+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

Alhtrek

Jul 14, 2018
Hi folks,

my timeline is on my signature.
BG completed May 13 and today I scheduled to online interview with officer.
They requested the following documents:
- Two (2) pieces of identification with your photo and signature. These should be the identification documents submitted with your application (i.e. provincial/territorial identification documents).
- All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form).
- Permanent resident card (if you have ever received one).
- All original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).

I don’t know what they mean by (All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)) does the officer mean all documents that I submitted 20 months ago or just documents that related to my IDs.

I don’t have tickets or booking to mentioned my travelling.
Does anyone here have the same requests? How the interview was? Should I translate some stamps in my passports?
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thank uou

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Hi folks,

my timeline is on my signature.
BG completed May 13 and today I scheduled to online interview with officer.
They requested the following documents:
- Two (2) pieces of identification with your photo and signature. These should be the identification documents submitted with your application (i.e. provincial/territorial identification documents).
- All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form).
- Permanent resident card (if you have ever received one).
- All original passports and travel documents in your possession (current and expired).

I don’t know what they mean by (All your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)) does the officer mean all documents that I submitted 20 months ago or just documents that related to my IDs.

I don’t have tickets or booking to mentioned my travelling.
Does anyone here have the same requests? How the interview was? Should I translate some stamps in my passports?
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thank uou
Have they asked you for a copy of your passport pages before during the process or this is the first time? and no you shouldn't translate the stamps if its online. my friend just had his interview last week. they just asked him to show the passport on camera go through couple of pages and that's it.

Which office tho?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hello Folks,

So I received my 3rd GCMS notes from CBSA. I applied by paper with family in OCT, 2022. My BG is in process (Security Clearance) since Feb, 2023 and we already passed the test, my spouse has BGC. As per notes:
  • Triage: L2; Location: Grant Review Ready - PM01; Application Assignment is all BLANK (not yet assigned), LPP: Not Started, Security: In process, Criminality: Passed
Below is consolidated view of my notes, one thing new I noticed that these notes have validity date under security sub-activity, updated by system. Does it means that my security clearance is already completed by CSIS, but not yet updated by case officer or RC-8090 (CPC sydney) - but then why the status is still 'pending results' (perhaps previous status)?

My security was started on 08 Feb, 2023. I should expect 6-8 months (by July/Aug, 2023) or 110 days (as per CSIS service standard), I have also requested CSIS notes on 27 APR, 2023 - hopefully those will arrive this month too.

Secondly, I intend to request SCR office to separate/de-couple spouse and minors applications so that my processing delay doesn't jeopardize their application processing. Would there be any +/- impact or success rate of this?

What are your insights on these notes I received? please share your valuable insights. Thank you!
@johnjkjk what you think about it?

Seniors please assist, @scylla , @legalfalcon ...

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@johnjkjk what you think about it?

Seniors please assist, @scylla , @legalfalcon ...
Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like your security clearance is still in process. The validity date under the security sub-activity could mean that CSIS has completed their review, but the case officer or RC-8090 (CPC sydney) has not yet updated the status. It's also possible that the validity date is simply a placeholder, and that the security clearance is not yet complete.

The processing time for security clearances can vary depending on a number of factors, including the complexity of the case and the workload of CSIS. As you mentioned, the standard processing time is 110 days. However, it's possible that your case could take longer.

As for your question about separating your spouse and minors applications, it's possible to do this. However, there is no guarantee that it will speed up the processing time for your spouse and minors applications. In fact, it's possible that it could delay the processing time.

If you're considering separating your applications, I would recommend speaking to a lawyer or immigration consultant. They can help you weigh the pros and cons of separating your applications and make a recommendation that is best for your specific situation.

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Based on the information you've provided, it sounds like your security clearance is still in process. The validity date under the security sub-activity could mean that CSIS has completed their review, but the case officer or RC-8090 (CPC sydney) has not yet updated the status. It's also possible that the validity date is simply a placeholder, and that the security clearance is not yet complete.

The processing time for security clearances can vary depending on a number of factors, including the complexity of the case and the workload of CSIS. As you mentioned, the standard processing time is 110 days. However, it's possible that your case could take longer.

As for your question about separating your spouse and minors applications, it's possible to do this. However, there is no guarantee that it will speed up the processing time for your spouse and minors applications. In fact, it's possible that it could delay the processing time.

If you're considering separating your applications, I would recommend speaking to a lawyer or immigration consultant. They can help you weigh the pros and cons of separating your applications and make a recommendation that is best for your specific situation.
Thank you for your detailed response, truly appreciate that.

Prior to these ATIP notes, a month earlier notes exhibited no validity date, but the recent ones - which made me confidently assume that CSIS has completed the review report, while CPC has not updated yet. Hence I am inclined more on first possibility, while agreed upon second possibility, you mentioned - when it comes to IRCC, anything can be expected.

Agreed on varied processing time of security clearance as well - widely applicable to overall processing time as well - every case is different as IRCC conveys. All normal and in routine under 21 months, and non-routine with indefinite time if beyond, otherwise. Recently some cases I observed taking 6 months time in security clearance - but that's just needle in haystack! fingers crossed.

While we are on verge of continuous stress, I am still contemplating over the thoughts of whether to request for separate processing or not. Thanks for highlighting the possibility of additional delays which may be caused due to facilitiate the request to separate or the separation process itself, if they agree. I am also waiting for CSIS notes, and will consult an immigration consultant as well.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018

Where do you check the standard processing time?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thank you for your detailed response, truly appreciate that.

Prior to these ATIP notes, a month earlier notes exhibited no validity date, but the recent ones - which made me confidently assume that CSIS has completed the review report, while CPC has not updated yet. Hence I am inclined more on first possibility, while agreed upon second possibility, you mentioned - when it comes to IRCC, anything can be expected.

Agreed on varied processing time of security clearance as well - widely applicable to overall processing time as well - every case is different as IRCC conveys. All normal and in routine under 21 months, and non-routine with indefinite time if beyond, otherwise. Recently some cases I observed taking 6 months time in security clearance - but that's just needle in haystack! fingers crossed.

While we are on verge of continuous stress, I am still contemplating over the thoughts of whether to request for separate processing or not. Thanks for highlighting the possibility of additional delays which may be caused due to facilitiate the request to separate or the separation process itself, if they agree. I am also waiting for CSIS notes, and will consult an immigration consultant as well.

Thanks again!
Again, you just applied 6 months ago and are panicking as if you have a 2020 file. Pending results means just that. You just have to wait. You're well within the standard processing time.

Reactions: jojee2k6