stay longer than 3 months

Anyways the key thing that I take from sunil55's posts is that they requested the PCC from him when he didn't submit it instead of rejecting his application

Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check

Police certificates

As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependants) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have lived for a total of six months or more, since the age of 18.

Note: This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has traveled for six months or more, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.

The IRCC website provides instructions to applicants on how to obtain a police certificate.

Police certificates are typically valid for one year from the date they are issued.

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.

For countries in which the applicant no longer lives, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the client lived in that country.

The personalized document checklist provided to applicants in their MyCIC account does not prompt applicants for individual police certificates based on their declared residence and travel history; rather, applicants must determine which police certificates are required as part of their application and must compile the police certificates into a single file to upload as a single supporting document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#police_certificates

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
hshringi said:

They didn't reject him/her because the PCC rules changed after he/she submitted the file!
You are responsible for your time,energy, and money. No one can guarantee if your case will be rejected or not. It might be difficult, or take some time to get that PCC but it is better than a rejection!
All the best,

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Read this page too >>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/thailand.asp

It seems Thailand is one of the countries that need a request from IRCC.

If you live outside of Thailand:

You should apply at the Special Branch of the Royal Thai Police (see Special notes and considerations for complete address). You must bring:

The original and one self-certified copy of each: passport, national identification card, household registration, marriage, divorce and name change certificates and military record (if applicable)
Copy of the request for a police certificate issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Two recent passport-size photographs (2.5 cm × 5 cm in height)
Applicable fees
Two sets of original fingerprints (must be taken by: the local police, the Royal Thai Embassy or the Consulate in your country of residence and must bear the official seal and be signed by the person taking the fingerprints.
Pre-paid registered self-addressed envelope

So you definitely need PCC from Thailand, but you need to wait for IRCC to send you that request. In other words, you need the IRCC request to be able to apply for Thailand PCC.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Now that link backs up your statement so I appreciate it!

As I said from the beginning, I have no qualms of getting the PCC from Thailand - afterall, I'm getting it from 3 other countries anyways

My concern is that I have no idea how to get it

Firstly, the Thailand PCC link (on CIC) says the fingerprints have to be from the Royal Thai embassy or a local police station (the latter surely won't issue me one while I have no idea who to approach in the embassy). So I have no idea where to get the fingerprints done - I presume since its not mentioned, they won't accept agencies?

Secondly, can my parents submit the application on my behalf?

Thirdly, the request is a non-issue as I can always submit my ITA letter as proof of requirement

Fourthly, many people here seem to have struggled with the Thai police issuing the letter as there seem to be some documents that are requested in Thai (which I obviously cannot provide)

These are my concerns with the Thai PCC - not so much that I refuse to get it but more so that I don't know how to!

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
hshringi said:
Now that link backs up your statement so I appreciate it!

As I said from the beginning, I have no qualms of getting the PCC from Thailand - afterall, I'm getting it from 3 other countries anyways

My concern is that I have no idea how to get it

Firstly, the Thailand PCC link (on CIC) says the fingerprints have to be from the Royal Thai embassy or a local police station (the latter surely won't issue me one while I have no idea who to approach in the embassy). So I have no idea where to get the fingerprints done - I presume since its not mentioned, they won't accept agencies?

Secondly, can my parents submit the application on my behalf?

Thirdly, the request is a non-issue as I can always submit my ITA letter as proof of requirement

Fourthly, many people here seem to have struggled with the Thai police issuing the letter as there seem to be some documents that are requested in Thai (which I obviously cannot provide)

These are my concerns with the Thai PCC - not so much that I refuse to get it but more so that I don't know how to!
Where do you live? The police offices can get you fingerprints (ink or digital). Then you can send them. I did this one myself and pretty easy thing to do. The ink one cost me 45 CAD.
If you authorize you parents, they can get it.
You can not submit your ITA as proof of requirement! You have to wait for IRCC to issue a request letter. Then you can use that letter to request for PCC.
The other documents sound straightforward to me.

All the best,

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Han said:
Where do you live? The police offices can get you fingerprints (ink or digital). Then you can send them. I did this one myself and pretty easy thing to do. The ink one cost me 45 CAD.
If you authorize you parents, they can get it.
The other documents sound straightforward to me.

All the best,
I live in Bangalore (India). Afaik either the local police don't take fingerprints or take them in such poor quality that they are as good as none

You got a PCC for Thailand as well? That's interesting

And I'm not sure how I can authorize my parents but ofcourse if its acceptable then they'll submit the application on my behalf (I know its acceptable in Singapore but I haven't read anything as such about Thailand)

Also, you did not require anything written in Thai? Someone had mentioned this problem on another thread in the forum

And what was the application fee?

Rest as you said shouldn't be a problem

Thanks for your help!