torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My timeline is as follows:
Application filed: July 2013
Application started processing: October 2013 (3 months after submission)
Notice to take citizenship test: February 2014 (7 months after submission)
Test taken/passed at Mississauga CIC: 10 March 2014 (8 months after submission)

I'm still waiting for my oath invitation. CIC says they need to verify a recent reentry date (since my passport was not stamped at the border crossing in Detroit) with CBSA (Canadian Border Services Agency). CIC agent says that they will do the check "in-house". I'm sure of the travel dates I claimed but just no stamp on one particular reentry. I wasn't asked for an RQ.

Is anyone in a similar situation - test passed but awaiting verification of border entries/exits?

Kindly share your timeline in a similar situation. Thanks.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
I had my test in Miss. as well.
All of us (50) did not get an invite on the spot like people normally do at that office.
My interview went well. She did check my passport for new stamps (there are some to the Caribbean and Miami) but was satisfied they were indeed for vacation. Did not mention a thing about the need to verify them with CBSA and that I should get the invite 2 to 6 weeks (I believe she said weeks, not months) in the mail.
As of today, nothing.
Read my thread (Mississauga, Feb. 6, 4 pm session).
Best of luck,
Wayne.

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Others in our batch of ctizenship test takers at Mississauga (10 March 2014) have been given notices shortly after the test. Those guys are taking their oath on 17 March (1 week after).

pedy27

Jan 24, 2014
I am in a same situation, do not worry it takes about 6 weeks.
I passed the test on Jan 22,2014 and the officer told me we have to get the report from CBSA and let you know. I got my oath letter on March 7th by mail for the oath ceremony on March 22. about 6 weeks in total between test and oath letter.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
torontonian2003 said:
Others in our batch of ctizenship test takers at Mississauga (10 March 2014) have been given notices shortly after the test. Those guys are taking their oath on 17 March (1 week after).
I know...
Like I said, most of those lucky ones at Mississauga get the oath invite right after the test and for the following week.
Who knows what happened on Feb. 06 that made them not give out any. Right before the test they announced that they wouldn't give out oath invitations to any of us.

wayne_vega

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
pedy27 said:
I am in a same situation, do not worry it takes about 6 weeks.
I passed the test on Jan 22,2014 and the officer told me we have to get the report from CBSA and let you know. I got my oath letter on March 7th by mail for the oath ceremony on March 22. about 6 weeks in total between test and oath letter.
Another member who attended my testing on that Feb. 06 day got her invite last week... And another one besides me hasn't.
Hopefully tomorrow is my day to shine, otherwise, week 5 would have come and gone for me without an invite.

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not much to do than wait I suppose.
Thanks for your responses guys and congratulations pedy27!
I'll update my posting once I get a feedback from CIC.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same boat. I had my test at Scarborough on Jan 22nd. Today after 2.5 months I got the mail that CIC needs consent to get History of entries from CBSA. I just sent them my consent. Not sure why they have to ask the consent because in my Citizenship application I checked 'yes' on it.

I am sure I put all my dates correctly and during the interview immigration officer did not raise any questions either.

torontonian2003 said:
Not much to do than wait I suppose.
Thanks for your responses guys and congratulations pedy27!
I'll update my posting once I get a feedback from CIC.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
vinaypuri said:
I am in the same boat. I had my test at Scarborough on Jan 22nd. Today after 2.5 months I got the mail that CIC needs consent to get History of entries from CBSA. I just sent them my consent. Not sure why they have to ask the consent because in my Citizenship application I checked 'yes' on it.

I am sure I put all my dates correctly and during the interview immigration officer did not raise any questions either.
This is concerning. Does this indicate they aren't checking CBSA records in Sydney?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
The over reliance on border records concerns me. I am looking at an acquaintance's CBSA report now and there are multiple entries that are simply missing. No record that this person ever came back to Canada on the days they did. It seems they weren't very diligent about scanning cards in 2007, 2008, 2009.

Of course, they also sent two different sheets, with overlaps. So, I have no idea if whoever ran this did it correctly and no idea if what CIC got has any differences from what I am looking at. If you ask me, if you had more than a few trips, there is a strong argument to be made for NOT letting CIC get CBSA records directly. Get it yourself and send them a copy. That way you know you are both looking at the same thing.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's what I thought too that they are doing that investigation at Sydney... but it seems not.

Well, I have already sent them the consent and ordered CBSA records for myself. I hope it matches with what I have in app. Most of consecutive trips to US are in 2009... hoping for the best and trying to prepare for the worst...

links18 said:
The over reliance on border records concerns me. I am looking at an acquaintance's CBSA report now and there are multiple entries that are simply missing. No record that this person ever came back to Canada on the days they did. It seems they weren't very diligent about scanning cards in 2007, 2008, 2009.

Of course, they also sent two different sheets, with overlaps. So, I have no idea if whoever ran this did it correctly and no idea if what CIC got has any differences from what I am looking at. If you ask me, if you had more than a few trips, there is a strong argument to be made for NOT letting CIC get CBSA records directly. Get it yourself and send them a copy. That way you know you are both looking at the same thing.

torontowarrior

Dec 8, 2013
I also have similar experience.

My test and interview was at Mississauga on 27th Feb. During the interview they verified each and every entry/exit stamping. Couple of visits from US to canada wasn't stamped. So the interview officer told they will be requesting for CBSA report to validate those entries.

Still waiting for an update. Not sure how long will it take.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did they ask your consent? not sure why they asked me because I clearly had it checked in app. I used to think they are doing this for evry citizenship app in advance in Sydney.

torontowarrior said:
I also have similar experience.

My test and interview was at Mississauga on 27th Feb. During the interview they verified each and every entry/exit stamping. Couple of visits from US to canada wasn't stamped. So the interview officer told they will be requesting for CBSA report to validate those entries.

Still waiting for an update. Not sure how long will it take.

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: TEST TO OATH TIMELINE (CBSA CHECK NEEDED)?

Today, I got my Oath notice letter by mail to attend the Oath on March 27 at Scarborough.

Hope all of you will get their Oath notification very soon.

Good luck to everyone!