+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEST TO OATH TIMELINE (CBSA CHECK NEEDED)? Misssissauga CIC

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Yes I never leave the country... working after I landed of 2 months at the same company till today!! Is it possible if the officer said that I should expect the oath letter within 3-6 weeks and then issue RQ? I am extremely worried.

larine

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Concerned said:
Yes I never leave the country... working after I landed of 2 months at the same company till today!! Is it possible if the officer said that I should expect the oath letter within 3-6 weeks and then issue RQ? I am extremely worried.
My friend got QR after the test.. no worries

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
So Concerned said:
This is Mississauga. I haven't read of a single case having been RQd after testing there.
But then again, I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone has... After all, anything is possible with CIC.

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wayne_vega said:
This is Mississauga. I haven't read of a single case having been RQd after testing there.
But then again, I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone has... After all, anything is possible with CIC.
Hi Wayne,
I believe I've seen a few applicants handed out RQ forms during the pre-test interview in Mississauga when I took my exam on 10 March. They were however allowed to take the test just like the rest of us.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Ok, that's still before the test.
How about after the test and I mean weeks later?.
But like I said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone has been RQd after the test in Mississauga. Real after, like a month later.
I would hate to be the first one, hehehe.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
But if they were satisfied, how come the long wait?
By the way, there were no pre-RQs given out before the test on my session (Feb. 6 at 4 pm).

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wayne_vega said:
Nothing at all, Torontonian...
Does make me wonder what's the delay but agents on the phone have told me it's on queue.
And you?
Hi Wayne_vega,
I called the Call Centre today inquiring about my application status. All he has on my file is:
(1) I passed the test
(2) Awaiting scheduling for oath
I asked specifically if there are more notices on my file but apparently there's none.
He concluded by saying that I should expect to wait 6 months, which is rather generic if you ask me.
I'll just have to distract myself till a letter arrives. I also have a hunch that the eCAS updates are delayed relative to the mailing of any notice, so as, not to trigger a phone call to the Call Centre regarding "missed" mails which are probably just on their way. So if this hunch is correct, then checking updates on eCAS would be more frustrating than just simply waiting for the letter. While compiling oath dates from different peoples as a spreadsheet, I noticed a few of them have noted that they received their oath invitations by mail before their eCAS is duly updated.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
Yes, those were the same lines I got when I called (twice already). So, no more phone calls for me as they don't really say anything beyond that.
And yes, that's something I've pointed out before: the letter is faster than the ecas although not always. Someone else on the same day and office I was in, got her ecas updated before receiving the letter.
So, I check both everyday (ecas and mail).
Good luck and very nice table you put up, thx.
I'm an individual application, notice to appear for citizenship sent on jan. 20, 2014.

Mar 19, 2014
I took my test in November 2013 and had a similar experience. I passed the test but they needed to verify some entry/exit dates.

I was recently sent an RQ, so it's not very great news for me. I don't think it will be the same for your case though, as it's only one stamp. My case was more about my days in residence being too close to the minimum (1098 out of 1095), so being off my entry/exit dates was more of a big deal to them. If you've got enough of a cushion from the 1095, you should be fine....but expect a few months before they get back to you.

torontonian2003 said:
My timeline is as follows:
Application filed: July 2013
Application started processing: October 2013 (3 months after submission)
Notice to take citizenship test: February 2014 (7 months after submission)
Test taken/passed at Mississauga CIC: 10 March 2014 (8 months after submission)

I'm still waiting for my oath invitation. CIC says they need to verify a recent reentry date (since my passport was not stamped at the border crossing in Detroit) with CBSA (Canadian Border Services Agency). CIC agent says that they will do the check "in-house". I'm sure of the travel dates I claimed but just no stamp on one particular reentry. I wasn't asked for an RQ.

Is anyone in a similar situation - test passed but awaiting verification of border entries/exits?

Kindly share your timeline in a similar situation. Thanks.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
torontonian2003 said:
How many days did you have as residency when you applied?
I don't remember the exact number but I do remember thinking about it throughly and going with a minimum of 2 weeks for cushion just in case.
So, I'd say they were about 1095 + 14 = 1109.

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontowarrior said:
I received my Oath notice letter yesterday to attend the Oath on 27th March at Mississauga. After 2 weeks of Test date i received the Oath letter. It looks like CIC has fast access to pull CBSA report for validation.
Thanks for your feedback man. Congratulations!!!

SLE

Sep 24, 2013
Hi all,

My wife and I had the citizenship test last Friday at Mississauga CIC Office. Both of us got 20/20, and we received the Oath invitation after the test result and interview. We have the Oath Ceremony on March 31st.

So happy!! :D

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SLE said:
Hi all,

My wife and I had the citizenship test last Friday at Mississauga CIC Office. Both of us got 20/20, and we received the Oath invitation after the test result and interview. We have the Oath Ceremony on March 31st.

So happy!! :D
Congratulations!

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
I believe you torontonian2003 and I are the only one still awaiting our luck for the oath letter! tomorrow is going to start my 5th week after the test I am hoping that we receive it before the week ends. so concerned is little expression from my side...what's your thoughts... do you think that we should be receiving something positive this week,,, sorry mate but I am worried... Feb 20 my test, never left the country,,, hopefully you are more optimistic than me.. :(

Raincouver

Mar 17, 2014
I don't understand why CIC only check CBSA record if the record doesn't show the date when people leave Canada. They only can find when they reentry Canada, but they don't know when they leave. How to verify it?