+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEST TO OATH TIMELINE (CBSA CHECK NEEDED)? Misssissauga CIC

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 5, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 5, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 14, 2013.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 10, 2014. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

torontowarrior

Dec 8, 2013
They mentioned since you have already provided your consent in the application form they confirmed they will be using that.

vinaypuri said:
Did they ask your consent? not sure why they asked me because I clearly had it checked in app. I used to think they are doing this for evry citizenship app in advance in Sydney.

torontowarrior

Dec 8, 2013
I received my Oath notice letter yesterday to attend the Oath on 27th March at Mississauga. After 2 weeks of Test date i received the Oath letter. It looks like CIC has fast access to pull CBSA report for validation.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nice congratlations.. i think my scenario is same as yours.. hope i get it soon too.. thanks for sharing.

;)
torontowarrior said:
I received my Oath notice letter yesterday to attend the Oath on 27th March at Mississauga. After 2 weeks of Test date i received the Oath letter. It looks like CIC has fast access to pull CBSA report for validation.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
That's very good news in two weeks you got your oath letter good for you and congrats,,, I am hoping that I will get it coming week 3 weeks passed and nothing certainly concerned!!

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Concerned said:
That's very good news in two weeks you got your oath letter good for you and congrats,,, I am hoping that I will get it coming week 3 weeks passed and nothing certainly concerned!!
Your office Mississauga too? did they ask for your consent to get CBSA records?

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I set up a spreadsheet for the timelines in the following Google Drive link (please copy and paste in your browser to access):

docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArnuR0El8SEtdEhMS0dQNEQwVXppZ3VDdWNsVlM0TXc&usp=sharing

Folks here have been sharing their timelines in a tabulated format so it's easier to keep track of application status.

Would be great if you can share your personal timelines too. The spreadsheet is open-access (no log-in required).
Just kindly update your oath date once you get it. I know that for a lot of people they'd probably stop reading this forum once they obtained their prized citizenship. Good luck.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Yes my office is Miss and I was told that it will take 3-6 weeks or max 8 weeks,, I did gave them my consent already in my application. I really don't understand how this process works?
Never travelled out of Canada.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see... keep us updated as soon as you hear back

So Concerned said:
Yes my office is Miss and I was told that it will take 3-6 weeks or max 8 weeks,, I did gave them my consent already in my application. I really don't understand how this process works?

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wayne_vega said:
I had my test in Miss. as well.
All of us (50) did not get an invite on the spot like people normally do at that office.
My interview went well. She did check my passport for new stamps (there are some to the Caribbean and Miami) but was satisfied they were indeed for vacation. Did not mention a thing about the need to verify them with CBSA and that I should get the invite 2 to 6 weeks (I believe she said weeks, not months) in the mail.
As of today, nothing.
Read my thread (Mississauga, Feb. 6, 4 pm session).
Best of luck,
Wayne.
Hi Wayne_vega,
Have you received an oath invitation yet?

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Nothing at all, Torontonian...
Does make me wonder what's the delay but agents on the phone have told me it's on queue.
And you?

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Nothing for me folks!!! one month passed and no light? I called CIC and as usual text book answer 6 months from test date!! so concerned!! :(

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
torontonian2003 said:
No bro. Still anxiously anticipating.
At least in your case they did tell you what's the delay about.
It's more puzzling in my case where I wasn't told anything about needing to check something. And then agents on the phone to not go beyond their usual line, doesn't help me at all.
If they would say: we're checking on your whatever, then I'd understand the situation. But to say nothing about and then see people get oath invites way after my test date, it's unnerving indeed.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
So Concerned said:
Your case sounds even more puzzling than mine as you didn't leave the country at all, So Concerned.